assassin gear nowadays?

surprisinglyjim
surprisinglyjim Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Assassin
So i'm a pretty new player and I was wondering about what gear I should be getting.

Im pretty much 100% PVE at the moment, and was looking at the stickied assassin's guide and it seems outdated somewhat on the interval assassin gear.

Is getting 5aps still the endgame goal for PVE assassins? Or should be be forsaking the listed interval gear for the super expensive stuff like R9.

The R13 weapon (-.1 interval) they suggest also seems rather low in damage versus the other daggers that seem more recent

Thanks

edit: after looking at DB it looks like i should aim for netherworld guidance until I get 300k rep?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If you are going pure PVE there is really no reason to spend all the coin/$ on r9. Its overkill. In todays game there has been a shift away from aps, but it still has its applications.

APS is still good in places such as TT and Warsong, but APS shields are popping up in more and more places from SOT/ABA to FSP and the newer dungeons

The best plan that most good assassins I know follow (myself included) have an aps set and a DPH set (whether it be full g16 or r9) to use whichever one is needed. For pure PVE g16 is fine for a dph set you wont have any problems. The only place youd truthfully need r9 is for pvp, in which g16 is going to fall far short of r9

As for the weapon question, Get a G16 netherworld guidance (lunar if you plan to go r9 so it can be resold). It has a far better damage output then the g13 or g15. There are various threads comparing them (if i remember correctly) that you could find using the search function

Hope this helps! b:bye
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • surprisinglyjim
    surprisinglyjim Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If you are going pure PVE there is really no reason to spend all the coin/$ on r9. Its overkill. In todays game there has been a shift away from aps, but it still has its applications.

APS is still good in places such as TT and Warsong, but APS shields are popping up in more and more places from SOT/ABA to FSP and the newer dungeons

The best plan that most good assassins I know follow (myself included) have an aps set and a DPH set (whether it be full g16 or r9) to use whichever one is needed. For pure PVE g16 is fine for a dph set you wont have any problems. The only place youd truthfully need r9 is for pvp, in which g16 is going to fall far short of r9

As for the weapon question, Get a G16 netherworld guidance (lunar if you plan to go r9 so it can be resold). It has a far better damage output then the g13 or g15. There are various threads comparing them (if i remember correctly) that you could find using the search function

Hope this helps! b:bye

great info, thanks!

i'll be saving up for when I see a good netherworld for sale