So, you want to ini edit your character?

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    If they show up in the game but not in the default folder for INI files, do a quick search on your computer for just the name of whatever you saved it as. Odds are it's been saved to another folder for whatever reason but if it shows in the game it is still gonna be somewhere on your computer.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Krikzu - Morai
    Krikzu - Morai Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    If they show up in the game but not in the default folder for INI files, do a quick search on your computer for just the name of whatever you saved it as. Odds are it's been saved to another folder for whatever reason but if it shows in the game it is still gonna be somewhere on your computer.

Thanks. I found 'emb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mhune - Heavens Tear
    Mhune - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    When I try to use the earthguard skin texture on my human, it turns the face black in most spots. Can humans not have earthguard skin? :L
  • Andalee - Dreamweaver
    Andalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    When I try to use the earthguard skin texture on my human, it turns the face black in most spots. Can humans not have earthguard skin? :L

As far as I know you can't use the EG skin texture on any other class but the EG and the TB as well as you can only put TB tattoos on TB and EG's. All the other older classes don't work. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong and you can use EG skin on older classes

Face Texture Note: You can't use this to put Tideborn tattoos on older classes. However you can use it to put Earthguard skin texture on the tideborns or vice versa.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just close your eyes
    The sun is going down
    You'll be alright
    No one can hurt you now
    Come morning light
    You and I'll be safe and sound
  • Bimsey - Dreamweaver
    Bimsey - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Are we allowed to make our characters super fat and skinny now? I'm not going to name or shame anybody, but I saw a R9RRRRRRRRRRR Archer in NW last weekend that was super fat. ;)
  • opkossy
    edited June 2014
    Are we allowed to make our characters super fat and skinny now? I'm not going to name or shame anybody, but I saw a R9RRRRRRRRRRR Archer in NW last weekend that was super fat. ;)

The ingame sliders were extended somewhat during New Horizons last December. If you can get a character within those sliders, it's legal. Things that are too big or too small for the sliders to attain (they aren't unlimited now, just extended compared to before) are still not allowed.
  • xxcoolcatxx
    xxcoolcatxx Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This guide helps a bunch now-a-days b:victory
  • kirovallemont
    kirovallemont Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've seen some toons around with black eyes and colored irises. How do you do that?

Edit: I figured out how to add black eyes but no clue on how to make the colored irises appear.
  • chrissyheartsyou
    chrissyheartsyou Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've seen some toons around with black eyes and colored irises. How do you do that?

Edit: I figured out how to add black eyes but no clue on how to make the colored irises appear.

what you mean?
    Yup im back in game ya'll ;D
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♡●•٠·˙FoxiPwi.deviantart.com˙·٠•●Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  • kirovallemont
    edited August 2014
    I mean this: http://tinypic.com/r/ejzcya/8 but with colored irises in it.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I mean this: http://tinypic.com/r/ejzcya/8 but with colored irises in it.

Solid black coloured eyes is an eye texture that has no iris.
    Via:
    idEyeBallTex = 0
    You're not going to be able to get one in there, as far as I've been able to tell (my character uses that eye texture, so I've poked around with what to do with it quite a bit).
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kirovallemont
    edited September 2014
    That's weird.. I could swear I saw a sin with those eyes. If I ever see someone with those eyes again I'll take a screenshot and show it.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    clnEtE0.png?1

This? They just made the eyeball really small.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kirovallemont
    edited September 2014
    Actually, like this!

http://tinypic.com/r/2yvtbbn/8
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited September 2014
    Actually, like this!

http://tinypic.com/r/2yvtbbn/8

Yeah, same technique. I went more extreme with it because I was trying to hide more of the eyewhite. Just make the eyeball small and then play with the openness and vertical alignment until you have what you want. Different skin tones seems to have a small effect on the blackness of the eye, so take that into consideration. The reason those look like just colored iris is because he made eyeball white. Other colors would more obviously give it away.

• Ninuska - Lost City
    Ninuska - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Erm, so I'm trying to change colour of my archer's hair. But when I save the current look, the file doesn't save in my computer, in the PWI folder, it's only showing it in game.
    How can I do this now without losing my current look? And will it ever be fixed? b:cry
    I tried searching for it in my PC like kossy suggested in some previous post, but it just doesn't exist...
  • Jinxers - Dreamweaver
    Jinxers - Dreamweaver Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How do I get my winged elf male's ears to resemble the ear preset 2 for female winged elves? It's not as pointy/elf like as theirs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vodhawke
    vodhawke Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    b:dirtyME GUSTO TU DESCRIPCIÓN
    mod edit: I like your description!
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited October 2014
    Erm, so I'm trying to change colour of my archer's hair. But when I save the current look, the file doesn't save in my computer, in the PWI folder, it's only showing it in game.
    How can I do this now without losing my current look? And will it ever be fixed? b:cry
    I tried searching for it in my PC like kossy suggested in some previous post, but it just doesn't exist...

Kind of missed this, sorry. b:surrender For anyone else, you'll need to post this type of issue in Tech Support. My knowledge of this type of thing is well basic is probably giving it too much credit. Although I'd never tell someone "a blue one" when asked which laptop I had at tech support like I've seen some people do. Haha.
    How do I get my winged elf male's ears to resemble the ear preset 2 for female winged elves? It's not as pointy/elf like as theirs.

You can't.
    vodhawke wrote: »
    b:dirtyME GUSTO TU DESCRIPCIÓN

Mucho Gracias. b:pleased Lo siento pero los foros es ingles solo. Escribes en ingles o translatas tu espanol en ingles. b:thanks
    Thank you very much. But the forums are English only. Please post in English or provide a translation.

• Prologue - Sanctuary
    Prologue - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2014

the only way to get the ear ears pointier is to go to face > ears > 2nd option. If that's not what you are talking about, then, there is no way to change the wing ears.
  • nyxnemhain
    nyxnemhain Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I swear I originally had my character's hair pure black before, but after doing some color changes it won't let me go back to pure black; it shows up black/dark blonde :/ Is there any way to get it back to pure black??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nyxnemhain
    nyxnemhain Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nevermind, somehow I got it to eventually change back but I have no idea what I did x_X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Here are the hairstyle codes for the Nightshade race if anyone wants them. Only five new styles for each gender though, PWCN is getting lazy......

I have no way of putting them in Venus's posts, but I tried to keep her image edits how she had them. Enjoy.b:pleased

mnightshade_zpsd5433a43.png

Nightshade Males
    1)
    idHairModel = 1535
    idHairTex = 1529

2)
    idHairModel = 1534
    idHairTex = 1528

3)
    idHairModel = 1533
    idHairTex = 1527

4)
    idHairModel = 1520
    idHairTex = 1524

5)
    idHairModel = 1519
    idHairTex = 1523

fnightshade_zpsb398259b.png

Nightshade Females
    1)
    idHairModel = 1538
    idHairTex = 1532

2)
    idHairModel = 1537
    idHairTex = 1531

3)
    idHairModel = 1536
    idHairTex = 1530

4)
    idHairModel = 1522
    idHairTex = 1526

5)
    idHairModel = 1521
    idHairTex = 1525

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • XsugarlipsX - Sanctuary
    XsugarlipsX - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    is anyone else having issues with ini edit? seems we lost some hair styles in the hair choice section and i cant input hair codes in saved files or even make new ones. b:surrender
  • opkossy
    edited December 2014
    is anyone else having issues with ini edit? seems we lost some hair styles in the hair choice section and i cant input hair codes in saved files or even make new ones. b:surrender

The former is an annoyance with the new expansion it seems.

The latter problems are annoyances with the folder being read only. If altering that (right click the directory, select properties, uncheck read-only and then hit ok) doesn't work, you can always copy the file to something outside of PWI's directory to perform any edits you need, then paste it back in after you're done.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2014
    Here are the hairstyle codes for the Nightshade race if anyone wants them. Only five new styles for each gender though, PWCN is getting lazy......

I have no way of putting them in Venus's posts, but I tried to keep her image edits how she had them. Enjoy.b:pleased

mnightshade_zpsd5433a43.png

Nightshade Males
    1)
    idHairModel = 1535
    idHairTex = 1529

2)
    idHairModel = 1534
    idHairTex = 1528

3)
    idHairModel = 1533
    idHairTex = 1527

4)
    idHairModel = 1520
    idHairTex = 1524

5)
    idHairModel = 1519
    idHairTex = 1523

fnightshade_zpsb398259b.png

Nightshade Females
    1)
    idHairModel = 1538
    idHairTex = 1532

2)
    idHairModel = 1537
    idHairTex = 1531

3)
    idHairModel = 1536
    idHairTex = 1530

4)
    idHairModel = 1522
    idHairTex = 1526

5)
    idHairModel = 1521
    idHairTex = 1525

Oh just now seeing this. This is very nice of ya! I'll have to go in and edit the image to include these in a couple of days. I've been super busy and sadly away.

• XsugarlipsX - Sanctuary
    XsugarlipsX - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    The former is an annoyance with the new expansion it seems.

The latter problems are annoyances with the folder being read only. If altering that (right click the directory, select properties, uncheck read-only and then hit ok) doesn't work, you can always copy the file to something outside of PWI's directory to perform any edits you need, then paste it back in after you're done.
    ahh didn't even think to look at that ty very much b:cute
  • ailincita
    ailincita Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • Hairurai - Dreamweaver
    Hairurai - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wait, why did they remove the original races hairs??
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wait, why did they remove the original races hairs??

Because PWE is specialb:cute

You can still ini edit your characters and get it.