Error Retrieving Character Information

Comments

• kaosheals
    kaosheals Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    pwi is in infringment of the law by neglecting peoples paid for lost property i myself iam taking them to court to get back some compensation if you are missing anything PAID for you can too
    be aware the rights you have its not a threat its the law and iam aloud to use it to my advantage
  • mymahem
    mymahem Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kaosheals wrote: »
    pwi is in infringment of the law by neglecting peoples paid for lost property i myself iam taking them to court to get back some compensation if you are missing anything PAID for you can too
    be aware the rights you have its not a threat its the law and iam aloud to use it to my advantage

I wish you well with that but, I believe it's written somewhere that regardless of the real dollars a person chooses to invest, all accounts and toons therein as well as accumulated items associated with those toons remain the soul property of PWI and they are within their rights to do with them what ever to hell they wish. Sadly. So, I would say again, good luck to you on that. I, however, will remain hopeful in the possible delusion that someone cares and sit relatively quietly at the mercy of the PWI powers that be. I still believe they are trying to recover the missing toons and items and that doing so takes a bit of time. But that may just be me.

BellAhhh DW MIA 1/8/15 b:surrender
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
    seeker blah blah blah blah... b:bye
  • dhudg
    dhudg Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I did hope the broken toon would work fine after maint, but it's not the case, so i started farming coins and collecting new molds. I expect to be forced to delete the error toon and never see his g16 gear again b:surrender
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kaosheals wrote: »
    mymahem wrote: »
    I wish you well with that but, I believe it's written somewhere that regardless of the real dollars a person chooses to invest, all accounts and toons therein as well as accumulated items associated with those toons remain the soul property of PWI and they are within their rights to do with them what ever to hell they wish. Sadly. So, I would say again, good luck to you on that. I, however, will remain hopeful in the possible delusion that someone cares and sit relatively quietly at the mercy of the PWI powers that be. I still believe they are trying to recover the missing toons and items and that doing so takes a bit of time. But that may just be me.

BellAhhh DW MIA 1/8/15 b:surrender

They're having some issues with the server still, as quite a few people are having the same problem. I wouldn't be too worried about it until PWE officially announces that they're not going to correct it.

Also, as mymahem said, PWE reserves the right to game content, and can shut down the server at any time they wish without providing any compensation. That is something you agreed to when you stated that you had read the ToS and agreed to it.

In other words, you have no legs to stand on if you take PWE to court.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    and at the same time, many people was abusing the pill to get instant 105. b:surrender
    edited January 2015
    and at the same time, many people was abusing the pill to get instant 105. b:surrender

It's not really abusing if the pill is there. PWE made it so you could redeem it on whichever character you chose, which meant that some people chose to redeem it on a character that was higher level.

I actually got my Barb to 101 using 2 Crystals, and got his Sage cultivation done. Now he'll sit and forever rot until I can earn enough coins on other characters to actually gear him properly. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • kyrinrayne
    kyrinrayne Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's been a week now and no word as to anything being done. Please staff give us an update. It's very hard knowing NW is tonight and that we'll be forced to sit on the sidelines and watch again as our friends play. Just give us some indicator you're working on resolving this please.

Thanks
    Mer
    edited January 2015
    ~snip~

I would edit your post, in case this is still able to happen. PWE doesn't really look highly of posting glitches publicly on the forum. Thanks for telling me, though... was curious about what people were talking about with the instant 105s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    I would edit your post, in case this is still able to happen. PWE doesn't really look highly of posting glitches publicly on the forum. Thanks for telling me, though... was curious about what people were talking about with the instant 105s.

Gonna second this and poke sparkie about it when he comes online.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mymahem
    edited January 2015
    b:surrender Getting off track a bit aren't we?
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
  • cashmeare
    cashmeare Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    while your poking him about that poke him about responding to this issue, just let everyone know what's up with it, most of us here just want some input, so yeah poke him lol
  • dhudg
    edited January 2015
    Anyone got the error toon fixed in the meantime? Mine is still broken, it's been over a week for me already. They closed the ticket, i send another.. n am downloading another game b:sad And yes, i did verify my pwi client.
  • scarcasm
    scarcasm Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I still can't get onto my toon either. But I don't think re installing the game will work (it won't, I had to re install because of other reasons and it did nothing). My ticket is still open and this is the latest response....

-snip ticket response-

So, I'm sure they have NO idea when this could potentially be fixed. I, for one, made a new character with the 95 pill and am trying to fix her up. It is VERY frustrating and I have actually started playing something else, which I'm having a blast at. So...if they never bring my character back..I would not be surprised. Only because it seems like a lot of work.
  • mymahem
    edited January 2015
    scarcasm wrote: »
    I still can't get onto my toon either. But I don't think re installing the game will work (it won't, I had to re install because of other reasons and it did nothing). My ticket is still open and this is the latest response....

-snip ticket response-

So, I'm sure they have NO idea when this could potentially be fixed. I, for one, made a new character with the 95 pill and am trying to fix her up. It is VERY frustrating and I have actually started playing something else, which I'm having a blast at. So...if they never bring my character back..I would not be surprised. Only because it seems like a lot of work.

Well.. I'm not willing to throw it in so easily. I realise this could take a bit of time to sort.. Tho I'm not sure why really. It seems they have access to any and all accounts and the charactors therin. They can do with them as they please whenever they like, so it would seem that it shouldn't be that difficult to roll a charactor or account back to January 7th. Of course I'm speculating. I'm sure PWE is aware that at least some of the charactors missing are toons people have invested a great deal in. I'm confident they don't want them lost either and are making every effort to restore them.

BellAhhh DW MIA
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
  • kyrinrayne
    edited January 2015
    U.U still no response from staff as to when or even if they'll fix this been over a week and my account is still crippled. Please at least give us an update something to let us know you're still working on this. I really would like to have my wizzy back and ALL my gear and stuffs on her. This is very unfair to those affected as we did nothing wrong.

Thanks
    Mer
  • cavekitty
    cavekitty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, I was just looking at my ticket again and found it closed?! Why would they close tickets that are not resolved? Should I resubmit it? I don't want to be a pest, but I'd like to hear that the developers are working on it, even if results are not encouraging :(
  • dhudg
    edited January 2015
    Sending another ticket about one and the same problem bring nothing. That's what i did n all i got is a nice info about that one ticket is enough O_o' I didnt mean to spam them, just send a screenshot about my error, in the new ticket since i cant update the old one, but it seem they didnt need it b:surrender. All u can do is one of the following:

1. Wait n hope the best
    2. Wait n hope the best to rage that the toon is still broken after the next maint
    3. Get a powerlvl pill toon
    4. Farm 24/7 to gear a new toon
    5. Rage n ... move on?

I bet pwi lost the backup tapes b:chuckle
  • kyrinrayne
    edited January 2015
    Being advised by others affected by this that our tickets are being closed unanswered and we're to send in a new ticket with a new question.
    Seriously -.-...the old question was never answered and closing the ticket still leave the issue unresolved. So I ask will you fix this or are you just closing the tickets and leaving those of us affected by this to suffer cause you're just not going to do anything?
    If you leave this as it is then this is the worst customer service any company has ever provided.
    So don't be asking why you're losing your clients and don't say anything when these same unhappy clients go post things to Twitter and Facebook about how you failed to help.

Thanks loads
    Mer

If you won't resolve this issue then I strongly suggest the lot of us take our Credit cards elsewhere where there is customer service who cares.
  • railsaw
    railsaw Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    already looking just saying
  • kyrinrayne
    edited January 2015
    Would a member of staff or Sparkie please update us as to what's going on with our missing toons and gear. It's 2 weeks and no word and no fix. Surely you have some answers by now.

Thanks
    Mer
  • kyrinrayne
    edited January 2015
    I had hoped a member of staff would have responded to let us know what is going on and still nothing.....
    What is required to get a response from a member of staff on this topic?

Thanks
    Mer
  • cavekitty
    cavekitty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So I received an email response to my ticket basically saying developers believe the issue is fixed and I should be able to get back on my toon. However, nothing has changed. It is the same problem as before. I tried restarting arc and the game and everything. At least I've heard from them, however. It must suck worse to not have heard anything at all.
  • Schec - Dreamweaver
    Schec - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have the same problem i sended my first ticket where their respons was to wait , cause they put in database the problems , after i got pissed and sended another after 1 week and got response that there are no updates to provide from the developer, and now i got that The developers believe they have fixed the issues and you should see your character at this time, and i still can't log it -.-
  • kyrinrayne
    edited January 2015
    I have a gm who has pmed me a little about my ticket. Still no word on a fix but at least I know why the tickets are being closed.

Tickets auto close after time has passed. It is completely fine, I have the ticket numbers on file.

Regards,
    Navi
    Game Master

I have asked for a weekly update to be sent and for them to communicate through forums so we know what's going on. TBH if they'd update us here they'd be flooded with tickets less as folks would know what's going on and feel reassured that we've not been forgotten or brushed under the rug. Just a suggestion to staff.

Really do miss my wizzy and being able to play my alts u.u.......
    Mer
  • mymahem
    edited January 2015
    cavekitty wrote: »
    So I received an email response to my ticket basically saying developers believe the issue is fixed and I should be able to get back on my toon. However, nothing has changed. It is the same problem as before. I tried restarting arc and the game and everything. At least I've heard from them, however. It must suck worse to not have heard anything at all.
    Same here. Got the Email and was very excited to log on my seeker today, but sadly still cannot. I am encouraged, however, that it appears efforts are still being made to restore these lost charactors and it seems they are feeling confident it can be done.
    My advise to those who have not heard anything thus far is to submit a single new ticket (not spam tickets) and be certain you submit to Perfect World International, (not Arc) in the "Product" heading. Under "Category" select: Account Inquiries, then select the sub category: Login Issues. Fill in all the requested information. You may have better results. And by the way, tho I certainly understand and share the feelings regarding this issue, I believe that being mature and relatively "nice" probably doesnt hurt.... js. They are trying. Good luck to you all and I hope to see us all on our currently missing charactors very soon.

BellAhhh DW ..... ENCOURAGED b:victory
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
  • Malvolia - Dreamweaver
    Malvolia - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kyrinrayne wrote: »
    I have a gm who has pmed me a little about my ticket. Still no word on a fix but at least I know why the tickets are being closed.

Tickets auto close after time has passed. It is completely fine, I have the ticket numbers on file.

Regards,
    Navi
    Game Master

I have asked for a weekly update to be sent and for them to communicate through forums so we know what's going on. TBH if they'd update us here they'd be flooded with tickets less as folks would know what's going on and feel reassured that we've not been forgotten or brushed under the rug. Just a suggestion to staff.

