ini edit

Options
Cleo69 - Sanctuary
Cleo69 - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
since ini edit is allowed it would be nice if they put most of the old hairstyles back in the char customizing screen. also would be great to have the new class flies and change it so it's not read only files. tried to save it to my desktop to ini edit stuff but when i put it back in the folder it says error when i select the file that i just changed in the customizing screen. would like to put new class hair styles on my older classes b:surrender
Post edited by Cleo69 - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I had no problem getting a new hairstyle on an archer a few weeks back. Try Kossy's suggestion.
    OPKossy wrote: »
    The former is an annoyance with the new expansion it seems.

The latter problems are annoyances with the folder being read only. If altering that (right click the directory, select properties, uncheck read-only and then hit ok) doesn't work, you can always copy the file to something outside of PWI's directory to perform any edits you need, then paste it back in after you're done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Cleo69 - Sanctuary
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ive tried that, copy to desktop then paste it back in after. then i go to makeover person and when i click on new file it says error or something :/
  • Numelle - Raging Tide
    Numelle - Raging Tide Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I didn't try out the old hair styles on new classes, but I found a way to not touch "read-only" files, just create new folder under element > userdata > character > customize and name it 111 for stormbringer, im not sure if this will also work for other class, since I didn't try it out. You can always try with 100, 101 or 110.

From there, go to game create char with hair you want to use, save it normaly as preset, and go to created folder and pick hairID. It should work fine, my veno has the new class hair on her atm.

That should work well, and if you wanna avoid error, change the number of bodyID, but Ill warn you the char will look like a one eyed monster.

I think it happens same when you try to post ini from veno to mystic or vice versa.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ive tried that, copy to desktop then paste it back in after. then i go to makeover person and when i click on new file it says error or something :/

Are you actually in the game during this? It's best to be sure the client isn't running when you do it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Numelle - Raging Tide
    Numelle - Raging Tide Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Are you actually in the game during this? It's best to be sure the client isn't running when you do it.

Actually it shouldnt matter if your client is runing or no. I did it milion of times and only way to "fix" the problem, is by exiting creation window and entering it again. But, maybe im wrong... :/
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Actually it shouldnt matter if your client is runing or no. I did it milion of times and only way to "fix" the problem, is by exiting creation window and entering it again. But, maybe im wrong... :/

Yeah. I no longer have a problem similar but in the past when it happened I found having the client completely exited helped out a bit.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Something wrong in the code, maybe you accidentally deleted or added something. Save a model one more time and edit it carefully.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Cleo69 - Sanctuary
    edited January 2015
    Options
    i had my non arc client open and did it off na alt account to see if it would work, like new toon screen but said error same with going to main toon makeover screen on game. so i dunno.. tried it a ton of dif ways... on arc not on arc.. making a new toon..saving it to desktop then copy it to folder..guess it really hates me sigh..
  • Warfare - Sanctuary
    Warfare - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    As mentioned, there's probably something wrong with the code that you're trying to work on. If you want the old hairstyles, simply just change the code for the specific one. There's a guide (link here) with all the pre-existing hairstyles to make your life easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]