Need Class Reroll Stone

Asterelle - Sanctuary
Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Suggestion Box
We need a class reroll stone in the boutique.
Currently the amount of effort to switch to a new class is ridiculously high

1) Titles
2) Meridians
3) Nuema
4) Sky levels
5) Morai prestige
6) 105/105/105
7) Basic badges for R9rr
8) War Avatars

I'm sure there's lots more I'm forgetting.
This is way too much work to do it all again from scratch. What we need is a class reroll stone.

It would let you switch classes and lets you exchange rank gear for the new classes rank gear at the same refinement/sharding. This would help those of us with neglected classes compete in the current meta.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
Post edited by Asterelle - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Making a class reroll stone will help old players, but new players will still be stuck playing for 3 years before catching up to the vets. Theres just too many things to do. We don't so much need a class reroll stone, rather, they just need to cut down on how many stuff there are that a new character gotta worry about.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My question is, if wanmeis dare to add a reroll stone to the boutique, how much are players willing to pay for it?

60 bucks for an instant 95 stone is good enough (knowing how much time you have to put into it), but a reroll stone? It is sure worth over 1000 dollars (R9rr, nuema, meridian, prestige, skills, titles, war avatar...).

I support this suggestion because there is nothing more annoying than repeating things over and over for months, trying to catch up with the rest of the already geared population. But to think how expensive it can be, makes me laugh internally.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    Making a class reroll stone will help old players, but new players will still be stuck playing for 3 years before catching up to the vets. Theres just too many things to do. We don't so much need a class reroll stone, rather, they just need to cut down on how many stuff there are that a new character gotta worry about.
    Ehh I have trouble believing there are any genuinely new players out there and not just new alts.

Rather than going through the work of starting a new class people just decide to leave the game instead since all their effort has gone to waste. Adding a class reroll stone would convince those players to stay and might even convince old players to return.

I think just swapping the class and rank gear would be enough for most people. Sharding can be changed with flowing crystals if needed and skills can be reacquired somewhat easily if you already have the cultivation, morai prestige, and primal sky levels.

This would also cut down on the number of alts people have which keeps inflation in check.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • bukatotz
    bukatotz Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I totally agree with this, please make it happenb:cry
  • NeonZephyr - Archosaur
    NeonZephyr - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Ehh I have trouble believing there are any genuinely new players out there and not just new alts.

There are definitely quite a few new players but the shadow cast by alts obscures them.
    I agree something has to be done, I think something more plausible is to make primal levels, meridian, and titles (maybe morai and some of the other things listed) go across all toons shared on an account. Something along the lines of this would be nice, cutting the amount of work needed on new toons down.
    it should be because it is.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014

1) Titles
    2) Meridians
    3) Nuema
    4) Sky levels
    5) Morai prestige
    6) 105/105/105
    7) Basic badges for R9rr
    8) War Avatars

This is way too much work to do it all again from scratch. What we need is a class reroll stone.

It would let you switch classes and lets you exchange rank gear for the new classes rank gear at the same refinement/sharding. This would help those of us with neglected classes compete in the current meta.

I agree with you. I'm going to add more to the list:

*All Sage/Demon skills.
    * All Celestial Skills
    *All Primal Skills.
    *All Primal Passive Skills.

(Blood is farmed at a ridiculously low rate...even with UCH...after all of this time, I'm JUST getting my last passive.)

And that's not including smaller things like Wardrobe extensions, cupboard extensions, inventory/safe extensions, and several other factors.

Only thing that I will disagree with is that there are actually new players in the game. Two of them are my best friends in real life, and I've seen tons of players asking for advice on things that a veteran would know.

Aside from that, I agree. A class stone is in order.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Lovely idea. I can tell you how this will work out:
    - Player rolls demon sin
    - Player facerolls leveling up, nuema gathering (stealth), title gathering (stealth), and grinds dailies with ease.
    - Class changer stone
    - Player suddenly has a difficult-to-level class with full passives, and no idea how to properly play it.

That and the bulk of the old autoculti sins would be retooled to something more useful, with lower repair costs and greater usefulness. Like a wizard/mystic/psy/storm.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Lovely idea. I can tell you how this will work out:
    - Player rolls demon sin
    - Player facerolls leveling up, nuema gathering (stealth), title gathering (stealth), and grinds dailies with ease.
    - Class changer stone
    - Player suddenly has a difficult-to-level class with full passives, and no idea how to properly play it.

That and the bulk of the old autoculti sins would be retooled to something more useful, with lower repair costs and greater usefulness. Like a wizard/mystic/psy/storm.

I was wondering about it 'cause yeah some classes can get xp quicker/faster but well... it will all depend on the price of the item. If this is no cheap nobody will create a class just to level up or get nuemas/title/... faster (and anyway reaching endgame in nuemas/meridien/vitae will take a lot of time for anyone) and this will only be interesting for some veterans.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I was thinking that they could make different grades of this stone, much like how we have the Celestial Schisms at this point. Now people can choose to get the cheap one, but it only changes their Cultivation, or they can get the more expensive one and keep all of their skills.

