Arc Maintenance, 12/30 @ 6am PST

trailturtle
trailturtle Posts: 1,482 Perfect World Employee
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
Tomorrow morning we're going to be doing some quarterly updates on a number of systems, making sure that everything keeps moving smoothly. As such, billing will be unavailable for a few hours, and same with logging in to the Arc client. (If you're already logged in to Arc or PWI, then you'll be unaffected.)

Start time: 6am PST, 12/30
Estimated end time: 10am PST, 12/30
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Nice to see you around!

Quick question: Will those who bypass Arc be affected? I want to assume no since those already logged in will be fine but I'd rather ask to be certain.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur
    CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wrong times, why is the maint right now???
    The loudest person in the room, usually has the least to say... b:chuckle
  • girlcutedimplez
    girlcutedimplez Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    it like 9:30 pm monday december 29 im on server pacific time ok why am i not able to log into arc and get in the game to finished leveling my stormbringer it says arc be down from 6am-10am december 30 and that is way off because it not even those times yet so how can i get back into the game and i know i didnt do anything to get banned
  • DaSquirrel - Sanctuary
    DaSquirrel - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    it like 9:30 pm monday december 29 im on server pacific time ok why am i not able to log into arc and get in the game to finished leveling my stormbringer it says arc be down from 6am-10am december 30 and that is way off because it not even those times yet so how can i get back into the game and i know i didnt do anything to get banned

Getting same problem b:sad
  • mstoxicity
    mstoxicity Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tomorrow morning we're going to be doing some quarterly updates on a number of systems, making sure that everything keeps moving smoothly. As such, billing will be unavailable for a few hours, and same with logging in to the Arc client. (If you're already logged in to Arc or PWI, then you'll be unaffected.)

Yeah no... I was logged in already and it still kicked me. :/ also... it's 10:34 PM PST.
    1. I have a bad habit of using "xD", "xP", "omg", "lol" and "...".
    2. I also have a terrible habit of using shorthand (or "text talk") for a lot of other things. (ex. I'll say "idk" instead of "I don't know".)
  • girlcutedimplez
    edited December 2014
    arch server map crashed and we couldnt get that problem fix until like late the next day and now arc having maintenance on the wrong time and kicking me off i love playing pwi a lot and i dont do nothing to be banned or anything is why i dont understand why im always in the group to not be able to play
  • PatsyBanger - Archosaur
    PatsyBanger - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok someone buy ARC a watch or atleast hire them techs that cant operate a server. We was down what, about 14 hours last Monday only to have this issue reoccur in less than a week. Further we heard nothing about it last time in any posts nor was there any compensation for not being able to even do the daily log in for that matter. Not even an attendance note for it in other words. How in the world would anyone ever have perfect attendance? At this rate you would have failed it in the first month.FAIL
  • Savannahlion - Heavens Tear
    Savannahlion - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I strongly dislike this ARC system in the first place!!! Get your act together with it!!!! This stupid system runs in the background for no reason on my systems. There should be an option to turn this pile of garbage system off!!!! Not that it hurts my performance on either system. b:angry
  • girlcutedimplez
    edited December 2014
    is it suppose to be 9pm-10am starting december29-december30th is that the right time because seriously pacific time right now isnt 6am and it not december 30th yet and i failed to see why some of us kick off and cant log on arc...im sure someone can explain this
  • pyroframe
    pyroframe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Use task manager to turn arc off after launching the game.
  • girlcutedimplez
    edited December 2014
    i dont know how to launch game without arc i guess im little slow in finding out ways to do stuff like that lol
  • UnleashedxXx - Lost City
    UnleashedxXx - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    is this going on now?
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i dont know how to launch game without arc i guess im little slow in finding out ways to do stuff like that lol

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1683221
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • sixlllseven
    sixlllseven Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    is this going on now?

Yes.

It happened on Archosaur I wanna say an hour ago? Disconnected three times consecutively and then couldn't get on at all.

I had literally JUST started Lycaeum, too, kept connecting just to watch those stupid bears run past untouched.. I heard them laugh at me b:surrender
  • pyroframe
    pyroframe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "to avoid starting arc you can just delete the arcsdk.dll in your launcher folder" i can use google!
  • Savannahlion - Heavens Tear
    Savannahlion - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for the ARC turn off options.b:dirtyb:victoryb:surrender
  • riffraffz
    riffraffz Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2014

This part is wrong as i was logged in and it dc'd me from the game b:surrender
  • Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide
    Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wonder how much Lizard Squad would charge to straighten out the servers and Arc ? b:shutup
  • sheffix
    sheffix Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Jesus, something goes wrong and people just rail on the company. The game has just had a massive expansion and so there are going to be teething problems.

If anyone ever played or read about the launch of Elder Scrolls Online you'll know that it was littered with far more damaging errors than a few login issues.

The Arc client from what I can see is a white label solution provided by Steam (it looks extremely similar). As a result the login is probably affected by a third party provider rather than wholly PWE.

For those of you who don't know how to bypass Arc, use Google. Or the link a previous poster provided also details how.

It's not hard, stop freaking out.
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sheffix wrote: »
    Jesus, something goes wrong and people just rail on the company. The game has just had a massive expansion and so there are going to be teething problems.

If anyone ever played or read about the launch of Elder Scrolls Online you'll know that it was littered with far more damaging errors than a few login issues.

The Arc client from what I can see is a white label solution provided by Steam (it looks extremely similar). As a result the login is probably affected by a third party provider rather than wholly PWE.

For those of you who don't know how to bypass Arc, use Google. Or the link a previous poster provided also details how.

At this point in it's life cycle, the majority of players who still play this game are the most OCD nit-picky addicted monkeys imaginable. This is *exactly* how they react. Hell it explains about 99% of what you read on the forums, lab rats who have been denied their cheese for 45 seconds that go feral.

\some more rabid than others
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for the ARC turn off options.b:dirtyb:victoryb:surrender
    you can use the same think on patcher btw. just can't run the client through the patcher that way
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Elissaforval - Heavens Tear
    Elissaforval - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sheffix wrote: »

Has nothing to do with that. The whole west coast server was down along with thier website.
    Nothing to do with gamebugs or crashes. Don't talk for others or compare your terible at it.