Unannounced rollback

Boomz - Harshlands
Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
so server is fixed but they used a rollback to do it... something they said they would never do again... how do i know? i did wraithslayer missive a couple hours ago... i have to do it again right now.

Sparkie fess up
░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
Post edited by Boomz - Harshlands on

Comments

• barthandulis
    barthandulis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    they did the same thing with Dreamweaver with our recent issues. There were mini roll-backs each time the server went down again. We could tell cause we had to do dailies over, and started from a diff town then when we logged
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So it never occurred to either of you that choosing to use an event that gets reset might not be the best way to determine if there was a rollback or not? Especially if they just reset the server to fix it.
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    He hasn't even acknowledged what happened to Dreamweaver yet, don't get your hopes up.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't think it can be considered a rollback, but more likely it's the same issue as to when the server goes down for maint and you're still playing- there is no time for the server to save your progress and so the next time you log in it resets you to the last thing it saved. It's just a guess, however, so don't quote me on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chrisalys - Dreamweaver
    Chrisalys - Dreamweaver Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So it never occurred to either of you that choosing to use an event that gets reset might not be the best way to determine if there was a rollback or not? Especially if they just reset the server to fix it.

It happened twice on dramaweaver, not only my dailies "reset", they got undone. My rewards from inventory just happened to never exist, my spent teleacoustics were returned and twice my cultivation rolled back from vacuity to enlightened.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula
  • mortiscorvus
    mortiscorvus Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm pretty sure there was no roll back today on dreamweaver. I was still in the same spot I was when it went down earlier.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It happened twice on dramaweaver, not only my dailies "reset", they got undone. My rewards from inventory just happened to never exist, my spent teleacoustics were returned and twice my cultivation rolled back from vacuity to enlightened.
    I'm pretty sure there was no roll back today on dreamweaver. I was still in the same spot I was when it went down earlier.

Which would lend more to the fact that the server data just didn't save properly. Character positions are stored differently, which means you character would still be in the same spot, but the inventory and/or quests would have reset to the last full save the server had of them.

With the server being as unstable as it has been, I would almost bet with certainty that this is the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • sbodo1
    sbodo1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    there was some sort of a short term roll back , cuz i had put some stuff in bank before first crash , came back on they were back in bag