Special Thanks to admins and PWI team

Options
ankey
ankey Posts: 8 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
Thank you Sparkiesoft and all the PWI admins.
Ty PWI for your nice new classes and events.
You guys are awesome and game is back Fully alive.
More than most .... Ready to smile and love life ... Fully alive and we knows
How to believe in futures.
Flowers to all of you. A happy New year and tons of fun in 2015.
Love you
b:kissb:dirty
Post edited by ankey on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ankey wrote: »
    Love you

PWI really had not much to do with the new classes, thank the CN team for that
    what we can thank PWE for (PWE is the company PWI is the game btw) is that we got a rushed patch that was at first VERY broken (the NW forges for example) and lets not forget no manual patch!
    what we can thank PWE for is not putting pressure on CN for giving us fixed thigns like yearly attendance and PWE staff making NO comment on the issue that is pissing off a multitude of players
    what we can thank PWE for is the holiday Dawn of Eclipse Raffle Code Event, one that didnt work as intended for the first two weeks, the next two weeks they forgot to put the codes up, and now is just trash(one maiden kissed chest omg woo..), and more than likely (since the GMs wont bother to answer) if you live outside of the USA you cant get the prizes anyway
    Are you thanking them for the snowmen? again thats CN, and its the exact same thing as before, except of course the good parts like santa, penguins, snow launchers..so yah thanks for the absolutely minimal amount of effort, all the lag of xmas without any of the bang! woot.?

Please if youre going to post be correct, make specific arguments for your case instead of general things that largely incorrect and are easily disproven

you sound way too much like an amateur pr stunt

additionally why even post this on the forum that the staff never bothers to check
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    what we can thank PWE for (PWE is the company PWI is the game btw) is that we got a rushed patch that was at first VERY broken (the NW forges for example) and lets not forget no manual patch!
    what we can thank PWE for is not putting pressure on CN for giving us fixed thigns like yearly attendance and PWE staff making NO comment on the issue that is pissing off a multitude of players
    what we can thank PWE for is the holiday Dawn of Eclipse Raffle Code Event, one that didnt work as intended for the first two weeks, the next two weeks they forgot to put the codes up, and now is just trash(one maiden kissed chest omg woo..), and more than likely (since the GMs wont bother to answer) if you live outside of the USA you cant get the prizes anyway
    Are you thanking them for the snowmen? again thats CN, and its the exact same thing as before, except of course the good parts like santa, penguins, snow launchers..so yah thanks for the absolutely minimal amount of effort, all the lag of xmas without any of the bang! woot.?

Please if youre going to post be correct, make specific arguments for your case instead of general things that largely incorrect and are easily disproven

additionally why even post this on the forum that the staff never bothers to check

And you sound like a you are QQing.
    Oh wait you actually are QQing.b:chuckle

b:bye
    giphy.gif

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2015
    Options

not QQing, making very valid points that the PWE staff should address and naive posts as above ignore, if PWE staff addressed the listed points above the game would be much better...or would be at least what they advertise, we really shouldn't let them get away with such mishandling of events and patches
  • lunaperegrina
    lunaperegrina Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

Oh look.

You're back on your high horse and pulling people down again on threads that don't concern you,
    nor are addressed to you. Not the first time I've seen you do it.

Just because your ungrateful *** may not agree,
    doesn't mean you need to tear nice people to shreds.

Forums doesn't need your poor attitude.

If anything, you are the most uneducated person here.
    If you had any idea what it is like to be a staff member on a game server,
    perhaps you'd change your mind.

If you are so negative about people here and this game,
    why the hell are you here ruining the mood for everyone else?
    On a free game of which you are entitled to nothing, I might add.

Go outside.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Oh look.

You're back on your high horse and pulling people down again on threads that don't concern you,
    nor are addressed to you. Not the first time I've seen you do it.

Just because your ungrateful *** may not agree,
    doesn't mean you need to tear nice people to shreds.

If you had any idea what it is like to be a staff member on a game server,
    perhaps you'd change your mind.

why the hell are you here ruining the mood for everyone else?
    On a free game of which you are entitled to nothing, I might add.

Go outside.

nice trash talk, i see you have proven zero of my points incorrect

the thread is public, it is clearly addressed to everyone, it is not a PM

agree or disagree i presented facts, they presented no facts, again: feel free to argue and prove me wrong, this is a discussion forum, you again have brought nothing to the discussion

me...uneducated...again you have not provided a single piece of evidence for anything in your post and neither has OP, and yes i have been game (UO) staff

im negative, arguably true, but if you would take 10 seconds to look past your initial scorn all my negatively has clear points on how to make this game better

oh no i ruined your moon, well you ruined my mood with your stupidity, bad!

a "free game" hahaha. ok naive.

"go outside" really wow, can say the same to you? what kind of argument is that? what next, going to call me mr poppypants or something?

also your grammar is painful to read through
  • xdarkangelkiarax
    xdarkangelkiarax Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Love you

Flyleaf b:victory
  • Theriom - Heavens Tear
    Theriom - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Love you

What he/she said. b:kiss
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Devs did okay with the expansion, but there's still a number of issues that they should have learned to not repeat since the EGs/TBs (such as the missing skills/gear upgrades for the new classes. They could have held it back a bit longer if they needed more time to add/fix things).

Guess people will be content enough with something shiny and new to play with in the meantime~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Titoto - Raging Tide
    Titoto - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

Idk why this post attracted so many negativity, this guy is telling the truth and nothing but the truth. Have our players really turned a blind eye to the fail aspects of this game that cover over 70% of the game overall? I mean sure it may come of as a bit harsh but then again isn't the truth always hard to swallow? Maybe it's the fact that the truth is indeed hard to swallow you guys approached that argument the way you did.

I know you aren't addressing me in any way, shape or form but it always irks me when people toss the phrase "QQ" around freely. If you see something happening that quite frankly is utter **** and you point it out giving facts about the matter is that QQ?

And @ lunaperegrina

To me it makes no sense quoting what you typed because nothing in your post actually addressed what this thread is about. All you did was publicly prove your dislike for the guy and tried to insult him.
    My forum avatar has been through so many changes by itself it's not even funny -.-
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Idk why this post attracted so many negativity, this guy is telling the truth and nothing but the truth. Have our players really turned a blind eye to the fail aspects of this game that cover over 70% of the game overall? I mean sure it may come of as a bit harsh but then again isn't the truth always hard to swallow? Maybe it's the fact that the truth is indeed hard to swallow you guys approached that argument the way you did.

I know you aren't addressing me in any way, shape or form but it always irks me when people toss the phrase "QQ" around freely. If you see something happening that quite frankly is utter **** and you point it out giving facts about the matter is that QQ?

And @ lunaperegrina

To me it makes no sense quoting what you typed because nothing in your post actually addressed what this thread is about. All you did was publicly prove your dislike for the guy and tried to insult him.

I agree, Mosz has valid points, however at the end of the day the OP was meerly voicing his appreciation, there was no need to turn it into another thread about the fails of pwi/pwe/pwcn or whomever. The op meerly wants to say thanks.

Its hardly a PR stunt if its done on their own forums is it? Yah sure some other gaming forums, mmolife etc i'd understand defo a PR stunt.

The op clearly enjoys the game, clearly doesnt put much thought into just plays it for the entertainment it provides him/her - im very much the same, yah sure ive seen plenty of fails during the last 6 and a bit years, got bored, left come back etc etc yada yada but at the end of the day if it pains anyone that much they really should just go do something else.

Nothing wrong at all about the OP just showing a bit of appreciation for the entertainment/fun/lack of boredom the game has provided him or her.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I agree, Mosz has valid points, however at the end of the day the OP was meerly voicing his appreciation, there was no need to turn it into another thread about the fails of pwi/pwe/pwcn or whomever. The op meerly wants to say thanks.

Its hardly a PR stunt if its done on their own forums is it? Yah sure some other gaming forums, mmolife etc i'd understand defo a PR stunt.

The op clearly enjoys the game, clearly doesnt put much thought into just plays it for the entertainment it provides him/her - im very much the same, yah sure ive seen plenty of fails during the last 6 and a bit years, got bored, left come back etc etc yada yada but at the end of the day if it pains anyone that much they really should just go do something else.

Nothing wrong at all about the OP just showing a bit of appreciation for the entertainment/fun/lack of boredom the game has provided him or her.

Exactly this and well stated! To the OP, and to those that still find entertainment value in the game, I agree with you. I've enjoyed it for many years and still enjoy it and hope to enjoy it for a long time to come.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Someone only wanted to thank for what they liked and people are starting to mock them for their "invalid arguments" ... Just because you do not enjoy something does not mean others cannot be happy.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • lunaperegrina
    edited January 2015
    Options
    nice trash talk, i see you have proven zero of my points incorrect

the thread is public, it is clearly addressed to everyone, it is not a PM

agree or disagree i presented facts, they presented no facts, again: feel free to argue and prove me wrong, this is a discussion forum, you again have brought nothing to the discussion

me...uneducated...again you have not provided a single piece of evidence for anything in your post and neither has OP, and yes i have been game (UO) staff

im negative, arguably true, but if you would take 10 seconds to look past your initial scorn all my negatively has clear points on how to make this game better

oh no i ruined your moon, well you ruined my mood with your stupidity, bad!

a "free game" hahaha. ok naive.

"go outside" really wow, can say the same to you? what kind of argument is that? what next, going to call me mr poppypants or something?

also your grammar is painful to read through

Hardly trashtalk but okay.
    And I was not here to prove you wrong,
    I merely expressed dislike at your poor attitude and defended the OP
    who did nothing to deserve your poison.

And my grammar was painful?
    Says the guy who cannot capitalise the start of sentences,
    uses punctuation incorrectly or not at all and has very very poor sentence structure.

If you are going to criticise my grammar, at least make sure your grammar is in check,
    else you just look ridiculous.

And the thread is clearly addressed to everyone?
    Pretty sure the title reads 'Special Thanks to admins and PWI team'.
    It may be on a public forum, but how else would this person thank the staff as a whole?

To the OP, it's nice to see people appreciating stuff around here.
    I hope you keep that attitude amongst the trolls around here.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Oh look.

You're back on your high horse

Just because your ungrateful ***

Go outside.
    Hardly trashtalk but okay.
    And I was not here to prove you wrong,
    I merely expressed dislike at your poor attitude and defended the OP
    who did nothing to deserve your poison.

And my grammar was painful?
    Says the guy who cannot capitalise the start of sentences,
    uses punctuation incorrectly or not at all and has very very poor sentence structure.

If you are going to criticise my grammar, at least make sure your grammar is in check,
    else you just look ridiculous.

And the thread is clearly addressed to everyone?
    Pretty sure the title reads 'Special Thanks to admins and PWI team'.
    It may be on a public forum, but how else would this person thank the staff as a whole?

To the OP, it's nice to see people appreciating stuff around here.
    I hope you keep that attitude amongst the trolls around here.

a. obvious trashtalk is obvious
    b. at least i know the difference between your and you're
    c. a post on user forum vs a pm is a pretty obvious distinction of private vs public
    d. you were here to prove me wrong, and failed horribly
    e. do you even know what a troll is? or do you just use that to discredit anyone with a dissenting opinion?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Options
    OP wished to express their thanks. No need to turn this into everyone arguing with each other. If you agree, great. If not, great. We all have our own opinions. Let's not try to beat people over the head with them, though just because we feel our opinions are the right ones.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2015
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    OP wished to express their thanks. No need to turn this into everyone arguing with each other. If you agree, great. If not, great. We all have our own opinions. Let's not try to beat people over the head with them, though just because we feel our opinions are the right ones.

we can have an opinion on if an event is good or not, if the game is awesome

facts are those things like.. if events are clearly not working, if the expansion had huge bugs and glitches, if there is or isint a manual patch, if PWE or CN actually did something, etc.

i never bashed him for his opinion that the game is "fully back alive", i merely pointed out the facts that he clearly did not notice, or flat out ignored, ones that should not be ignored, ones that PWE should be reminded of
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Options
    That was directed to everyone, Mosz. Half of this thread is people getting on each others' cases over opinions. That doesn't need to be continued.

