What do you think about our Morai skills?

Mahidevran - Archosaur
Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Stormbringer
No. They are not released yet. But we know that China already got theirs so we can judge them by their translations. I'll add level 100 skills too.

Moon Goddess' Gem (AEU)

Type
Self cast
Chan
instant
Cast
insant
CD
90.0s
Move
[instant]

Over 20 seconds, recover 400 chi.
Moon Festival Sacrifice (Morai)

Type
Squad buff, special
Chan
1.0s
Cast
1.0s
CD
90.0s
Move
no
Chi req

Reduce your physical and magical defense by 100% to give all squad members in 15 meters a 500% bonus to theirs for 15 seconds.
Sunset Clouds (Morai)

Type
Self buff
Chan
0.5s
Cast
1.0s
CD
90.0s
Move
no
Chi req

Shields you for 1 minute, during which, you are immune to purge 1 time.
The Holy Scythe, Cutting Osmanthus (Morai)

Type
Self buff
Chan
Instant
Cast
Instant
CD
90.0s
Move
[instant]
Chi req

Adds 15m to the range of your skills (no duration given, but I'd assume it's between 10-15 seconds like most other temporary buffs this class has.)
Falling Moon Strike (lvl 100 skill)

Type
Single target damage, debuff
Range
27m
Chan
2.0s
Cast
2.0s
CD
180.0s
Move
yes
Chi req

Deals 240% weapon damage and 9455 physical damage, applying debuffs to reduce metal / water defenses by 100% of equipment value for 6 seconds. For each ball you have of an element type, increases the duration of the same type elemental debuff by 3 seconds.

Not sure why do they have less Morai skills than other classes...it's a shame. I'm assuming their level 100 skill is their regular lvl 100 skill like Elven Boon. Three Morai skills and one AEU, one skill for each order? b:shocked

Anyway I think I'll get the range buff first and then sacrifice and then purge immunity (not sure if it'll worth it tho, I don't tw, but might be useful against while pvping with venos? )

PS anyone knows if there is a video of (one of) these skills?
Post edited by Mahidevran - Archosaur on

Comments

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't forget that bosses aoe purge at times as well. So use the purge immune to survive it, then pop the 500% boost to all party members giving them time to rebuff. The buffs still on you would still leave you well off, and if purgeable would be a great reset.

Chi one opens up even more combo possibilities, which will be nice. Extra range means stunning before they can get you, and being able to get inside range perfectly. Though the pet likely won't get the same thing, so your stun would come before its. And falling moon strike is just straight up love, so looking forward to that.

Gotta say, we have a bunch of skills coming where every single one is worth having. Can't rightly complain about that. And that chi skill fills a gap for a combo I had perfectly, so this is gonna be nice.
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Electrostatic Discharge's range is 27m at level 10, add 18 meters with the buff...45m. So we can curse someone with electrostatic discharge from 45m afar...that would one-shot anyone O.O

But I'm not sure if it would work like this way...that sounds too OP lol. We can basically hit anyone on the horizon :3
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Our morai skills sound **** inducing to me. Amazing for both pvp and pve.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Electrostatic Discharge's range is 27m at level 10, add 18 meters with the buff...45m. So we can curse someone with electrostatic discharge from 45m afar...that would one-shot anyone O.O

But I'm not sure if it would work like this way...that sounds too OP lol. We can basically hit anyone on the horizon :3

Depends on the CD, and if it lists X number of skills used. Then it just let's us get the first shot, as opposed to always getting last. Since most ranged have TP stuns, or disarms, or something that hits from further away than our normal range.
  • Mars - Morai
    Mars - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I can add that Moon Festival Sacrifice - Corona
    Sunset Clouds - Lumi
    The Holy Scythe, Cutting Osmanthus - Shroud and dat buff for 8 sec only.
  • Tsukishi - Dreamweaver
    Tsukishi - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I like all of these for the most part. However, i doubt i like anyone in game enough to ever want to use Moon festival sacrifice... lol ... of course you could follow it up with lunar blessing and turtle for a bit to be safe.

My favorite is probably Moon Goddess Gem because chi is a wonderful thing.

The holy scythe looks to me to really only be applicable in pvp because your range doesnt feel like a setback in pve so far.

Sunset coulds is kinda funny to me but let me tell you as a veno main; in nw many people will use stuff like absolute domain or ironguard powder etc. to become invulnerable if i even go into foxform near them. Sunset clouds probably isnt as awesome as it sounds for pvp; it will probably have a distinguishing casting animation and could even be displayed as a unique buff! There is alot of room for counterplay around that then, by which i mean a veno not wasting purge on you because it obviously wont work. maybe more useful vs an archer who might have a purge bow. My opinion is that its more useful in pve but not discrediting its value in pvp just yet.

