Looks like they finally killed Perfect World

Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
PWE/ARC Games have finally done it. Perfect world is a ghost town. The company has tried hard to kill it. They ignored their customers for a very long time and only left poor sparkie to watch it with no real ability to do change.

They made it so grinding will not even pay for repairs and thoughts of getting good gear that way is now nonexistent.

The annual attendance award was a poor April fools joke. The clients were the fools.

They took the Jones blessings without any explanation.

They fail to react or comment to mass DCs

In general they have been ignoring the game and the people who play it for so long that the people are abandoning the game.
Post edited by Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ghost_hunter - Raging Tide
    Ghost_hunter - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    PWE/ARC Games have finally done it. Perfect world is a ghost town. The company has tried hard to kill it. They ignored their customers for a very long time and only left poor sparkie to watch it with no real ability to do change.

They made it so grinding will not even pay for repairs and thoughts of getting good gear that way is now nonexistent.

The annual attendance award was a poor April fools joke. The clients were the fools.

In general they have been ignoring the game and the people who play it for so long that the people are abandoning the game.
    dude i leveled up to 78 with my stormbringer without spending any coin from my main and actually now i'm full geared at my level (thanks to QuickSand Maze) and with 3m just from quests

Edit: This is not the 1st time that the blessings are unavailable to get and probably won't be the last
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dude i leveled up to 78 with my stormbringer without spending any coin from my main and actually now i'm full geared at my level (thanks to QuickSand Maze) and with 3m just from quests

Edit: This is not the 1st time that the blessings are unavailable to get and probably won't be the last

Not affecting me badly either but it is why the game is now a ghost town. Good side is plenty of mobs to choose from and no other players within range. It does make the game very boring. Going to find something else to do since game without other players puts me to sleep.
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Kinda funny cause i can get my blessing (most ppl on my server can also) b:victory
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • AssasinPower - Lost City
    AssasinPower - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015

another crying noob ...
    dont u have something more interesting to do then to spoil ppl bc u dont like a game?
    do u think anyone is interested in your emo armageddon talk lol?
    ppl say pwi will die next month.. next year for so many years and yet its still here ... thankfully alot of you QQ ppl left so it got a bit more silent so ya have fun playing pokemon online or whichever game suits u but leave the ppl alone which have fun playing a game kk thx bye
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2015
    Not affecting me badly either but it is why the game is now a ghost town. Good side is plenty of mobs to choose from and no other players within range. It does make the game very boring. Going to find something else to do since game without other players puts me to sleep.

You're playing at the wrong times, or on the wrong server. It's been extraordinarily active lately on Sanctuary. I keep having to share mobs when questing in areas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Protip for getting coins for repairs: PICK UP THE COINS that Drop! Also, picking up Potions and those little "Lucky" boxes everyone always leaves on the ground. Yeah they also drop potions AND potions still give good money. There hasn't been a day yet where I haven't made at least 50k per instance from coin drops and potion sales that I couldn't repair my gear. b:shutup Don't listen to other peoples hype. Learn to adapt. Also HT has had a lot of people on it if thats not where you're playing might wanna try it out. I've never taken more than a few minutes to form any kind squad for anything. Fac chat is even active and we don't even have 100 people yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Klinsy - Dreamweaver
    Klinsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Protip for getting coins for repairs: PICK UP THE COINS that Drop! Also, picking up Potions and those little "Lucky" boxes everyone always leaves on the ground. Yeah they also drop potions AND potions still give good money. There hasn't been a day yet where I haven't made at least 50k from coin drops and potion sales that I couldn't repair my gear. b:shutup Don't listen to other peoples hype. Learn to adapt. Also HT has had a lot of people on it if thats not where you're playing might wanna try it out. I've never taken more than a few minutes to form any kind squad for anything. Fac chat is even active and we don't even have 100 people yet.
    It's sad that a pill babby like me knows how to adapt better than what OP is implying... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2015

It was known for a long long time that the annual rewards weren't implemented, welcome to a year ago. Also the 3 month item thing also doesn't work, betcha didn't know that?

