Building a BM to Solo TT

Mataza - Raging Tide
Mataza - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Blademaster
I need help building a BM for the sole purpose of soling TT(or with help from a healer)
What i want to know is:
1)What gears to get
2) stat points to put in
3) weapon needed
4) what level of refinement per gear
4) cheapest gears i can solo with
5) total cost
Post edited by Mataza - Raging Tide on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1736321

The healer might be helpfull if its properly built and equiped. The hardest bosses have a habbit of killing underequiped healers (last one in 2-3 will agro it every now and then. Emperor will cast occult ice on the healer pretty often)

I had a 10k HP cleric to help me against in TT. It was cheaply equiped but built for survival. parts G16 and parts morai for the warding levels. Vit build.

I would not have wanted to dual client them, my buddy was playing the cleric and i think against emperor his job was harder than mine. He needed not only heal/purify the WannaBM, but also IH himself all the time as well as use TOP every now and then while bubbled. Emperor bubbled him all the time.
    Also against steelation the cleric needs to be played by another
    The final boss in 2-3 randoly agroes the cleric every now and then too. But its been long ago since i used a cleric in there. We were in TT90 back then and the cleric would get 1-shot. Probably the 10k HP cleric would laugh about this bosss ranged attack now.

So all in all, the cleric wont make all that much of a difference.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bloodpaint is the only cleric that matters yo. If your gonna duo run with a really good veno or a sage sin nothing else is really worth the coin split.

On the note of gear, your looking at a basic interval set with g16 fists/claws 4.0/5.0 depending on your rolls on claw or tome.

As for level of refines that depends on the tt you want to solo, your skill as a player, etc.

For say, 2-2/2-3 you do not care about HP, your physmarrowing every boss that is actually threatening, just pile on all the physdef you can get and marrow with as much physatk as you can pile on is the goal here (Wur pretty much requires prefect play to solo this way)

For 3-x full solo your going to wind up investing very real money into your bm and will probably wind up charmed with a custom tt geni. Just dont bother if this is a pure farming alt and farm mid 3-1/3-2 or low tt's depending on market.

Stone up a sage bp sin and a cleric/barb alt for buffs if you intend to do this regularly.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is the build i feel comfortable soloing all tt with. http://pwcalc.com/81bf7d378906b941. This is an expensive build and takes time.

I wanted to remove tt99 sets from my gear to solo tt. Now the hardest bosses for me are steelation in 3-3 (most debuffs at same time+stun+aps = me dead), doggy boss due to purge.

Boss killing time is similar to sins, travel time = longer due to no stealthing.

Lower lvl tt = easily doable with tt 99 5 aps set without a tome. 2-3 and below (except lass boss in 2-3). +7 refines on all pieces = no worries, hardly any charm ticks if any.

3-1 and upwards requires better gear for the harder bosses.

My build is 200 dex capped, rest in str. I had to add points in vit to reflect my hp with cards, meridian, nuema and other benefits like that. My base vit is 5.

If you duo with a cleric, life becomes super easy if cleric can take a beating. Bp + healing = all bosses dead. If cleric is squishy, it is faster to refine a bit more and solo things with bp and buffs. A dead cleric, will die often after rezzing until boss dies due to aoe, lack of buffs, agro from boss and other such things.

If you do not want to spend on gear that much, run with a sin who can solo the tt. By proving triple spark+hf combo, you cut down boss killing time by 1/2 usually. If boss takes 4 minutes, with the above combo it will take 2 minutes, if you can not triple spark, do hf for the sin, and mss to save yourself.

Basic points for tt farming = aps build = 200 dex capped (usually) and rest in str. Your hp comes from refines and gear stats.

If the above is too much work or expensive, you need to invest in charm+pots+magic def charm+apoc+auto pot. You can physical marrow all bosses until 2-3, and use the mdef charm. Bp heals will be more than enough in 2-3. Below 2-3, only some bosses would require magic def charms.

G16+r8r combo i listed = takes time, but worth the effort

weapon = g16, there is no other option if gear is bad. Damage makes up heals to keep you alive with bad gear.

stat point - 3str 2dex each level, cap final dex in green at 200, rest in str.

+7 is a good standard for me, lower you can get by as well, depends on your connection and how actively you play. I prefer to leave things on spark macro due to my lag, no fancy skill use.

tt 99 gear aps set = cheapest gear

prices = no clue, gold dropped, but people still selling at old price when gold was 4m+. You could find deicide +10 for about 80~100m on sanctuary. They used to go for 40~60m previously about 2 years ago when g16 hit. I would say keep about 500~700m for all gear cost+refine without -int tome.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited January 2015
    Its worth noting that all of the above is pretty much low skill strats.

I solo all bosses all tt's blind drunk in an "ok" refined old interval set uncharmed because sans DPS check boss timers and HP% triggers, the whole instance including "random" spells are all on a universal timer that triggers when you first walk in the instance. "Random" aggro reset targets also follow a pattern based off squad aggro % and are also based off either DPS check or universal timer depending on boss.

If you learn instance timers HP% stages/spells and DPS timers its pretty much muscle memory.

Also ...By real money I meant Pan gu + maxed passives A cards nuemas and +7 tt99/g15 split. R8R/NV3 armor is hilarious levels of overkill.

Seriously though only sage sin and hardcore pro veno are worth duoing with if your tanking. Any other class/culti will not provide both doubled clear and kill time while maintaining resilience to aoe, aoe status, and reset gimmics. And sage Sin barely makes the cut at low gear. At mid/high gear its veno or bust as the kill time and clear time provided outshines everything the sin can offer aside from rib to boost your survivability. The veno advantage is huge on 3-2 GBF and 3-1/3-3 steel as it allow you to get to then on their first possible "good rng" cycle at mid gear. Both Sage Sin and Veno can also do, really bad things to the game that I will not encourage or mention because optimal play is faster 90% of the time and they can get you slightly banned.

Or just scab off someone better geared than you/sink a bill into a farming alt/ dual client cleric and skip the big value bosses.

Final note, Steelation is a joke if you know his cycle and have expel.

TL:DR: Just overgear like everyone else in this game.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    While i am happy to believe you know much about all those timings etc and that it is possible to solo TTs with less gear than we need with lesser knowledge, it is also worth noting that for most people it is more practical to be comfortable without all that, even if they would poses all that knnowledge.

When i am doing TT runs for hours on end, i dont want to go keep my eyes foces on the chat to see if anyone´s got some bones to crush or if im soon gonna be one of theirs. Neither would i want to keep a timer running to know when what is going to happen. I just want to sit there, have a smoke, a drink and chat with people and have just enough attention span to pop a pot when steelation APSes me or emperor bubbles me twice in a row.

Or maybe im just old and lazy :p

PS: Steelation surely does seem to be random. Sometimes i take him down without him ever APSing, sometimes he chains one APS after the other. How would you say it works if this is not random ?
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah I hate that with steelation, I have seen him aps right off the bat or do it constantly. Then you have runs where he never does. What I do with him is knife throw, spark then spell cutter. Then so often knife throw if his buff animation starts ( around his base).
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited January 2015
    While i am happy to believe you know much about all those timings etc and that it is possible to solo TTs with less gear than we need with lesser knowledge, it is also worth noting that for most people it is more practical to be comfortable without all that, even if they would poses all that knnowledge.

When i am doing TT runs for hours on end, i dont want to go keep my eyes foces on the chat to see if anyone´s got some bones to crush or if im soon gonna be one of theirs. Neither would i want to keep a timer running to know when what is going to happen. I just want to sit there, have a smoke, a drink and chat with people and have just enough attention span to pop a pot when steelation APSes me or emperor bubbles me twice in a row.

Or maybe im just old and lazy :p

PS: Steelation surely does seem to be random. Sometimes i take him down without him ever APSing, sometimes he chains one APS after the other. How would you say it works if this is not random ?

Thats pretty much how my old lazy *** runs, there's really no super mega skill input when your running everything off muscle memory.

Steels AI/Rng is based off a mix of a universal timer meaning that he'll act differently with even slight time variations, and pure flate hatred meaning he hates with all his hate and will violate all your feelings every time you think he's figured out. Thankfully with expel/apoc the only thing steel can actually do is slow your kill down with his annoying CC which is on the global cycle so you can aim for the rare 45 second gaps where he opens with stun+hp then just spams attack speed and drop him in 3 sparks + antistun spark.

That's pretty much the only pattern I can get him to do consistently though.

I never did find a good pattern for him in 3-2 sadly because this is all trial and error so good luck on that.