[SUGGESTION/ISSUE] Kun Kun (!)

pasterhino
pasterhino Posts: 14 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
b:bye Everybody,

FIRST OFF! I just want to say: YES! I do realize this should've been posted in the ''Suggestions'' section, but I felt like this issue needed some looking in to, ASAP.

So, here's the thing; when me and my friend were casually playing a game of culti catchup, we came across Kun Kun; the (infamous) Lv. 100 Antelope, with 'just' 100HP, that is IMMUNE to any Magic Damage, whatsoever. Now, seeing as my friend is infact a Stormbringer, he had no other choice, but - needless to say melee - dps him down with his Scythe, hitting for 4 per swing..so, as you can probably imagine, this took ages, but that's actually not the worst part. The worst part is, that Kun Kun eventually reset after running in circles for decades, and regenerated all of his HP. Also, helping in hitting this thing would not help, because apparently the kill would not count, for neither of us. I don't know if this is just PWI completely trolling us (creeping through other sections of the forums, I could just sense the frustration this thing has caused among people over time) or just me and/or my friend being idiots. I'll submit a screen shot below, so you can get a general idea of the issue here. I think it is safe to say, that this is causing unholy hell for all the other magic classes besides Stormbringer, aswell. Please try to tweak this thing, ASAP.

Sincerely,
pasterhino

SCREENSHOT OF IT HAPPENING
''Knowing is not enough,
one must APPLY.

Willing is not enough,
one must DO.''

- Bruce Lee
Post edited by pasterhino on

Comments

• barber
    barber Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    used to be fixed by just equipping a lvl 1 bow on the magic dealers but dont know how you do it on the new classes that cant equip a bow

could just wait till youre higher then unequip your weapon and run up and smack it :p

find a couple bms and have them stunning it for ya might help
    banner01.jpg
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is working as intended.
    Also, clerics, venos, and mystics have no problems.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I killed him by hitting him with my scythe in the head, no problem.
    He will reset, yes, but that is easily avoided if you cut him off, forcing him to go in a circle.
    Much more aggravating are the damn flying mobs you need to kill for the Goshiki quest chain, but those are also do-able if you apply the same technique in order to not let them reset on you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    or party with a veno or mystic and have the pet take it down with one shot.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    He will reset, yes, but that is easily avoided if you cut him off, forcing him to go in a circle.
    Much more aggravating are the damn flying mobs you need to kill for the Goshiki quest chain, but those are also do-able if you apply the same technique in order to not let them reset on you.

+1! ^v^

Oh so true, Kunkun is easy to knock off.. When compared to that quest for those annoyingly Odoriferous flying pieces of buggy b:fatb b:fatb
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2014

^This.

@pasterhino

I have had no problems doing Kun Kun with magic classes. Yes it is annoying, but it's not something that needs to be fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I remember killing it with a baby psy by smacking him in the head with her sphere :p
  • pasterhino
    edited December 2014
    Whew..all those repliesb:chuckle

Yes, I get that it is working as intended, but indeed - as mentioned - he takes time, and the fact that he reset for my friend after smacking him in the head dozens of times, was kind of a letdown, if you know what I mean. Also, the bow idea doesn't sound to bad, I'll keep that in mind! b:victory

Thanks everybody, big help! ^3^

(And the Goshiki Wyrms, ah yes, I remember those, don't even get me started on them :C)
    ''Knowing is not enough,
    one must APPLY.

Willing is not enough,
    one must DO.''

- Bruce Lee
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Was hard back in the days with a wiz when he runs off and following him would aggro everything and its mother around it...

I have to try with BM stun, just tried with cleric and it resisted seals and sleeps, even though they were not elemental attacks.

edit: stun gets resisted as well, but at least the mobs around it don't aggro anymore.

Does shaving off less than 1/2 hp and letting the quest taker do most of the damage work?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    New classes should be added to the bow requirements. There is absolutely no reason not to. Do put this in the suggestion thread as you won't hear any answers here for it. Every other class either has a phys attack or can use the bow (except psy, don't know if they have phys attack).... Why not storms/psys too?

Just checked psy can use bow.. So it's just storms getting the shaft.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Was hard back in the days with a wiz when he runs off and following him would aggro everything and its mother around it...

I have to try with BM stun, just tried with cleric and it resisted seals and sleeps, even though they were not elemental attacks.

edit: stun gets resisted as well, but at least the mobs around it don't aggro anymore.

Does shaving off less than 1/2 hp and letting the quest taker do most of the damage work?

1. You can skip this quest as well.

2. It was simple for me, when I did it on my Wizards (I had more than 1 Wizard) and Clerics (I had more than 1 Cleric)

3. Exist quests, where player must kill fling mobs (immune to magic attack) and it is more challenging, than this.

I don't want to scare you guys, but here is quote about those quest. Danger !!!! Those mobs have up to 300 HP b:laugh
    Welcome to my Guide of the Legendary "Super Trout" (For those of you who didn't catch it... The first few patches for the Rising Tide expansion dubbed Goshiki and Dizzy's names incorrectly to "Super Trout" and "Aurosy" respectively, I personally think "Super Trout" is pretty cool :D) Chain released on December 17, 2009, the same day that the Area of the Tideage City opened to us all as we all went to try on new characters (Remember how laggy it was in Dragonfang that day? Good times, huh?)

Growing-up-Ceremony: Dexterity
    - Kill 5 Staunch Worms (located in the sky around 644, 119) MOB INFORMATION: Level 100, HP 300, Elemental Immunity, Escape Type Mob
    - Report to the Elder (657, 143)

Those players, which have not skills to move character or have ill hands (which is possible), can use low level bow .
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ...huh. I did this quest with my Stormbringer recently, and found that while it was annoying as anything, it wasn't impossible because...well, every time Kun Kun got too far away and went back to his starting spot, he never regained HP. I just had to cut him off constantly (not easy to do given how SLOW SBs are), and eventually after 3 games of chase the deer, then go back to start to begin again, I killed him because he just never got his HP back.

Now I wonder if that was a bug or not XD
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Staunch worms now have 5hp.

Yep, go see for yourself.
    V
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014

V

May be pwdatabase yet not corrected then

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/25736

And I will better trust in your words (can't verify myself).
  • dblazen
    dblazen Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Kunkun strikes once more.
  • Tsukishi - Dreamweaver
    Tsukishi - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Kun Kun is innocent and pure you leave him alone!
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    New classes since TB can't use a bow, but they're not hard to deal with..

Also:
    ID(int32)=25736
    id_type(int32)=25735
    Name(wstring:64)=Staunch Worm
    prop(wstring:32)=0
    desc(wstring:32)=No Attribute
    faction(int32)=1073741824
    monster_faction(int32)=1073741824

size(float)=1
    damage_delay(float)=1.2
    id_strategy(int32)=5
    role_in_war(int32)=0
    level(int32)=100
    show_level(int32)=0
    id_pet_egg_captured(int32)=0
    life(int32)=5
    defence(int32)=999999
    magic_defences_1(int32)=999999
    magic_defences_2(int32)=999999
    magic_defences_3(int32)=999999
    magic_defences_4(int32)=999999
    magic_defences_5(int32)=999999
    immune_type(int32)=458750
    exp(int32)=10
    skillpoint(int32)=10
    money_average(int32)=10
    money_var(int32)=10
    short_range_mode(int32)=1
    sight_range(int32)=2
    attack(int32)=100
    armor(int32)=1
    damage_min(int32)=1
    damage_max(int32)=1
    magic_damages_ext_1_damage_min(int32)=0
    magic_damages_ext_1_damage_max(int32)=0
    magic_damages_ext_2_damage_min(int32)=0
    magic_damages_ext_2_damage_max(int32)=0
    magic_damages_ext_3_damage_min(int32)=0
    magic_damages_ext_3_damage_max(int32)=0
    magic_damages_ext_4_damage_min(int32)=0
    magic_damages_ext_4_damage_max(int32)=0
    magic_damages_ext_5_damage_min(int32)=0
    magic_damages_ext_5_damage_max(int32)=0
    attack_range(float)=2
    attack_speed(float)=2.5
    magic_damage_min(int32)=1
    magic_damage_max(int32)=2
    id_skill(int32)=0
    skill_level(int32)=7
    hp_regenerate(int32)=0
    aggressive_mode(int32)=0
    monster_faction_ask_help(int32)=0
    monster_faction_can_help(int32)=0
    aggro_range(float)=50
    aggro_time(float)=30
    inhabit_type(int32)=2
    patroll_mode(int32)=1
    stand_mode(int32)=2
    walk_speed(float)=2
    run_speed(float)=3
    fly_speed(float)=3
    swim_speed(float)=0
    attack_degree(int32)=0
    defend_degree(int32)=999999
    common_strategy(int32)=0

current^ (I stripped out data that doesn't matter)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think Kun Kun should be made a world boss. 26 million hp still elemental immune.
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Epicness continues after 6 years he has risen once again to reek havoc on the weak and we must save the weak!

Just saw this in the script and it reminded me of the new comers.

money_average(int32)=10 coin
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    The Epicness continues after 6 years he has risen once again to reek havoc on the weak and we must save the weak!

Just saw this in the script and it reminded me of the new comers.

money_average(int32)=10 coin

This is protection from the bots.

They don't want to bot so small amount and will allow to do quest.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited December 2014

V

Yeah but they only take 1 hp from all attacks. And most skills they're completely immune to, even if they do damage (like Duskblade telestuns). Pretty annoying even with a melee class.
  • Kemonomimi - Morai
    Kemonomimi - Morai Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    or party with a veno or mystic and have the pet take it down with one shot.

party doesnt work, u have to solo it
  • pasterhino
    edited December 2014

No, you actually do have to solo it entirely :(
    Kemonomimi wrote:
    party doesnt work, u have to solo it

Just a general FYI for y'all! :)
    ''Knowing is not enough,
    one must APPLY.

Willing is not enough,
    one must DO.''

- Bruce Lee