How does Duskblade fit in?

RawrGummy - Dreamweaver
RawrGummy - Dreamweaver Posts: 116 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Duskblade
Been wanting to pick people's brains about this for a while, and now that the new sub-forum is up, I feel like it's the perfect time to ask.

I've been playing around with Duskblade for a short time now, and I'm personally having trouble seeing what role they fill. As in, why would a squad take a Duskblade over say, an Assassin or Blademaster?

What do they bring to the table, in both PvE and PvP, that sets them apart from the other classes and makes them shine? So far to me it seems like they're just sort of a basic Dex-based DD class with good mobility, and a few short stuns.

What do you all think? What's been your experience with the class?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Go Gummy, It's your birthday~
Post edited by RawrGummy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• scythecaster
    scythecaster Posts: 23
    edited December 2014
    this class is anti-archer/sin. (maybe could take a chunk of off mages dmg with it's passives? it hasn't been tested yet)

multitiude of control skills to lock your opponent down. it has a 45% damage reduction against crit dmg and a non-pvp skill boost of 15% (at lv 10) which will probably significantly boost heavy hitting characters. Mostly casters, dmg

A ranged 15s cooldown sleep, which...if timed correctly with other certain skills is a death sentence.

The best i could describe this is its a melee version of a mystic. it's got seeker/sin/bm-like abilities.
  • iperen
    iperen Posts: 2
    edited December 2014
    Honestly, PvE I don't really see it matter much. The class has a nice buff. That's enough these days to be not left out. Seems it has some decent 1target damage ability and very high mobility since mobs always die within 20sec.

Group PvP, I can just speculate but seems a decent class to get the clerics and archers that are usually hard to reach. I'm really curious how the passive will work on their survivability. Their buff is also nice ofc. I doubt they will be some major turn-around class for TW or big NW maps though. For 1vs1, I seriously don't care. It's boring and way to gear-based these days.

For me it feels like this class seems what the sin should have been. In that way, I'm not totally sure if it really brings in something major as sin seems to be better in every field that this class could bring. Time will tell though. It won't be clear until triple 103+ with R9.3 +10 or more will pop out. As long as they don't have all skills and gear, they will be a sub-par class by default. For now, I do enjoy the class and consider gearing it seriously. Might seem a bit of a contradiction, but I was actually sad to see how OP the sin turned out and abandoned it for that reason.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's still a bit early to tell... like when a lot of people thought Seekers are Blademaster v2 with less uses than a Blademaster, yet now a lot of people love Seekers in squads.

I just wonder if we'll get enough people using the class properly. It's rather heavily combo-based with several skills that trigger other skills and then there's Galemark that can trigger a series of different combos. I hope they won't suffer the same fate as Mystics, though Mystics might still be more complex than Duskblades.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Agree too early to tell, we can't really make a call until we get all the skills released.

First impressions seems like there's some truth to the rumours from PWCN that this class suffers from chi issues, when I took a look at most of the high end skills loads of which require one or two sparks, with no clear way to generate loads of chi, which put me off.

Compared to Stormbringers who seem like they will be swimming in chi.

We shall see.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The best i could describe this is its a melee version of a mystic. it's got seeker/sin/bm-like abilities.

I think this is the best description of Duskblade for new starters. They have CC and AoEs like BM, aps and stealth and teleport like Sin, and their combos are similar to Seeker's sword buffs which gives different side-effects according to the skill (I think Stormbringer's charge system is more similar to this but anyway)
    I hope they won't suffer the same fate as Mystics, though Mystics might still be more complex than Duskblades.

What is wrong with the Mystics b:sad
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's still a bit early to tell... like when a lot of people thought Seekers are Blademaster v2 with less uses than a Blademaster, yet now a lot of people love Seekers in squads.

Reminds me to the reason why I picked my name. b:chuckle
  • dark8hamster
    dark8hamster Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    this class is anti-archer/sin.

not anti-sin. sin has 50-66% ignore debuffs and atak-lvl buff. but DB hasn'n any buffs to reduce sin's damage (party-buff reduce only part damage of crit)
    Sorry for my english, I'm from Russia b:surrender
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've been playing with mine lately and this is certainly a support class. The damage leaves a lot to be desired for most skills (though there are some sweet damage skills). The stuns are brief but effective since they are paralyze but they have very few AoE control, granted a 9 second disarm is great but it's got one hell of a charge time on it.

This class will be able to hold any one person at bay for an extremely long time, effectively removing healers from the picture very efficiently. I don't think this class will get nearly as many kills as archer or sin, but they will certainly be a pain in the **** to go against provided the one against you knows what he's doing.

I've been trying to work out some combos as well and you can get a pretty crazy long lock, and if done right tick your 6 second stun by doing an 8 second lock, where sleep comes in real handy, and those 6 seconds are perfect for using DD skills, but also very predictable.

To summarize, in PvP this class will be dangerous because it can so effectively lock a person, but the damage is small, so we'll have to wait and see if this class can get very good damage while stunning. As of now not stunning and DDing leaves you vulnerable, but perhaps reaper form cancels that out.

As far as PvE goes, the buff is enough that people might bring you, but also, as of right now our mimic skill does not work in friendly targets, but in PWCN a month after they got the expansion a patch made it so it could be used on friendly targets. Using the skill on a BM grants you a 75% version of HF. While this doesn't stack, a 75% amp is a 75% amp, even if only 6 seconds. Not to mention if you use reaper form and spam a certain chain skill set that grants 60 chi (75% at sage AND demon) you can permaspark, making up for any lack of damage the class may have. It's not going to be an ignored class, that's for sure.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    its another skill spammer class and really has no point in the game.Its basicly what a seeker should have been with a transform skill.The mage class is more of a value than this class is.