Which is likely to have happened without it being on purpose, also, lol 30 attack levels less at this day and age for a while, the world will burn...

I guess you missed the message in arc where it stated they were having issues with servers and that is was being investigated, way to be blind.

/5char pls go
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Game is more active than I've seen it in a long time.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Is this 2009?

You could take the OP, change a few words here and there and you'd have an exact copy of the flood of posts from prophets of doom almost 5 years ago when the Tideborn expansion hit.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    PWE/ARC Games have finally done it. Perfect world is a ghost town. (WRONG - HASNT BEEN THIS BUSY IN YEARS)

The company has tried hard to kill it. They ignored their customers for a very long time and only left poor sparkie to watch it with no real ability to do change.

They made it so grinding will not even pay for repairs and thoughts of getting good gear that way is now nonexistent. (UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE A KICK *** AT PVP - YOU CAN GET TO LEVEL 100 WITH FREE GEARS)

The annual attendance award was a poor April fools joke. The clients were the fools. (ANNUAL ATTENDANCE REWARD? WHO CARES, I JUST HEARD ABOUT THIS. SO YOU DIDNT GET SOME FREEBIES????)

They took the Jones blessings without any explanation. (IT'LL BE BACK) EDIT - BACK ALREADY I SHOULD SAY - SEE STICKY)

They fail to react or comment to mass DCs (HAVENT DC'D IN WEEKS - MUST BE GOOD CABLE BETWEEN EAST US AND AUSTRALIA LOL)

In general they have been ignoring the game and the people who play it for so long that the people are abandoning the game. (IGNORING THE GAME??? WHICH IS WHY THEY JUST IMPLEMENTED A HUGE EXPANSION RIGHT????)

Couple of things to ponder for you OP.

For extra money, make 3 chars - level 51 , 61 and 71 and do JOJ with those, that's instant 500k/day just fyi.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I politely disagree.
    Seems to me to be as active, or more active now, not less.

At least currently, on my server, certain TT mats have risen in price almost comically by comparison, no doubt due to the new weapons there are to make for the new race. I was shopping for mats to make a scythe for my lil stormie because I'm lazy usually >.> but not lazy enough it seems since in the end I farmed my own XD So TTing for mats to sell for coin isn't such a bad idea. Sure -botting- for money isn't worth it much, though botting for xp while picking up coins and pots could at least equal itself out perhaps, I'll have to try it sometime.

If you do BHs, quests, and farm Quicksand Maze you can get decent mostly free gear up til 85, then you get a free set of Morai gear for 95 that with some shards and a few refines can take you into 100 where you can begin to farm and save up for the hard stuff, which could save more money over all than older players probably payed in the years before when it was pretty much either TT stuff, dungeon dropped mold gear, or literally dropped from mob or npc shop gear from 60-90. Of course if you powerlevel too quickly or just have jumped to 100 suddenly for some reason <.< it might be much more difficult, but if people do that I don't really listen to those complaints as they're inherent in that situation XD

They literally just gave us a replacement code for Jones/O'malleys now, so that's taken care of.

I do agree slightly that in general the company neglects PWI a bit more than I would like to see, but I guess they've successfully distracted me from more of the negative aspects with this shinny expansion <.< for now.
  • zombienationz
    zombienationz Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You can't kill that which was never truely alive, this game will live forever one way or another.
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    another crying noob ...
    dont u have something more interesting to do then to spoil ppl bc u dont like a game?
    do u think anyone is interested in your emo armageddon talk lol?
    ppl say pwi will die next month.. next year for so many years and yet its still here ... thankfully alot of you QQ ppl left so it got a bit more silent so ya have fun playing pokemon online or whichever game suits u but leave the ppl alone which have fun playing a game kk thx bye

ironic, you are doing the exact thing that you are complaining about. no one wants to read about what you do or not like to read on a forum either so **** hypocrite.

no one has fun on pwi. they have managed to ruin every single aspect of the game. from insane lag, multiple d/c s, taking away anything worth doing. Lost City had only a handful of people in NWs the last few times.

and really tired about hearing how great people are leveling and gearing and making coin with the new classes. you are all still 1 shots so i am not sure how well you are geared...

