Anyone else have this?

omgwtfbbq0
omgwtfbbq0 Posts: 25 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Support Desk
Seriously getting annoying with random lag, and no not ping it's not internet connection this time.
So, ever since content update my comp cant run 2 clients anymore (even if both on lowest possible settings) however could run 1 client but on maxed out settings.But today i noticed that even 1 client started to lag and it's kind of strange lag, for example:
If i log in and i am in OHT (not server) then i am fine, if i leave and enter it again the lag starts and goes on until i turn off client and log back again, same with either morai or primal or even if i tele to instance.
So i heard that the requirements of pwi been increased, but i am sure that my comp could still run at least 4 more clients at full settings without or at least minimum lag.
my comp have 8Gb Ram 3.00 GHz (4CPU's) with Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 video card
Comp is almost empty because not long ago reinstalled (no drivers or anything missing and reinstalled because pwi was laggy) and no other programs or games running apart something like skype.
Edit: Also i have a laptop which is 10x worse then pc but it can run 2 clients easy without that wierd lag~
Post edited by omgwtfbbq0 on

Comments

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't wanna jump to conclusions too soon...well you know what xD it is to a 100% an error on your end. PWI runs completely fine on my 300 bucks notebook with lowend hardware that has ~40% of your performance.

Check the software you have installed on your pc. Check for virusses or other malicious stuff. Uninstall anything you don't need (ya skype itself is a virus as well from many points of view :D). Refresh and update your system drivers.

Or to save you all the trouble from repairing your OS. Just reinstall your windows and try pwi again with a fresh install and a fresh, up-to-date set of drivers.

If anything fails you can also reinstall PWI. Thats all.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • omgwtfbbq0
    edited January 2015
    I don't wanna jump to conclusions too soon...well you know what xD it is to a 100% an error on your end. PWI runs completely fine on my 300 bucks notebook with lowend hardware that has ~40% of your performance.

Check the software you have installed on your pc. Check for virusses or other malicious stuff. Uninstall anything you don't need (ya skype itself is a virus as well from many points of view :D). Refresh and update your system drivers.

Or to save you all the trouble from repairing your OS. Just reinstall your windows and try pwi again with a fresh install and a fresh, up-to-date set of drivers.

Literally everything up to date and no viruses on comp or useless junk because as mentioned not too long ago reinstalled windows, everything else apart pwi works just fine, i also have **** (that game name is literally censored) installed and that runs 100% smooth.
    It's like pwi runs smooth also, but whenever i enter archo city i pick up this bag of lag that i carry to instance/other map and have it until i relog. When i relog it runs also 100% smoothly anywhere primal,morai,instances whatever.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    omgwtfbbq0 wrote: »
    Literally everything up to date and no viruses on comp or useless junk because as mentioned not too long ago reinstalled windows, everything else apart pwi works just fine, i also have **** (that game name is literally censored) installed and that runs 100% smooth.
    It's like pwi runs smooth also, but whenever i enter archo city i pick up this bag of lag that i carry to instance/other map and have it until i relog. When i relog it runs also 100% smoothly anywhere primal,morai,instances whatever.

Mhm. Have you installed the chipset drivers as well? Also make sure to disable any energy saving stuffs in windows (especially CPU, GPU, HDD/SSD) and/or in the bios.

This sounds pretty familiar to a problem I had a few years ago with another game.

And let me guess...AMD CPU?
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Maybe the snowmen & the snow cause you lag for unexplained reasons because you sound like you only have trouble in Archosaur (and I assume other big cities by extension). Snowmen appeared with the release of Eclipse and should be gone soon (hopefully) as the holidays are over.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • omgwtfbbq0
    edited January 2015
    Mhm. Have you installed the chipset drivers as well? Also make sure to disable any energy saving stuffs in windows (especially CPU, GPU, HDD/SSD) and/or in the bios.

This sounds pretty familiar to a problem I had a few years ago with another game.

And let me guess...AMD CPU?

Drivers up to date, power saving is on high performance and CPU is intel.
    might be the snowmen + snow effect but somehow i doubt that it should bother me that bad.
    Edit: Also when i ''pick up'' that lag from archo the whole comp slows down. Seriously i never had that kind of nonsense going on and i play pwi for years.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2015
    If you're on the West coast servers, the regional hub in LA has been really spotty lately.

Not anything you or PWE can do about it either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    If your whole comp slows down then it cn only be an energy saving feature. It is possible that your CPU interprets PWI as not "heavy" enough to go full freq and somehow gets stuck at the low freq to save energy.

You could track the CPU freq meanwhile via taskmanager/ressource manager or other CPU tools.

Like I said before, this has happened to me years ago. Never expected that kind of problem with PWI...but it is very possible that this is indeed your problem as it would explain the overall slowlyness of your Comp when the problem arrives.

BTW: Did you perform any kind of OCing? GPU, CPU, RAM? And do you run PWI in fullscreen or windowed? try the mode you are currently not using and see if anything changes.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • PrimeSinnie - Archosaur
    PrimeSinnie - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If your whole comp slows down then it cn only be an energy saving feature. It is possible that your CPU interprets PWI as not "heavy" enough to go full freq and somehow gets stuck at the low freq to save energy.

You could track the CPU freq meanwhile via taskmanager/ressource manager or other CPU tools.

Like I said before, this has happened to me years ago. Never expected that kind of problem with PWI...but it is very possible that this is indeed your problem as it would explain the overall slowlyness of your Comp when the problem arrives.

BTW: Did you perform any kind of OCing? GPU, CPU, RAM? And do you run PWI in fullscreen or windowed? try the mode you are currently not using and see if anything changes.

Don't really know what OCing mean, but if it's something to do with changing anything inside comp then nope, and i always play on windowed mode.
    And i am on west server (Archosaur) so probably what Sylen said is the problem
    Also it just fixed itself for now...Will see if setting High Priority in task manager will do any good...
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    Don't really know what OCing mean, but if it's something to do with changing anything inside comp then nope, and i always play on windowed mode.
    And i am on west server (Archosaur) so probably what Sylen said is the problem
    Also it just fixed itself for now...Will see if setting High Priority in task manager will do any good...

Could be ya. Setting it to high prio could really give the CPU a reason to go all out on PWI and thus not reducing the overall performance. It's a bit odd tho.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2015
    Could be ya. Setting it to high prio could really give the CPU a reason to go all out on PWI and thus not reducing the overall performance. It's a bit odd tho.
    It's a double-edged sword. Setting PWI to high, will put it in front of other processes your PC might need to use, like controlling the traffic on your Wifi adapter....

it's never recommended to manually override application priority settings. Wxpecially when the application you're using is already CPU-intensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Just FYI to the OP, I am in the same boat as Joe, except my old laptop would be even worse. i3, 4gb ram and inbuilt graphics, and yeah its on the lowest settings but I can multiclient fine. Even running TT where I put the setting up higher to see the circles I have np at all.