Effects of insta lvl 95 pills, the fun and pain of it

Liveena - Heavens Tear
Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
So, lots of people went to 95 by using the pills, even made it to 100. So I just want to share my experience encountering these "pills babies" as I grind my Stormbringer b:laugh

Was about to do gouf culti quest, when I arrived there a lvl 100 barb is stitting there. "oh some nice barb to help newbie" I thought. He send squad invite which I accept, barb is lvl 100, I didn't checked his gear and he was in tiger form. After I buff him, in which I was curious since barb didnt buff us, he charged toward gouf and got 3 shotted. I laugh hard as I try to kite Gouf and running in circle while barb runs back from town. After I killed Gouf, he just logs off without saying a single word.

When I reach 69, I wc for fb in wraithgate and got couple of lvl 100, sin and archer, and other people who need fb as well. We cleared the mobs slowly, and as we fighting serpentex, 74 seeker in squad took agro from sin and killed, followed by sin and archer. I ran back to entrance with Serpentex on my tail. Seeker was surprised that he can took agro from sin in which the sin replies he just lvl to 100 yesterday using pills and have no skills or whatsoever beside BP.

Tideborn quest, at General Feng. I joined a squad of lvl 100ish, in which we all got 1 shotted by Feng. b:laugh

Meeting a certai lvl 100 who rage about unable to learn any skills. I told him to do his culti and whether he have coins to learn or not. He replied he got like 100m coins, and ask me, what is this culti thing. Well, I try to explain it to him, he got bored and decide to join random bh100 squad. b:surrender

So, share your experience with them for the laugh and pain of it. b:pleased

O, one more thing, my insta lvl 95 wizzy is still somewhere around Etherblade, killed by lvl 20 mobs, as I wont use her untill I learn her class and properly equip her b:shutup
Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
Post edited by Liveena - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• BaronLaCroix - Heavens Tear
    BaronLaCroix - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Will be asking people to link their Pickaxe before being allowed in squads for anything from now on b:victory
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm just starting to check HP bars when the squad gets invited and know off the bat if its a baby or an actual leveled player.

Regardless, I'm tryna help do people's cultis for faction members, friends and randoms. Ran SoT 4 times on day one, and Abba twice (sucks to know when you can solo and they start begging). and the lesser cultis some random odd number of times as well.

What I've noticed upon helping all these is that, yes, none of them know any skills or know how to use them. Guided them to the best of my knowledge since I'm not an expert on all class skills, but it's to that point where they refuse to help or pitch in even after given said advice.

Just more people that want to be pampered.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bellecat2
    bellecat2 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Will be asking people to link their Pickaxe before being allowed in squads for anything from now on b:victory

agree i see lvl 100s asking where to buy a pickaxe iam like realy this is sad.
  • lukusazaron
    lukusazaron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Even before all this ever happened, experience and knowledge has always been the key factor of becoming the best at what they do. Pity to those who have spend hours grinding to reach the highest lv of the game.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited December 2014

That's a really good idea!
  • lanebre
    lanebre Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Heres my story.
    I started with PWI 2011, as u can see on side. I have g16 veno, mystic, r9s1 psy. Was playing on Heavens Tears server and I'm from Europe. Since i got kinda addicted to game i found myself setting alarm at 6am for nation war and territory war. So last year before New Horizons expansion i left the game.
    Seeing this new expansion and new classes i remembered all nice things that happened to me while i was playing and wished to come bk. Side note: I didnt speak a word of English back at 2011 and I've learned it tnx to PWI.
    So i decided to retire my HT toons and start from the bottom on Morai server. I made SB and BM and sadly, I took that drug, exp pill. b:sad
    Now i wish for all 100 lvl stuff that i can't do. Its very hard and stressful for me since i know EVERYTHING about game, tactics, dungeons, all kind of info that I CANT USE. My BM can't even solo BH51.
    I got kicked 2 times from BH TT squad and i quitted even seeking for squads now.
    I have my to do list and every dim i get goes on basic stuff that i haven't finished yet.
    - expand inventory, safe, mats slots, skills (they all mostly lvl 5), aps gear...
    Then after that I will go for RB and then primal and such.
    So guys, keep it in mind. If u already have enough power to finish BQ you can make exception and add into squad some pillnub. Who knows maybe one day he/she help you. :) You never know.
    #PleaseRerollServer
  • mel72
    mel72 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am no noob but took the pill and it makes things harder but I have my pickaxe and been working my culit and not all who took the pills are nubs, and I am teachign my mate who joined and took the pill learn the game not all are nubs that dotn know anything and alot will genuinelty help..waves my pickaxe..;p;
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2014

You no longer need a pickaxe to dig anything *facepalm*
  • lanebre
    lanebre Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Thats his point. Newbies don't have pickaxe
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Having a pickaxe means your toon existed before the expansion and did the quests that required it.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So far its been pretty much as bad as you could expect. There are no low level clerics for any bhs at all. So I had to run them without a tank of healer using those free charms until I got to bh79 on my stormbringer.