Falling Moon strike is the "30 chi single target damage skill" cumulonimbus and snowstorm could never hope to be even if they trained in the hyberbolic time chamber for one year's time and mastered the fusion technique.
  • XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary
    XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sunset clouds probably isnt as awesome as it sounds for pvp; it will probably have a distinguishing casting animation and could even be displayed as a unique buff! There is alot of room for counterplay around that then, by which i mean a veno not wasting purge on you because it obviously wont work. maybe more useful vs an archer who might have a purge bow. My opinion is that its more useful in pve but not discrediting its value in pvp just yet.

I hope we might get a "ace in the hole" by having it be a undisclosed buff (no icon status)

we get to "gun and run" why cant we have buffs that no one is aware of b:laugh muahahahaha
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The level 100/morai skills are all amazing.

The lvl100 skill takes the crown tho...will male the fairy nearly unbeatable in selfbuffed 1on1s and even with buffs you have a purge protection. Might not be a factor against venos but remember: the veno can't purge you for a while then. Could be enough time to get rid of the veno. Imagine this vs classes that only got a chance to purge xD

The shield thingy will come in handy depending on the situation. Would be great of that increase for the party would be a new, unpurgable buff. That really would make that skill OP in supporting terms.

The range skill will be very OP if it works as I imagine it but we'll have to see which skills are working and which do not...electrostatic discharge would be unfairly OP. Imagine stalkong flag pullers in NW and debuffing them while being in safety...heck..they'll be dead before they can notice what happened xD

Btw...is there any info about the primal skills yet..I mean cmon..the skills we got now are already heavily powerful..just think about what kind of OP skills the other classes got and add something similiar to the SBs as well...wth.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • demansfairy
    edited January 2015

Btw...is there any info about the primal skills yet..I mean cmon..the skills we got now are already heavily powerful..just think about what kind of OP skills the other classes got and add something similiar to the SBs as well...wth.

Inb4 we get screwed over in primal skills like psys and seekers, calling it now.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Inb4 we get screwed over in primal skills like psys and seekers, calling it now.

>has insane OP skills right from the bat, without primal

So... how exactly can they be screwed lol
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015

Seeker got screwed with primals? Lol? They got some of the best if not the best primal skills from all classes...surely no elemination or mighty swing...but still. Those skills boosted seeker a huge lot.

We'll see what they get for the new ones (:
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • demansfairy
    edited January 2015
    Seeker got screwed with primals? Lol? They got some of the best if not the best primal skills from all classes...surely no elemination or mighty swing...but still. Those skills boosted seeker a huge lot.

We'll see what they get for the new ones (:

Well first two skills are just reduced chan time i believe, and then there chaos blade...f***ing chaos blade, It literally makes me want to reach through the computer and strangle ppl who learn this skill. Heart shatter already is a 50% amp, mind shatter is +50% crit and soul shatter is 150% damage AND 50% crit, chaos blade is a downgrade in every field X.X. There was another combo skill that looked really bad to me, can't remember the name atm (and I do play a seeker class in addition to several other ones).
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    Well first two skills are just reduced chan time i believe, and then there chaos blade...f***ing chaos blade, It literally makes me want to reach through the computer and strangle ppl who learn this skill. Heart shatter already is a 50% amp, mind shatter is +50% crit and soul shatter is 150% damage AND 50% crit, chaos blade is a downgrade in every field X.X. There was another combo skill that looked really bad to me, can't remember the name atm (and I do play a seeker class in addition to several other ones).

It was a great thing to get rid of the stances. That way you can apply all debuffs nearly at the same time and ofc use all their respective effects plus it fixed all the problems with Heart seeker, Iom Spike, aso cause now they are reliable what they havn't been with stances on. Shorter chan times are amazing. That way you dont even need BA to use QPQ and SS anymore. Chaos blade is also nice. If you are constantly running with only wizards/psys then the old soul shatter is definitly better...but team up with more venos/mystics and you will see that Chaos Blade is way better...especially on bosses with large HP. The dmg dealt over time is way higher with chaos blade compared to the 15 secs of Soul shatter...that is if the boss lives longer then 15 sec...in trials for example. See..they are all amazing. All of them.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • DeathenShada - Archosaur
    DeathenShada - Archosaur Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Could someone post the link for these morai skills on the original chinese site? I wanna try to find the duskblade versions.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Anything on duskblade skills ?
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tek1nig wrote: »
    Anything on duskblade skills ?

Ask this on duskblade subforum part pls.
    This discusion is about stornbringers only
    b:bye
    giphy.gif