Why so much trolling?

Chrysanth - Heavens Tear
Chrysanth - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
So today I came across this person in mid arch under the platform when I was collecting essences my Morai: Protecting Time quest, the one that gives the morai weapon at the end of the chain. The person was attacking a ? immune to damage mob right next to the essences, and the mob has a weak aoe which in turn hit me every single time I tried to pick up the essence. I checked the gear of the person, and every single piece was broken, which means he/she has probably been standing there all day doing it for the sole purpose of trolling. Pm - no answer, and the person is still there...

Click for pic

What is wrong with people nowadays? Why is there so much trolling going on lately?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Chrysanth - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The same happened on Morai server 2 days ago when I did that quest for my seeker: some sin autoattacking the Immune mob, me and some other dude unable to dig the essences. Went back to grab an IG for it, when I got back to the essence luckily the troll vanished.

Don't get why, not going to try and figure out why: it's the internet and every person acts like a 12yr old avoiding any and all responsibility and common sense.
  • lunaperegrina
    lunaperegrina Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Because the next generation of gamers have found their way online.

#backinmyday
    #getoffmylawn
    #andiwouldhavegottenawaywithitifitwerentforthesemeddlingkids
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Maybe it was a "DoS" attack aimed at pill-babies? b:laugh
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The internet lets people be the dinks they couldnt otherwise be in real life. Some take pleasure in making other people miserable. MMO's and other online venues let them do that.

Like the r9rr Sin on DW who was sitting in stealth by a cultivation quest boss, popping out to kill it whenever it respawned, then restealthing just so no one could get it. Says a lot about the people who take the time to do these things just for the sake of **** other people over. Sad little trolls who desperately want attention.

The worst part is when the people getting screwed over talk to them, get angry at them and get into it with them. All that does is give them what they wanted and they win.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It might have been someone botting, having gone afk, and their toon is forever attacking that mob.

Depending on how long the dig is, I recommend going on it. Using ironguard powder and then using expel/absolute domain so that the aoe doesn't affect you.

That's the best that I can come up with to deal with that situation and still allow you to get it, since you don't know when that bot will move.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
    edited December 2014
    It might have been someone botting, having gone afk, and their toon is forever attacking that mob.

Except in the center of Archosaur, under the bh platform, there is no reason to bot there for anything, ever.
    The only reason to do this at all is to **** people over.
  • laseek
    laseek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Set auto for a large enough radius to kill the snowmen in arch and they could easily just have fallen into the water if there's enough of other people around taking them out first.

The attackable in question should be taken out of the tab target order - so you would have to click target to attack.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Except in the center of Archosaur, under the bh platform, there is no reason to bot there for anything, ever.
    and at 200m I should not fall into there, yes? I HAVE before
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
    edited December 2014
    laseek wrote: »
    Set auto for a large enough radius to kill the snowmen in arch and they could easily just have fallen into the water if there's enough of other people around taking them out first.

The attackable in question should be taken out of the tab target order - so you would have to click target to attack.
    Pretty unlikely though.
    Snowmen don't spawn in the center and there's a rail that prevents walking over the edge into the water from the other districts.
    A bot would have to walk up the ramp, through the narrowing pillars at the top, and walk into the water to lock the mob (which isn't possible from above) and have to do all this without locking a snowman to pull its attention (very unlikely since you can't target the [?] mob in the water until you are down in there)
    edited December 2014
    and at 200m I should not fall into there, yes? I HAVE before
    How does your bot wander that far without targetting a snowman? You cant target the underwater mob until you go in the water, so it cant be fixated on it. Just seems like the chance of this happening are very slim, let alone repeatedly
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    How does your bot wander that far without targetting a snowman? You cant target the underwater mob until you go in the water
    that's wrong. you target ANYTHING that's close, underwater or not
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • laseek
    edited December 2014
    Brownian motion - given enough time it will wander close enough and fall in.
    edited December 2014
    that's wrong. you target ANYTHING that's close, underwater or not
    I didn't mean underwater being a factor and I know how tab/bot targetting works. I mean I am standing right now at the very edge of the water, pressing tab. It is too far away to target. Tab cycles through the spawning and dying snowmen, but that [?] is too far and I cannot target it from there. Even up top, I cannot target it due to how far away it is at the bottom of the water. I have to be in flight, under the bridge thats under the bh platform before tab will target this mob. On ground, it can be targetted from the lowest bridge underneath the bh platform, but you have to be near center to do it, where there's a rail preventing walking over.

I only said in the water, because unless the bot is in flight or somehow wanders up the center bridge, due to the distance the mob is away from land a bot would normally be for snowmen, the bot would have to be in the water to be close enough to target it.

yeah, it could happen that a bot would find it's way up there and then down into the water. I think the chances are very slim though, given the path it needs to take, without a snowman drawing its attention, and especially to have it happen repeatedly and its more likely that repeating offenders are just trolling.
  • laseek
    edited December 2014
    Main map is down on Arch - and has been for 13h now - so I can't test anything..
    We're all locked in instances at the mo :(

Will try to when its back up.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Some people enjoy the game. Some others enjoy annoying people... Don't give them any attention or they could be proud of it.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    I didn't mean underwater being a factor and I know how tab/bot targetting works. I mean I am standing right now at the very edge of the water, pressing tab. It is too far away to target. Tab cycles through the spawning and dying snowmen, but that [?] is too far and I cannot target it from there. Even up top, I cannot target it due to how far away it is at the bottom of the water. I have to be in flight, under the bridge thats under the bh platform before tab will target this mob. On ground, it can be targetted from the lowest bridge underneath the bh platform, but you have to be near center to do it, where there's a rail preventing walking over.

I only said in the water, because unless the bot is in flight or somehow wanders up the center bridge, due to the distance the mob is away from land a bot would normally be for snowmen, the bot would have to be in the water to be close enough to target it.

yeah, it could happen that a bot would find it's way up there and then down into the water. I think the chances are very slim though, given the path it needs to take, without a snowman drawing its attention, and especially to have it happen repeatedly and its more likely that repeating offenders are just trolling.
    you have to account for the other players killing snowmen too. if it cannot find it keeps wandering
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There is a dimwit on RT doing it too. I think there is more too it than too big of a range killing snowmen
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014

True. I overlooked that detail. Only other thing that I can think of is botting the snowmen...but a bot would have to jump over the railing to even get down there, so I agree that you're most likely right...it is to **** people over.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • ironknight
    ironknight Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Um welcome to playing MMOs?

That said guess I am a little sensitive tho, seeing as how I think people who bot all day for days on end on quest mobs (in r9/g16+10-12) are being *******s.

Really pick a different spawn, or you know..... mobs that drop mats or expensive pet food at least?

• Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Trolling is fun. However, what you described is more like griefing, as opposed to trolling.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    unless are there for several days 24/7 just take several screenies and ticket them in as obstructing one of the 'main' quests. If i were you guys id JUMP at the opportunity to try **** this guys accnt and/or IP associated accnt over by taking several screenies w/ proof of diff. time frames and a good argument on how it cannot be a coincidence given the area and depth and perimeter. b:cute
    because yes, obstructing questing is an offense. Lay it out professionally and nicely and pwi will deal with it. Even better if you add other server names as proof
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    unless are there for several days 24/7 just take several screenies and ticket them in as obstructing one of the 'main' quests. If i were you guys id JUMP at the opportunity to try **** this guys accnt and/or IP associated accnt over by taking several screenies w/ proof of diff. time frames and a good argument on how it cannot be a coincidence given the area and depth and perimeter. b:cute
    because yes, obstructing questing is an offense. Lay it out professionally and nicely and pwi will deal with it. Even better if you add other server names as proof

Good luck with that. PWE's absolute lack of any rule enforcement is why the trolls, scammers, botters, and deviants flock to this game en masse.
    edited December 2014
    Good luck with that. PWE's absolute lack of any rule enforcement is why the trolls, scammers, botters, and deviants flock to this game en masse.
    ive had no problem with them in such cases and i been here looonnnggg.
    Its how you present the problem, = how they will respond to it. Use of psychology

b:avoid
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I keep feeling that griefing ppl in a game is a sign of really low standards.
    Also, since they are not punished in any form, they will feel they got a sense of immunity and will keep ruining the sense of enjoyment this game could give to others.

If it's the "hobby" of a bored/frustrated one, I give his/her my pity and would suggest to quit the game instead. Of course, he/she would find it fun and would keep going on (even at a cost of a temporary ban, if ever -and the chances of it are close to nil these days-). It shows how lame and stupid part of the PWI community is/became over the years.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ive had no problem with them in such cases and i been here looonnnggg.
    Its how you present the problem, = how they will respond to it. Use of psychology

b:avoid

Sure right. How much they pay you in in game items to say that on here? We all know how that works now lol
    edited December 2014
    Sure right. How much they pay you in in game items to say that on here? We all know how that works now lol
    i take it you suck at ticketing...
  • Soul_knife - Dreamweaver
    Soul_knife - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Proof someone you reported was banned or it didn't happen.

Nice try though. b:bye
    edited December 2014
    Proof someone you reported was banned or it didn't happen.

Nice try though. b:bye
    if said pple are not 'there' and bothering me after i ticket it, then i dont care if it was the GMs or your mama

but yes, my point does stand that how you present it does make a difference. At least it has for me.
  • lukusazaron
    lukusazaron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "I'm a cat shop meow meow" +1
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Keep going and you may get a FC "special" cape as payment for your effort like the person up there said.

It wasn't payment, it was a gift. There is a difference.

And if you are tripping over something as petty as that, then you would trip over spilled milk. Scrub sins always complaining. Dayum.