Really do miss my wizzy and being able to play my alts u.u.......
    Mer

I have the same issue with tickets. I can't get into my main either. They are just going around in circles and they even close them on me saying that the issue has been resolved...um....no, it hasn't! and they told me to submit another ticket if my specific case was not resolved. I follow instructions and they dismiss it as a "duplicate" and tell me to refer to my previous ticket; which had closed on me...so I'm spamming tickets and responses to get someone's word in on this because this is ridiculous I want my veno. b:angry
    ouroboros.guildlaunch.com
  • kyrinrayne
    edited January 2015
    So been checking my e-mails and reading forums. Not one GM has posted to this or the other thread I have found in a long while. Sparky can post multiple times to the Fashion Event thread but not again here. The way things are looking it seems as if PWE doesn't care and tbh after 2 weeks of little to no word I feel we've been brushed under the rug and forgotten. I used to log on in the morning and be here ALL day every day while I wasn't working. Then when I got a job I'd race home to log in the evenings to spend time with my friends. Since the loss of my wizzy and the crippling of my account I find more and more no incentive to be on pwi...I just see no point to try when the bulk of my 100 level toons I leveled from scratch without a pill can't be played. All the time and investment I put in this game seems to mean nothing to them.
    GM's I realize to you the loss of a toon or it's gear means little. To you they are just virtual paper dolls.
    To those of us who actually play your product. The loss of our toons and items are so much more.
    To me personally those items are a direct representation of my toon's history. A road map and journal of all I worked for and accomplished over the years of play. The G-16 wrists were my 1st G-16 piece of gear and were a gift from The__Sun and Chloe (the then Leader and a Marshal of my first real TW faction Tempest). I worked hard to raise my toon from TT gear until she was full g16 spamming Warsong for months. I remember the day I became full G-16 but my work didn't end there. I began my spamming of the weekly Aba and SoT until my gear was fully sharded with weekly shards. I wanted to be strong so I could stay standing to heal my cata barb. The game progressed and the opposition became stronger. My in game husband and I worked for almost a year farming to gear us both out to full r9r3 which I again was sharding with weekly shards. To you this means nothing but to those that read they know the kind of hard work,commitment and dedication this takes. Now through no fault of ours...our hard work is flushed.
    All most of us have gotten in response for the loss and inconvenience of this is a "yeah we know we're working in it". Tickets are being auto closed and from our viewpoint nothing is being done.
    How would you feel if it was you and that was ALL you got?
    Lately I find I log on run checkin and leave...to depressed and discouraged to even come and play on pwi. If you want those of us affected to leave and not play anymore be honest. If you're really doing something about this then post a reply letting us know. To leave us with no word is very poor customer service.

Thanks to those that read this and sorry for the length. I'm checking out other games now. If anyone has suggestions for a good MMO with great customer service pm me.

In closing I find the message "change your password often to protect your account" funny as hell. Cause your system not only "lost the files" on my wizzy but gave all her TT based AA G16 gear to another player. O.o not sure what the point is to changing my password often when the very people that are supposed to protect my account are the ones that hi-jacked it and now seem disinterested in fixing it. For the record..I'm not raging and if you could hear my voice you'd hear the melancholy sadness in it and the disappointment.

Thank
    Mer
  • richstich
    richstich Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm getting somewhat agitated by the lack of concern over this by PWI, we're going onto the third week since this problem started. Tickets are somewhat useless since no the issue isn't fixed like the email response said. If this can't be fixed some honesty into that would be helpful considering I just finished gearing my cleric and getting to 101 RB2. Some form of response from PWI staff would be considerably appreciated.
  • kyrinrayne
    edited January 2015
    Well it's been over 2 weeks no word on status of getting our accounts fixed or back staff is avoiding us here on forums and so no word.
    This is not customer service guys. I find it saddening mods and staff can respond to the "Fashion Event" but not one can come here after 2 weeks to let us know if there is any hope of getting our accounts back.
    Now folks are being told if they submit one more ticket about this issue they'll be perma banned. Well if they had some word you were really working on this and some updates they wouldn't keep spamming tickets but why confuse this issue with facts.
    PWI has the worst of customer service and so that being said I ask everyone to please close your wallets and not purchase anything from pwe until this issue is addressed properly.
    As a thought in closing how pwe handles this issue is an indicator of how they'll treat your issue when it's your turn. Next time it'll be your account messed up so tbh is it really safe to buy anything here knowing you could log on one day and it'll all be...gone?

Just something to think about
    Mer
  • Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver
    Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Mer, if Sparkie et al at PWI do not understand, I certainly do. I hear your voice, as intended, and I share your concerns. It pains me to imagine feeling that loss if it was my cleric that got poofed.

I lost a nab pillbaby seeker that I used as a mule. She is setting at level 0 and I get the error message when I try to log her. I lost some little things, mats, skill books, **** I bought to resell.. just stuff i would dump on her to clear my bag.

I didn't even send a ticket yet since others, like you, have a much more dire situation. I've waited patiently for an official response here, hoping for a report on the progress of the issue at hand and the direction I should go for my own toon problem resolution to no avail. Without pestering or overloading the support system since my issue is less critical.

It sucks. I am dumbstruck.
    --
    102/102/102 demon cleric

started playing April 2009.. took a few years break.. PWI is truly the Hotel California of MMORPGs b:surrender