My incredibly nub cleric questions

Viktorian - Archosaur
Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Cleric
WARNING: This thread contains my nub questions for cleric pvp. Please stop reading if you dislike nabs.

To put it plainly, I am the John Snow of clerics in pvp.

I know what skills do since i played around with them in some pve fashions.
Also my gear is atrocious to the point where someone will invariably give the advice "stay in SZ and dont leave"

However i have found a small group of people(pill babies mostly) who are willing to pk with me since they have equal gear/skill. So I have been getting into more of a 1v1 role with my cleric rather then the hide and pray support type cleric i usually am.
Now that we've established im the nabbiest cleric on any server, might as well say now, im dirt poor. i dont have the money to make/remake genies over and over. Nor do i have the money to buy a higher LP's genie. So i am currently making do with my 34 LP genie that can use 4 skills.

The actual questions:
!.)Recently its been "get stunlocked, die" in my little battles. So i was wondering if at my current hp/skill level, if it was a good idea to get Faith instead of AD, to break the lock and get away or cast defensive skills. Is getting Faith a good idea for the current prediciment?
(im not r8 or r9 so no purify weapon)
2.) What other genie skills(max of 4, considering your answer to number 1) should i get?
3.) Is there a better option to getting out of a stun(without faith or a dex genie) then to hope the person stunning me screws up and the stunlock is broken long enough for me to get away?
Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
[SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
Post edited by Viktorian - Archosaur on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I cant say much about cleric PvP obviously, bu 34 luckpoints really is never needed. I bought many 6x genies on archo server for 1m max. Im sure you can afford that, at least it gives you 30 more stat points to play with b:pleased

Other than that, i noticed at more or less equal geared PvP, wich might be similar whatever gear you all have, that there are clerics that simply wont die even if i get close to them and get to stun them. I think they use their Pdef skill as soon as they see someone get close and probably cast some IHs on themselves before they will be hit. All speculation though....

Edit: hmm now that i think of it, it probably is different at different gear levels. I guess if your gear normally reduces pdamage by say 60% and you use a skill to double it, it can easilly reduce the incomming 40% to 25% while if you only block 20% normally in your TT90, doubling it doesnt do all that much and you reduce your 80% to 65% or so. Ill keep my mouth shut now cuz i obviously know absolutely nothing about the subject :p
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    The answer to all 3 of those depends on your gear. Give a calc of it so we can take a look.

Odds are you may actually prefer expel over faith/AD right now. You'd likely want a high dex/mag genie designed around breaking/resisting stuns if your gear is poor enough that a stunlock guarantees your death.

Also, "stay in SZ and dont leave" b:cute
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    The answer to all 3 of those depends on your gear. Give a calc of it so we can take a look.

Odds are you may actually prefer expel over faith/AD right now. You'd likely want a high dex/mag genie designed around breaking/resisting stuns if your gear is poor enough that a st unlock guarantees your death.

Also, "stay in SZ and dont leave" b:cute

As of the time of writing this my gear is

http://pwcalc.com/724b734fa29a1cbe

Dont mention the necklace or the dex. Its bad enough without people commenting. Im working on upgrading the neck and the dex is fixed next rb. QQ
    as for the sharding of the pants, i need to do that. ill find a bs or tailor later
    like i said, its atrocious
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • opkossy
    edited January 2015
    o_o

... WELLP

Okay yeah, Expel is much better for you than faith here. Even AD is honestly better for you. With that sort of HP, you'll also be better off sharding citrines and using plume shell for your defense. As said earlier, spend a quick mil to grab a genie with decent LP. You'll thank yourself for it later on.

