PROs and CONs of Duskblade/Stormbringer?

Deceptistar - Sanctuary
Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
Kinda hard to decide which to play first, since we dont have a class forum yet its hard to dig up info on them b:cry

Have pple started to get the hang of playing these jobs and if so could spare some opinions on their pro/con?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
Post edited by Deceptistar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    they both sux

1.Vanilla classes

2.barb
    3.barb
    4.barb

rest
  • scythecaster
    scythecaster Posts: 23
    edited December 2014
    they both sux

1.Vanilla classes

2.barb
    3.barb
    4.barb

rest
    Because a class that can move while casting and has a skill that deals damage to targets AS they move isn't op...ya ok.

Duskblade PROS: fantastic spammable telestun
    ranged sleep that has 15s CD
    deadly combo skills that can really mess up players if you know what your doing
    passive that reduces ranged damage by a lot and depending on how far your target is away from you (anti-archer, maybe anti-mage?)
    can get aps easier with reaper mode
    squad buff reduces crit damage taken (anti-sin and archer) and a non-pvp boost to skills (kind of like a seekers heart/soul shatter)
    CONS: some skills are ONLY useable when a previous skill is used
    most skills are melee distance only (not any surprize)
    no speed boosting skill

DO note that this is not everything a dusk can do, this is just what i've noticed at the point where i am with my toon.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How move while casting can help in Phoenix Valley, if caster will be silenced ?

I say about Stormbringer, of course.

Also he is not protected against damage from enemies, which attack while he move:
    archers and mages.
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'll talk for Stormbringers, as I didn't make a Duskblade YET.

Pros:
    Casting while moving (obviously). It's so fun and I soloed so many mini-bosses, that I can't solo with a psy or a wiz.
    Anti-stun.
    Stun, magic dec. debuff, confusion, slow and slow channeling debuffs. Interrupt.
    Throwable AoEs <3
    Fast channeling
    squad buff and passive that reduces melee damage + reaper mode = highest survivability against melee

Cons:
    Low HP (it's true for all DD magic classes so...)
    Chi, sometimes it takes time to build up chi but you can live without it. I use Lunar Guidance to build chi.
    Slooow. Their speed is same as any other mage. 4.8. Which is a letdown when all your power depends on your speed. But it's ok.
    As the mobile skills hit less than those that you cast while standing, you need to use a lot of skills one after one, so it burns mana. Not as bad as Mystic though.
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'll talk for Stormbringers, as I didn't make a Duskblade YET.

Pros:
    Casting while moving (obviously). It's so fun and I soloed so many mini-bosses, that I can't solo with a psy or a wiz.
    Anti-stun.
    Stun, magic dec. debuff, confusion, slow and slow channeling debuffs. Interrupt.
    Throwable AoEs <3
    Fast channeling
    squad buff and passive that reduces melee damage + reaper mode = highest survivability against melee

Cons:
    Low HP (it's true for all DD magic classes so...)
    Chi, sometimes it takes time to build up chi but you can live without it. I use Lunar Guidance to build chi.
    Slooow. Their speed is same as any other mage. 4.8. Which is a letdown when all your power depends on your speed. But it's ok.
    As the mobile skills hit less than those that you cast while standing, you need to use a lot of skills one after one, so it burns mana. Not as bad as Mystic though.

Before I begin to elaborate further into the Stormbringer, I will say this for both classes:

Combo classes. These classes actually require a brain to effectively use them to their FULLEST potential.

Alot of people are still wonder what the Thunder/Ice Charges actually are for.

A combo I particulary found very useful for damage: Have three Ice Charges > Ice Bullet > Climate Shift > Cloudburst > Any other skill, because that climate shift will switch you to 3 Thunder Charges, which effectively gives you the maximum amount of elemental resist reduction from Cloudburst. And it works wonders!! I can also see Supercell being a huge and major problem in pvp, because if the oppenent doesnt pay attention to charges, then they pretty much don't know what the effect of that skill will be, and all the effects are pretty useful. <-- For example lol. I have developed a few other combos, but I dont like revealing all of my secrets b:shutup
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    With stormbringer at lvl60-68( which I am now: told i will lvl up slow) i can do things i wasnt able to do with sin and psy at that lvl.
    I cant solo bosses in 51 yet but i can kill mobs very easy.Thing I couldnt do with sin and psy.
    And i love the aoe skills. Avatar of the storm being my favorite.
    Also another skill that i love is electrostatic discharge. Enemies take dmg just following me.
    To me it seemed that i can build chi faster than i could build with psy.
    giphy.gif

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OH look, he made a subforum now its open b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • drcalgori87
    drcalgori87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    heres the pro for stormbringers. In nw i cant wait to see a sin grab that flag and use their speed buff/apo because i got a surprise for them, Electrostatic Discharge.....same for barbs, but i do like using bramble tornado on my mystic, i hide on the bottom of the hillside and a barb hits charger orb just as they come over the top i bramble tornado them and glitch them into a tree heheh.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Duskblade looks like it may be the best class to bot with, if botting still provided money. b:chuckle
  • blazearcher20
    blazearcher20 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So far everyone is loving Stormbringer but are failing to see that almost everyone has one. So most of the people who main a sin or anything else already know what they are in for. Everyone who feel that Electrostatic Discharge will save them forget Barbs have a skill that everytime they are either getting hit or taking damage they gain chi which then they can just use the turtle defense skill or use the 3 spark burst to remove it. The sin all the have to do is stealth and since the Stormbringer has no way to increase it's stealth level to see the sin they will never know when they are going to attack with the stun for all you know they can silence or sleep you and you will never see it coming. From what i seen from both classes they have a lot of flaws with the mana pool and hp pool. Seeing the Duskblade has to build under the Dex/Str and the Stormbringer Mag/Str which they can add Vit in there. Both of their biggest con would be the mana and hp they can easily lose. They both do good damage but that's it they aren't super amazing just two more classes to play and learn which people will get bored of and move on.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So far everyone is loving Stormbringer but are failing to see that almost everyone has one. So most of the people who main a sin or anything else already know what they are in for. Everyone who feel that Electrostatic Discharge will save them forget Barbs have a skill that everytime they are either getting hit or taking damage they gain chi which then they can just use the turtle defense skill or use the 3 spark burst to remove it. The sin all the have to do is stealth and since the Stormbringer has no way to increase it's stealth level to see the sin they will never know when they are going to attack with the stun for all you know they can silence or sleep you and you will never see it coming. From what i seen from both classes they have a lot of flaws with the mana pool and hp pool. Seeing the Duskblade has to build under the Dex/Str and the Stormbringer Mag/Str which they can add Vit in there. Both of their biggest con would be the mana and hp they can easily lose. They both do good damage but that's it they aren't super amazing just two more classes to play and learn which people will get bored of and move on.

bla bla bla bla bla bla
    you said nothing.
    anti sin stealth all other classes use: revelation potion.
    And almost everyone has a sin for farming but still they cant see what is coming when they facing a sin with other class.
    having a storm as an alt is something and having a storm as main is something else.
    They dont just do good dmg, they do insane dmg.
    Sin stealth under electrostatic discharge is useless if the sin keeps moving.
    You cant see yet how amazing stormbringer is and i feel sorry for yub:sad
    giphy.gif

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Duskblade

Pros:

+Can instantly close distance to a target at a moment's notice

+Longest Disarm in the game (Also an AoE) and a myriad of skills with the Paralyze effect makes them great at stopping anti-stun and Purify Spell users dead in their tracks

+Reaper mode allows for infinite Burst AoE damage for its duration

+Selfbuff severely reduces crit-rate against foes in PvP while boosting PvE damage further

+Can copy certain class skills that allow for additional support (BM's HF, Cleric's IH) (next patch probably)

Cons

-Heavily reliant on Chi to maintain locks or use certain utility skills

-No sprinting skill (save for the 1 spark stealth and brief effects of certain skills like Night Owl)

-Depletes mana rapidly

-Cannot access certain skills without using another before it as a combo starter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|