What skills to focus on?

LizZandra - Morai
LizZandra - Morai Posts: 5 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Stormbringer
hello, im a 51 Storm.b and i have got alot of skills already, but i really dont know wat skills to focus most on beside Sonic boom n downfall.

soo what skills works best for u ppl?

and good combo's u could share with us?
Post edited by LizZandra - Morai on

Comments

• michikobaby
    michikobaby Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well, here is my list in no particular order besides the color coding (Red > Green)

Sonic Boom
    Downburst
    Blood of the Nightshade - Defensive Passive
    Lunar Guidance - Squad Def Buff
    Cloudburst - Magic Debuff
    Ice Bullet - Single Stun
    Supercell - Strongest AOE with multiple skill add-ons
    Frigid Thunder - AOE / Freeze / Slow / Interupt
    Deafening Thunder - AOE / Debuff
    Thunder Strike - AOE
    Reaper Form - Tank / DD mode
    Lunar Shadow

Metal Mastery
    Water Mastery
    Lunar Surge - Knockback AOE
    Lunar Blessing - Self Heal
    Electrostatic Discharge - Kiting skill
    Searing Moonlight - Continuous single attack / Debuff
    Lunar Swiftness - Speed Skill
    Cumulonimbus
    Snowstorm
    Moonblade

Tidal Force - Tunnel AOE
    Monsoon - Tunnel AOE
    Thundersnow - DoT
    Call Lightning

Devouring Darkness - Kiting skill
    Churning Vortex - Does no damage. I use Avatar of the Storm instead.
    Climate Shift
    - Leveling only changes the cooldown...until sage/demon

There are some nice skills in the yellow/green sections, but I would not max them before the skills above
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well, here is my list in no particular order besides the color coding (Red > Green)

Lunar Shadow

There are some nice skills in the yellow/green sections, but I would not max them before the skills above

Why is this skill so low on the list? It only has 1 level and the clone effectivly doubles you dps on normal mobs and quadruples it on ? mark mobs, it's a skill I would get asap when you hit 79.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • Tsukishi - Dreamweaver
    Tsukishi - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Agreed, Lunar Shadow is OP as hell. You could even pull with it, but the clone is so op it doesn't die like how a mystic pulls with their pet.

I maxed out all the mobile casting skills first since its teh crux of this class. But also very important to max out and maybe even before most of the mobile cast skills, is lunar guidance (your buff), Reaper form, elctrostatic discharge.

Personally i also leveled asap Devouring Darkness because you get cooldown reduction from leveling it and at max level its half the cd of electrostatic.
    Also note that electrostatic is for kiting and devouring darkness (imo) is for things you can't kite (still good while kiting though..)

AOE combo I find useful is Frigid thunder (slow/freeze first) > Thunderstrike (debuffed) > Lunar surge (they will be getting close to you at that point) > deafening thunder ... and probably at that point thunderstrike debuff will proc and they die from it, if not, repeat!
    Remeber to maximize effects with proper balls. Supercell is also good after lunar surge because you will have some breathing room for its casting time.

Use churning vortex and avatar of the storm in unison. I forgot what leveling churning vortex gets you, possibly cooldown reduction? Anyway you dont need to focus on leveling it right away for it to be useful. Also note lunar surge can knock stragglers back towards churning vortex.

Single target combos are pretty simple like downburst spam+ ice bullet vs fire mobs and sonic boom+cloudburst vs wood. You can mix in Moonblade or thundersnow in either of those since they do both types of damage and wont affect your balls.

Of course thundersnow is meant to be used as a combo with call lightning. You get the most damage if you wait at most 13 seconds to reapply the debuff each time then pop the last fifth one right away with Call lightning. but this is only really needed on extended fights like bosses or elite mobs.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For solo grinding/questing, you just need:

Downburst, Ice Bullet (max priority)
    For water mobs Sonic Boom, Cloudburst
    Reaper form (max each time)
    Lunar Guidance
    Lunar Shadow

Lunar Guidance is mostly for group, or if you're actively there while playing. If you auto for a while, it's going to drop.

Those are the only skills you need for regular grinding and such. For AoE you really need just two main skills for most if you can gather them up well:

Avatar of the Storm, Lunar Blessing. HP gather em up, hit Reaper form, Storm one next to you, Lunar for invulnerability, drop out and finish off. This is bare minimum, and really all you need for AoE if on a budget. Next would be Thunder Strike, then Frigid Thunder.

Everything else is just there to flesh out the character. Are there other good skills, yes; great ones in fact for high combo spikes. But you don't need them for playing early on, and going all out with them usually means agro grabbing anyways.

After these grab the other 4 AoEs, prioritizing Lunar Surge for its KB (great for PV soloing), then get the other single target skills and 59s. But those are much further down on the necessary list.
  • michikobaby
    michikobaby Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why is this skill so low on the list? It only has 1 level and the clone effectivly doubles you dps on normal mobs and quadruples it on ? mark mobs, it's a skill I would get asap when you hit 79.

The way I answered the post was, which skills to focus on leveling when spending limited spirit. Because Lunar Shadow is an easy skill to learn/max, that's why it was low on my list.

Honestly I don't know why I even included the 79 skill... I always get at least level 1 of every skill to begin with and this one does not take much effort to learn. They even lowered the spirit cost of 79 skills from 1m to 235k...

If this did not help the OP then w/e b:bye

- Moved Lunar Shadow