In terms of genie skills at this point, go for something like:

Fortify
    Badge of Courage (to be removed once you get used to timing fortify)
    Expel and/or AD (Both fulfill the same role. AD just checks magic too and is harder for phys classes to keep a lock through because total immunity instead of a phys immune that can be bypassed if you're smart)
    Holy Path
    And perhaps look into Mantle Ripple of Death as chi management isn't something players at lower levels are generally good at and the constant chi drain may throw them off in your favor a good deal.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hai,

I don't play the game anymore, but I had to log in to give something to someone so while I was online I mailed you a clean 73/100 LP genie that was sleeping in my bank, that way you will be able to have more skills.

Enjoy.

P.s: I did mail it to your cleric PurpleHealz on HL. (no need to reply to the mail, I don't log in game anymore)

P.p.s: For the skills maybe try fortify or BOC. If you have some free time maybe farm herbs to make anti-stun pots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hai,

I don't play the game anymore, but I had to log in to give something to someone so while I was online I mailed you a clean 73/100 LP genie that was sleeping in my bank, that way you will be able to have more skills.

Enjoy.

P.s: I did mail it to your cleric PurpleHealz on HL. (no need to reply to the mail, I don't log in game anymore)

P.p.s: For the skills maybe try fortify or BOC. If you have some free time maybe farm herbs to make anti-stun pots.

You have anything on lost city server? =o *wonders*
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You have 3 pieces of unsharded gear, and only shabbies in the cloak. Shard the pants, boots and arm, and upgrade the shards in the cloak.

Don't forget your own seals. Silent seal to stun, chromatic seal to sleep (use the time slept to put some distance between you), seal of god if you have it.

Don't forget that as a caster you can get 5 mirages for nirvana talisman every day, without doing anything else (more if you do BH as well.) That's a minimum of 5 genies you can make every 3 days, without any extra costs except the spirit to level them (which, at 100, you should have oodles of.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    You have 3 pieces of unsharded gear, and only shabbies in the cloak. Shard the pants, boots and arm, and upgrade the shards in the cloak.

Don't forget your own seals. Silent seal to stun, chromatic seal to sleep (use the time slept to put some distance between you), seal of god if you have it.

Don't forget that as a caster you can get 5 mirages for nirvana talisman every day, without doing anything else (more if you do BH as well.) That's a minimum of 5 genies you can make every 3 days, without any extra costs except the spirit to level them (which, at 100, you should have oodles of.)

Explain please
    ALso, cloak isnt mine. I borrowed it from a friend who said that i could "return it when i no longer need it or play." The cloak is possibly getting upgraded within the next few days if i can catch a friend when shes online.
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You have anything on lost city server? =o *wonders*

I never played on LC sorry.

b:shocked

Since when cleric stun with silent seal?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • opkossy
    edited January 2015

Let's just pretend it's a stun. b:chuckle
    Explain please

Talk to the Nirvana key guy as a 100+ caster to get a free nirvana talisman daily (they were made for caster nirvana, after all). You can then choose the "Collect Nirvana Talisman" quest and exchange it for 5 mirages, 5 subs, or 10 chips.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2015

The description on the Ecatomb backup site (which I assume is a copy of the skill description in-game) is ambiguous.
    Manipulate the magic in the air to create a powerful
    seal for 2.4 seconds. Reduces your Attack Rate
    by 50% to stun an enemy for up to 6.0 seconds.

Never really used it, is it a seal or a stun?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • opkossy
    edited January 2015
    Never really used it, is it a seal or a stun?

Freeze/Paralyze/Immobilize. Not a seal or a stun. In fact, the only seal clerics have that seals is seal of the gods. b:laugh
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    Freeze/Paralyze/Immobilize. Not a seal or a stun. In fact, the only seal clerics have that seals is seal of the gods. b:laugh

incorrect actually. I read my skills!!! Elven Boon has a % chance to seal
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • opkossy
    edited January 2015
    incorrect actually. I read my skills!!! Elven Boon has a % chance to seal

Okay. Let me correct that.

The only seal clerics get from a "seal" skill is via Seal of the Gods. All the other "X Seal" skills don't actually seal. In addition, Seal of the Gods is also the only reliable seal.

