teleport death????

Options
thebeast52
thebeast52 Posts: 41 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Support Desk
Myself and a friend used the Illusion stone to tp into bh29 (HALL OF DECEPTION) When the first page came up we were both dead ad were sent back to orchid temple. There is no notification as to what killled us. Neither one of us is in PK mode. It cost us coin and a dream guardian scroll to enter an instance and die. ???????
Post edited by thebeast52 on

Comments

• Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    There is a pair of tombstones on the other side of the wall that attacks whoever tries to teleport inside of 29; that is what killed you and your friend.
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The illusion stone teleports you to the room of the Secret Passage first, and there is a nearby mob that has enough time to attack you at that moment. For chars with low HP, it can be deadly, so I used some strong HP pots with healing over time effect before teleporting, or Dreamchaser pills, or asked for a barb buff...b:beg
  • thebeast52
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ty for the replies. I guess this is just another thing PWI goofed up on.
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    thebeast52 wrote: »
    Ty for the replies. I guess this is just another thing PWI goofed up on.

Not a goof, Illusion Stone always teleports you to the instance entrance first, then inside. BH29 just happens to be one of ones you're almost always guaranteed to be attacked.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Not a goof, Illusion Stone always teleports you to the instance entrance first, then inside. BH29 just happens to be one of ones you're almost always guaranteed to be attacked.

Yep, can happen at the entrance to 59 also if you're extra squishy and that archer mob gets you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keyborne - Raging Tide
    Keyborne - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    if you did die to those mobs tho it might be a good time to add a couple of shards to your gear if it isnt current lvl yet to increase surviveability
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Myself and a friend used the Illusion stone to tp into bh29 (HALL OF DECEPTION) When the first page came up we were both dead ad were sent back to orchid temple. There is no notification as to what killled us. Neither one of us is in PK mode. It cost us coin and a dream guardian scroll to enter an instance and die. ???????

The other thing to keep in mind, if you both died at the entrance, the two of you would have had a small chance to complete 29 as the mobs in there are a bit...harder than the ones in SP.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    As people above stated. And anyway the stone to tp inside dungeons is just here to help you entering faster. You can still go in the dungeon like we did before, by going to SP then kill the mobs on your way to the entrance.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yep, can happen at the entrance to 59 also if you're extra squishy and that archer mob gets you.
    *cough* its the entrance to 79 not 59 *cough*
  • Keyborne - Raging Tide
    Keyborne - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

59 has a walker archer or a pryo or two outside it as well
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yep for 79 the archer is inside so this is a different story. And I think I've never been hit by the boss next to the entrance while using the tp.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2015
    Options

Oh, yeah, 79 too. Forgot about him, but he's so weak he's never hurt me. You'd have to have some pretty poor gear to have him kill you. He's solo-able at-level by just about every class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thebeast52
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have been playing since 2010 and have never died before teleporting into bh29.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have been playing since 2010 and have never died before teleporting into bh29.

Neither have I... but that doesn't stop it from being something that's happened since the game's inception because of how the illusion stone works.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • thebeast52
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The other thing to keep in mind, if you both died at the entrance, the two of you would have had a small chance to complete 29 as the mobs in there are a bit...harder than the ones in SP.

Both our gear was up to date and we did kill the boss with no issue. We were also charmed. The mobs you talk about in 29 would not 1 shot us. I do not understand how they could kill us before we teleported in. It was like we were dead before we materialized in 29.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yep for 79 the archer is inside so this is a different story. And I think I've never been hit by the boss next to the entrance while using the tp.

I have. For a BM on a computer that loads slowly, it's not good news... Smythe isn't always in aggro range though. The archer inside is similar to the poison mob in FB69 at the start, which also auto aggros when it wanders too close after a minute.

The issue on BH29 is that the sequence is as follows when porting:
    - You select the quest on the illusion stone
    - Server switches you to the new area and location and tells your client to load that area and the surroundings
    - Server plants your character in the air in the Secret Passage. Your own computer is still loading the area and the surroundings. The nearby mobs immediately aggro on you and start shooting
    - Your client finishes loading and notices you're under attack. So the first sight you're treated to is you being half, or fully, dead. If you're still alive you'll immediately trigger the port into FB29.

If you die from the mobs while your computer is still loading the area, you shouldn't use the illusion stone for that instance. Your computer can't handle the port properly then. The loading speed issue is usually related to your hard drive - people who have the game on a solid state drive will never experience this problem.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The tombstones that attack people stoning into 29 do physical damage. It's usually low HP arcanes that die to them. Getting pdef buffs before stoning in is usually enough to survive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • thebeast52
    edited January 2015
    Options
    thank you all.