Since you are responding to me though, I'd just like to point out that this section:

Can easily be seen as needless bashing over an opinion. Honestly, it's likely the source of a lot of the trouble that started in here. May be better to withhold that sort of comment in the future to avoid it but that's just my own personal advice for if you don't want to deal with the kind of fallout this thread's become.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    And was fixed a few days later. Sloppy, but a patch this huge usually has a few glitches. Tbh, it wasn't gamebreaking to have the NW forges down for... what was it, 4 or so days?
    Can't be 100% sure, but I don't think the food chain is such that PWE has any ability to put pressure on PWCN. Rather that it's the other way around. PWCN had the lead in development and game direction, don't forget that we're playing what is essentially a localized version of their game - and are usually behind a patch or two as a result.
    Kinda sad that the +8 orb was taken out of that prize list, yea... But gift horse, mouth, much?
    Methinks someone just forgot to activate those ancillary events (Emperors Cruise, Glitchy Santa, etc). Probably more a GM shortage then a dev one... Assumption, but some quests do need to be activated manually I believe.
    Right back atcha, hombre.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • lunaperegrina
    edited January 2015
    Options
    a. obvious trashtalk is obvious
    b. at least i know the difference between your and you're
    c. a post on user forum vs a pm is a pretty obvious distinction of private vs public
    d. you were here to prove me wrong, and failed horribly
    e. do you even know what a troll is? or do you just use that to discredit anyone with a dissenting opinion?

Last time I will comment on the matter
    as I acknowledge I am partly to blame for the downward spiral of this thread,
    but please tell me where I used the incorrect 'your' or 'you're'.
    Perhaps you ought to reread what I said.
    I think you will find it correct :)
    (Quite frankly, you should reread everything I said,
    as you clearly took no notice of any of it)

If you read my full sentence, it reads:

'Just because your ungrateful *** does not appreciate....'
    As in your *** (meaning yourself) is ungrateful,
    which makes perfect sense.

Not 'just because you're an ungrateful ***',
    which is where I think you are confused :)
    Please don't attempt to school me on grammar.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2015
    Options
    And was fixed a few days later. Sloppy, but a patch this huge usually has a few glitches. Tbh, it wasn't gamebreaking to have the NW forges down for... what was it, 4 or so days?
    well hypers in ff, "lvl 95 pill", raffle,forge...ok not gamebreaking, but still sad that 75% of what they advertised for the expansion didnt work? lets add arc defender issues, the multi server problems over xmas, ok im startign to rant but here are a few more bugs and glitches http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1730261

Can't be 100% sure, but I don't think the food chain is such that PWE has any ability to put pressure on PWCN. Rather that it's the other way around. PWCN had the lead in development and game direction, don't forget that we're playing what is essentially a localized version of their game - and are usually behind a patch or two as a result.
    PWE pays CN for lisence/franchise:money talks, i understand forcing anyone to uphold a QoS or contract overseas may be ...much more difficult but seriously PWE has shown little to no effort in standing up for our version

Kinda sad that the +8 orb was taken out of that prize list, yea... But gift horse, mouth, much?
    what about the fact how its run :We will be giving out codes on a daily basis, via in-game, forums, and our social pages for a maiden-kissed chest. : start date was moved to 24th....first code was NINE days later...2nd code...well it sbeen 3 days...they dont seem very daily if out of the first 12 days weve had two codes? and quite sure it wasnt posted in game like the announcement said it would be for some reason even the announcement post is hard to find so here is a link http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9011023-dawn-of-eclipse-raffle!

Methinks someone just forgot to activate those ancillary events (Emperors Cruise, Glitchy Santa, etc). Probably more a GM shortage then a dev one... Assumption, but some quests do need to be activated manually I believe.
    very likely..which is pretty sad..we could have a lot more fun events, we do have a horrible GM shortage for PW and posts like OPs def do not help in the matter, i'm not calling for a riot per se...but dont let PWE think were all happy with obvious mismanagement and apathy

Right back atcha, hombre.

finally someone with an actual discussion, and while we may disagree on how important some things are his points are generally fair

answers in red
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ok people we are on the forum of a video game not at school.
    I dont think anyone gives a damn about grammar.
    I dont think anyone here cares when its corect to use your or you're or whatever.

Those that complain like Mosz arent you guys tired to do this everyday?
    You complain about every thing related to the game like it would actually change something.
    It is a free to play game made by a chinise company called wanmei. What the hell do you expect?
    We are not talking here about Square Enix or EA and even them have problems sometimes.
    PWE doesnt force you to play their games. You chose to do so.
    They dont stay with a gun pointed to your head saying: '' play or die''.
    Im aware the game has some isuess but what F2P there doesnt have problems more or less?
    Be glad that is F2P and you dont have to pay every month to be able to play and have fun.
    So play more and complain less about things that dont affect your life. You wont die cause of some bugs or some offline servers during holidays.
    giphy.gif