R8 S3?

mkat
mkat Posts: 74 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Blademaster
So whos gonna s3 their def blades? I checked forges and theres an 80m fee. Currently my sword has 27 def lvls and mag reduce, really not sure if its worth to s3.
Post edited by mkat on

Comments

• teikiatsu11
    teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mkat wrote: »
    So whos gonna s3 their def blades? I checked forges and theres an 80m fee. Currently my sword has 27 def lvls and mag reduce, really not sure if its worth to s3.

I've been debating it since my def lvl blade currently adds 25 def lvls. I'll probably just let one of the big CSer's on my server do it first and determine if it's worth it from that b:chuckle
  • Toddloveleah - Harshlands
    Toddloveleah - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've been debating it since my def lvl blade currently adds 25 def lvls. I'll probably just let one of the big CSer's on my server do it first and determine if it's worth it from that b:chuckle

Why would it have to be a big cs'r when pwi claims you can cast the r8r from items from the new instances?

It costs like maybe 35-40 mil to make a r8r wep, cheaper than g16.
  • teikiatsu11
    teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why would it have to be a big cs'r when pwi claims you can cast the r8r from items from the new instances?

It costs like maybe 35-40 mil to make a r8r wep, cheaper than g16.

Because CSer's have a **** ton more coin than everyone else and will more than likely be the first to do it.
  • ZetsumieX - Raging Tide
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It looks like the current workload to make a r8rr wep is only for azn like people, a cs'er would never work to do 80+ new instances to end just to recast a r8r wep.

I just finished it ytd in 3,5 hours with 7 ppl in squad (biggest issue was we only had cleric + mystic mostly healing / ressing than being able to dd the captains / last boss imune to phis dmg) . I got 117(105 from quest + rest random drops) of the things u need 9k for r8rr wep.

So yea, in this rhythm noone will get any of the weps too soon, and for sure none of the major cs'ers that usually just pay for their ****.
  • mkat
    mkat Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It looks like the current workload to make a r8rr wep is only for azn like people, a cs'er would never work to do 80+ new instances to end just to recast a r8r wep.

I just finished it ytd in 3,5 hours with 7 ppl in squad (biggest issue was we only had cleric + mystic mostly healing / ressing than being able to dd the captains / last boss imune to phis dmg) . I got 117(105 from quest + rest random drops) of the things u need 9k for r8rr wep.

So yea, in this rhythm noone will get any of the weps too soon, and for sure none of the major cs'ers that usually just pay for their ****.

Gonna have to agree, tried it a few times and it really doesnt feel worth it for a few extra def lvls.
    edited December 2014
    i am just thinking the only thing that it might worth is an offensive GoF r8rr pole, for extra defense levels idk...
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    R8R boots - int = 0.16% means 1 in 208.67 rolls

R8RR boots - int = 0.11% means 1 in 227.65 rolls

I might have gone r8rr had the chance on the boots been higher, to something more sane. The above does not help, even with 4 chances of getting -int on boots.

To me the new r8rr set only seems effective in raising base stats of armour and refining a bit better, beside that i don't see it worth the effort, until someone shows me otherwise.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Beats getting full g16 and I refuse to touch the pwi "exclusive" bm r999
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The items inside are bound inside, but you can unbind them outside for a big fee. It's like 50K per item to unbind the basic material and you need like 3000 of them I think. So yeah, I'm too lazy to farm the instance. I'd probably just end up buying the mats.

But to me the upgrade is not worth the cost. I could get the same result re-rolling my regular r8 def blade until I get max steps and probably still end up spending less money. I could re-roll my regular blade 1000 times and get better stats on a lower grade weapon due to how cheap it is to re-roll. The new weapon takes like 25 runs alone to just re-roll once...

My current r8 def blade has:

25 def level
    2 def level

2x JOSD for 31 def level

If I just kept re-rolling until I got 25 def and 5 def it'd probably cost me less than 500M compared to the new stats of

15-30 def and 2-7 def and maybe getting 32-35 def, but taking several months to farm + paying for new jades + re-rolling costs. No Thanks

Maybe in the future when they make the mats available in a pack, but for now... Not worth my time.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Izamos - Archosaur
    Izamos - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hi,

I made a baby bm some time ago and i started training it and playing it a bit more now, so started looking for skillcombos etc in here, and saw some people writing about getting r8 def blades, but that made me wonder for what reason? Is it for the def lvls or is there some skill combo or something like that i have missed?
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hi,

I made a baby bm some time ago and i started training it and playing it a bit more now, so started looking for skillcombos etc in here, and saw some people writing about getting r8 def blades, but that made me wonder for what reason? Is it for the def lvls or is there some skill combo or something like that i have missed?

It is for the def lvls, nothing else.
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    to break it down further ...R8r Def blade is for the purpose to put up ur best def and tank while ur ursing sword skills to regain chi . Primal Sword skill Star Smite gives a nice chi return and droppin target evasion by 50% helpin you to gain chi and set up a combo while having the added def levels to keep up the tankin before u execute ur offence. Primal Farstrike using a pole gives a bit chi return as well and added DD with a range immobilization however most had made a r8r pole for the purpose of Spirit Blackhole the better chance to purge. So the simpler breakdown is ..

Pole to purge
    Sword w/ def level to gain chi and be tanky while doing so.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
    edited February 2015
    to break it down further ...R8r Def blade is for the purpose to put up ur best def and tank while ur ursing sword skills to regain chi . Primal Sword skill Star Smite gives a nice chi return and droppin target evasion by 50% helpin you to gain chi and set up a combo while having the added def levels to keep up the tankin before u execute ur offence. Primal Farstrike using a pole gives a bit chi return as well and added DD with a range immobilization however most had made a r8r pole for the purpose of Spirit Blackhole the better chance to purge. So the simpler breakdown is ..

Pole to purge
    Sword w/ def level to gain chi and be tanky while doing so.

u do know while immobilizing purge is useless on the pole right? Thus why hello GoF poleeeee :3