Would something like this work?

- Stone that keeps levels/meridian/titles/skylevels/skills etc. but not gear.
    - Stone that keeps levels/gear but not the rest: skills, meridian, sky levels etc.
    - Stone that keeps everything.

Well, something like that. I'm saying this because I'm fairly sure there's people that want to change classes and aren't necessarily R9rr but still don't want to lose all that work for skills/meridian/titles/skylevels etc. and maybe they can't afford a more expensive stone; but they can farm their gear again easily?

Not sure, just saying.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    The gear thing really only applies to players who are in Rank stuff. That and Morai, I suppose. Most everything else is account stashable and, unless you don't have an alt with appropriate gear already (after all, this is more for vets than anything else) you really wouldn't need to have your gear get saved, so to speak.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    The gear thing really only applies to players who are in Rank stuff. That and Morai, I suppose. Most everything else is account stashable and, unless you don't have an alt with appropriate gear already (after all, this is more for vets than anything else) you really wouldn't need to have your gear get saved, so to speak.

Oh yeah, that too. They could account stash it to another alt while they are using the stone on one. Hence why I think we should have a cheaper stone that only transfers some things and a more expensive one that transfers everything.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No, take responsibility of the choices you made and deal with it unless you want a server to consist of only 1 class because that's the best one at that time.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Toddloveleah - Harshlands
    Toddloveleah - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2014

This is the circumstance already....all the new players joining...especially any dusks or sbs have to catch up to all the vets who out gear, lvl, spirit and everything them.
    No, take responsibility of the choices you made and deal with it unless you want a server to consist of only 1 class because that's the best one at that time.

Core amount of ppl already got sb and dusk alts now. A lot are quitting to be them because the new classes are so OP. RIP old classes. I cant talk much though I just quit bm to be a seeker.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Some people rolled archers when they played a role in this game. Nowdays archers been shafted expansion after expansion till they were nerfed to oblivion. Current meta no class should ever lose to an archer. It was not any players decision to nerf archers and some of us arent so keen to take responsibility over then actions of others(Wanmei). So why dont you go babble nonsense somewhere else?
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Toddloveleah - Harshlands
    Toddloveleah - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Some people rolled archers when they played a role in this game. Nowdays archers been shafted expansion after expansion till they were nerfed to oblivion. Current meta no class should ever lose to an archer. It was not any players decision to nerf archers and some of us arent so keen to take responsibility over then actions of others(Wanmei). So why dont you go babble nonsense somewhere else?

Sorry archer has some of the most amounts of end game OP players on my server. In fact I don't know of any other class I see people decide to end game as often besides maybe Sins. People don't choose fail classes that can't kill anyone to end game.

Your point is irrelevant. I don't think any class is underpowered to the point of being completely useless I think any class can succeed and be at top of server with some great gear/cards/skill/spirit
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Instead, lets allow the server to consist of 1 class with bringing conversion stones, because a certain class is most OP at a certain time, then when the expansion brings R9rr and sage/demon skills for nightshade, let them all convert to R9rr +12 JOSD/Deity stormbringers, because that's such a great idea.

Oh, the irony of people calling this game pay to win, but then desire an item that only adds to the definition of it.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • opkossy
    edited January 2015
    Sorry archer has some of the most amounts of end game OP players on my server. In fact I don't know of any other class I see people decide to end game as often besides maybe Sins. People don't choose fail classes that can't kill anyone to end game.

Your point is irrelevant. I don't think any class is underpowered to the point of being completely useless I think any class can succeed and be at top of server with some great gear/cards/skill/spirit
    Your first point is silly. Archers are good at killing people who are below them when it comes to gear. Equally geared, not so much. So if you have a bunch of archers that outgear everyone that doesn't give you any insight about the class because they're doing the same thing any other class that outgeared everyone does. On top of that, those archers have to KEEP that advantage to not get crushed due to being on equal grounds with their opponents, so they can't really abandon it. There's a reason a HUGE amount of archers have already rerolled though. They saw how bad archers were getting it and got out so they could catch up on a different class to get more bang for their buck.

Your second point is wrong as well. Equal gear and assuming there isn't a lack of skill, no current class should lose to an archer in a 1v1 unless the archer has some amazing luck while their opponent has a date with Murphy.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2015
    With regard to class distribution a class reroll stone would enable people to take chances with unproven classes knowing that they won't necessarily be stuck with them. Also classes that are overpopulated would be able to migrate to less played classes. Overall I think the benefits in retaining players and encouraging previous players to return outweigh the drawbacks of allowing more class mobility.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Chrisalys - Dreamweaver
    Chrisalys - Dreamweaver Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2015

1) Titles
    2) Meridians
    3) Nuema
    4) Sky levels
    5) Morai prestige
    6) 105/105/105
    7) Basic badges for R9rr
    8) War Avatars

Meridians, Nuema, Levels, R9, Avatars... those are all "Money grabs"

They want you to pay for all that again.

That's the reason why R9 is class restricted and not account stashable in the first place.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Great idea, doubt it will ever happen.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Illyn - Raging Tide
    Illyn - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Many of the items in your list are important to the economy IMO, but I think that titles, meridian and nuema should be attached to the account, not to each char. I don't think there would be any bad effect to the game.
    OFC I don't believe that will ever happen.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't agree with Asterelle's idea about just swiching to a new class with an item, but he has a point. It does take so much effort to play a new class. That's why I didn't bother with the new classes. What I enjoy the most in this game is the pvp, and nowdays to not be an insignificant bug in pvp, you need to first rebirth twice, get to astral X, get some decent spirit cards, get primal skills. So much work.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    get to astral X, get some decent spirit cards, get primal skills. So much work.

A lot of this would be alleviated if they just opened Drake instance to be accessible once a day for everyone without having to find it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    @ Asterelle How possible is this with the server and coding as things stand. My guess is hard work.

This seams to be an interesting idea. I really don't think carrying over skills and a few other things should really count. To be fair it would be nice to reincarnate as a different toon and have the gears convert or be able to convert them via an item given in the pack for conversion.

IE Conversion Pack on Reincarnation
    - 1 Source Reincarnation Stone
    - 6 Gears Conversion Source stones ( R9 Only? )

WARNING when you use this item all Setting will be reset for this Char.

On a side note I really don't like the idea of having the Numea and some other things carry over. But this would be up to the devs. This would also be a really good idea for people with no spaces left to make new chars.

really would need lots of thinking and ideas to go in. Keep in mind the reincarnation bit is just my idea added into the mix. Has to have a good story line...

get back to me and ill get this into the log files if you think its possible.

Thanks.
  • socean#3691
    socean#3691 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nope we don't need any more retardedly op sins on server. I guarantee u 90% of population goes sin.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nope we don't need any more retardedly op sins on server. I guarantee u 90% of population goes sin.

you know, you start to became quite anoying with this '' i hate sins'' thing you have.
    giphy.gif

• socean#3691
    socean#3691 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    you know, you start to became quite anoying with this '' i hate sins'' thing you have.

Facts are facts sins need to be nerfed. How about they make tidal not work in pk like they make veno hood and bramble not work in pk. Or remove these multi hit skills so they can't bypass charms when that's what most people need against sins. Or remove their almost perfect crit rate if they are allowed to zerk to. Sins are stupidly op it's a fact. Highest damage dealing class does not deserve the ability to lock like a bm. It's stupid only unbalanced class in my opinion and I would not want to give everyone the ability to recollection as one.
  • opkossy
    edited January 2015
    Facts are facts sins need to be nerfed. How about they make tidal not work in pk like they make veno hood and bramble not work in pk. Or remove these multi hit skills so they can't bypass charms when that's what most people need against sins. Or remove their almost perfect crit rate if they are allowed to zerk to. Sins are stupidly op it's a fact. Highest damage dealing class does not deserve the ability to lock like a bm. It's stupid only unbalanced class in my opinion and I would not want to give everyone the ability to recollection as one.

You have your opinion and that's fine.

Don't drag it into every thread, though. That's not necessary or appreciated.
  • AssasinPower - Lost City
    AssasinPower - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    You have your opinion and that's fine.

Don't drag it into every thread, though. That's not necessary or appreciated.

nice Mod lol... u just blah blah your own opinion how bad Archers are and now u want to shut other ppls mouths... may pwi should reconsider taking eployees which dont put themselfs over the community ?

If you would actually know how to play this game with every class you would realize archers aint a 1v1 class PWI aint a 1v1 game and Archers are great in mass battles like TW. Tho those Spirit of Defense Pots ruined the Game for classes which rely on purge :P

And for the Sins... its true they are OP right now ... u cant have a class beeing the highest DMG AND nearly the best CC ( only BM is better) AND nearly the best TANK AND nearly IMMUNE to EVERYTHING AND give it so much escape ability( 2 Stealths usable while in pk mode)....

and for everyone who says barb is tankier then a sin... purge a barb and compare tankyness then lol sin will outtank any purged barb and the chance to (purge/Amplify/Pdef reduce/Mdef reduce/do anything to prevent the sin from running away or even better stealth) is low .... idk how that kind of setup seems fair to anyone beside for the sins themselfs
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2015
    nice Mod lol... u just blah blah your own opinion how bad Archers are and now u want to shut other ppls mouths... may pwi should reconsider taking eployees which dont put themselfs over the community ?

Mods aren't PWE employees though. They are players that volunteer to mod.

I would add my comment on Assassins but that's kinda off topic.