Question about new Quicksand Forge armors and Weapons

shadowtwili
shadowtwili Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
Im curious about the appearance of the new armors in the forges outside the Quicksand Maze, namely the ones from the Shade's Embrace Revelation forges. I know these are armors reforged from the Morai armors and i'm curious if anyone has seen pictures of them and has anything to reference?

I'm hoping the armors that I saw on the new character creation menu are the armors you get from these forges and not from the others which require you to be rank 8...or rank 9 which I haven't seen yet. The Venomancer armor in particular intrigued me and I'm curious from which set does it come from? Or any of them for that matter...I'd really like to know.
Post edited by shadowtwili on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The armor/gear in the character creation menu is the PWCN rank 9 recast. It's not available here.
    Although I'm not sure how most Quicksand Maze gear looks like or the R8rr one, but judging by the icons I don't think they look like the chinese R9rr.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • shadowtwili
    edited December 2014
    That...unfortunately was my worst fear. I had really hoped we would get something nice for us non-pvp players with this expansion. Granted sure we got some interesting looking armors that require the Morai gear (I hope). I haven't seen anyone using it yet but the icons look promising. I really don't know...I'm rather disappointed that the CC gear we see is infact the new R9 gear and not something everyone can acquire with some effort and not so dependent on CSing it.

Well...i won't completely dismiss the idea yet. I'll give it a try with my Veno and hope for the best.

Thanks for the help though.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Judging from the icons in the forges, those armor sets will look like the free armor you get when you awaken your character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukishi - Dreamweaver
    Tsukishi - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That...unfortunately was my worst fear. I had really hoped we would get something nice for us non-pvp players with this expansion. Granted sure we got some interesting looking armors that require the Morai gear (I hope). I haven't seen anyone using it yet but the icons look promising. I really don't know...I'm rather disappointed that the CC gear we see is infact the new R9 gear and not something everyone can acquire with some effort and not so dependent on CSing it.

Well...i won't completely dismiss the idea yet. I'll give it a try with my Veno and hope for the best.

Thanks for the help though.

what do you mean by CC gear?

Also, ive done some comparing on base stats the 2nd cast morai was just as good as nirvy g15 in terms of defense. I think you get a bit more bouns attributes overall on the nirvy g15 but the Morai will offer alot more warding and slaying level than before so it may prove stronger for pve purposes.

also we dont know what the set bonus is until someone does make this full set, but the 1st cast did have warding+slaying level + 3% chan. Hopefuly that goes up to 6% chan :D

the morai weapon cant make a compasion with yet either since we dont know what stats it can get with each cast attempt or if the 60 slaying level will go up from the 1st cast.

The fact that the weapon base damage is slightly lower than g15 bothers me but 60 slaying level minimum i think evens it out for pve and its part of the set bonus now too. But the fact remains that the g16 scythe may still be better off to go with because it will certainly have a higher base damage.

Anyway im still very curious to see what this set gets you and may be making it myself depending on how hard or easy it ends up being to farm the mats.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Set bonus in database is so far listed as:

3 Warding +5
    4 slaying +6
    5 -6% channeling
    6 +600 health

Pieces are chest, legs, arms, boots, helm, and weapon. Weapon is the only one added on, which goes to 70 slaying level; making it the best pve weapon for DDs and tanks basically.
  • Sirkura - Raging Tide
    Sirkura - Raging Tide Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    as a free to play PVE player i was actually thinking of getting the 101 morai gear for my seeker and veno. its strong enough i can keep up with r9+ players in pve, i'm not much of a pker. the +70 slaying lvls is nice. if i remember its like 6 slaying lvls = 5 atack lvls on mobs. it was stated somewhere before... so it should be about 58.3 attack lvls + the bonus and adds from the armore would bring it up more. easily competing with gear that adds +60-65 might even be better over all for pve. - zerk strikes of course. i'd be curious to see what attributes the gears have or are they the same as before with better stats like r8?

also anyone seen the t3 warsoul in the forges? i know they were supposed to be added in pwcn but i havent seen anything about them. did we get them? or did pwi scrap them... it would have put it on par with r9rr again as the higher refines would have made up for lack of zerk skills Dx
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't know about the upgraded Morai, but here's the level 55 light armor set from the Genesis forge:

http://imgur.com/UApKH4X
  • shadowtwili
    edited December 2014
    I did some further sleuthing after posting this question and did figure out what it was all about. The Standard Morai turns into...what I like to call Primal Armor from the previous expansion. The armors seen on the Character Creation or CC for short. Which now leaves the question of what the R8 armor is. I checked the PWdatabase to find that my original question was indeed R9 as previously answered as well. Fun.

Now I'm no PVP person either, if I had known what server I was on when I first started...I might've switched sooner but by then it was just to late to care. Im still interested in the Primal Armors for my Blademaster and Venomancer respectively. These armors are the easiest of the new sets to make overall and are specced for PVE which is perfect for me and some buddies of mine. It does bother me that the new sets I originally wanted was R9RR or whatever you call it but...eh oh well. Im not wasting time or money trying for it. Its a colossal waste of time and energy.

Additional Note: Based on the icons in the forges for the new R8 gears, I can confirm that the armor seen on the new Duskblade and Stormbringer is indeed R8 instead of R9 like the rest of the armors on the character creation menu screen. So theres that to consider...but not for me. Theres still to much involved to get it and not really enough to warrant my time or interest in it.

Again thanks for the replies and good hunting!
  • hisoka4me
    hisoka4me Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    so for pve what is the best weapon now between . G16 , r8rr and morai newest version ??
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Judging from the icons in the forges, those armor sets will look like the free armor you get when you awaken your character.
    I tried to get pictures using a client trick, and the client rejected the change. I could do some running about on CN servers and see if I can find anyone to show off
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I tried to get pictures using a client trick, and the client rejected the change. I could do some running about on CN servers and see if I can find anyone to show off

That would be cool, to have screenies for confirmation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadowtwili
    edited December 2014
    For my price group, I'm not going to waste time on G16. I don't have the needed time or tolerance of mind to go through all that to accomplish G16. Instead I see a combination of Morai recast Armor and a G15 Weapon...as I see it you have a good chance of getting a decent amount of both the Warding/Slaying bonuses as well as the Attack Level bonuses from the weapon. On that note, the G16 weapon is probably the one thing i would exert the time to acquire. But thats probably the extent I would go for. But thats just me though.

And yes, they should've had pictures or something to show off all the new gears and not leave us guessing what they look like. A picture is worth a thousand words as they say. It would certainly make it easier knowing what were working towards acquiring..
  • filipenogueras
    filipenogueras Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What about new r8 recast set bonus ? b:thanks
  • koinamionly1213
    koinamionly1213 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Interesting. I've been thinking about what to do with my other 100 alts as I don't wanna shell out the kind of money I put into my cleric (which is the only char I intend on pvping with). I don't wanna just let them rot in tt90 gear and this sounds like a nice set to aim for for them since I'll probably just be pveing with them anyway.
  • joebaggadonuts
    joebaggadonuts Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    as a free to play PVE player i was actually thinking of getting the 101 morai gear for my seeker and veno. its strong enough i can keep up with r9+ players in pve, i'm not much of a pker. the +70 slaying lvls is nice. if i remember its like 6 slaying lvls = 5 atack lvls on mobs. it was stated somewhere before... so it should be about 58.3 attack lvls + the bonus and adds from the armore would bring it up more. easily competing with gear that adds +60-65 might even be better over all for pve. - zerk strikes of course. i'd be curious to see what attributes the gears have or are they the same as before with better stats like r8?

also anyone seen the t3 warsoul in the forges? i know they were supposed to be added in pwcn but i havent seen anything about them. did we get them? or did pwi scrap them... it would have put it on par with r9rr again as the higher refines would have made up for lack of zerk skills Dx

Not sure who gave you the bogus explanation, but slaying/warding levels are in no way related to or applied like atk/def lvls. The wiki has an explanation for all four bonuses and it is pretty easy to understand, even if it is not in your primary language.

sections 11+12
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What about new r8 recast set bonus ? b:thanks

Exactly the same as the previous set bonus.