pigments/dyes discussion

nyxnemhain
nyxnemhain Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
After some expensive experimenting, I have noticed that PWI has DRASTICALLY reduced the chance of dying something black or white to the point where its damn-near impossible; I suspect this is a strategy to encourage users to buy more dye hotpacks in the boutique which I find ridiculous. Dyes don't sell hardly at all in the user/coin market unless its black, white, or red, rendering the mountains of by-product colors practically useless. I can pretty much guarantee that it won't take users long to figure this out and practically boycott these boutique items until the success rate is upped to a more fair rate. Me and another user have tried dying a certain item (which takes 18 pigments/dyes) countless times and the only colors we seem to get are varying shades of green and brown. I'm sure you've noticed the game's user economy is way out of whack, and this will only make things worse in the long run, don't you think?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by nyxnemhain on

Comments

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Pretty sure there is already a thread on this.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This sound suspiciously like other "PWI reduced the chances of" threads. Refines, packs, stat rerolling, TT drops all come under fire when someone has a bad luck streak.

Are there any actual numbers showing the methodology of what the chances were "before" and the new "lowered"? Or data pulled from the game for chances of black and other colors?
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2015
    This sound suspiciously like other "PWI reduced the chances of" threads. Refines, packs, stat rerolling, TT drops all come under fire when someone has a bad luck streak.

Are there any actual numbers showing the methodology of what the chances were "before" and the new "lowered"? Or data pulled from the game for chances of black and other colors?

Actually there is truth to this. And there is a whole thread on it. I spent up about 150 randoms from event gold and all I got was some variations of blue, green and browns. Super annoying and seems like if you want specific colors it would be cheaper to buy the actual dye colors.
  • nyxnemhain
    edited January 2015
    Oh, I apologize if there's already a thread on this T_T I guess I should've looked around better. I used up at least 300 random pigments or more to even get the top I mentioned in white, which I was stunned I even got.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lasonja
    lasonja Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    b:laughif it makes u feel better i almost always get black and i dont want anymore black fash ijs on my female toons and pink on my male toons lol (barb mainly) b:surrender sooo u just have bad luck
  • nyxnemhain
    edited January 2015
    I thought it was a streak of bad luck too, but a few months ago when I started PWI I got black just about every time, and now all I get are varying shades of green and brown. That's why I asked someone I knew to try and get black so I could trade my white one, but she got the exact same results as I did :/ Have you tried the pigments recently?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I only ever got white once in a blue moon anyway, but yeah. The chances for black are dramatically reduced. I've probably used like 1k pigments on various things since expansion and haven't gotten black or near black once.

Flip side is I've actually found red or close to it is a lot easier to get now. O.o;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Do you guys try on the fashion after you dye it, even if its not the color you want? It was said that it would be easier to see what color a fashion is after the expansion. Most fashion that look black have always been a very dark shade of green, blue or brown (in most cases). Pure colors were always rare. Maybe its just easier to see exactly what color a fash is in the preview, but it still looks the same as before on?

Just a thought, I havent dyed anything myself.
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I was the one that started the original thread about the dyes discussion, but I wonder if they have something implemented that is character gender related. Seems females get more black now, and males get pink. My wife in game, I have dyed her fashion pink a few times where I never get black any longer. After more than 1000 random dyes, not one black item where I used to get black within a few tries.

Maybe I will experiment soon with a female character and try dying some male fashion, but I do think something has changed and I don't like it b:angry
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nyxnemhain
    edited January 2015
    I'm not sure about it being gender related, as I am a female as well as all my characters, and I'm suddenly having major trouble getting black (it seems this all started after the most recent expansion)..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirkura - Raging Tide
    Sirkura - Raging Tide Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    O.o i think its just bad luck for you guys... i tend to get white or black in a few tries. i died a fairy dress black yesterday first try xD
  • xtoraah
    xtoraah Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nyxnemhain wrote: »
    Oh, I apologize if there's already a thread on this T_T I guess I should've looked around better. I used up at least 300 random pigments or more to even get the top I mentioned in white, which I was stunned I even got.

only 300 random pigments? I used 1400 event gold trying to get a set white, which didn't end up turning white, or remotely close to it, before the update which supposably changed the random pigments
  • SailorKitty - Lost City
    SailorKitty - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think it's bad luck, back in November I bought a Demure set and on 1st try for all 4 piece, 3 got black and 1 got white.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2015
    I think it's bad luck, back in November I bought a Demure set and on 1st try for all 4 piece, 3 got black and 1 got white.

Wasn't the expansion on Dec 16th? Or you waited until after the expansion to dye it?
  • SailorKitty - Lost City
    SailorKitty - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    random in the past is random in the future.
  • Rosie_Caster - Harshlands
    Rosie_Caster - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Actually there is truth to this. And there is a whole thread on it. I spent up about 150 randoms from event gold and all I got was some variations of blue, green and browns. Super annoying and seems like if you want specific colors it would be cheaper to buy the actual dye colors.

yes it would be cheaper, however, when the pigments you want cost 2mil each and you need 32 to get the correct color on all, it be cheaper to get 2 gems of garnet
  • RedSkittle - Harshlands
    RedSkittle - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Selling Pigments was and is a viable market endevor. It has slowed down due to the increased gold price (I'm on Harshlands). But then Gold gets to a price where you can sell Black/White/Red Pigments for 2.7m or so a piece. More People will be interested in Buying and therefore would make it a good Market.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nyxnemhain wrote: »
    After some expensive experimenting, I have noticed that PWI has DRASTICALLY reduced the chance of dying something black or white to the point where its damn-near impossible; I suspect this is a strategy to encourage users to buy more dye hotpacks in the boutique which I find ridiculous. Dyes don't sell hardly at all in the user/coin market unless its black, white, or red, rendering the mountains of by-product colors practically useless. I can pretty much guarantee that it won't take users long to figure this out and practically boycott these boutique items until the success rate is upped to a more fair rate. Me and another user have tried dying a certain item (which takes 18 pigments/dyes) countless times and the only colors we seem to get are varying shades of green and brown. I'm sure you've noticed the game's user economy is way out of whack, and this will only make things worse in the long run, don't you think?

Waiting on next pigment sale.b:pleased
  • BlastFlare - Dreamweaver
    BlastFlare - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    b:laugh I don't seem to get that problem, I think it's just luck and probability. I got some black or near black fash pretty often, what's rare is white. I have only got white once. When I random dye something I always hope for green and I ways get black or something loud and my style like orange. b:laugh
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2015
    yes it would be cheaper, however, when the pigments you want cost 2mil each and you need 32 to get the correct color on all, it be cheaper to get 2 gems of garnet

Garnet gems are like 90m on DW. Truly if you need gems any amount you spend on fash is waste anyway.
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Everyone knows that if this wasn't included in the patch notes then Nothing is changed. Its just a conspiracy conjured up by players who are tired of buying so many random dyes and being Unlucky.Perfect world staff aren't the Monsters you users make them out to be. In fact. im gonna start a thread on it right now.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2015
    Everyone knows that if this wasn't included in the patch notes then Nothing is changed. Its just a conspiracy conjured up by players who are tired of buying so many random dyes and being Unlucky.Perfect world staff aren't the Monsters you users make them out to be. In fact. im gonna start a thread on it right now.

Because every change is always in the patch notes. Because GM"s actually know what's in the patch notes 100% of the time...
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Everyone knows that if this wasn't included in the patch notes then Nothing is changed.
    They are not obliged to mention every change they make. I'm pretty sure, they change and fix way more than they include in patch descriptions. Those are for players and players mostly care only visible changes. I never saw them saying they rewrite some code but it doesn't mean they never did it in so many years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Everyone knows that if this wasn't included in the patch notes then Nothing is changed.

There is a thread dedicated to pointing out unannounced changes.

---

ON-TOPIC... I've been trying to get the Sapphire color, but I seem to be getting mostly dark colors. I do get several blue tones, just not the one I want. b:angry

But I haven't noticed any meaningful change in the odds. Good or bad, luck is luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There is a thread dedicated to pointing out unannounced changes.

---

ON-TOPIC... I've been trying to get the Sapphire color, but I seem to be getting mostly dark colors. I do get several blue tones, just not the one I want. b:angry

But I haven't noticed any meaningful change in the odds. Good or bad, luck is luck.
    Was This in it? No? Then they didn't change it. There is no difference in the random pigments unless you hear it from a GM himself.
  • Chibiusa - Dreamweaver
    Chibiusa - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    All I can say is, a friend of mine used 3000 event gold and tried to dye the new fashion (for me) - thanks again
    Top: 15 Pigments | Shoes: 1 | Panties: 2

The results been shocking and I couldn't believe it, since I aim to use 99% of all time
    random pigs for my fashion. Use to have quickly black, and many light colors, and from time to time white.

But now:
    No black at all, hardly any close black or white tone.
    Some more reddish tones here and ther, compared to the time before.

Green and purple in all shades, some bluish, too. Even had 13 times in a row green in different shades on the
    top, and I thought he is trolling me somehow. *lawl*
    (⊙.☉)

For a while I thought I am a little paranoid and we just beeing "unlucky" but then I read other peoples reports and I felt like "pretty funny they got the same out ther, as us figured out".

P.S. : a mount that you can't trade is bad, but I don't care - as a person said already, I am a veno I run 11m/s all time :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]