Even now I see level 100s in my squad that can't keep aggro off me with my +2 tt80 gold weapon and I'm lv84 and specifically holding back.

I have seen by far the crappiest mystics I have ever squaded with in the last week, and as a mystic it pisses me off to no end. One I hope was at least an alt on follow because they literally did nothing.

Getting REALLY sick of half of every squad being puppeteered by one jackass. Wasn't fun in fsp before this fiasco with crystals and judging from all the new fsp squad spam in WC its probably gotten worse.

I'm pretty much broke now from getting my skills up, and have sp to spare. I have absolutely no way on this character to actually generate any coin now, so I might have to quit and play my mystic just to keep playing my stormbringer due to the ceaseless stupidity of perennially nerfed drops.

Any legitimately new players must be astounded at the prices of everything considering they can't get any coin, and probably wonder why so much utter garbage drops from mobs that is worthless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • lordarrakis
    lordarrakis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Unlike me my in-game wife is very nice and helpful so the other day when an insta-levelled barb asked for help in Morai she happily agreed. Afterwards the barb said he wanted to farm for g16 armour (I'm paraphrasing here) and asked her to explain the process. Suffice to say, after a while of patiently explaining, my wife gave up and just told him to rb and learn again from there. It's kind of like trying to explain how to write a thesis to a kindergartner. And I'm not being a snob here, just trying to illustrate the gap in knowledge that this pill has introduced to the game.
  • Graylyn - Harshlands
    Graylyn - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    well my frustation with pills is that i have played this game along time quit and come back deleted many toons and made new ones. I know the classes of pwi very well except of course new ones but learnig them now as everyone else is. now having taken a break and come back again with most of my old chars deleted. i think it nice to be at least 95 with couple of key classes. well now i foind myself being lectured by someone i can tell is an fc baby cause they dont een know all about their class let alone mine and trying to teach me mine. argh. aswell as most squads that finally let me in dont expect me to do anything and blame me for mistakes that happen all the time whether you know your class or not. things like running ahead too fast and maybe 1 or 2 mobs reset and kill a couple of squishies. now i manage to servive by anticipating what happens seeker is pulling very large in high lvl cave i know sharp corner ahead and he sprints, oh no mobs are going to reset. so i turn tail and run like a smart squishy. manage to live now im on a cleric so come help me to murder victims and you will live again, right? no i get yelled at for not helping them survive the attack, im thinking why didnt you run you're a pill baby and dont have full gear. but then seeker yells at me cause apparently surviving means its my fault. he blames me for killing everyone and that hes tired of babysitting and rage quits. so i start the process of pulling 1 mob at time to get to fallen party members but they are impatient and leave telling me im stupid. hmmm? makes me wonder at the intelligence lvl of some ppl. im not meaning i am some expert or genius but honestly dont blame people for your mistakes or something that just happens. i mean seriously they are called accidents for a reason.

and on a side note asking for link on pickaxe would prove they are from before expansion not their competance. and maybe they did like i did and npced it for the room cause its no longer needed.
  • xavierrocherr
    xavierrocherr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I see here so many blablabla.... Yes i agree that all newbies don t knwow how to play for most of them. But if you think about it a little, these newbies are just lvl 100 and not reborn... So when they will reborn, they will learn how to play, and even how to stuff them... They just have to do cultivation quests berfore...
    Furthermore these newbies are a great event for the serveur's economy... And you can sell them stuff and help...
    Endly i think it s very fun for pwi to give us theses pills because now you can really play a classe you wanted to try...
    b:laugh
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Meeting a certai lvl 100 who rage about unable to learn any skills. I told him to do his culti and whether he have coins to learn or not. He replied he got like 100m coins, and ask me, what is this culti thing. Well, I try to explain it to him, he got bored and decide to join random bh100 squad. b:surrender

Holy ****...

I knew bad things were going to happen, but people being this stupid? This is far beyong the average bad player.

Good thing I haven't been online for some days, I won't be forced to experience that kind of pain. b:pleased
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hmm honestly I'm surprised any of the pill 100s didn't just RB right away. Mmk maybe they need a bit of culti first, but if I was them that's what I'd do.
    I'm in the position that when the pills came out, the only chars I had that weren't already rb2 were the new classes XD so it didn't really effect me much.
    What I'm guessing here is that the gear thing is pretty frustrating. Sure you're insta100, but now you're 100 you're expected to be able to play like a 100, and if you're in no gear, what good are you? XD Which is why it would be better to rb right away. I guess you do get a set of level 80 gear if you've done up to Trans. level culti, so that's something.