it isnt my computer. it isnt my internet. all other games and all other versions of PW work perfectly fine for me. yes i d/l d and checked a few other versions. only PWI lags and d/c s. funny because all the other games i tried have GM s in game 24/7. active pvp. plenty of things to do. we cant even get a GM to respond with anything other than the standard "well China said to do this" robot answer.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ironic, you are doing the exact thing that you are complaining about. no one wants to read about what you do or not like to read on a forum either so **** hypocrite.

no one has fun on pwi. they have managed to ruin every single aspect of the game. from insane lag, multiple d/c s, taking away anything worth doing. Lost City had only a handful of people in NWs the last few times.

and really tired about hearing how great people are leveling and gearing and making coin with the new classes. you are all still 1 shots so i am not sure how well you are geared...

it isnt my computer. it isnt my internet. all other games and all other versions of PW work perfectly fine for me. yes i d/l d and checked a few other versions. only PWI lags and d/c s. funny because all the other games i tried have GM s in game 24/7. active pvp. plenty of things to do. we cant even get a GM to respond with anything other than the standard "well China said to do this" robot answer.

No one has fun on pwi? Did you talked with every single person that plays the game and everyone told you they are not having fun or what? Well you missed me and I am having fun.
    And if no one is having fun on pwi why they still play? Do they like to play a game where they dont have fun? those ''no one'' like to be bored everyday?

tired about hearing how great people are doing in the game? what you cant handle the truth?
    and what do you mean by new classes being 1 shots? I hope you are not saying that new classes are 1 shot by R9rr people or T3 ones?
    new classes dont have r9 gear availabvle yet so ofc they are one shot by an r9rr+12 now them being Morai 95 gear or T2 gear? Did you checked their gear or do you talk just to talk?

China said do this is not a robot answer is the truth like it or not.
    The game is not made by americans or europeans.
    Its made by asians. people living in china made it. Wanmei is the name of the company.
    Perfect World Entertainment is just a publisher for America and Europe.
    China has control on almost everything.
    giphy.gif

• toml2
    toml2 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not trying to take either side of this argument, but I do have a couple of things to say about this.

First thing, I see people saying the servers are still active. They are, no argument here.
    However, what they are active doing is the same thing I have been doing, leveling new toons and pill babies. What happened to your mains that need gears? Well, they are leveling pill babies and new classes because they can't make enough coin to buy gears for their mains.

The second thing is the coin situation ingame. Nerfing the dq (much as I have to admit it) was a good thing. However nerfing the armor drops was pretty sorry in my book.

Since PWI introduced their botting system, I used it daily to farm the R9 gears for my toons. That is gone and I feel it.
    Although it's nice to be able to buy coin again in the AH, it would be nicer to be able to finish gearing up my toons.

The support system for toons has turned upside down.
    Where it used to be the high level toons helped finance the low level toons, now it is the other way around. Farming for coin on my pill babies, I found it cheaper to farm very low level toons for the coin, apoc, and mat drop than to farm at their level. The amount of coin dropped isn't that big a differance from lvl 30 mobs to higher lvls, and the repairs are less.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    toml2 wrote: »
    First thing, I see people saying the servers are still active. They are, no argument here.
    However, what they are active doing is the same thing I have been doing, leveling new toons and pill babies. What happened to your mains that need gears? Well, they are leveling pill babies and new classes because they can't make enough coin to buy gears for their mains.

Since PWI introduced their botting system, I used it daily to farm the R9 gears for my toons. That is gone and I feel it.

According your post all server must wait while your toons will R9 get (you know, that it is bad, but you need it, do you need it really?).

Sorry, no way.

Gold must be distributed among all players, not just among top level players
    (it is not related to PvP, NW, TM, TT farming though, where high geared toons are winners ... yet, while they are not limited there).

It is really pleasure to see, that players have equal rights to play this game in some aspects of this game.
  • bloodedone87
    edited January 2015
    Not trying to take either side of this argument, but I do have a couple of things to say about this.