Better? b:scorn
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    Okay. Let me correct that.

The only seal clerics get from a "seal" skill is via Seal of the Gods. All the other "X Seal" skills don't actually seal. In addition, Seal of the Gods is also the only reliable seal.

Better? b:scorn

Say it again in a sexy voice for meb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Liontitan - Archosaur
    Liontitan - Archosaur Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My advice stay in the SZ lol
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    My advice for you. Dont go whiteb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not going to lie. You've got a huge issue.

Firstly, as Mayfly said...Shard your gear. (Citrines or garnets...though as OP Kossy said, citrines may be your better bet for the moment, as you aren't full G16 yet.) I'd go with flawless shards for the moment, and if money is an issue...do the poor man's route that I've used many times myself.... Open TT.

That gives you coin to work with for free. Might be boring just opening, but it pays off, and if you spend the time refining a little and sharding, you'll start to see results...both in Pve, and Pvp.

My genie isn't designed for PvE, so let me say that much...

I have expel, absolute domain, tree of protection, cloud eruption, and extreme poison on mines. Another skill I used to have is earthquake.

I'm saying this because of this....expel and Absolute domain are good defending genie skills.
    Tree is a heal when you can't otherwise use one in time...
    Cloud eruption has even proven itself useful for me in NW, as my stunlocks require a lot of chi.
    Extreme poison weakens your opponent, so that's useful in 1 vs 1.
    Earthquake, at level 10 has a 100% interrupt, and is an AOE knockback...so that's something to consider.

Again, I'm not giving genie suggestions for pvp, but just talking about skills that you may or may not consider...

You also should use your shields...a lot. Your defense isn't enough to properly take a lot of damage unshielded. You also need to avoid a purge, or any defensive debuff/amp at any cost, so you really need to be ready to purify.

As others have said, use your seals, sleeps, and SoG often....kite also.

Note: Mark of Weakness is the only ATTACK skill that passes through sleep without waking the opponent. Also, if thunderball is already proccing on an opponent, those procs will not wake them. Also, these 2 skills are the only ones that do full damage through SoG, or bless status.

Remember, we as clerics have access to a plethora of procs...and CC's.

Silent Seal - Immobilize.
    Chromatic Seal - Sleep
    Seal of God - True Seal
    Elven Boon - Seal proc chance.
    Great Cyclone - Slow
    Tempest - Slow (Chance of immobilize if Demon)
    Siren's Kiss - Immobilize chance.

As well as our attacks that have debilitating effects.

Use them to your advantage, and don't be afraid to kite.

Oh, for cheap gear...

Aim sky demon's pearl necklace, or another one close to it.
    Belt - OHT 4th map belt is free.
    Rings - Anything at level, or close to it.

But this will give you a fighting chance. Believe me when I say that our control skills make a world of difference.

Sorry that I can't help more, but PvP isn't my strongest aspect.

Good luck nonetheless, and take care. :D

"Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    do the poor man's route that I've used many times myself.... Open TT.

Always been wondering how much those guys (and girls) make per hour.

If you do it, make a second toon and dual client for double income. Also speeds up the squad making so both you get out faster to help the next customer, and the customers are happy and will soon recognise your name and choose you when you pm. Dont be shy to tell them you double client, they will probably apreciate it if you are quick to get them both in place.

On the topic of opening. With your level 100 toons, you can also sell your body for opening PV once a day if you dont need to do it for yourself. The going rate on archosaur was 300k for that or up to 500k if youre in a hurry \ noone is answering to 300k. (But learn what its all about and read carefully what your customer exactly asks, every second counts for your customer. If he wants you to open, wait inside and invite him when he asks you, dont go thinking you first want to see money before you open or stuff like that. If they have already started runs they wont have time to discuss and expain stuff. Make sure you understand the process and are an expert in squad and instance resetting mechanics)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.