So.... 5 weeks later....

Boomz - Harshlands
Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
so.... 5 weeks later.... will we finally get a patch to fix all these errors and perhaps get our sage/demon/morai skills? Maybe even r9 3rd cast? Anything for the new classes?

Will sparkie ever post the maitnence thread?
░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
Post edited by Boomz - Harshlands on

Comments

• Mystyrie - Dreamweaver
    Mystyrie - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think Sparkie is as frustrated as we are at this point. b:surrender
  • whyarcher88
    whyarcher88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I read Bloomberg a few days ago, PWI is currently in the process of a management buy-out.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-01-02/perfect-world-jumps-most-since-2012-on-buyout-offer.html
  • Mystyrie - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2015
    I read Bloomberg a few days ago, PWI is currently in the process of a management buy-out.

Oh...wonderful! (/sarcasm)
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited January 2015

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-01-02/perfect-world-jumps-most-since-2012-on-buyout-offer.html
    What makes you think this site isn't Lying to you for the sake of a story.
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Well i pray it goes through and that they fire the entire current management with the exception of the few people there that do their job well. Maybe we will get helpful customer support and whatnot....
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • whyarcher88
    whyarcher88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well i pray it goes through and that they fire the entire current management with the exception of the few people there that do their job well. Maybe we will get helpful customer support and whatnot....

It is almost a 100% done deal, at the current offer price of US$20 it's already 27% premium, though some shareholders are asking for US$25 per ADR.

PWI was a badly run company as far as players are concerned but to the shareholders, they did a wonderful job. "I think you will be hard pressed to find a game developer that doesn't delay releases on a regular basis. I believe the management team could do better in some regards but they have been exceptional at building an absolute mountain of cash, which is much more than I can say for many management teams today.
    One of the things I look for is the ability for a business to very easily buy itself and still have lots of cash flow left over for the remaining owner. PWRD fits the bill to a tee. Video games are not my thing but money certainly is and I think this one is a homerun."---quoted from an investor.

I hope that as a private company, current/future management would be more sympathetic to players' needs.b:thanks
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It is almost a 100% done deal, at the current offer price of US$20 it's already 27% premium, though some shareholders are asking for US$25 per ADR.

PWI was a badly run company

C'mon, if you're going to act like you know anything about the stock market, at least get the dang ticker right and refer to it as PWRD instead of PWI. PWI does not exist at all as a stock for this company.
  • Mystyrie - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2015
    I hope that as a private company, current/future management would be more sympathetic to players' needs.b:thanks

HAHAHAHAHAHA, omg, funniest thing I've read today! Thank you, I needed the chuckle!
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    HAHAHAHAHAHA, omg, funniest thing I've read today! Thank you, I needed the chuckle!

If the company is going to be under new management, and management has always been the big issue, what makes you think this is going to make things worse?

Besides we've learned to come to expect nothing from PWE and infact expect them to **** up everything... Good a time for change as any.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • UnbrokenWill - Archosaur
    UnbrokenWill - Archosaur Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I haven't felt like playing the past couple weeks... thinking about switching to a game that allows for same-sex marriages..
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Think the new owners are going to be very upset people to pay 27% premiums for a company with 75% of its gameing well`s Tapped out...

There are only so many times a game can sacrifice population for $ in a given year..PWE has pushed this envelope on each of its games and while there profits were impressive..most of there games are in shambles and extremely low population, and much worse is that a full generation of gamers have had a bad experience with one of these games or its lack of support to the point many will not choose this game provider agian (or once there current game fizzles out)

Paying +27% for a compay thats been this poorly managed will force drastic measures lets hope the new owners have some vission or gaming community repairman skills..

Oldest games usualy get the Axe first b:shocked
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Our version is around 3 months behind PWCN and they are the ones who gives handle us the patch. Same thing happened with TB and EG.

I am sure it have been said many times already, but people love to create new threads.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well the real question...the one that matters most...is what would this really mean for PWI. Will this likely be an end for the game we all love? Or will it make them finally start listening to us at long last? Only time can really tell at this point i guess.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Our version is around 3 months behind PWCN and they are the ones who gives handle us the patch. Same thing happened with TB and EG.

I am sure it have been said many times already, but people love to create new threads.
    PWi is 2 months behind W2I, as has been stated MANY times by Chinese friends of my own. Every time I speak of our updates "we had that 2 months ago"
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Frankly I don't give a rats *** about customer service,tickets,gm,dev's..i just play the stupid game and if **** happens then **** happens because its just a game and games do this dumb ****.If they update something then they update something and if they mess something up then they mess something up and if they choose to fix anything then so be it..why..because its just a freakin game.All of you youngsters that kinda just started playing video games I understand that you have no clue about gaming life,i been doing this stuff since most of you were in diapers so don't get buy hurt on dumb **** like this.
  • zoner112012
    edited January 2015
    Frankly I don't give a rats *** about customer service,tickets,gm,dev's..i just play the stupid game and if **** happens then **** happens because its just a game and games do this dumb ****.If they update something then they update something and if they mess something up then they mess something up and if they choose to fix anything then so be it..why..because its just a freakin game.All of you youngsters that kinda just started playing video games I understand that you have no clue about gaming life,i been doing this stuff since most of you were in diapers so don't get buy hurt on dumb **** like this.

Clearly you assume that everyone here is some child that hasn't been playing games for a long time. I myself have been gaming since atari days. People here are concerned because we do enjoy this game and have put much time into it. To sit there and tell us were butt hurt and that this is dumb **** makes you sound dumb. I for one will be following this very closely because I want to know if this game is getting the axe or not. Don't make assumptions...you know what they say about them. (***)(u)(me)
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Think the new owners are going to be very upset people to pay 27% premiums for a company with 75% of its gameing well`s Tapped out...

There are only so many times a game can sacrifice population for $ in a given year..PWE has pushed this envelope on each of its games and while there profits were impressive..most of there games are in shambles and extremely low population, and much worse is that a full generation of gamers have had a bad experience with one of these games or its lack of support to the point many will not choose this game provider agian (or once there current game fizzles out)

Paying +27% for a compay thats been this poorly managed will force drastic measures lets hope the new owners have some vission or gaming community repairman skills..

Oldest games usualy get the Axe first b:shocked

The "new owners" are the same people who've been in charge all along. The only thing they're doing is bringing publicly traded stock back into their control, thus making the company private.

There aren't going to be any huge changes, and I doubt it's really going to affect this version much at all. It's simply consolidation for the purpose of increasing the value of the company (referring to PWRD).

I don't understand why people can't fathom that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Mystyrie - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2015
    If the company is going to be under new management, and management has always been the big issue, what makes you think this is going to make things worse?

Besides we've learned to come to expect nothing from PWE and infact expect them to **** up everything... Good a time for change as any.

Because I've worked for established companies with an already loyal client base, management switchovers RARELY give a darn about their client/customers and are (with the very rare exceptions) not sympathetic to their cient/customers. New management, like the previous ones, care about one thing, PROFIT. If the profits are up, management thinks there's no problem. That's the nature of any business. If the profits are down, THEN and ONLY THEN will there be any listening to the clients as to what the problem is, and most times they are shocked.

We can hope that it will change, but considering that this game has changed hands twice just since I've been playing, and things haven't really gotten better, that's why I laugh.
  • zoner112012
    edited January 2015
    Because I've worked for established companies with an already loyal client base, management switchovers RARELY give a darn about their client/customers and are (with the very rare exceptions) not sympathetic to their cient/customers. New management, like the previous ones, care about one thing, PROFIT. If the profits are up, management thinks there's no problem. That's the nature of any business. If the profits are down, THEN and ONLY THEN will there be any listening to the clients as to what the problem is, and most times they are shocked.

We can hope that it will change, but considering that this game has changed hands twice just since I've been playing, and things haven't really gotten better, that's why I laugh.

Very well said. Which is why there is the possibility our game may get the axe if they decide its not worth the trouble to keep running. As someone else said...only time will tell.
    ln5aR6B.jpg