I've been too busy on my newbies to do much at the 100+ level recently so I haven't seen anyone actually =playing= their new 100.

I guess the only experience I've had with the pill 95-100s is that they frequent my catshop quite a lot XD I'm very grateful for the influx of coins to my bank :3
  • SephronX - Sanctuary
    SephronX - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The first day of the pill I went into metal bh with my seeker and there was a new level 100 in there. Including my seeker there was another high level (high geared seeker) in squad as well, and we both held aggro so the newbie didn't die. It was fine, but I don't know how much help they were one way or another. With bp metal is a soloable stage anyway, so one noob in the mix doesn't have much impact.

Other than that I haven't noticed. I'm having too much fun playing my new duskblade.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've mainly been on my cleric, so I haven't seen too many of the fails just yet, but I will say that it's pretty sad that my level 95 barb has less skills, and a smaller hp than my level 63 barb that lived a hard life...and is in white geared armor.

I think the next few weeks will show quite a few massive fails, so I'll just sit and watch. Waiting for them to get to FSP. There is going to be a lot of rage.

I'm glad that I won't be seeing them in UCH most likely. By the time they get to that dungeon, Serenity will be finished unless they put something in it that I would consider to be worth my time there.

Full Warsong squads are going to suck soon though. I'm going to have to start announcing that I'm a full celestial sage cleric soon at this rate. LOL.

For now, I'm just waiting for the rage. Lol.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Prepare yourself , the rage is coming.

Haha Crystal babies, the ultimate culmination of powerlvling in PWI.

First we had Oracle babies, and there was QQ and rage but then it subsided as time passed.

But then we had Hyper FC babies, who would lvl so fast that we didnt have time to QQ and rage.

Now we have Crystal babies whose Insta lvl 95 toons come with minimal gears and skills and find their sneak way into the YOUR runs. Where the proceed to cause complete party wipes..

Oh yes the QQ and rage shall be strong in the coming weeks.,
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
  • hackopwi
    hackopwi Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    NO PICKAXE = PILL BABIES.

MORE PILL BABIES = MORE EASY KILL IN NW b:thanks

ahh ummm where can i use this "Book of Time" (luuulz it clearly stated in it where to use it)

PPL dont even know how to hover mouse over an item b:cry
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The whole point is exactly that you don't need a pickaxe anymore.
    From now on, a pickaxe represents oldskool. ;)
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Will be short lived, they have to get 89 culti done to reawaken, and then level the hard way back to 100 twice. Give them time they'll learn and let's hope for the games sake they aren't all just alts. Noobs are good. We likes them.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • lollipopblush
    lollipopblush Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The pain of having to tank with my lvl 70-something Stormbringer when the entire squad is made up of all lvl 100 pill babies.

b:cry
  • Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So, lots of people went to 95 by using the pills, even made it to 100. So I just want to share my experience encountering these "pills babies" as I grind my Stormbringer b:laugh

Was about to do gouf culti quest, when I arrived there a lvl 100 barb is stitting there. "oh some nice barb to help newbie" I thought. He send squad invite which I accept, barb is lvl 100, I didn't checked his gear and he was in tiger form. After I buff him, in which I was curious since barb didnt buff us, he charged toward gouf and got 3 shotted. I laugh hard as I try to kite Gouf and running in circle while barb runs back from town. After I killed Gouf, he just logs off without saying a single word.

When I reach 69, I wc for fb in wraithgate and got couple of lvl 100, sin and archer, and other people who need fb as well. We cleared the mobs slowly, and as we fighting serpentex, 74 seeker in squad took agro from sin and killed, followed by sin and archer. I ran back to entrance with Serpentex on my tail. Seeker was surprised that he can took agro from sin in which the sin replies he just lvl to 100 yesterday using pills and have no skills or whatsoever beside BP.

Tideborn quest, at General Feng. I joined a squad of lvl 100ish, in which we all got 1 shotted by Feng. b:laugh

So, share your experience with them for the laugh and pain of it. b:pleased

O, one more thing, my insta lvl 95 wizzy is still somewhere around Etherblade, killed by lvl 20 mobs, as I wont use her untill I learn her class and properly equip her b:shutup

Why have they made this 'pill' in the first place. PWI have come up with some completely STUPID ideas in their time, but this is one of their worst.

I thought the purpose of the game was to have fun, lvl up within squads, learn how to play your toon and make new friends along the way, or was/ is this a myth?

If PWI are making it so that people start at lvl 95, do the culti's start at lvl 95 too then?
    and do all gear lvls start at lvl 95 also?

where does it stop? it's all about money now, the fun has been taken out of it. Too many noob lvl 95 players wanting help with cultis, BH's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Having a pickaxe means your toon existed before the expansion and did the quests that required it.
    lanebre wrote: »
    Thats his point. Newbies don't have pickaxe

Tbh many just NPC the pickaxe when they don't need it. Kitty never needed it for anything but Morai quest.

Why have they made this 'pill' in the first place. PWI have come up with some completely STUPID ideas in their time, but this is one of their worst.

I thought the purpose of the game was to have fun, lvl up within squads, learn how to play your toon and make new friends along the way, or was/ is this a myth?

If PWI are making it so that people start at lvl 95, do the culti's start at lvl 95 too then?
    and do all gear lvls start at lvl 95 also?

where does it stop? it's all about money now, the fun has been taken out of it. Too many noob lvl 95 players wanting help with cultis, BH's

Now that Kitty got some new characters back to original strenght Kitty's old mains had, thanks to those insta-95 stones, Kitty's got the real fun back. Nothing's more painful than having once been at 100 on every class and struggling back by doing those same quests and BHs done a dozen times already. Not to mention the endless PVing(even soloing FCs was less boring). For returnees those stones are like a heaven's gift.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My own experiences with the dreaded "insta 100 pills"

The good:
    I was leveling up 2 characters - a Psy just to see what they do and a Barb for FSP. The pills allowed me to bypass the tedious slog from 80 to 100 completely. The Psy is on hold until I have time to finish culti on it, the Barb has been rebirthed and I'm now playing through the standard questage content with Morai 95 gear and a few primal passives, which makes it somewhat easy.

Also: My weakish BM and Cleric can actually score a few kills in the Nation Wars now. b:laugh

The bad:
    I'm part of a faction that has an open recruitment (DragonDen). We've been getting in a lot of members of late without any clue on what they're doing. "I don't see any cultivation quest!" (You have to die to continue Discord culti) is a common issue. "I need help to beat FB39/59/69/79/89" is also veeeery common but that I can deal with. Culti is only once per char after all. For the most part, the folks we get in DragonDen are clueless but want to learn. And that's the noobs you want, 'cause they don't stay noob very long. But at the moment the sheer volume of new players without any clue to how the game is played makes it difficult to guide them all as a regular... and some folk seem to find it funny to start trolling them/feeding them false info. Which can ruin a new player's game experience.

The ugly:
    "Omg I'm lvl 100 why is this lvl 75 mob oneshotting me this sux" (Dreamchaser gear pillbaby)
    "Can anyone give me some coins? I need gear please..." (Horn message. One of many)
    *insert some random indecipherable message in mostly cyrillic* (Also horn message, one of many)
    "This is my first BH EU. I'll just follow you k? Don't have time to figure this out now." (Random EU squad with 2 to 5 firsttimers without any clue to what they're doing. Failed ofc. BH EU has been... painful of late, and I'm not the only one who feels such - AEU is going to have the same problems)
    "Can anyone tell me where to get gear lvl 100 plz?" (Horn/wc message. Repeats often)
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Liontitan - Archosaur
    Liontitan - Archosaur Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok i have a lvl 101 sin from the pills but grinded it hard to lvl 80 before the pills. Yesterday did BH 100 with 2 clerics and a archer a veno i have tt 90 LA gear a G16 helm and G 16 Daggers . Veno lures the boss first boss in TT 3-1 i start attacking it expecting healing and the archer to do massive damage nope had one cleric who went afk so did the archer the other cleric figured he would DD fortunately my sage BP kept me alive till the others come back. Sad very sad. b:surrenderb:cry
  • riffraffz
    riffraffz Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tbh many just NPC the pickaxe when they don't need it. Kitty never needed it for anything but Morai quest.

Now that Kitty got some new characters back to original strenght Kitty's old mains had, thanks to those insta-95 stones, Kitty's got the real fun back. Nothing's more painful than having once been at 100 on every class and struggling back by doing those same quests and BHs done a dozen times already. Not to mention the endless PVing(even soloing FCs was less boring). For returnees those stones are like a heaven's gift.

Leveling a toon the hard way a bit too much for some people then?

Perhaps it would help if we gave them all level 101 pills, full RRR9 gears, Scroll of Tome, just to help them start!
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    riffraffz wrote: »
    Leveling a toon the hard way a bit too much for some people then?

Perhaps it would help if we gave them all level 101 pills, full RRR9 gears, Scroll of Tome, just to help them start!

Sometimes in game equipment is free (I say about any game).
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I like the ones that leave your faction to join the "level 100+ TW factions"

like they have a chance....welcome to the state of "DENIED" b:chuckle
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]