[Maintenance Discussion] 1/13/15 COMPLETE

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
Hello all,

Tonight there will be a maintenance from 11PM - 2AM. You can find the patch notes here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1739841

Time Conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150113T23&p1=%3A&ah=3

Maintenance Question: You're stuck on a mountain. You reach what you think is the way out, only to find a large gap, preventing you from getting to safety. You notice however, that there is a long vine, and a really old bridge that looks like it was set up years ago, for the sole purpose of crossing. You need to get across anyway you can, but you can only choose to use 1 method, the vine (via swinging across), or the bridge (in hopes it doesn't collapse). Which method do you use and why?

Keep in mind that both methods have a high failure rate, and falling will pretty much be bad news bears.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    first
    from what people are telling me, most of this is just text changes
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    First non-human reply!

There doesn't seem to be any new manual patch for this maintenance.
    At least not yet.
    What is that web address? PHP is the original name was "Personal Home Page", now Hypertext Processor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• darknes051
    darknes051 Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hello all,

Tonight there will be a maintenance from 11PM - 2AM. You can find the patch notes here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1739841

Time Conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150113T23&p1=%3A&ah=3

Maintenance Question: -snip-

Sparkie please read the private msg i sent you.
    Support Staff refuse to help me over the game glitch and says will ban me if i send another ticket.
    You are my only hope for justice . Please i beg you
  • whyarcher88
    whyarcher88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lol moments ago we were still taling about that management buy-out. So US$20 is the max Mr Chi is offering? Some claim that US$25 is a fairer price considering the huge cash-hoard plus assets it has b:cute
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    read patch notes.... slightly disappointed... yay they fixing the super obvious errors... what about actual important gameplay errors? What about the content we all waiting for?
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    When are we gonna get our real update come on now this patch 100% SUCKS give us our skills ou weps our gear !!!! Come on now its been a Monthb:angry Nothing about TW time being fixed or anything .... That it i call for no patch keep this junk one give us our real one
  • Kyanelle - Heavens Tear
    Kyanelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can you fix things like:

remove snowmen,
    mail out TW rewards,
    fix TW times, and
    fix the guild lists?

Oh wait, I forget this is PWI who prefer to milk their clients for all they are worth while never fixing anything broken in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karma will get you when you least expect it. What goes around comes around.

It's called Karma and it's pronouced "haha f you"
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can you fix things like:

remove snowmen,
    mail out TW rewards,
    fix TW times, and
    fix the guild lists?

Oh wait, I forget this is PWI who prefer to milk their clients for all they are worth while never fixing anything broken in the game.

Thhey said they will fix guild list. Have you read the patch notes?
    giphy.gif

• Nixieamora - Dreamweaver
    Nixieamora - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    With both being a high failure rate i think i would take the bridge over the vine. Bridges usually only start to collapse once you hit the middle and you have the possibility to get to the other side if you haul butt before it completely collapses and or if it splits in two and you hang on you can always climb up the remainder of the bridge to safety. With a vine you don't have that option, its just an instant plummet and death.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can you fix things like:

remove snowmen,
    mail out TW rewards,
    fix TW times, and
    fix the guild lists?

How are the snowmen 'milking' their clients and 'broken." ?????

Thanks for the snowmen Sparkie, I should have enough chi stones for the next year - 30k should be enough shouldn't it :)
  • SpiritMaker - Dreamweaver
    SpiritMaker - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Will the issue of the server error message be fixed after maint. is over? Been two weeks sence I could log on either account without that stupid message popping up.b:surrender

As for the maint. question, I'd say the bridge. I can run across that and have a better chance than swinging on a vine....b:laugh
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Please tell me snowmen are going bye bye and yes i read patch notes.

and as for the question hmmm vine seems like fun lol.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Any update on fixing TW times?
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Mystran - Lost City
    Mystran - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd just jump. I weigh 400 lbs and both would just give out. If I can't go back, I'd hope there's a river at the bottom, that I'd freeze solid, and be thawed out and mistaken for Captain America in 2100 (after all, by that time EVERYBODY in America should be my weight).

b:pleased
  • Kattanyia - Archosaur
    Kattanyia - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Are you serious? Still no fix on TW times? Can you actually give us a date on WHEN this will be fixed?
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i understand not being able to give us our gear this week and skills but can u guys atleast fix tw times i mean serously its stupid as hell to have the major event in the morning on a sat when most people are on at night
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hello all,

Maintenance Question: You're stuck on a mountain. You reach what you think is the way out, only to find a large gap, preventing you from getting to safety. You notice however, that there is a long vine, and a really old bridge that looks like it was set up years ago, for the sole purpose of crossing. You need to get across anyway you can, but you can only choose to use 1 method, the vine (via swinging across), or the bridge (in hopes it doesn't collapse). Which method do you use and why?

