59 skill supercell

Teramat - Archosaur
Teramat - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Stormbringer
Can anyone explain to me why supercell with 3 thunder balls can kill snowman.....If you haven't known yet; go and test it...the skill description says nothing about physical damage yet it can kill an element immunity mobsb:surrender
Post edited by Teramat - Archosaur on

Comments

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can anyone explain to me why supercell with 3 thunder balls can kill snowman.....If you haven't known yet; go and test it...the skill description says nothing about physical damage yet it can kill an element immunity mobsb:surrender
    Supercell cast with 3xThunder charges hits through elemental immunity even though it states it only does metal damage. Interestingly only one hit registers, although it says Supercell hits twice under this charge so maybe the second hit is "non-elemental damage"..

Quite a few snowmen were harmed during the testing of this..

At a guess, it might be because they read the few topics that exist in this sub-forum, and found out that way.
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think our translation is on error...

It deals 2x Physical Damage...AA killer lol

PS is there any chance we discussed this with you yesterday, in-game, on our stormies? :p
  • Leni - Raging Tide
    Leni - Raging Tide Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    To put it simply, a 3-thunder Supercell is like the metal version of Wizard's Blade Tempest, it deals half magical and half physical damage on a single hit.
  • xoinix
    xoinix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So I'm slightly confused. Does this mean that Supercell will hit harder than BladeTempest?

SC is 230% +5694 metal/physical damage.

BT is 200%+6200 (as sage or demon)

Granted the BT addon dmg is higher BUT the extra 30% with SC from the weapon damage makes a world of difference. So it stands to reason that at end game this skill will hurt more than the infamous BT....?
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Blade Tempest still hits harder. At least for now. The base magic damage goes out twice (as fire and physical). Supercell has only weapon and bonus as physical damage.

I'm still confused about the sage/demon version of Supercell though. That 25% chance to -something- for 30s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Tsukishi - Dreamweaver
    Tsukishi - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    personally i think the 3 thunder charge effect is the least valuable on this skill. don't get me wrong its still great damage but thats it. a big hit for 2 sparks. You get more damage in the long run with 2 thunder 1 ice charge i think. i usually aim for that effect in a boss fight, or the 2 ice 1 thunder for heal/damage reduction if they aoe enough or i get aggro. The freeze is situational.
  • caius775
    caius775 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    personally i think the 3 thunder charge effect is the least valuable on this skill. don't get me wrong its still great damage but thats it. a big hit for 2 sparks. You get more damage in the long run with 2 thunder 1 ice charge i think. i usually aim for that effect in a boss fight, or the 2 ice 1 thunder for heal/damage reduction if they aoe enough or i get aggro. The freeze is situational.

I think it is very valuable. I am a big fan of the storms and this skill hits very hard. Wizzes were the first to smack things really hard Ex. Blade tempest that was their finishing move then probably still now im not a wiz pro but from what i see that's their go to skill when they want something dead especially in pvp. Also 3 charges gives max mag debuff for cloud boosting the chance to kill even more combo wise. All Supercell's abilities are useful each has proven worthy to me in both pve and pvp b:victory
  • Tsukishi - Dreamweaver
    Tsukishi - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah i get what your saying, the 3 thunder charges certainly has that 'delete them' kinda burst potential for pvp. didnt mean to make it sound like it was total **** or something i just thought compared to the other effects it was a bit dry xD
  • scaela
    scaela Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    with the 2 thunder 1 ice charge, im assuming that stacks with the 33% you get from some skills if transformed?
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    scaela wrote: »
    with the 2 thunder 1 ice charge, im assuming that stacks with the 33% you get from some skills if transformed?

When I tried that add, the effect seemed to add to reaper form (33%+30%) as apposed to multiplying (1.33 * 1.30), which is still pretty good, 63% more damage per shot for 20 secs.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • allurahunter
    allurahunter Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just out of curiosity, is there a way to turn the charge off, or disable the visual of the balls flying around you?

Just created the character.
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    To the best of my knowledge, there's no way to turn it off for just yourself, or just for stormbringers.

If it really bothers you, you can turn all effects off character lighting effects in the optimization interface (the wrench above your health bar), then going to settings and under "Hide status lighting effects" click the box for apply to characters.

However, this will also stop you from seeing all other character lighting effects on you and others (wizard shields and bramble most notably, as well as the charges on other stormbringers in PVP, which may affect what skills you try to anticipate)
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • allurahunter
    allurahunter Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    To the best of my knowledge, there's no way to turn it off for just yourself, or just for stormbringers.

If it really bothers you, you can turn all effects off character lighting effects in the optimization interface (the wrench above your health bar), then going to settings and under "Hide status lighting effects" click the box for apply to characters.

However, this will also stop you from seeing all other character lighting effects on you and others (wizard shields and bramble most notably, as well as the charges on other stormbringers in PVP, which may affect what skills you try to anticipate)

That did it, thanks. :)

Maybe it's just me, but I like to LOOK AT my character, not spinning balls around her. :p
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    IKnuke - Harshlands Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Weird, that never bothered me.. lol
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Personally I like them, if I get into a fight id rather have to look at the middle of my screen for what charges i have than the little thing with my buffs. But if it works for you glad to have helped. :)
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • xoinix
    xoinix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Soz if this is necro but didnt really feel it was new thread worthy b:surrender

Now that the S/D versions and the r9rr weapons are out. Has anyone compared Supercell(physical hit) to BT's dmg?
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got Sage Supercell recently, and its pretty cool. It works much differently than I had assumed from the description. I believed that when it procs, it would cast the version you did the first time again regardless of your charges for half damage. It actually just works like a straight up second cast for zero chi using your current charges, so it creates interesting combo opportunities. It also seems to have its own separate cool down similar to the regular cast. Its like a separate skill that only shows up sometimes.

When it DOES proc, it pops up a second icon on the screen to click or press E to cast again. You can move it around assuming you have nothing targeted, and it will stay where you put it until you CHANGE MAPS. Then it goes right back to its completely asinine location which is slightly below dead center of the screen.

You can't change the keybinding for it either as far as I can find. Its always E, which not only has a dedicated function already but is right next to 2 movement keys that one might be inclined to use since mobile casting is a thing.

Its almost as bad as mystic plants, and how the icon for their timer gets put under the stupid golden chest icon. Sure you can move it around EVERY TIME you log in, but if I can manage to move my chan bar out of the way and have it stay there why does this have to be an issue?

Coincidentally the 2nd cast icon pops up right behind my chan bar, but I'm not moving it. I like it to be right above my bottom skill bar, right over my pet skills on my toons.

I would prefer that when it procs, the glowy icon replace the regular one on my skill bar. The time you have to use it again is already the same as the skill's cooldown. Why does it even need a separate icon? Its not like you are comboing with a different skill b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky