Duskblade Discussions

Options
sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited June 2015 in Duskblade
Here is your new forum section for you to all discuss anything and everything Duskblade. Same rules still apply, so have fun!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Finally! Thanks for making this sub section even though you've been busy!b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • thelastbarb1
    thelastbarb1 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I am absolutely in love with this class. With Bloodpaint on, we can solo PV easy since we have so many AOE!!
  • hiyoga789
    hiyoga789 Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Ill just get to the point..So after carefully observing duskblades skills from Asterelle's Tread (very usefull ty) I found out some major problems with the class in the PVP aspect of the game,it seems to me that this class will be quite helpless against its arch rival assassins considering they depend on controll skills to kill their targets which as we all know assassins are next to imune when it comes to debuffing and controlling atleast for the next 60 seconds, another problem is assassins DD...it kinda seems like a joke when your askin a melee fighter with low defence to go against an assassin with out tidal,deaden or atleast leaps... just imagin this class against stun lock classes such as sins(as mentioned) BM,clerics,psys etc etc.

Duskblades do have an anti stun skill that lasts 15 secs:- which for me isn't enough considering bms can just paralize you and enjoy free hits for the next 7.5 secs or 9 secs w/e or any other class with out paralize like assassins can just kit with their tidal up good luck trying to stop them.

Duskblades do have a skill that makes them unable to be targeted for the next 10 secs:- Remember they also can't attack during that period gives their target enough time to launch plan B and have your death await you by the time you come out of your ''shadow''

Duskblades do have stealth which gives them max speed for a short period of time:- Just lol sins higher lvl then you can see you.. tele stun followed by lifehunter your grave is ready. OH so do seekers and mystics.

Duskblades can use genie skills like faith to survive stun lock :- So can other classes and considering their lack of anti debuff skills they will be forced to use it faster then other classes for sure giving your enmy the uper hand.

Only thing i see positive about duskblade is their high damage scale they might be able to 1 shot LA and AA from time to time also harder to tank with their fast casting skills and combos,well timed stun locks etc.They lack the most important survival skills such as leap,tidal etc even HA such as seeker and bms get such skills for a short period of time, what makes things even worse is they are LA and lack defence against melee attacks.I dont know much about their primals but we can only wait and see lol.

I am willing to listen to other conclusions about the class that i maybe wrong about but please lol insults will be ignored so don't waste your time i know its alittle early to doubt the class but hey ? people have their doubts considering how pvp has evolved, with that being said id like to say i love duskblade i play one my self and ty for your time ^_^ PEACE.
  • scythecaster
    scythecaster Posts: 23
    edited December 2014
    Options
    thier morai skills have yet to be seen either, who knows.. maybe they'll get a super op AEU skill or something b:laugh

you're forgetting about thier passives though (reduce dmg depending on how far away your target is) which would be able to help them survive quite a bit longer against other aa/la ranged classes.

This class will likely be targeting the casters and archers rather than going full on with melee classes.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    hiyoga789 wrote: »
    Ill just get to the point..So after carefully observing duskblades skills from Asterelle's Tread (very usefull ty) I found out some major problems with the class in the PVP aspect of the game,it seems to me that this class will be quite helpless against its arch rival assassins considering they depend on controll skills to kill their targets which as we all know assassins are next to imune when it comes to debuffing and controlling atleast for the next 60 seconds

Tidal ****s over everyone, but at least this class has plenty of control skills to try their luck at bypassing it. SOMETHING has to go through at some point.

another problem is assassins DD...it kinda seems like a joke when your askin a melee fighter with low defence to go against an assassin with out tidal,deaden or atleast leaps...

We don't have much defense as LAs, but cutting down their crit rate does even the odds a little in terms of survival against a dex based class. Also, we do have two (refreshable and abusable) target jumps, a Reel In (which also paralyzes for a second), and two ranged CCs (though one only goes off if the target doesn't act) because we're meant to constantly stick onto our targets much moreso than relenting when something goes awry.
    just imagin this class against stun lock classes such as sins(as mentioned) BM,clerics,psys etc etc.

With all of the quick paralysis and stuns we have, they'll have a difficult time counter stunning a duskblade who's keeping up their pressure, likely being forced to go on the defensive to break our own lock first
    Duskblades do have an anti stun skill that lasts 15 secs:- which for me isn't enough considering bms can just paralize you and enjoy free hits for the next 7.5 secs or 9 secs w/e or any other class with out paralize like assassins can just kit with their tidal up good luck trying to stop them.