Keep in mind that both methods have a high failure rate, and falling will pretty much be bad news bears.

(Being that you said ~Gap~) I'd just simply move up hill (from that area) since the gap would be indicative of a highly unstable section of mountain slope that is a 'sloffing off zone' which would have obviously highly underscored the stability of the slope face above it.. And then just simply found the area above it that was most underscored & destabilized by the (sloffing zone) and then just did my best to trigger a land/rock slide in that area above it, so that the resultant slide would fall into the chasm to fill it up as much as it could, then wait awhile for it to pretty much stabilize after the slide hadceased moving anything else left to fill it with (as it cascaded down into the former chasm) and then just simply worked my way across the rubble that had filled it up...b:pleasedb:victory {b:dirty}
  • phmn
    phmn Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Any word on when TW times are getting fixed? They are still based on China's time and not PST. Or if this is a permanent thing can we get some sort of confirmation either way?
    Arynx Demon Archer 105-105-105
    Karma - Etherblade
    http://mypers.pw/8/#368041
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If I have to choose between the two, I choose the bridge. Both can collapse, both can break...but with the bridge, I have a better chance. At high altitudes, we're taking about moving at a high velocity with low oxygen levels...and the wind speed is different up there.

Although, I personally wouldn't take either option. And depending upon the altitude, we're potentially talking about what is known to climbers as the Death Zone....where life simply does not exist. Your body functions differently on a mountain, than at normal levels...even more as you begin to reach the vertical limit. (Area before the Death Zone.). For myself, I;d climb back down the way I came. Weather closing in can end a person's life easily, and if I studied that mountain so inefficiently that a huge chasm like that can catch me off guard, then I don't belong on that mountain. Something like that affects the whole climb.

Even if I were to cross...there is no guarantee that I would be in a better position. Thus, I'm going back down the way I came. Radio'ing to base that the climb is a harder one than anticipated, and descending. No reason to risk my life for that climb.

The true mark of a great leader isn't just being able to swing ones sword, and charge valiantly...it's knowing when it would be wise to retreat, and when the time is best to sheathe ones sword.

Sometimes, you've got to know when to fold them.

Disclaimer: I've never been on a mountain before, but I have a heavy interest in geography, climatology, oceanography, and wildlife study...in case anyone wants to know where I got my data from. If anyone who's actually a climber wants to comment on my post, please do. This has subject has piqued my curiosity.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sparkie can we get a confirmation if the 2x drops is being turned off tonite or not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • Jolie_Plume - Dreamweaver
    Jolie_Plume - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hello all,

i would use the bridge, even if it breaks i might have a chance to hang on something holdint to the land, but the vine ,, well , nothing to hang on,,,
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hello all,

I don't use either. I make camp with the supplies i brought up with me and wait for more people to come. Then we can work out a plan together. Perhaps using our climbing ropes and gathering wood from the trees around us to strenthen the bridge. If not we always have the option to go back down the mountain and go around.
  • _Jibrille_ - Heavens Tear
    _Jibrille_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i think it's about time we stop the snow from falling b:surrender
    hope you guys remove it after today's patch D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fashionista wife of Sayphat b:cute
    New name is Shiirahoshi :3
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Please get rid of the snow.

And please use a time convertor that actually works. That one reckons the event has passed already. How long until maintenance ACTUALLY starts?
  • Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I would take the bridge and think light thoughts.
  • tvarney76
    tvarney76 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sweetiebot, when will maintenance actually start?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited January 2015
    tvarney76 wrote: »
    Sweetiebot, when will maintenance actually start?
    It could be any time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• tvarney76
    tvarney76 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sweetiebot, thank you
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited January 2015
    tvarney76 wrote: »
    Sweetiebot, thank you
    You are quite welcome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2015
      Sweetiebot, report server status, please. Kitty thinks something terrible has happened...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked