Error Retrieving Character Information

scarcasm
scarcasm Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
Seeing as these posts are now being lost in the DW being down thread I thought I'd start a new one.

I can't log in....still. My cleric, who had her gear swapped with someone else, is STILL not able to log in. I have submitted a ticket (yesterday at 12:06pm) with screenshots attached, with no response. This is getting quite frustrating and I KNOW I'm not the only one because someone else has MY gear (I spoke with them in game while we were able to log in one of the few times yesterday after this happened). And the person who has my gear, I don't have their gear...so this is a cycle. It would be nice to have this at least addressed somewhere so we are not left in the dark.

I understand stuff happens, and you guys might not even know what is wrong, but just having a voice say it's being addressed, makes a HUGE difference. You know..customer service and all. Not, crying, not whining, just would like to have a simple "we are aware and working on it" seeing as this is not a tiny problem.
Post edited by scarcasm on

Comments

• dhudg
    dhudg Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Same issue here. Error retrieving character information for this account. Ironic, PWI turns 3x exp on, and the toon that needs exp and charms (this moth's reward) the most, cant be played. Of course the alts, bankers, storage toons, and exp pill powerlvled noob catshop toons are not affected. PWI had to **** up with one of my mains. And according to my worldchat issues survey, 4 other people re affected on my server. I guess i misunderstood the "free to play" part. U dont pay = u cant play, u do pay, u re still allowed not to play b:surrender
  • mymahem
    mymahem Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    b:surrender I too cannot get my main into game.. I can log onto the account and see her but the moment I try to put her into the game I get the messege: [Error Retrieving Charactor Information For This Account] I am able to get any other toon on that same account into game however, just not my main. Full r9r3 +12 fully gemed with a full bank of pack items.. and ofc, thats the one toon I cannot access... ya... just a little disturbing. So i agree that just a word saying that the powers that be are aware of the problem, that they agree that its important and are making some effort to correct it would be a fundamental "right for business" thing to do. Otherwise I'l have a lot of trouble ever trusting again that I can invest real money here if my invesment can so easily and suddenly vanish. Yes. I did submit a ticket as well. And btw, my time and money spent gaming are for fun. This is not fun .. js

Apologies for the long-ish comment.. ty

BellAhhh <---nub r9er seeker :P
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
    seeker blah blah blah blah... b:bye
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have the same problem I can't get into just 1 toon on the account, which is super weird
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • doomerzz
    doomerzz Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    why? oh whyyyyyy b:surrender

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/3497/V5ooJ5.jpg <- character appears BUT
    http://imageshack.com/a/img673/1444/HP5snL.jpg <- b:cry
  • scarcasm
    edited January 2015
    Thank you to those responding, to know I am not the only one with this problem. STILL WAITING for PWI, anyone to respond! It's now been over 24 hours since this problem started. Not one word on here, not one word on Facebook, not one word on my ticket. Is there ANYONE looking into this? I sadly see no one saying anything about this before the weekend comes. Again, like the others, this problem is with my main toon. Not only can I not play her, but her storage is where I keep everything...money, mats...everything.

Any little bit of hope would be very helpful!!b:surrender
  • doomerzz
    doomerzz Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Any mod or GM wants to say somethin whats going on in here? pls calm us.b:sad
  • scarcasm
    edited January 2015
    Here is the response to my ticket...

-Basically assuming it's items that were taken-

I responded with the information that this is not a matter of my gear just being taken or something like that. Someone can't "take" my war avatars and bound gear. To those others that have this same problem I hope you can put in a ticket as well, maybe that will help. I did let them know I am not the only one with the problem.
  • dhudg
    edited January 2015
    They replied to my ticket:

-snip-

Now i m REALLY pissed off. Nothing changed at all. My toon is still broken. They dont even get the difference between general login issue where people cant load character list in general and between our issue, with just 1 broken toon! b:angry
  • cavekitty
    cavekitty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Same for me, with one of my two mains. I can tell she's missing stuff 'cause she's in her skivvies in the log in screen but it keeps saying character info not found. b:sad Should I submit a ticket too? I've never had a problem bad enough to submit a ticket, so I didn't know if it was what I should do.
  • scarcasm
    edited January 2015
    cavekitty wrote: »
    Same for me, with one of my two mains. I can tell she's missing stuff 'cause she's in her skivvies in the log in screen but it keeps saying character info not found. b:sad Should I submit a ticket too? I've never had a problem bad enough to submit a ticket, so I didn't know if it was what I should do.

Yeah my character is also in her base fashion clothing so I suspect you probably have the same problem. b:sad I would put a ticket in. I don't know what else we CAN do.
  • richstich
    richstich Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm also having this issue, from what I can see there is no fash on my cleric which there was before logging out and only getting the error of not retrieving the character list. :/
  • cavekitty
    cavekitty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Has anyone heard anything? I got an acknowledgement that my ticket was received but nothing else. The toon has missed two days of log ins now with no response. Has anyone seen a gm address this?
  • scarcasm
    edited January 2015
    Well...today starts day 3 of this problem. I'm sure I'll have to go the weekend at least before having any sort of answer or response which is completely disappointing. The fact that no one has even addressed this most people would say is not surprising. I don't want to be a PWI hater, I've never been a cheerleader either, but I've played enough MMO's to know the deal..this is again disappointing to say the least. You have several people,, more than post in the forums or even read the forums, that have had a major event happen. I'm sure there are people that have R9 gear that they have spent real money on. Of course I have spent real money in this game as well, but most of my gear is just time that I've spent. Don't forget we can't even log on to these characters...so we've been down for almost 3 days now. No update...no acknowledgement. If anyone that is reading this has any kind of contact within the community or management team please make them aware. We would really like to be able to play on our main toons....or at the very least have our situation addressed.
  • mymahem
    edited January 2015
    Well.. I'v heard (it may not be accurate info) that this issue with missing toons and mixed up gear, etc, needs to go thru China to get fixed, so if that's the case it may take a while to get sorted. Seems maybe finding the affected toons in the database and rolling them back a day or two would fix it, but ofc, even that would take some time. Perhaps OPKOSSY, Sparkie or someone in the know could respond on this, confirm or repudiate this information, vague as it is. At least this is something. A sliver of hope it can be resolved and toons restored. Guess we'll see

BellAhhh DW
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2015
    mymahem wrote: »
    Well.. I'v heard (it may not be accurate info) that this issue with missing toons and mixed up gear, etc, needs to go thru China to get fixed, so if that's the case it may take a while to get sorted. Seems maybe finding the affected toons in the database and rolling them back a day or two would fix it, but ofc, even that would take some time. Perhaps OPKOSSY, Sparkie or someone in the know could respond on this, confirm or repudiate this information, vague as it is. At least this is something. A sliver of hope it can be resolved and toons restored. Guess we'll see

BellAhhh DW

It would require making changs to data on the server, which requires going through Wanmei.

Personally, I can't believe that they didn't just fix the login server and then do a small rollback. Now, every hour the server is up, the issue is just compounded, and will become harder to resolve without doing a rollback.

I can't even get my toons up to see if I have someone else's gear right now so....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bump**

Would be nice for this problem to be acknowledged...
  • Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver
    Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    On one of my accounts I have the first toon showing level as "0" and get the 'cannot retrieve data on this account' or whatever error. She was one of my dump mules so I have no idea what I had stuffed on her the days before the meltdown. zzz

The fact that these missing toons and swapped gear people are experiencing has not even been acknowledged is deeply disturbing. I forsee a rollback to a setpoint before last maintenance in our near future.
    --
    102/102/102 demon cleric

started playing April 2009.. took a few years break.. PWI is truly the Hotel California of MMORPGs b:surrender
  • Kuratsu - Dreamweaver
    Kuratsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bumping this since no update on the problem.

Hope today the people affected will get their toons and items back. It's depressing to see no info on the problem and people suffering from a mistake that was not theirs to begin with
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Poked about it over the weekend but... weekend and not wanting to get anyone's hopes up.

Now that the week's starting properly, hopefully we can get some attention and/or response.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • scarcasm
    edited January 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Poked about it over the weekend but... weekend and not wanting to get anyone's hopes up.

Now that the week's starting properly, hopefully we can get some attention and/or response.