15 seconds is plenty. A BM can paralyze you, sure, but that and Blade Hurl/Smack would be the only CC they can employ during. Tidal is still ridiculous, but its still just a (good) chance of status negation. Nothing guaranteed.

[
    Duskblades do have a skill that makes them unable to be targeted for the next 10 secs:- Remember they also can't attack during that period gives their target enough time to launch plan B and have your death await you by the time you come out of your ''shadow''

It also can stalemate someone who's IG'd while conserving yours or allow a cooldown of some of the longer skills to tick away.
    Duskblades do have stealth which gives them max speed for a short period of time:- Just lol sins higher lvl then you can see you.. tele stun followed by lifehunter your grave is ready. OH so do seekers and mystics.}

>Sins at a higher level can see you
    The same argument can be made about lower leveled sins not seeing you. I'd like to see how it works at equal levels (especially with sage/demon versions) before commenting further on that. Tbh, the stealth run is too brief for a Seeker or Mystic to really bother using their Detection Skill.
    Duskblades can use genie skills like faith to survive stun lock :- So can other classes and considering their lack of anti debuff skills they will be forced to use it faster then other classes for sure giving your enmy the uper hand.

In a Duskblade's case, a good offense also serves as our defense With all of the stuns and paralyzes that we can use (and the lengthy Disarm/Sleep, too), the enemy will be pushed to using their defensive skills/items far faster than we would, and for each, there are answers. Faith [Stealth this, the duration is pretty short], Expel [You can still paralyze /sleep through this or even mark them with the ranged stun while they're sealed], AD [Wait for invulnerability to end and then paralyze/sleep], ect.

That's the way I see it, anyway.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    People are going to remain entirely sure this class is going to suck until they come across a good duskblade. I'm hearing the samr arguments but it's because people aren't thinking outside the box. People think of stealth as how sins and archers use it, this stealth is different. They think of teleports as sins use them, dusk teleports are mostly movement (yes even the paralyze). Euthymius is pretty much spot in. This class is NEW, so the way similar skills are used is also

■ <- that is the box.

This is where you should be thinking.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • dark8hamster
    dark8hamster Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Whatdo you think about stones in armor that increased p.def? DB already has good protection of AA-classes (L/Armor + passive skill reduce 50% dmg), but has no skills that could protect from HA classes like barb seeker sin and bm.
    Sorry for my english, I'm from Russia b:surrender
  • Suikyo - Raging Tide
    Suikyo - Raging Tide Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The class is pure fun.. But we havr no sounds(at least male dusk) well, this thing can be think of a very strong mass pvp class, i see lots and lots of potential..
  • xabaxtian1
    xabaxtian1 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Duskblade is op when they use combos and stun u can be alive b:shocked
  • ctstew
    ctstew Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I desided to add my 2.5 cents worth to the discussion......

As far as I see so far;

The Duskblade class uses Light Armor and DEX is the main power stat.

Since the new classes have not been added to the current available HA, LA, AA armor and weapons, build variations are very limited.

The High DEX and powerful attack skills make a character that kills hard and fast.

The high DEX also makes the class weak with low HP and it has no help to boost HP during battle with a skill like BP.

The low HP makes this class weak against powerful bosses that hit hard and especially bosses with AOE attacks.

HP and VIT shards will help but will not give enough HP and Defense.

The powerful attack skills come with a cost of heavy Mana drain that depletes Mana quickly so continuous fighting is severely restricted. Mana pots and Charm will help but are eaten up with a continuous need for more Mana.
    I have tried using a Tome and Armor with high MP regeneration and maybe Mana shards will help but these are not end game solutions.

No optimal solutions to the low HP and Mana drain at this point.

At this point, I can't see Duskblades being a major player in PVP and only the very skilled will be able to do well in 1 vs 1 PVP. I do do see this character as good in mob grinding and in helping squads or even TW with their buffs and fast damage output.

I was hoping the new classes would introduce the open build concepts into the game but PWI fails to see to this as what I believe is the future to game character building.
  • mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I think the duskblade's greatest strength will be its unpredictability and ability to adapt to situations..They are not like most of the other classes that have a general combo for charm bypass set method of PKing...It is an extremely complex class tailored toward strategic players. All the skill have not been released yet but they certainly have skill set to be the new 1v1 kings...One issue i foresee as far as group pvp goes will be granting the other classes the anti-crit buff. However, that is a dual edge sword and topic for another thread.
  • ctstew
    ctstew Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I like the Duskblade and it has nice skills but I was wondering how you make the skills that have combos work? Skills like Everlasting Ode and Winged Dragon are darkened out and I cant activate them even though I have those skills leveled. It also says "Default Hot Key Q" but Q is for the Quest Log.
    Can some one help me out and tell me how to get these skills to function?

I also think the Duskblade is a little to squishy if you use a pure build of mostly DEX. Especially with AOE attack bosses
  • bearcalledpooh
    bearcalledpooh Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I think the duskblade's greatest strength will be its unpredictability and ability to adapt to situations..They are not like most of the other classes that have a general combo for charm bypass set method of PKing...It is an extremely complex class tailored toward strategic players. All the skill have not been released yet but they certainly have skill set to be the new 1v1 kings...One issue i foresee as far as group pvp goes will be granting the other classes the anti-crit buff. However, that is a dual edge sword and topic for another thread.

What do you mean with the buff being a double edged sword?, I didn't get that part
  • mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My analysis is endgame based....Imagine trying to kill one of those fully buffed 40k+ hp barbs,seekers,or arcane classes with close to 40kpdef(damn cards) with 60+ def lvls(minimum) that is charmed....the only way you are going to kill them is with consecutive crits....Dex based classes rely on crits to burst targets down while keeping them CC'd..If other classes can get your buff you just put yourself at a disadvantage damage wise...It is also why i believe other classes should not be able to receive other classes buffs in pvp...It's no longer your skill that you are using and some classes clearly have an advantage over most classes when they are both fully buffed. To add insult to injury anti-crit cant be purged in duels or open pvp(tested).

OP argue that this gives other classes a chance against archers/sins.....If this is true then its probably the reason duskblades are not doing so hot endgame on the chinese servers. Ironically, the class may have critically wounded itself with a buff that is supposed to nerf crits. I would also like to add that this class is more counter-archer than anything...the only things they really have going for them against sins aside from crit nerf is the possibility that the paralyze status completely bypasses tidal protection with its bizarre mechanics.

My suggestion for PWI would be to change the skill to only grant the pve aspect of the buff while in squad and function exclusively as a self buff in pvp.
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ctstew wrote: »
    I like the Duskblade and it has nice skills but I was wondering how you make the skills that have combos work? Skills like Everlasting Ode and Winged Dragon are darkened out and I cant activate them even though I have those skills leveled. It also says "Default Hot Key Q" but Q is for the Quest Log.
    Can some one help me out and tell me how to get these skills to function?

I also think the Duskblade is a little to squishy if you use a pure build of mostly DEX. Especially with AOE attack bosses

You need to open the combo with Galemark. After that, the other skills should pop up on screen and be able to be used.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    In my opinion, duskblades are the highest mobility class in the gam . I started this new expansion with the stormbringer, running and channeling is OP and great mobility. However, After playing the duskbblade class, it seems Nightshades in general are extremely mobil . The cooldown on the tele jump when you kill the target is insan .

The faster you burst and kill, the faster you can jump to the next target for your next kill. I play a sin as my main; the class known for burst and lockdown. The skill format of the duskblade, seems like a hybrid between seekers and sin . Seems to be a much more upfront attacker like seeker, but the lockdown and jumping mobility of a si .

As r9 gets released and people finish 2rd rebirth and 3rd cast gears. Duskblades are going to be really powerful and burst killing a lot of peopl .

Their weakness however is going to be suvivability. Once you start jumping on all your targets, the moment someone gets sight of you they will burst you down hard whether it . A psy or archer . The massive damage is always a weakness for the lightarmor clas . They are going to have to still go for fast pick offs and will need to build genie and gear towards survivabilt . Assuming, like physical classes, the will have GoF on R9
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    What do you mean with the buff being a double edged sword?, I didn't get that part

Because while it helps duskblades themselves live easier, it's also a buff that is squad based. And if the squad travels together (TW/NW), that means your OP enemies you're trying to take down will likely have that reapplied each time it is necessary. And since DB is a high crit class, that means it screws the burst damage capability trying to kill someone with the buff on.

You survive easier, but so does your target.
  • jacobjc
    jacobjc Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am absolutely in love with this class. With Bloodpaint on, we can solo PV easy since we have so many AOE!!

at what round about lvl? i seem to struggle
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If you've gotten the quicksand maze gear for your level, you should be good in PV (with bloodpaint or decent buffs) at least up until 94. It's really nice gear for pve.
  • Medens - Harshlands
    Medens - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You know something went terribly wrong with new classes when dusk with r9rr unrefined wep and less than 500 spirit does 13.5k on fully buffed (bell and all) r9rr cleric with 770 spirit. I wasn't debuffed or anything, just standing in aoe range - and no, he didn't spark. For comparison, r9rr+12 barb with both S 80/80 spirit cards hits me 6k with arma when i'm self buffed.

You might say it was zerk crit (which it probably was), but take into consideration yet again that the wep has no refine and is unsharded. Discuss!
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You know something went terribly wrong with new classes when dusk with r9rr unrefined wep and less than 500 spirit does 13.5k on fully buffed (bell and all) r9rr cleric with 770 spirit. I wasn't debuffed or anything, just standing in aoe range - and no, he didn't spark. For comparison, r9rr+12 barb with both S 80/80 spirit cards hits me 6k with arma when i'm self buffed.

You might say it was zerk crit (which it probably was), but take into consideration yet again that the wep has no refine and is unsharded. Discuss!

You have like +4 armors and are presumably pure mag. That's why.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Medens - Harshlands
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This is my char (meridians missing): http://mypers.pw/1.6/#84624 . But still, dmg compared to old classes is still insane even if i had worse gear. That's why I gave comparison with the barb.

Another comparison: r9rr+12 archer with 840 spirit critted me for 10.9k when I was self buffed.
  • Epikhai - Sanctuary
    Epikhai - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    seems about right, i have an unrefined r999 weapon on my duskblade, and he was probably using his 100 skill, saber beads, to give him 50% more crit damage. And plus, he may have hit you with motionless move right after he used night owl, which increases that attack by another 35% (40 if demon).
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This is my char (meridians missing): http://mypers.pw/1.6/#84624 . But still, dmg compared to old classes is still insane even if i had worse gear. That's why I gave comparison with the barb.

Another comparison: r9rr+12 archer with 840 spirit critted me for 10.9k when I was self buffed.

Your hp/pdef is terrible. Should restat to vit/mag build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Medens - Harshlands
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The point I was trying to make here was that the damage duskblade deals compared to other classes is ridiculously high, no matter how much defense, HP or any other attribute one might have.
  • detrion10
    detrion10 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Duskblades have an amp skill. I dont know how much it amps but you probably did not realize that amp on you. Seekers can hit people for 30ish k easy. Thats because they can debuff too. Debuffs dont make a class OP. You can always purify or block those debuffs. Also, a 13.5k ZC is more like a 3.X k normal hit which is not too much. The Barb who hit you with an arma for 6-7k probably hit you without a zerk or a crit which is how much decent geared barbs deal with arma. That skill is based more on crits and zerks.
  • Medens - Harshlands
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Wrong, I wasn't debuffed. I just happened to stand in AOE range when that Duskblade was dualing somebody else. 13k+ indeed wouldn't be much but you are once again forgetting to take both gear and spirit into consideration. Any other class wouldn't and hasn't until now get near that number with r9rr+0 weapon and 400ish spirit.

Since seeker was mentioned, the most damage r9rr+12 seeker with 300ish spirit did on me was like 5-6k (zerkcrit) when I was debuffed. And that's still much better gear than the above mentioned dusk.
  • detrion10
    detrion10 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I guess the seeker did not get the combo right. Either way, the class is not OP. I am pretty sure you were debuffed or another possibility is that the dusk was Triple sparked. If you are going to say that I am wrong on both instances then feel free to Pm me ingame and il prove you wrong. Also mention the name of the dusk that hit you.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    He was hit by my AOE Fully Charged Slash of the pride (Sage) - I won't be refining any of my gear or weapon until I get the proper rolls for them that I want - I want a 25 attack level weapon b:cool
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Well there you go, you got hit by a move where he stands still and charges for 3 seconds. What about that *doesn't* sound like it will do a lot of damage?