Doesn't Dreamweaver Server Deserve Payback Also

sl1cem
sl1cem Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
Ok so my feeling are hurt see when Rageingtides server had issues the GMs rewarded them with free stuff as an apology and when Archosaur server had issues the GMs also rewarded them free stuff as an apology but now i am on Dreamweaver server and we had major issues loging in and loseing stuff and What does the GMs give us as a reward free stuff "NOPE NOPE NOPE" all we get is a big fat "SORRY FOR THE INCONVIENANCE THE LOG IN ISSUE IS FIXED BUT THE STUFF YOU LOST TO BAD SO SAD WE ARE WORKING ON IT" atleast that is what they say but who is to know for sure come on GMs fair is fair we deserve a payback too dont you think arn't we just as important as Rageingtides and Archosaur Servers are
b:angry
Post edited by sl1cem on

Comments

• kingofdacastle1
    kingofdacastle1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I agree, Dreamweaver should get some sort of compensation. For people who are unaware of what went on, I'll summarize below.

During the last week of 2x, we missed nearly 2 days of 2x due to server issues.

We had multiple unannounced rollbacks.

There was an "accidental" restart at a completely random time.

Player's gears were missing (including bound items and r9rr) and were somehow found on other players characters.

Some players are still missing their bound gear.

Some players are still unable to login their characters, nearly a week later.

I'm not usually one for compensation, but this is one of the biggest messes I've seen in the years I've played pwi. I don't want anything game breaking or free for compensation. Once everyone is able to log on their characters again and has their gear back, I think Dreamweaver deserves a bit more 2x.
  • Titoto - Raging Tide
    Titoto - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sl1cem wrote: »
    Ok so my feeling are hurt see when Rageingtides server had issues the GMs rewarded them with free stuff as an apology

Eh wait, what did we get? I don't know, I probably missed it, tell me please.
    My forum avatar has been through so many changes by itself it's not even funny -.-
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    They initially turned on the EXP boost because of Dreamweaver and, IIRC, had a thing to send an ocean orb or something to the first char you logged into for just Dreamweaver.

... Then the second crash hit and yeah...

Honestly, though, I prefer them not giving something than giving compensation that breaks something else like all the other times. Plus they still need to fix the stuff for people that can't access their characters as is and giving anything now means those people are gonna be missing out.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    They initially turned on the EXP boost because of Dreamweaver and, IIRC, had a thing to send an ocean orb or something to the first char you logged into for just Dreamweaver.

... Then the second crash hit and yeah...

Honestly, though, I prefer them not giving something than giving compensation that breaks something else like all the other times. Plus they still need to fix the stuff for people that can't access their characters as is and giving anything now means those people are gonna be missing out.

The bolded was actually an edited post in Photoshop or paint.NET that someone posted. It never happened, hon.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    The bolded was actually an edited post in Photoshop or paint.NET that someone posted. It never happened, hon.

Nah, I don't mean from the facebook thing. I guess that just means that something sparkie was trying to have his bosses do didn't get through. Kinda a shame really, but then again, the whole issue with people still not being able to log on some of their characters should be a priority for them regardless.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nah, I don't mean from the facebook thing. I guess that just means that something sparkie was trying to have his bosses do didn't get through. Kinda a shame really, but then again, the whole issue with people still not being able to log on some of their characters should be a priority for them regardless.

Very true, though something should have happened to help fix the gear issues. I actually had a huge issue with my quests, which reset my cultivation and such. Reset all my quests to "not completed" actually.

Maybe they will give "compensation", especially with all the issues and such around the 2x/3x. Maybe. Either way, it would be nice to see some of the people affected heavily helped out and their gear situation fixed.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • sl1cem
    sl1cem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    now dont get me wrong i am not asking for ocean orbs or some other form of game changer just something small like ecstasy cards or excitement cards or demon/sage cards or platinum charms or even madains kissed chests even though they realy suck its something i just want something that shows they are trying to make a mence for one of the largest mess ups in PWI history i dont think that is to much to ask for
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    When did RT's get item compensation for anything. Last thing I know of is when that dragon orb fiasco that was allowed to happened. Other than that just the 2x/3x thing.

b:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    maiden chests x3, hypers x5 b:chuckle
  • mymahem
    mymahem Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2015

AGREED ! Thank You OPKossy. People missing charactors dont care much about trinkets and bobbles for compensation or even missing 2x exp at the moment. We just want our missing toons back. I just want my seeker back, in tact. There's not much in the way of compensation that can replace or make up for some of the charactors that have gone missing.

BellAhhh DW b:surrender MIA since 1/8/15
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
    seeker blah blah blah blah... b:bye