BH69 Cenequus Polearm Duo

AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Stormbringer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qywf_LxHQ9c

sorry for the crappy editing skills and no music, guess you can choose your own :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_Surreal_
Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
Post edited by AshenSkies - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    With 2 SBs you have an effective CD of 6 on Ice Bullet, which is all that is needed to interrupt the debuff of the bosses in there. Just need to have whoever's turn to count the attacks in between, and launch the attack so it interrupts in time.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Mind using pwcalc to let us see your gear?

Now I feel like playing that class again (stopped at lvl 6 b:chuckle).
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2014
    With 2 SBs you have an effective CD of 6 on Ice Bullet, which is all that is needed to interrupt the debuff of the bosses in there. Just need to have whoever's turn to count the attacks in between, and launch the attack so it interrupts in time.

I had no idea Ice Bullet would interrupt that! Thanks for that :) I'll have to play around with that and see if I can get the timings right.
    Mind using pwcalc to let us see your gear?

Now I feel like playing that class again (stopped at lvl 6 b:chuckle).

Pretty stand out gear except for a few standard pieces. TT80 top and boots +4 with 4 flawless cits. Dark pants of hades +4 with 4 flawless cits. Legendary 77 bracers +4 with 4 flawless cits. Wings of cloudcharger +10 with 4 immac cits. 2x Gold FF rings. +12 NW phys neck. +10 stage one ws belt. Emperor. +6 war soul of heaven with 2 immac cits. Finally S1 warsoul wep +3 with 2 immac sapphires.

Most of it comes from my main or old gear I haven't gotten rid of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I had no idea Ice Bullet would interrupt that! Thanks for that :) I'll have to play around with that and see if I can get the timings right.

The main difficulty of Ice Bullet over the barb, sin, and bm interrupt is the length of time it takes from start to stun. Using Downburst spam will be good for DPS, as well as making Ice Bullet cast faster when it hits. But even still, it will leave less room for mistakes due to the length.

Your best bet is to go back through your video, and count the number of attacks between each time the boss casts. I think they also have 2 different sequences; one normal and one where they change a normal one into 2 fast ones.

Once you have the timing that they do down, you can start backing up when you start casting your Ice Bullet, so that it hits and stuns during their casting sequence. Keep in mind that the pre-cast will shift based on your over-all -chan, so make sure you don't lose Downburst's buff if that is taken into account with your timing.

To make it even easier, since it is duo, make sure that whoever's turn it is to interrupt, stops attacking completely one attack before it casts. This way they aren't mid-cast during the time you want to interrupt with Ice Bullet.

Pretty sure that Ice Bullet will interrupt, even if the boss doesn't get stunned. Been 6 years since my cleric went through it at low level, and my BM had their interrupt and spark to not need to worry about it.

Other things that can help is multi-hits. The more times something is hit, the increased chances of interrupting a channel. Haven't tested to see how all our abilities will operate, but the two big spells to use if they work would be Tidal Force and Storm Avatar. Layer your Storms so that one ends, the next uses theirs. That should give you constant coverage, and the pinwheel of death hits twice at a time, or it was earlier in Delta. And Tidal Force is a multi-hit that doesn't cost chi, making it better choice for sustain than Moonblade.

As well you can use Frigid Thunder for the guaranteed channeling interrupt, or Lunar Blessing to go into should one of the debuffs get through. Hopefully the other one can draw agro away, if they can soak the damage.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I hope, that someone will be able to play using Stormbringer without weapon and armor of the Gods.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I hope, that someone will be able to play using Stormbringer without weapon and armor of the Gods.

without super toptier gear, i'm pretty sure pole and nob can be dou'd if the SB kite and cast on the run instead. he wont be close enough to launch that many attacks. a whole 6-man squad of moving casters and you run both bosses around the lake and mow them down without much need for anything.

though both classes will still need to keep in mind they need decent phys def
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited January 2015
    without super toptier gear, i'm pretty sure pole and nob can be dou'd if the SB kite and cast on the run instead. he wont be close enough to launch that many attacks. a whole 6-man squad of moving casters and you run both bosses around the lake and mow them down without much need for anything.

though both classes will still need to keep in mind they need decent phys def

I mean exactly same.

I could kill above bosses too having "decent phys def".

Main problem is one attack after physical debuff.

If character has enough health to don't be killed by one hit (exactly after debuff), then he can Tank those bosses.

He not need to run from them.

In other case he can be killed.
    Edit:
    I had removed any words, that can't be proved by screenshots or common logic.

My Wizard level 85 (could not find more fresh screenshots).
    http://i.imgur.com/7Cme6yB.jpg
    Same Wizard after physical debuff of the level 90 boss.
    http://i.imgur.com/tR8sk2k.jpg
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2015

Why the hate? I'm sorry that I have well geared alts? What am I supposed to do? Not use stuff I have lying around? I don't see the reason as to why you'd leave some snarky remark like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited January 2015
    Why the hate? I'm sorry that I have well geared alts? What am I supposed to do? Not use stuff I have lying around? I don't see the reason as to why you'd leave some snarky remark like that.

It is not "hate".

It is admitting of fact, that boss can kill boss or high level can kill low level.

There is no skill, there are well geared alts.

Any class using same gear can do same if not even more and faster.
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I also duo'd pole with a friend at 82, I'm full tt80 gold +3 immac citrines. wings of cloudcharger, warsong belt though, so I ended up tanking b:surrender
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle