Comments

• Kemonomimi - Morai
    Kemonomimi - Morai Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    acidici wrote: »
    If i could make a poll i did it but i dont know how so the question is;

Is PWI a dead game after last update? Yes / No

NO

Never been so busy on Morai. Lot of ppl that were stuck in there 80-90 got a boost and started playing again. Alas also a bunch of noobs, but he maybe they learn in time.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ... yea, first time I've seen the population on the server listed as "high". And it shows in the lag a bit.

The population increase and bump of clueless folks straight to 100 does worry me a bit as it can mess up unforgiving instances such as Endless Universe, AEU, FSP... Already I'm seeing a schizm start to form between the guys who have R9+10 or better and load up their own twinks, and smallfry with (less then) TT90 gear who aren't being welcomed in BH100 and similar high end instances.

... can't say I'm surprised. People have gotten used to 20 minute FSP runs...
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • PatsyBanger - Archosaur
    PatsyBanger - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    why would we want to have our runs in those instances dragged out by people with low level gear that do not even know what to do?
  • dontbeabytch
    dontbeabytch Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The update was a fresh breath of air for this game. Imho, this is one of the better updates. We have had worse updates. Even though it is having issues, there isn't an update that doesn't have issues. This update brought old players back, brought new victims... err fresh meat.. I mean new players to the server. Some will figure it out, gear their toons appropriately, lean how to play their toons and get some enjoyment from being here. Others will be trapped with the stigma of coming up with gear and items because everything costs so much $ on any server you go on.

The updates wont kill this game. The in-game economy is what is going to kill this game. And who is responsible for the economy? Even though they nerfed the DQ items price, it isn't the GMs, or PWI as a whole. It's the players on the servers who set the economy. In real life, people are greedy. And it's no different in this game. So, if anyone is worried about the game dying, stop buying from the people who are over charging on every single item they sell. When they cant sell their items, the price drops little by little. So, if they list something for 1b and they cant sell it after a week or 4, they will drop the price. When you go to the store and see something you want, are you going to buy it immediately? Or are you going to look for the same item at a better price?
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    To be real the game is still quite alive.A lot as in other games tend to come back to a game when an expansion is new.This lvl 95 stone was a cool idea but executed wrong.Now in every BH or anything I can have half a squad at lvl100 with the handout gear and they die and weaken the squad with low damage output or of any use at all.

So from now on I will kick anyone with freebee gear and stoned to 95+.

Seems PW is trying so hard to make anything under lvl 100 obsolete,so yeah the game is alive but dieing of cancer in a way.
  • laseek
    laseek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    To be real the game is still quite alive.A lot as in other games tend to come back to a game when an expansion is new.This lvl 95 stone was a cool idea but executed wrong.Now in every BH or anything I can have half a squad at lvl100 with the handout gear and they die and weaken the squad with low damage output or of any use at all.

So from now on I will kick anyone with freebee gear and stoned to 95+.

Seems PW is trying so hard to make anything under lvl 100 obsolete,so yeah the game is alive but dieing of cancer in a way.

That's a short sighted approach - no offence.
    Take the time to teach them and help them learn - just as somebody did with you at some point.
    You have a chance to turn these people into decent, well informed team players, don't waste it.

A game dies when people stop helping others.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    yes now pls go
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I haven't seen this much activity in years.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Servers activity seem pretty high after new expansion. Let's check in some weeks/months if this is still the case. Let's also there wont be too much crashes like on Archosaur.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • scythecaster
    scythecaster Posts: 23
    edited December 2014
    well, if you really think about it...the rebirth system acts like another 200-210 levels EVEN if you use the stone(s). So i can understand them adding it into the game, pwi wanting players to catch up to the people who have already re-birthed twice since we are already seeing instances that requires you to do so at least once.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2014

well there you have it its pretty busy.

/end thread questionthoughponderingtrolling answered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • ortini
    ortini Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Been playing this game since 2009. Perhaps I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but PW gives and takes away. After finally getting where I can make coins in game (catshopping and botting), gold prices get so high, it isn't profitable to catshop. And now, botting is useless. So, since I refuse to be a cash player the game is pretty much over for me.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No. The game is finally getting better.

GOLD PRICE on morai is at nearly 3m again. Epic. Heard it's even lower on others (Sanct @2.6m). Couldnt get better than this.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Rosie_Caster - Harshlands
    Rosie_Caster - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    is pwi a dead game

yes and no

yes, because there are now lvl 100 toons, from people who has NO IDEA how to play that class

No because you have people who know how to play each class and are starting to play the nightshades
    me and 2 other friends, lvl 3x stormbringers, this is how you know your playing a class wrong
    3 lvl 33, 34, and 32 strombringers were pking lvl 100s, and winning

the people who we pkd, got on the bloodred toons 105 r9rr+12 just to pk 3 lvl 3x
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited December 2014

GOLD PRICE on morai is at nearly 3m again. Epic. Heard it's even lower on others (Sanct @2.6m). Couldnt get better than this.

You guys are so lucky. Ppl refused to lower it in our server but there may be hope, too.

to OP: As for a dead game or not, it's all about witnessing players quitting or not. It will be easy to observe, with the focal point being Archo.
    It is a question that depends on each server and perspective (new characters? old characters? ways of leveling? ways of making coins? gold rates? game economy and coin flow?) which no one can reply to easily and/or without a subjective bias.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    This expansion has exceeded my expectations, tbh.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lukusazaron
    lukusazaron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Since ann packs were released. YR 08 - 10 were the good old days as everyone was on the same level playing field and had to earn it the hard way. Anything to keep the game up and running eyy
  • KungFueyMaid - Heavens Tear
    KungFueyMaid - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Bro...gold price was at 4m on Heavens Tear and it's unplayable for people who doesn't have weight in their pockets.
    FREE BEERRRRR!!!!!! Now that I have your attention I'll would like to say " ". b:laugh
  • Duergaar - Heavens Tear
    Duergaar - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    insted of complaining and crying you should embrace the new high lvl toons, take one under your wing and help them to learn the new and old instances and how to play thier toons so we can have a better comunity. cause they are begining to outnumber the experianced players.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This expansion has exceeded my expectations, tbh.

I concur. If DQ hadn't all gone to 1 coin, I would have said it was almost perfect! (inflation, botting, blahblahblah, I just like to keep a positive balance in my bank after repairing gear for the day.)
    I suppose I'm mildly concerned that the new race will end up being op in NW (the last remaining vestige of pvp I care about), but overall that's a very small part of the game, and remains to be seen; I guess we'll know better in a few months after the first batch end up rb2 and into their primal stuff.
    So no, not dead, or, it's as dead as its ever been, since people say the game is dead every once in a while, ever since it was launched XD.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Most of my friends have quit for good due to the crippling of drops. Actually generating coin from playing the game to at least cover repairs, potions, and teleporting for DAILIES is a rare thing now.

They see absolutely no reason to continue playing what has become a chore to play. The thing is, while its been years since I've dropped so much as a penny on this game THEY were big spenders. Well to me anyways, midrange to most people.

And they are gone after over 6 years, having started a little before me.

I went bankrupt tonight, and had to stop playing my stormbringer to hop on my mystic. This was less than helpful because my repairs after doing dailies actually left me with about 4k coins.

I actually had to go out on my old route abandoned years ago to dig up mats. Sadly people aren't even buying most of them anymore and if they do its for cheap. Total waste of time but at least I have over 100k again.

If this BS stays like this, I'm gone too. I suggest everyone think of doing the same. I may really love my stormbringer, but they sure don't want to let me keep playing it the way I want to.

I just want to be able to go out and learn my damn class by killing mobs without going bankrupt b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Above poster has a point.

1. For the new classes it will be difficult, unless they're funded well by other 'main' toons.

2. a LOT of people in their 50+ till 80+ levelled up instantly to 95+ or even 100.

3. Prices, on dreamweaver at least, have skyrocketed since i last played the game. Where a
    cithrine gem used to cost around 30M, it's now 4 times that amount. Tokens have nearly doubled in price.

Considering all of the above, without being able to do several instance runs, solo or in group, and managing to sell (read:catshop) nearly continuously, you cannot expect someone to gain some decent cash.

Those that have been here a long time, usually multiclient with a catshop constantly open (some even several pc's/clients) and already have their gear setup. They're also usually the greedy ones that ask rediculous prices for their items.

Some even go so far as to try to gain several millions (10+) of profit from 1 (mid-lvl 6*) orb....

I don't think the game is declining as such, but there is a HUGE gap between the highly geared players and the rest. I would say around the 20/80 mark.

If the majority of players who do not have their toons geared up well would stop spending cash on those greedy B....., then prices would eventually go down. Seeing several catshops buying/selling multiple items priced well over what they're really worth just P. me off.

I for one will not spend a dime on those people. I make do and just do my own thing.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If the majority of players who do not have their toons geared up well would stop spending cash on those greedy B....., then prices would eventually go down. Seeing several catshops buying/selling multiple items priced well over what they're really worth just P. me off.

I for one will not spend a dime on those people. I make do and just do my own thing.

The point is following:
    exist rich merchants in game,
    which are independent from players,
    they sell and buy game's valuables,
    using gold as equivalent.

Explanation:
    More players - buyers of gold - less gold on AH - more price of gold
    More players - buyers of rare items - less items - more price of rare items

Also ... cash shoppers now can sell gold for highest price .... they will not left game.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There seems to be alot of DEflation atm.... i guess thats a good thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • eediot
    eediot Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Been going downhill since earning time implemented. DQ and other drop prices taken away leaves no easy way to make coin in game.
  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    b:sad I really hope I can deal with all the changes ~ before losing net I was given the Harpy pet and a Nightmare flyer for a bday gift. I don't wanna quit game after working hard on my veno after all these years!

Nervous now but I'm stubborn and miss everyone. So I hope some things get fixed when I return! Can hope still right?
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • erisu
    erisu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't know why people are saying they can't afford repairs. Even before I used the pill on my lvl 76 Seeker, I could afford to repair her armor EASY. All I had to do was grind on a few monsters. It didn't take long, I just didn't let the coins sit there and actually grabbed all the drops.