The second thing is the coin situation ingame. Nerfing the dq (much as I have to admit it) was a good thing. However nerfing the armor drops was pretty sorry in my book.

Although it's nice to be able to buy coin again in the AH, it would be nicer to be able to finish gearing up my toons.

The support system for toons has turned upside down.
    Where it used to be the high level toons helped finance the low level toons, now it is the other way around. Farming for coin on my pill babies, I found it cheaper to farm very low level toons for the coin, apoc, and mat drop than to farm at their level. The amount of coin dropped isn't that big a differance from lvl 30 mobs to higher lvls, and the repairs are less.

Just cause you lvl up pill babies to make money for your mains doesnt mean all people do that.
    In fact most of the people are doing the other way around. Using their mains to farm gear for their pill babies.Cause most of those that have pill babies already got mains being R9rr+12 OR T3 .
    Personally I used the the pills on 2 chars to lvl them up to 95 and 100 . a psy and a seeker. And they will stay the way they are untill Im done lvling and gearing up my stormbringer. psy didnt do anything to him and seeker only did cultivation till coalescence.
    giphy.gif

• toml2
    edited January 2015
    According your post all server must wait while your toons will R9 get.

Sorry, no way.

Gold must be distributed among all players, not just among top level players
    (it is not related to PvP though, where high geared toons are winners).

It is really pleasure to see, that players have equal rights to play this game.

It seems that you didn't understand my post.

At no point did I say anything about gold not being distributed amongst all players, or that all server must wait while I get R9.

I simply pointed out that the nerfing of coin in the game has affected myself and countless others and PWI knows this.

Why do you think they gave out the lvl 95 pills and new toons when they nerfed the coin making ability in the game?

IMO it was to distract people from the fact that farming gears is seriously nerfed and to keep people playing.

Are you so distracted that you can't see this? Or is it that you already have all your end game gears and are just trolling?
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited January 2015

Are you so distracted that you can't see this? Or is it that you already have all your end game gears and are just trolling?

I have gear for my 92 Level Wizard ...

They had reduced price of DQ items, but they greatly reduced profit of bots and made some advantages for players.

I want to describe it as clear it as possible to you.

Amount of gold in AH will be same as before.

Price will be lower, because of the coins' sinks.

Players will have lower amounts of coins too.

But bots will not have advantages above real players.

Edit:
    AFK(away form keyboard) not mean player. It is bot in most cases if it is not flight, follow mode, meditation (?) or something like it.
  • toml2
    edited January 2015
    I have gear for my 92 Level Wizard ...so you have all the gears you want or need on your wiz. Gratz

They had reduced price of DQ items, but they greatly reduced profit of bots and made some advantages for players. ... See below

I want to describe it as clear it as possible to you.

Amount of gold in AH will be same as before.... Won't be the same, Pricing actually dropping which I said in earlier post is good.

Price will be lower, because of the coins' sinks. ...True

Players will have lower amounts of coins too. ...True

But bots will not have advantages above real players. ...Bots never had an advantage above real players, Everyone is able to bot, its part of the game. Bots are real players, I botted and played my toons. If you don't take advantage of the tools PWI gave us, don't complain about the people that do.

Edit:
    AFK(away form keyboard) not mean player. It is bot in most cases if it is not flight, follow mode, meditation (?) or something like it. ...Using your reasoning, no one should be able to meditate either as that is also time afk.

see inside quote
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited January 2015
    see inside quote

Amount of gold mean quantity of gold above.

In average it is always same, but poor players can't buy.

Not all players can give their computers to pwi bot, so bots had great advantages above players, which can't bot, but want to play.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Is this really a debate on bots vs. players? - _-

If someone told me they can't be good or they're not wealthy in the game because they can't bot I will laugh in their face; find a way and stop banging your head into the wall.

I tried doing TT to make money. Mats sold slow, pre-made gears sold better but took longer to make. Eventually worked my way up to T3 and realized I could make T3 weapons and sell them.

It costs me 5-20m to make a T3 Pataka, Wand, Glaive, Magic Sword, Crossbow, Slingshot, Bow. And never once have I sold them for less than 60m. Just recently made a Wand with a really nice Magic roll, sold it in 1 day for 70m.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited January 2015

If someone told me they can't be good or they're not wealthy in the game because they can't bot I will laugh in their face; find a way and stop banging your head into the wall.

I tried doing TT to make money. Mats sold slow, pre-made gears sold better but took longer to make. Eventually worked my way up to T3 and realized I could make T3 weapons and sell them.

It costs me 5-20m to make a T3 Pataka, Wand, Glaive, Magic Sword, Crossbow, Slingshot, Bow. And never once have I sold them for less than 60m. Just recently made a Wand with a really nice Magic roll, sold it in 1 day for 70m.

Good to know.

I will try to do T3 weapon for me, when I will be able to play at high level.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited January 2015

The biggest issue with that is a lot of players are too lazy to take the time to farm badges in FWS and lunar, but want everything the easy way. Those types of players will always whine that it takes too long, is too hard, they can't clear a pav, hitting was nerfed etc.

They should go on or start lunar runs get badges slowly, become geared enough to solo a pav in fws in time then farm the hell out of badges/ armor and weap molds, get EOOs and EODs, a.d viola they can start making money. People that can buy Zen and trade it out for coin will buy their T3 for alts and f2p players can make a nice profit.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bloodedone87
    edited January 2015
    The biggest issue with that is a lot of players are too lazy to take the time to farm badges in FWS and lunar, but want everything the easy way. Those types of players will always whine that it takes too long, is too hard, they can't clear a pav, hitting was nerfed etc.

They should go on or start lunar runs get badges slowly, become geared enough to solo a pav in fws in time then farm the hell out of badges/ armor and weap molds, get EOOs and EODs, a.d viola they can start making money. People that can buy Zen and trade it out for coin will buy their T3 for alts and f2p players can make a nice profit.

I agree with you and not.
    Lunar and WS are good option to make money.
    Problem is that to make squad takes a lot of time and alot of teles. teles that cost money that f2p players cant afford everytime.
    You may be lucky finding a squad for ws fast but for lunar you can waste 30teles and barely find another person.
    People have to understand that lunar is a good instance to farm badges and eod but no one will want to pay 500k and the eod to go to a random person.And others dont want to come in a free run just for 3 badges.
    Most of the players in the game have already t3 and r9rr so now they only farm badges to upgrade the r9 or to rerol what they got or to sell crafting service.
    giphy.gif

• LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I agree with you and not.
    Lunar and WS are good option to make money.
    Problem is that to make squad takes a lot of time and alot of teles. teles that cost money that f2p players cant afford everytime.
    You may be lucky finding a squad for ws fast but for lunar you can waste 30teles and barely find another person.
    People have to understand that lunar is a good instance to farm badges and eod but no one will want to pay 500k and the eod to go to a random person.And others dont want to come in a free run just for 3 badges.
    Most of the players in the game have already t3 and r9rr so now they only farm badges to upgrade the r9 or to rerol what they got or to sell crafting service.

This is where a stable friends list comes into play. I have quite a few that I do FWS with when we want to farm badges. I can normally PM them and get a run set up fairly quick either through my friends list, their friends list, their friends friends list, etc, or through our factions. Same with lunar, BH100. We are all happy to group together if we aren't busy. We know each others playstyles, and all get along. We can also get runs done quickly. Then again it is a MMO and not a single player game.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Farming badges in warsong is easy. Just jump on every BH snake you see in WC. Squads always do the vile. You don't need teles or coins to watch world chat on those days.
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have the feeling a lot of people really dont want to put efford into the game

You dont have to have the best gear in the game to be "endgame"

Lets see we have Nirvana gear, G16, Morai 101 and morai reforge, rank 8 , rank 8 reform, rank 8 reform reforge

All perfectly farmable and not hard to get

But i guess people just want r9rr send to their mailboxes
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As an addition to Skippy's message: then there are people like my cleric-gf who use lvl12 armor as endgear (on PvE server). She uses 'Robe of the Spirit Eater' and 'Mystique Pants of the Spirit Eater'..... lol and I was thinking we only could drink spirits.