Out of curiosity...

Demodude - Dreamweaver
Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
Dunno if anyone knows, but does it cost every class the same amount of coins and spirit to get every skill to level 10?

If so, how much?

If not, which class is least/most expensive?

Dunno if anyone will actually know this but thanks b:thanks
ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
Post edited by Demodude - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can't say for sure but I got the feeling that new classes skill were cheaper than the older classes. I know BM's have a hefty skill/coin fee because they have a lot of skills.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2015
    BM is most costly because of the skill trees, this was covered a while ago, but I haven't done any updates for the new classes. I'm sure there's a chart I posted here somewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It is important however to note that the cost of skills is insignificant compared to what you will spend on gear in the longer run. Even for casual players for whom G16+5 might be the best theyll get.

So dont let this be a factor in choosing a class.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Dunno if anyone knows, but does it cost every class the same amount of coins and spirit to get every skill to level 10?

If so, how much?

If not, which class is least/most expensive?

Dunno if anyone will actually know this but thanks b:thanks
    Look at the list of the skills, where you can find cost of them for each level for 10 classes

http://asterpw.github.io/ecatomb/pwi-skill.html

Best Demon/Sage skills (each of them) though cost more than all level 1-10 skills together.
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It is important however to note that the cost of skills is insignificant compared to what you will spend on gear in the longer run. Even for casual players for whom G16+5 might be the best theyll get.

So dont let this be a factor in choosing a class.
    This has nothing to do with choosing a class, as I already have every class that I'm interested playing. This was just out of curiosity

I forgot about all of the BMs skill trees, which makes sense now that it was mentioned that they would be the most expensive
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think cleric is the cheapest skill-wise of the older classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    BMs are most expensive based on sheer number of skills. Cleric actually wound up being one of the lease expensive contrary to popular belief when they were analyzed. I don't think anyone's gone through a total for all classes since Earthguards, however.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SailorKitty - Lost City
    SailorKitty - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I remember a similar discussion a while back, like in 2009. At that time I was playing the EP race. The skill cost less to get then other class and in the long run EP was a bit cheaper...

Not considering ppl selling rare book for 20 mil +...

What we also pointed out was that most class where skill cost less to buy cost a lot more of mp to use.

For instance I can farm on my veno for hours, not spending any mp / hp pot. Has on my ep, I can barely kill 5 mob before my mp bar hit 0.

I'm betting this is still true today. And the same logic applies to gear, not taking rank gear in the equation. A visa is a visa.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Mystic is terrible for mp consumption. Mine got lvl97 and I said nice class but I can't deal with the MP consumption.

My cleric can kill a ton of mobs using no mp with demon celestial guardian. Cyclone, plume shot, CG along with 3 spark can keep you going.
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Seeker is the most expensive their skills that give them defense levels as well as thier amps at upper levels go up to 2-3 million a pop.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In the past I listed all classes' skills with detail (my personal database) and included the total spirit and coin cost for up to lv11. After some time I dropped putting these costs in, but here's what I have. (Note: this is before Eclipse)

BM: 103mil spirit, 111mil coins (not counting primal skills)
    Wiz: 93mil spirit, 95mil coins.
    Cleric: 78mil spirit, 79mil coins.
    Psy: 100mil spirit, 110mil coins.
    Mystic: 82mil spirit, 84mil coins.

The other classes I didn't bother listing lv11 costs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Illyn - Raging Tide
    Illyn - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Mystic is terrible for mp consumption. Mine got lvl97 and I said nice class but I can't deal with the MP consumption.

My cleric can kill a ton of mobs using no mp with demon celestial guardian. Cyclone, plume shot, CG along with 3 spark can keep you going.

Clear Thoughts + mass ress + lvl 11 nature's vengeance (if sage) and your mp problems are gone.