combo to 1 shot the world

Boomz - Harshlands
Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Stormbringer
once our 100 skills are released, the following combo will instantly kill any enemy, even those annoying nuema portal sets. The following numbers are rounded because i'm lazy.

Require: celestial 100 debuff skill and 1 duskblade standing 19 meters behind you.

combo: triple spark, master li (or whatever chi gain), 100 skill, electrostatic discharge, cloudburst, lunar surge, duskblade reelin.

How powerful is this? well i will compare it using my wizard's triple spark stats (85000 magic ave).

on the initial debuffs + pushback: 105000 (100 debuff) + 95000 (debuff, this damage will be very pure to do the other debuff already on) + 95000 (pushback = spark combo damage) + 190000 (all pure).

On the pull: duskblade damage + 510000 (this damage will be delt like if spark combo)

If your target surives just the 1st part of the combo, they are pretty damn strong.... you probably need to be a gm to survive the 2nd part.

My spark combo triple sparked currently can crit a nuema portal josd char for close to 25k (unbuffed). the final damage will hit over 5 times harder O.O.

P.S you can add stuff like extreme poison from genie to make even stronger.

P.S.S most targets will die before even the first proc of electrostatic hits because the target has already been hit by 2 spark combo attacks, the next 2 will hit rougly 2x, and then 5x those hits.

P.S.S.S this combo will be most effective starting with either 3 metal balls or 2 metal and 1 water ball

A final note. For those unsure of what high damage is, the strongest skills will have a base damage of 130-180k, the final hit over over 3x more powerful and the target will have no resistance.
░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
Post edited by Boomz - Harshlands on

Comments

• tmllover
    tmllover Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    AD and immunity pots. Then you will die. The neuma portal sets will win.
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    it will work if the person just stands there b:thanks
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tmllover wrote: »
    AD and immunity pots. Then you will die. The neuma portal sets will win.

I'm unsure about the numbers he used...but one thing is for certain. Once Electrostatic discharge has been applied there is no way you can avoid the dmg from moving/being moved. Not even in AD/IG + it is unpurifyable.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • tmllover
    tmllover Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm unsure about the numbers he used...but one thing is for certain. Once Electrostatic discharge has been applied there is no way you can avoid the dmg from moving/being moved. Not even in AD/IG + it is unpurifyable.

Some classes (ie casters and archers) wont have to move. So that skill will be useless for someone standing still, that is how you can avoid damage from that move.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Some classes (ie casters and archers) wont have to move. So that skill will be useless for someone standing still, that is how you can avoid damage from that move.

Which is why he mentioned reel in, I'd imagine. KB pong might be worth adding to it as well.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Which is why he mentioned reel in, I'd imagine. KB pong might be worth adding to it as well.

.... I wonder how amusing it'd be to proc arcane defense from APSing a wiz while doing this sort of thing...
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    .... I wonder how amusing it'd be to proc arcane defense from APSing a wiz while doing this sort of thing...

Might purify the 100 skill debuff, so it'd need that portion to hit after they are already running. For me I like the idea of combining Electrostatic with heavy movement debuff and damage with distracting pretty lights. People don't tend to think far ahead, and will focus on overcoming their movement debuff and not realize the extent ED will be damaging them since they are moving slow. Remove debuff with speed boosts, and they end up killing themselves while trying to save themselves.

Course that's against OPs, it really seems we get lots of one shot opportunities to exploit that strategy can be reserved for select cases. Which luckily means it will be harder to defend against, since not many will even know how to do it. Heck, ran into an OP SB in NW, and they were terrible. Which is good, and makes me feel glad about hording ideas. They may outgear me, but damn if I can't outplay them until I get similar gear and make them my step-child.
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lol this makes me feel so ainti puri proc lawl.
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015

Once they've released all the lvl100/Morai skills, aso you can surely just stand there. Bad thing is that SBs will get a skill that increases their range to 42 meters. So the SB won't bother you just standing around and letting yourself get killed from a 42m distance (:

In that case...electrostatic discharge would be like a 13 sec (demon) unpurifyable stun. Still OP. And try standing still if you for example got the flag and a whole nation is hitting on you. GG. If you stand still or move doesnt matter in such situation. You die anyway.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Suppose that class still needs to be balanced a bit. ESD simply needs a damage cap that kapoofs the debuff once it's been reached.

It's sad to see the newer classes get all the PvP gravy, while the classic toons (human, untamed, elf) are left out from charm bypassing tricks and game mechanic altering abilities. Suppose it's power creep.

That said, would a Wizard's Tactical reversion/Spatial reversion proc the storm's debuff too?
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I really wonder how much of it is true, has it been tested at all?
    Does duskblade reel in really count as moving?
    Did anyone really test the damage in a pvp situation, at all?
    Does it count for leaps? does it count for teleports/jumps?
    Does extreme poison really apply to it or is it just an assumption?
    etc, etc.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    I really wonder how much of it is true, has it been tested at all?
    1. Does duskblade reel in really count as moving?
    2. Did anyone really test the damage in a pvp situation, at all?
    3. Does it count for leaps? does it count for teleports/jumps?
    4. Does extreme poison really apply to it or is it just an assumption?
    etc, etc.

1. Yes
    2. Yes and it is amazing. Regular r9 people will move 10m and are dead from an endgame SB that has triple sparked (~90k mag attack/900 spirit)
    3. It counts for anything. If your character moves in any way, by your own doing or not, even when you jump in the air or fly then you get dmg. Jumping, reeling, porting, even pushing back with their skill lets you receive dmg (Myst and SB).
    4. No, this one is not true.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1. Yes
    2. Yes and it is amazing. Regular r9 people will move 10m and are dead from an endgame SB that has triple sparked (~90k mag attack/900 spirit)
    3. It counts for anything. If your character moves in any way, by your own doing or not, even when you jump in the air or fly then you get dmg. Jumping, reeling, porting, even pushing back with their skill lets you receive dmg (Myst and SB).
    4. No, this one is not true.

That's rediculously OP then.
    I'm assuming tidal can prevent the debuff to land?
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's sad to see the newer classes get all the PvP gravy, while the classic toons (human, untamed, elf) are left out from charm bypassing tricks and game mechanic altering abilities.

No, no, classic toons got their advantages already (at least such thoughts of developers:
    nanbo554 wrote: »
    With the announcement for Perfect World International’s (PWI) Eclipse expansion a few days ago, I had the chance to speak with Lead Developer Wei Zhang (name presented in English format) about the new race and two new classes being added. Take a look at how the new classes came about and how they’ll shape future PWI content.

MM: With the new classes playing a bit differently then, was it harder to balance them compared to the other classes available in PWI?

WZ: New control designs did bring some advantages to the new classes, but they are not overwhelming. We have run a lot of comparison and tests on our stats system, so we can keep a dynamic balance between different classes. The new control style can also compel our old users to consider more about their own play strategy and control intensity.

MM: Are there any changes planned for existing classes in the future because of this engine update?

WZ: There will be changes in the future, which may be centralized around the optimizations of character models, animations, and control.

Imagine Wizard's model during PvP with Black Ice Dragon Strike ... being hit twice by some enemy ! This is wonderful (slow flight up and then fast drop down) !
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    That's rediculously OP then.
    I'm assuming tidal can prevent the debuff to land?

Yap, tidal can prevent the debuff. Same goes for any immunity skill and heart of steel. Once the Debuff is applied however...the dmg can't be prevent cept for standing still.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In a situation sin vs stormbringer i wonder if the sin will take damage from Electrostatic Discharge if the sin uses shadow jump or shadow teleport while having discharge on him?
    For shadow jump skill description have the word '' moving'' in it but I dont know about teleportb:question
    giphy.gif

• Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    In a situation sin vs stormbringer i wonder if the sin will take damage from Electrostatic Discharge if the sin uses shadow jump or shadow teleport while having discharge on him?
    For shadow jump skill description have the word '' moving'' in it but I dont know about teleportb:question

The sin will get dmg. If the debuff is applied then the target gets dmg for any pixel it moves. Why doesn't matter. Gaining hight also counts. so if you stand still just jumping you get dmg. You only prevent dmg if you stay right where you are and no centimeter away.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The sin will get dmg. If the debuff is applied then the target gets dmg for any pixel it moves. Why doesn't matter. Gaining hight also counts. so if you stand still just jumping you get dmg. You only prevent dmg if you stay right where you are and no centimeter away.

But wouldnt that mean instant dead for sins? Electrostatic deals dmg for every meter the target moves and those sins skills make them jump 30 and 35m.
    If its instant dead discharge is the most OP skill in the game atm.
    giphy.gif

• Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    But wouldnt that mean instant dead for sins? Electrostatic deals dmg for every meter the target moves and those sins skills make them jump 30 and 35m.
    If its instant dead discharge is the most OP skill in the game atm.

I know. Thats why I praised it from the beginning xD

I just tested it with a sin my level. He was unbuffed and got 10k metal def.

My SB has: 23,5k-28k mag attack atm with 101 att lvls and 380 Spirit.

I applied the debuff and he used shadow teleport (35m) and got hit by 9,8k. While he moved in regular speed afterwards he got 4k ticks!

Now imagine double the attack stat, 140 att lvl and 1k spirit.

OP indeed.

PS: Att/Def lvl don't matter...but I wanted to say it anyways. Only attack and spirit matter and metal def ofc.

Edit: Triple sparked (43-51k mattack) he got hit by 17,6k (not full range of shadow teleport tho^^)

If this skill is part of the skills that get their range increased to 42m with the morai skill then say good night during NW while pulling the flag. The sb can just wait in the air for someone to dig the flag, apply the debuff and watch them die as they try to Holy path their way out...xDDD that will be hilarious :D
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited January 2015
    ESD no-save combo with other classes then becomes:

BM: Reel In (120s cd, 25m, 50 chi, soulforce/lvl based)
    Seeker: Transposition (60s cd, 20m, soulforce/lvl based)
    Dusk: Shadow Prey (120s cd, 20m (25m demon), 150chi)

It is a game balance breaking skill. But then again, so are the various charm-bypassing skills that sins have been so keen about for ages. Multi-hit skills should either be available to all classes, or not at all.

• Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015

It is a game balance breaking skill. But then again, so are the various charm-bypassing skills that sins have been so keen about for ages. Multi-hit skills should either be available to all classes, or not at all.

Ya, the coutnerstrategy would be just standing still. But then again. Standing still kinda means at least a 13 sec freeze...if you apply it on a barb/BM with short range it's more or less a 13 sec stun.

In mass PvP it is kinda...well not good for a Barb/BM (or anyone that actually needs to move due to flags or catas) if you can't move. Especially if a whole nation/faction is hitting on you.

Then Squad up with 3 or with other SBs and pull/push them away like crazy and nearly constantly apply that debuff...xDDDD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited January 2015
    The cata counter would be IH spam. Heal over time to offset damage over time. The skills I listed can move any player in any pvp situation for 20 m or more in one gulp though, which may be enough to oneshot.

• opkossy
    edited January 2015
    Use this on a cata barb in TW while they're pushing and you'll basically kill the push, it seems.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    The cata counter would be IH spam. Heal over time to offset damage over time. The skills I listed can move any player in any pvp situation for 20 m or more in one gulp though, which may be enough to oneshot.

Nope, no cleric in the world could heal that amount of dmg. Or maybe they could...but for that they'd need a max IH stack already on the barb. Anything like a purge on the barb/target would mean instant death when they move.
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Use this on a cata barb in TW while they're pushing and you'll basically kill the push, it seems.

Yap, pretty much.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Wizards have Distance Shrink, which uses the magical lines of the earth to teleport them 25 meters forward (Demon version increases teleport distance to 30 meters).
  • opkossy
    edited January 2015
    Kinda hilarious how each time the devs introduce a debuff that can't be purified, it's utterly game breaking for the time it was introduced. I get that they're nerfing purify spell now (kinda) but killing manual purify at the same time seems a bit... silly. lol

Not that I'm gonna be complaining while I (ab)use this. b:chuckle
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited January 2015
    ... I guess we'll have arcanes pulling catas next then b:laugh

AA barb anyone?

• Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    ... I guess we'll have arcanes pulling catas next then b:laugh

AA barb anyone?

Whats the use? They will go down just as easy if no even easier then non-AA chars. LA and hA can reach 35k mdef as well, the casual caster got ~45k mdef...not that much of a dif.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • $picylovah - Sanctuary
    $picylovah - Sanctuary Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    funny combo, unlikely to be useful in TW tho, way too much needs to be invested to kill a single target, where TW is more about AoE and area control. Cat barbs are already unable to tank anyone when their skills are on cooldown, diminishing returns on pdef and mdef have basically given most classes the same % damage reduction (or close) as barbs with the current base stats people have, 40k in both defenses is hardly an accomplishment these days :P I can only see this being useful in a 1-man army scenario in TW (granted this cud very well be the case on other servers, I dont know about that)

still funny combo ^^ good find
    IGN: qontroL b:thanks

Im so mean, I make medicine sick b:angry
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited January 2015
    Toliman: The skills I listed are for force-moving an enemy after a Storm has thrown their debuff on him/her. There may be others as well - several skills that state to only move NPCs (such as Bramble Tornado) do seem to work on PCs in specific instances too. List of these:
    BM: Atmos Strike, Meteor Rush, Star Smite
    Wizard: Will of the Phoenix
    Archer: Knockback Arrow
    Barb: Slam, Berserker Rage/Wrath (if flying)
    Psy: Landslide
    Mystic: Bramble Tornado

And this combo -is- very powerful, because once the debuff is applied it's no longer able to be cleared. Which means immunity pots won't help. Also, since the damage is applied as debuff rather then direct hit, it won't trigger on-hit effects AND attack/defenselevels will be completely ignored for the damage calculations - which is bound to cause some rage in full JOSD'd sins and barbs. It's pure magic damage on the caster side versus metal resistance on the side of the person affected at the time the buff is applied. (So bonus damage if you lower metal res before hitting with the debuff).