Builds

iimpz
iimpz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Stormbringer
Hey all,

Does anyone have any recommended builds? I'm assuming the builds are roughly the same as the wizzy?
Post edited by iimpz on

Comments

• turika
    turika Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well..
    Im using the;

1 str and 9 mag every two levels, the pure mag build.

Is anyone else using another build?
    Name: Tazzie
    Class/ Server:
    Main:
    DW: Solo Seeker - lvl 50/ 97 - Tazziex ?|SB - Heita lvl 41(?)
    Other:
    Arch: Mage - lvl 95 - Lilav|SB - lvl ? - Narvida |RT: ? (forgot)

Guid(s): Heita: Oblivion ( might be kicked)
    Servers - Main: DW - Other: Arch, RT

On my own, livin' in a world unknowen, but yet, its just my imagenation
  • lollipopblush
    lollipopblush Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm doing the pure MAG build.
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Pure Magic here.
  • iimpz
    iimpz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Pure Magic it is cheers guys :)
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    55 str rest all mag.
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • dark8hamster
    dark8hamster Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Only pure mage, no more. It's DD class not tank or support.
    Sorry for my english, I'm from Russia b:surrender
  • turika
    turika Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've done something odd, i've put 15 stats into vit.
    As i've found im to squishy, the 15 vit is a nice touch for survivability.
    Name: Tazzie
    Class/ Server:
    Main:
    DW: Solo Seeker - lvl 50/ 97 - Tazziex ?|SB - Heita lvl 41(?)
    Other:
    Arch: Mage - lvl 95 - Lilav|SB - lvl ? - Narvida |RT: ? (forgot)

Guid(s): Heita: Oblivion ( might be kicked)
    Servers - Main: DW - Other: Arch, RT

On my own, livin' in a world unknowen, but yet, its just my imagenation
  • Kyuukyokutai - Lost City
    Kyuukyokutai - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    turika wrote: »
    I've done something odd, i've put 15 stats into vit.
    As i've found im to squishy, the 15 vit is a nice touch for survivability.

I have no idea how 150 hp actually helped you, but ok~

Full mag here, as usual.
  • Tsukishi - Dreamweaver
    Tsukishi - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i like vit also, and yes hp makes a big difference. however you're only getting +1 to armor and magic resist and 10 hp per vit so dont go too heavy on it.

anyway my build has been 3 mag 1 vit 1 str until i capped str at 56 ( i think that is a safe value to stop at) and my current vit with gear is 120 i havent looked without gear adds tho. But i did stop putting in vit now and just do 5 mag per level at this point
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Kitty has AA-SB and HA-SB. AA-SB has casual 9mag/1str-build and HA-SB stats put according to gear requirements. Kitty's HA-SB can wear at level scythe and armors, but that's just 'cause Kitty has couple gearsets tailored for HA-casters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • afcmaybe
    afcmaybe Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Every 10 attribute points: 1 goes to strength, 9 to magic.

I will probably start putting all into magic after level 50.
  • Tsukishi - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2015
    After some consideration i want to make my Stormbringer LA but im already almost 90s and buying a reset note before RB feels like a waste. long story short i'll farm LA g16 on my main and give to her when shes 100 and RB to get the stats right.

My question is what is a good stat build for LA magic class? i know i'll need 104 dex and str for armor and 300 mag for my weapon.

so would like 2 str 2 dex 1 mag until i can wear armor then all into mag work?
    1 str 1 dex 3 mag feels too slow for stating when im already RB and have g16 set ready to go.
    what about 3 dex 3 str 4 mag every two levels do u think that would work better?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    You don't have much choice about the 1 dex 1 str 3 mag build.

You need level +4 dex/str to wear at-level LA which caps at 104 for G16 gear. You'll also need level x3 mag to equip an at-level magic weapon with only some exceptions that would use less mag. If you want to use either the weapons or armor faster, you'd have to abuse +stat gear that has no requirements to do so.

Your best bet is, simply put, to start off statting as pure mag since you already have robes you can use. Then once you have enough for your weapon, dedicate all your stat points in dex until it catches up to str. At that point you just split the points between str/dex evenly.

Assuming you have no stat boosting gear (kinda not possible with cards, tomes, rings, neck, belt, cape, engraves, and even potentially your helm) you'd be wearing level 100 arcane stuff at level 66 and would catch up on str/dex for LA at 93.... but that's assuming base stats with nothing providing any extra non-vit attributes. In reality, you'll be reaching these points far sooner.

After that's done, on your second RB you can run as LA from the start since you'll have the gear for it too. At that point you'd just adjust the build based on the bonus stats you have available so you can wear what you want as early as possible.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After some consideration i want to make my Stormbringer LA but im already almost 90s and buying a reset note before RB feels like a waste. long story short i'll farm LA g16 on my main and give to her when shes 100 and RB to get the stats right.

My question is what is a good stat build for LA magic class? i know i'll need 104 dex and str for armor and 300 mag for my weapon.

so would like 2 str 2 dex 1 mag until i can wear armor then all into mag work?
    1 str 1 dex 3 mag feels too slow for stating when im already RB and have g16 set ready to go.
    what about 3 dex 3 str 4 mag every two levels do u think that would work better?

i think g16 la on caster is a bit self-nerfing considering the lack of +mag stats on the LA gear. i understand LA caster already is okay with lower mag attack, but everything about SB is mag-based and with r999 and rb, people tend to have absurd primary ability scores. is what you gain by going LA make up for what a pure build gains you these days?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    i think g16 la on caster is a bit self-nerfing considering the lack of +mag stats on the LA gear. i understand LA caster already is okay with lower mag attack, but everything about SB is mag-based and with r999 and rb, people tend to have absurd primary ability scores. is what you gain by going LA make up for what a pure build gains you these days?

Nope. Not in the slightest.

... but having fun with it is still a thing and as long as the person behind the character can play well the disadvantages aren't as big of a deal.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Tsukishi - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2015
    Well ya, i think it will be fun to do something different like LA instead of copy and paste my AA veno build pretty much.

Plus, I won't be getting R9 or do pvp with this toon... at least until she is RB2... because my veno already does decent in NW- the extent of my pvp. thats why i even considered the morai 2nd cast because its pve but it looked like a pain to farm xD

I ran numbers on teh build calculator also. La build (not considering cards/nuema/primal passive) gives me ~7-8k p def and ~9k mag def. with those others things both of those stats hit ~10k. and hp ~8k also. With AA i would have ~5k p def and ~12k mag def. LA feels more balanced then and in pve u encounter much more physical attacks than magic i think.
    as for damage, my mag atk is only ~2k less than if i had Full AA. Not such a huge nerf imo.
  • XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary
    XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I found myself liking the LA concept but had to put it into calc to see if i liked the possibilities

this is what i came up with

(this is basically a magic version of a BM (LA)

I used the 2nd cast warsoul glaive because it was most similar in stats/damage

http://pwcalc.com/503eca76cf5fc3ec

as you can see it will require high refines and cards and RB1/2 with good points 101 or higher and of course all the primal passives will make this a heavy hitter

also i played with putting in both elemental necky and it drops the pdef but with "reaper" makes it moot -

but yeah thinking it wouldnt be too crazy and hella tanky even with G16 LA

- this also omits the "reaper mode" where we get higher Pdef making this very nice to play least in my opinion,

not a possibility if going R9,99,999 but still great thought imo

i dont want to be a glass cannon and yet I want my opponents to feel my power
  • Sudqi - Sanctuary
    Sudqi - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    just get a credit card and buy R99 XD then little farm to get R999 ,,,,, the other things can got it shortly within 2~3 months b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*signature made by Xiaimine b:victory
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Other proposition: get a credit card and buy R999, so then you will be able to play without additional efforts b:laugh
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My stormbringer is using my traditional 50 vit, 54 str, rest on mag build. I use this on the first stage (before reawakening) to get the hand of the class. 450 extra HP mean I can get a couple more hits o runs some class tests.

After RA, going pure of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • scsc123
    scsc123 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    help, im lvl 29 and there is no purple main quest to find. what to do now?