Thank you for saying something! I am still unable to log my main character on. <sigh> No update in site. b:cry
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited January 2015
    The issue is known and the team is looking into it. We're hoping to have it resolved as soon as possible.
  • scarcasm
    edited January 2015
    The issue is known and the team is looking into it. We're hoping to have it resolved as soon as possible.

If forum arms were real I would hug you! Thank you so much for posting this!! Made my day! b:laugh
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think I will screenshots of all my characters in case this happens on my server b:shocked
  • Vyrrg - Harshlands
    Vyrrg - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've had a problem with my on character that is rebirthed and leveled etc not being able to Log in. Everytime I try to log in on JUST this character I get thrown to the log in screen, but every other character is fine...
  • dhudg
    edited January 2015
    ty SOOO much for the reply sparkie
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    *bump*

I really hope this gets fixed soon.
  • mymahem
    edited January 2015
    b:cute Thank you OPKOSSY and sparkiesoft for your responses. It does help to feel heard.
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
  • BlastFlare - Dreamweaver
    BlastFlare - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I hope the players that are "lost ones" get given compensation for this. I am not affected by this, but my best friend is. I hope they give (holy pills x3 , absence notes x1, and Primordial Bloods x2) times the number of days missed to all those characters that are stuck. I think that would be far once they are back online and playable. They are all at a disadvantage because they are behind on dailies and can not log in to do them. b:surrender
  • Kurara - Dreamweaver
    Kurara - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I hope the players that are "lost ones" get given compensation for this. I am not affected by this, but my best friend is. I hope they give (holy pills x3 , absence notes x1, and Primordial Bloods x2) times the number of days missed to all those characters that are stuck. I think that would be far once they are back online and playable. They are all at a disadvantage because they are behind on dailies and can not log in to do them. b:surrender

That compensation is little to none for the damaged made to them. NOT only did they miss on time play but lost all their ahrd worked toon. leaving the toon aside they lost gear, fash, coins, and so much more. They were humiliated not only by PW but by actual player in game. They were made to either buy their gear/stuff back from those who don't actually have ANY right over them or just see the gear being sold away to another player.

You think just thos insignificant items will solve this much harm done to so many people? Some of them are ready to leave this game because of this humiliation.
    I won't get into more details with the problems just happy that atleast sparky finally gave us a small ray of home, even if it's so late in time, it's how they say, better late then never.

b:surrender now back to the waiting game.

PS I wasn't really affected by this mess; my only actual damage was some lost game time, like sign in and it's reward along with a few insignifian items ( atleast at first galnce, did not have time to start looking into details, just to get mad )
  • mymahem
    edited January 2015
    b:surrender Well... I DID lose a toon. A toon very well equipped: r9r3, +10-12, +2gems, Love Up and Down Tome, All S cards. An rb2x 103/104/103 seeker, nearly maxed on everything: nuema, meridian, with a max capacity bank and bag full of pack items, gear, ws molds, mats and other very valuble things, going on 4Years of invested time, work and collecting, not to mention a lot of real money invested. GONE. I appreciate the empathy and compassion of those unaffected by this mishap and the few responses from officials thus far, but... I'm sorry. A few trinkets will not replace or make up for such a loss. I'm disheartened and discouraged and have seriously considered deleting the game entirely. I'm certainly hesitant to invest any more real money here.The "TRUST" is hanging in the balance. Also the thought haunts.. what if I stay, go ahead and invest the time and money in building another and one day attempt to log on only to find PWI has "lost" toons again. The real question is: How does this happen and why is it so damn difficult to correct and restore these toons? Aren't they all saved to disk? It should be easy to look at someones account and recover a single toon. And why does it feel like noone at PWI gives a ****? I realise that its "only a few toons and just a few players affected" and in the big scheme probably isnt very important, but if it were your (PWI) money and time invested, it would be very important to you. And it SHOULD be important anyway. Unless, ofc, PWI is in self destruct mode.
    I was very hopeful that today, after this maint, I would log on and find my seeker restored. Nope. b:cry I will remain hopeful tho, for now.

Appologies to those who dont like reading and to those who simply don't give a **** for the very long post
    Thank you for your time and "ear"

BellAhhh DW RIP
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver