New Classes - And an old reminder.

tsyfall
tsyfall Posts: 9
edited March 2015 in Arigora Colosseum
My friend said something very interesting. Thought I should share with you all.
People thought that sins were overpowered because of stealth - but it turns out they're actually OP because they can't be debuffed.

So people will think the new [ Duskblade ] will be overpowered because of paralyze but they'll actually be overpowered because you can't keep track of their cooldowns.
Just a reminder, here, to everyone to keep their heads level. This community has a tendency to vacillate quickly between opinions, and misinterpret what the future holds.

I don't know about you all, but the new melee class sounds like its going to be very boring to play. Every other class has some luck dependence on their skills, and this new class looks like it's not going to have very much of that. So, I predict that it's going to be like fighting a chess opponent in PvP - with enough knowledge, someone will be able to beat it every time. Oh, and I also think that it's just going to get rolled in mass PvP if it gets targetted.

I might be wrong, of course. But again, so might you.

I'll take a look at the arcane class, but my initial reaction is that it's just going to get trolled by Whirlwind.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xtoraah
    xtoraah Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ehhh, rumor has it, that the duskblade is very chi consuming without enough ways to gain chi, not to mention they supposably do negligible damage at end game level.
    I'm interested in seeing the Stormbringer at end game level, casting while moving (lol puri proc) could make a huge difference in both 1v1 and mass pvp.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Initially wanted to stick with the LA due to having most the gear but after the same rumors from PWCN I went for the AA instead. From what I can see so far, will be important to track what balls they have floating around them as it affects what their skills do in terms of damage and CC/heals etc.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    People also thought seekers would suck because no marrow and "only def levels for defense"...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • xtoraah
    xtoraah Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    People also thought seekers would suck because no marrow and "only def levels for defense"...

What are you talking about, seekers do suck b:avoid
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Better than archer.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tsyfall wrote: »
    My friend said something very interesting. Thought I should share with you all.

Just a reminder, here, to everyone to keep their heads level. This community has a tendency to vacillate quickly between opinions, and misinterpret what the future holds.

I don't know about you all, but the new melee class sounds like its going to be very boring to play. Every other class has some luck dependence on their skills, and this new class looks like it's not going to have very much of that. So, I predict that it's going to be like fighting a chess opponent in PvP - with enough knowledge, someone will be able to beat it every time. Oh, and I also think that it's just going to get rolled in mass PvP if it gets targetted.

I might be wrong, of course. But again, so might you.

I'll take a look at the arcane class, but my initial reaction is that it's just going to get trolled by Whirlwind.

DuskBlade should be hard to predict because the combo skills can go so many ways.

One skill > 3 options > 3 options.

They also have almost perma stun + sleep and a stealth escape skill that requires a spark, so far i have had no chi problems because the combo attack give so much chi its unreal.

Not played the mage though magic isnt my thing but i have heard good things.

DuskBlade feels like what Seeker should have been IMO.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    duskblade, i see it as a BM on LA gears no marrow and no tidal

a kamikaze support class? yup

kamikaze support thats it
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • chuksum
    chuksum Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wouldn't compare it to chess, but rather to rock paper scissor.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Duskblade has a lot of skills where they take no damage or greatly reduced damage while casting. I think with the proper application of these they will be interesting.

They feel like what sins would be like if they were balanced.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Stun/paralyze duskblades and simply wipe them out. Not that they could do much against it beside the usual genie stuff.

Duskblades don't even have a quarter of the stormbringers potential. They are as squishy as archer, who cares if they have some paralyze skills or even decent dmg if they can't evade whats coming at them.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Stun/paralyze duskblades and simply wipe them out. Not that they could do much against it beside the usual genie stuff.

Duskblades don't even have a quarter of the stormbringers potential. They are as squishy as archer, who cares if they have some paralyze skills or even decent dmg if they can't evade whats coming at them.

You have no clue what kind of potential duskblades have in mass pvp :-)
    Also in 1v1, they will be a pain and annoying, if played right.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nah I agree with Joe at the moment.
    DuskBlades are going to get their ***** whooped.

LA Class, Melee Range, very short stuns, very high chi consumption.
    They will probably be able to whoop on archers and that's about it.

Their swords do less damage than a BM's single sword.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nah I agree with Joe at the moment.
    DuskBlades are going to get their ***** whooped.

LA Class, Melee Range, very short stuns, very high chi consumption.
    They will probably be able to whoop on archers and that's about it.

Their swords do less damage than a BM's single sword.

You missed the keyline, if played right.
    You're better off not underestimating a well played one, and light armor, yeah, so are sins, their daggers base damage isn't high either, they were LA but their defense is high due to passive (or are people magically not ******** about that anymore now?)(inb4 but muh tidal)

Then again, you might be right, there's only a marginable amount of people that know what they're doing now anyway.
    Regardless, if in a TW with tiny factions and 2 level 100+ rebirth characters are annoyed by a 78 duskblade with level 75 gear because of the **** he's pulling on them with using the right skills, imagine that with G16 / R9rr in the future.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited January 2015
    from what i've seen from duskblades,

they should've been a ranged class,

their skillset it's just not good enough for them to go into close quarter fights mass-pvp wise

hmm perhaps for 1on1s this class is surely viable (but they get demolished by sins)

too bad at the moment the 99% of the PvP is mass PvP,

this class in mass PvP is awful, it has its CC potential, but way too squishy, doesnt cleanse, it's not very mobile... not viable...

i just heard that stormies have a 145% water\metal debuff...

just WOW,

if devs dug the grave to wizard class with NH patch, this one is placing the tombstone over it
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    from what i've seen from duskblades,

they should've been a ranged class,

their skillset it's just not good enough for them to go into close quarter fights mass-pvp wise

hmm perhaps for 1on1s this class is surely viable (but they get demolished by sins)

too bad at the moment the 99% of the PvP is mass PvP,

this class in mass PvP is awful, it has its CC potential, but way too squishy, doesnt cleanse, it's not very mobile... not viable...

i just heard that stormies have a 145% water\metal debuff...

just WOW,

if devs dug the grave to wizard class with NH patch, this one is placing the tombstone over it

Storm blades have a skill that can apply upto a 40% mag def debuff. Where did 145% come from?
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Storm blades have a skill that can apply upto a 40% mag def debuff. Where did 145% come from?
    - Cloudy Skies

Type
    Single target damage, debuff
    Range
    27m
    Chan
    1.5s
    Cast
    1.0s
    CD
    6.0s
    Chi gain
    Move
    yes

Deals 90% base damage, 170% weapon damage and 5887 metal damage.
    Reduces the magical defense of the target by 30%-40%, depending on how many lightning balls you have, for 10 seconds.

[+1 lightning ball]
    [Hazedragon = 33% higher damage]

●Demon: Reduces the magical defense of the target by a maximum of 45%.
    ○Sage: Channelling time is reduced to 1.3 seconds.
    - Falling Moon Strike (lvl 100 skill)

Type
    Single target damage, debuff
    Range
    27m
    Chan
    2.0s
    Cast
    2.0s
    CD
    180.0s
    Move
    yes
    Chi req

Deals 240% weapon damage and 9455 physical damage, applying debuffs to reduce metal / water defenses by 100% of equipment value for 6 seconds. For each ball you have of an element type, increases the duration of the same type elemental debuff by 3 seconds.

So demon Cloudburst plus the lvl 100 skill, assuming they stack as one is magic def and other is only water/metal def. Whether this equates to 145% debuff remains to be seen as equipment value and other details could be mistranslated.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • iperen
    iperen Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    You missed the keyline, if played right.
    You're better off not underestimating a well played one, and light armor, yeah, so are sins, their daggers base damage isn't high either, they were LA but their defense is high due to passive (or are people magically not ******** about that anymore now?)(inb4 but muh tidal)

Then again, you might be right, there's only a marginable amount of people that know what they're doing now anyway.
    Regardless, if in a TW with tiny factions and 2 level 100+ rebirth characters are annoyed by a 78 duskblade with level 75 gear because of the **** he's pulling on them with using the right skills, imagine that with G16 / R9rr in the future.

The whole "if played right" is a joke tbh. A pocket knife is a deadly weapon in the hands of an expert, but a machine gun in the hands of an idiot will still be close, if not superior. Not to mention that an expert with a machine gun will make a bigger massacre in less time then an expert with a pocket knife.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my Duskblade a lot. It's a fun class and I think it's viable enough. As you said, it can be very annoying. That by itself is enough to be a factor in mass PvP even if you're not the key figure. However, every new race came with 1 OP class that allows to get easy kills to attract players to reroll (the "only play OP class of the moment" players are important you know), and 1 interesting class that just scales among the rest.

Just look at the Stormbringer. It has everything casters and archers asked for in ages, from area-locked aoe's to big double element debuff without genie cost and not to mention the biggest phys def increase of all AA's next to a passive that already protects them. And they can cast while moving. It's the class meant to make people reroll. My Duskblade actually got me more interested in PWI again, but that doesn't mean I'm blind for the obvious.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If duskblades got a tidal like ability, it would solve like half of those issues.

Can't wait for the glorious QQ XD.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If duskblades got a tidal like ability, it would solve like half of those issues.

Can't wait for the glorious QQ XD.

Actually if you look at the duskblade forums sage and demon do get evasion buffs 1 similar to Tidal "demon" and 1 similar to Focused mind "Sage" Not to mention after reading this thread I failed to see anyone bring up the fact that duskblades do in fact have a passive

- Blood of the Nightshade

Reduce damage taken from ranged skills by up to 45.3%. The further the attacker is, the more damage will be reduced.

○Demon: Increases critical chance by 1%.
    ●Sage: Increases maximum reduction to 46.9%.

+

- Reaper Form.

Type

Transformation
    Chan
    Instant
    Cast
    Instant
    CD
    90.0s 

Invoke your inner darkness, transforming you into a shadowy Reaper for 30 seconds. Increases your attack speed by 20% and reduces incoming ranged damage by 21.3%. Reduces the cooldown of some skills.

Cost 30 chi.

○Demon: Reduces the cooldown by 5 seconds.
    ●Sage: Increases the duration by 2 seconds.

= Tankier than 1 may suspect.

What people in general have been missing is that this passive is also applicable towards magical damage. Making a Duskblade significantly more tanky than their light armor counter parts

Skills List : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1733501

I am certain endgame this class will be pretty deadly. I've defeated players r9rr +12 with my duskblade already and I'm not even near their spirit / gear / refine. Only time will tell its true. But I've played it in my head many times and there are few classes that will pose a significant threat endgame. ]
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ablabahabla
    ablabahabla Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    im sure db are one of the squisiest classes, but they aint completely useless.

in pvp their buff is simply awesome, 40% reduced dmg by crits so zerk crits get 40% reduction too ijs!

in mass pvp they will be the ones that gonna die fast and all they are there for is buff and ig, do some aoes and hide behind the lines again, still can be pretty useful.

But yes they will only be some kind of support class that is ment to die if they dont get their butts back in time
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    im sure db are one of the squisiest classes, but they aint completely useless.

in pvp their buff is simply awesome, 40% reduced dmg by crits so zerk crits get 40% reduction too ijs!

in mass pvp they will be the ones that gonna die fast and all they are there for is buff and ig, do some aoes and hide behind the lines again, still can be pretty useful.

But yes they will only be some kind of support class that is ment to die if they dont get their butts back in time

That's why I was saying they will be better if someone can plan things out to pick targets carefully. Making sure there is another enemy within range to use as a tp target to get out of firing range will do a lot to reduce the weakness of being melee. You can ping pong around even, with end game gear and weaker targets.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I personally think we shouldnt swing opposite of sins and totally underestimate duskblades either...

Lets face it, a class that has the ability to steal our classes most OP pvp skills and use them against you (hello qpq!) has major potential.

The problem i see is this class is not going to be your button mash-gear up enough and win type toon. And all success will be completely dependant on situation (ie opponent class, cool downs, chi available) and having the experience in that exact situation.

This class will take legitimate patience, skill, and learning. Once someone is able to truly master it though it will be a formidable opponent.
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I hate paralyze. They can lock you forever.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited March 2015
    I hate paralyze. They can lock you forever.

because barbs can't do that already rite?
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524