7.2 m/s every moment for 30 days. Items like this.

Options
Kahunny - Dreamweaver
Kahunny - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
I just got an item from completing Celestial Vale quests - Speed of the Moon

It's a special item and when you equip it gives you a special skill. The skill gives 30% up to 60% extra movement speed, based on your level, has a 1 sec CD and lasts for 1 hour.

In my opinion it's the best thing ever for casters. They can finally keep up with Meele's speed steroid without wasting Holy Path in instances. Of course the uses are not only for instances. At that speed you are moving as fast as a cheap mount everywhere you go.

Due to my absence from game, i'm asking you guys if there are other items like this, which buffs your speed for long durations (1 hour , 10 mins).

Thank you!
Post edited by Kahunny - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I just got an item from completing Celestial Vale quests - Speed of the Moon

It's a special item and when you equip it gives you a special skill. The skill gives 30% up to 60% extra movement speed, based on your level, has a 1 sec CD and lasts for 1 hour.

In my opinion it's the best thing ever for casters. They can finally keep up with Meele's speed steroid without wasting Holy Path in instances. Of course the uses are not only for instances. At that speed you are moving as fast as a cheap mount everywhere you go.

Due to my absence from game, i'm asking you guys if there are other items like this, which buffs your speed for long durations (1 hour , 10 mins).

Thank you!

To bad that is useless after lvl 60b:cryb:cryb:cry
    giphy.gif

• Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yeah, that item is amazing. I'm so disappointed that it's only for 30 days and you can't get more of them. As a Cleric, I WANT MORE. Holy Path is only so good until your genie runs out of Chi (which mine seems to do constantly)
  • NeonZephyr - Archosaur
    NeonZephyr - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yeah make one usable at any levels and give it as a reward from an event or something.
    That'd be wicked =)
    it should be because it is.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    moving faster when solo is nice of course, but when it comes to squad play - the classes have the speed differences they do for a reason. Barbs are fast because they are supposed to be in front tanking, bm and seeker get speed skills for much the same reason. sins are also a melee class, so they too get a speed skill. Ranged classes will have a lower speed because they are supposed to be the back lines anyhow, and a cleric shouldnt ever be running solo ahead of the squad - so theres no real need for it to be as fast as or faster than other classes. Granted at end game, depending on gears any class can tank pretty much anything - when you're coming up through the levels and doing actual real squad play (not just soloing everything in a squad) the relative speeds of each class just make sense. Where pvp is concerned, most classes get a jump, speed, anti stun, or immunity skill that can help them keep up or get away, though off the top of my head cleric and psy do not (except psy gets psychic will for phys immunity, mocking a genie expel). However, those two classes do have a variety of control and survival skills to back them up. Making all classes as fast as a barb in tiger form would be kinda unbalanced IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Clerics have no speed boost, and really, I've found in a squad that if I'm not keeping up with Holy Path, I'll get left behind, and 99% of the time when I'm left behind some mob that was either left behind or pulled, got outrun and reset, aggros on me, which results in me dying. With so many people spamming Holy Path or their respective speed boosts/teleports, if you can't keep up you're in trouble.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Clerics have no speed boost, and really, I've found in a squad that if I'm not keeping up with Holy Path, I'll get left behind, and 99% of the time when I'm left behind some mob that was either left behind or pulled, got outrun and reset, aggros on me, which results in me dying. With so many people spamming Holy Path or their respective speed boosts/teleports, if you can't keep up you're in trouble.

With all due respect this doesn't mean that you need a speed boost, this only means that you should play with people that care about their squad.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Generally yes, I do agree XD But that's kind of hard to tell before you get into an instance, and I'm not one to rage-quit because people are forgetting how squishy I am. It usually only takes one death to get help though.

Usually.
    Farm snowmen for chi stones
    That's what I've been doing for the last week or so!
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    i guess that all depends on who you run with. ive been with some people that run through everything to get to the final destination, letting everything reset in their wake to fall upon the slower moving squad mates. What that effectively accomplished was NOT making the whole run faster in so doing - because now everyone else has to fight what just landed on their heads. That is not an example of good squad play. That is an example of someone just wanting to get it done asap. When i do instances like abaddon weekly for example, yeah I'll pull a bunch of mobs up.. but I'm confident in what my barb can handle either solo or with help.. and the whole lot of em dies in a few seconds. nothing resets on anyone - and it actually works out to be faster from my experience. Dont even get me started on sins that just stealth an entire instance and leave the work to the rest of the squad. Yeah so what.. you got there first, but youre not doing jack to actually make the run efficient.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Kahunny - Dreamweaver
    Kahunny - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Do you know other items like these ?
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    well.. its nothing infinite - but a genie can be made for a triple holy path, then use any variety of speed apoth -> sun chaser, shadow binder, etc. it can be pretty costly to use all that constantly just to "keep up". Or you can stack speed bonus gear and get an archer to buff you. I think demon version is faster, and sage lasts longer. Of course if you use any other kind of speed boost aid while buffed with archer's buff - it will over write your long lasting speed buff. Same is true if you hit holy path a split second before an archer buffs - the archer's buff will overwrite holy path/speed apoth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I believe (and tell me if I'm wrong) that Apo levels 1, 3, and 5 all have orbs that increase your speed for a small amount of time. The best being the level 5 Charger Orbs, which accelerate you a TON for a respectable amount of time (still only seconds, but for longer than Holy Path I believe).

I say I believe too much. But yeah, Apo is the best way to go generally.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    yes, charger orbs do give the best speed boost. base speed pots (sun chasers) can be cheaper to acquire though. I like shadowbinders on barb as they boost me max anyway and come with an anti-stun for the entire duration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I believe (and tell me if I'm wrong) that Apo levels 1, 3, and 5 all have orbs that increase your speed for a small amount of time. The best being the level 5 Charger Orbs, which accelerate you a TON for a respectable amount of time (still only seconds, but for longer than Holy Path I believe).

I say I believe too much. But yeah, Apo is the best way to go generally.

When you're above level 90, you can do the Monsters of Xenoworld daily quest in OHT for 4 tears of heaven and some small EXP/Spirit/coin. By using tears, you can craft OHT armors that you can then decompose for, essentially, free perfect chi stones. Keeping up with this until you have a surplus is a good way to deal with genies going hungry.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    When you're above level 90, you can do the Monsters of Xenoworld daily quest in OHT for 4 tears of heaven and some small EXP/Spirit/coin. By using tears, you can craft OHT armors that you can then decompose for, essentially, free perfect chi stones. Keeping up with this until you have a surplus is a good way to deal with genies going hungry.
    o: Thanks for the info! Is it sad that it took me so long to get into OHT? (I was level 86 before the bump to 101, was only up to Silver Frost really in Wraith's Ploy). Things to add to the list of daily things to do.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Glad to help. :D

Some people don't even start the chain til above 90 so you're honestly not that badly off. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    sontzu wrote: »
    GG the ever growing list of dailies...
    Fortunately, unless you have a horde of alts needing genie/flyer food, doing OHT daily for a couple of weeks will see you in p-stones for a month or more

Just farm TT and delta. Problem solved.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    With all due respect this doesn't mean that you need a speed boost, this only means that you should play with people that care about their squad.

I agree with this.