stormbringer dmg vs other caster dmg

hisoka4me
hisoka4me Posts: 20 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Stormbringer
what is the stormbringer dmg compared to other classes dmg?? is it way lower? similar? more? b:thanksty in advance
Post edited by hisoka4me on

Comments

• Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hisoka4me wrote: »
    what is the stormbringer dmg compared to other classes dmg?? is it way lower? similar? more? b:thanksty in advance

Build Link http://pwcalc.com/4c93ed8a2a75ed6c
    Magical Attack 9169 Weapon magical attack 1443 Channeling Bonus -21%

[HTML]Wizard
    Skill__________ _____Channel __________Cast __Base_Damage _____Basic_DPS _Result_Channeling ____DPS
    Pyrogram_______ _________1.5 ___________0.8 ________11991 __________5214 ____________1.185 ___6041
    Gush___________ ___________1 _____________1 ________11984 __________5992 ____________0.79_ ___6695
    Divine_Pyrogram ___________3 _____________1 ________16492 __________4123 ____________2.37_ ___4894
    Average______ ____________________________________________________________________________________________5877

Stormbringer
    Downburst______ ___________1 _____________1 ________13563 __________6782 _____________0.79_ ___7577
    Ice_Bullet_____ _________1.5 _____________1 ________16260 __________6504 _____________1.185 ___7442
    Sonic_Boom_____ _________1.2 ___________0.8 ________13237 __________6619 _____________0.948 ___7573
    Cloudburst_____ _________1.5 _____________1 ________16592 __________6637 ____________1.185 ___7594
    Average______ ____________________________________________________________________________________________7546

[/HTML]

If channeling bonus is near to -90%, then average DPS is same or almost same (Stormbringer has little more anyway).
    So, Demon Spark and Sutra must be used for Wizards often to have same DPS.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    And that is w/o debuffs and stuff...If used right SBs can boost their dmg by 63% for ~20 seconds. Plus they can spawn an AOE that deals additional dmg plus they can spawn a copy of themselves that also deals alot of dmg (the last two only deal significant dmg in PvE).

Once the lvl100/Morai skills are released they even got the strongest debuffs ingame (up to 145% elemental res reduce) (Excluding demon ironwood as it is unreliable and Wizards spark as it depends on genie-statting).

SBs are the best DDs from all Arcane classes and that is now...they can just get way better with Sage/Demon/lvl100 skills.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited January 2015
    And that is w/o debuffs and stuff...If used right SBs can boost their dmg by 63% for ~20 seconds. Plus they can spawn an AOE that deals additional dmg plus they can spawn a copy of themselves that also deals alot of dmg (the last two only deal significant dmg in PvE).

Once the lvl100/Morai skills are released they even got the strongest debuffs ingame (up to 145% elemental res reduce) (Excluding demon ironwood as it is unreliable and Wizards spark as it depends on genie-statting).

SBs are the best DDs from all Arcane classes and that is now...they can just get way better with Sage/Demon/lvl100 skills.

Wizards'
    Undine Strike (Cooldown 1 second)
    reduces the
    target's Water, Fire, and Earth Resistances for 12 seconds by 60%.

If enemy has 100% elemental resistance, then you can't reduce his resistance by more than 100% (to 0%) anyway.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    Wizards'
    Undine Strike (Cooldown 1 second)
    reduces the
    target's Water, Fire, and Earth Resistances for 12 seconds by 60%.

If enemy has 100% elemental resistance, then you can't reduce his resistance by more than 100% (to 0%) anyway.

True, but that only applies in PvE, not in PvP.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • hisoka4me
    hisoka4me Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    thanks for your answers
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have quit the game 2 months ago and havent seen the new classes. Even without seeing them however, i have no doubt they are OP. Its simple marketing. PWI wants you to build those toons and equip them with R9. Once many of you have done that, they can start balancing again.b:surrender
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • dark8hamster
    dark8hamster Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Build Link http://pwcalc.com/4c93ed8a2a75ed6c
    Magical Attack 9169 Weapon magical attack 1443 Channeling Bonus -21%

[HTML]Wizard
    Skill__________ _____Channel __________Cast __Base_Damage _____Basic_DPS _Result_Channeling ____DPS
    Pyrogram_______ _________1.5 ___________0.8 ________11991 __________5214 ____________1.185 ___6041
    Gush___________ ___________1 _____________1 ________11984 __________5992 ____________0.79_ ___6695
    Divine_Pyrogram ___________3 _____________1 ________16492 __________4123 ____________2.37_ ___4894
    Average______ ____________________________________________________________________________________________5877

Stormbringer
    Downburst______ ___________1 _____________1 ________13563 __________6782 _____________0.79_ ___7577
    Ice_Bullet_____ _________1.5 _____________1 ________16260 __________6504 _____________1.185 ___7442
    Sonic_Boom_____ _________1.2 ___________0.8 ________13237 __________6619 _____________0.948 ___7573
    Cloudburst_____ _________1.5 _____________1 ________16592 __________6637 ____________1.185 ___7594
    Average______ ____________________________________________________________________________________________7546

[/HTML]

If channeling bonus is near to -90%, then average DPS is same or almost same (Stormbringer has little more anyway).
    So, Demon Spark and Sutra must be used for Wizards often to have same DPS.

perhaps you should consider that SB have -20% chan.bonus (thnx Downburst)

But wizzy has genie skill reduce fire-def. SB hasn't got skill like that.
    Sorry for my english, I'm from Russia b:surrender
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015

...no offense here..but this thread's got one page atm...and you didn't bother reading the other comments. SBs do have a debuff that is even comparable to spark +undine. This skill is just not released yet. Wait another month then we might have it.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited January 2015

There is not included quantity of elements, which can use Wizard in comparison with Stormbringer, which do Wizards' hits more powerful against some enemies even without debuffs.

I had not calculated possible combo (sequences) of skills, I just calculated average DPS for selected by me skills.

Monsters

Monsters are placed all around Perfect World and have set levels and elements.

Elements:

Metal: Weak against fire
    Wood: Weak against metal
    Fire: Weak against water
    Water: Weak against earth
    Earth: Weak against wood

Wizard is master of elements:
    Fire
    Water
    Earth

While Stormbringer is master of:
    Metal
    Water
    only.
  • dark8hamster
    dark8hamster Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ...no offense here..but this thread's got one page atm...and you didn't bother reading the other comments. SBs do have a debuff that is even comparable to spark +undine. This skill is just not released yet. Wait another month then we might have it.

i've read all comments. and i know about 100 lvl skill (you mean this, yes?), but cd of this skill is 3 min, meanwhile Spark for wizzy has only 40 sec cd in the same debuff-time.
    Sorry for my english, I'm from Russia b:surrender
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    i've read all comments. and i know about 100 lvl skill (you mean this, yes?), but cd of this skill is 3 min, meanwhile Spark for wizzy has only 40 sec cd in the same debuff-time.

But the most important thing about this debuff that makes it superior to the wizards debuff is that it debuffs 2 resistances. Ofc that is only really important in PvP. While you can simply avade all deadly dmg coming from a wizard by simply using soul of fire...you'd have to be immune to water and metal dmg on the SBs side and that is nearly impossible with the current genie builds. So even if one evades the metal dmg you can still deal deadly dmg with water ijs...and that is really op.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    metal immunity on genie aint thaat uncommon, though.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    mulier wrote: »
    metal immunity on genie aint thaat uncommon, though.

Ya, that's why I wrote:

"So even if one evades the metal dmg you can still deal deadly dmg with water ijs...and that is really op."

Even my SB itself got Heart of Steal on her genie^^
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476