Dawn of Eclipse Raffle

Options
sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited December 2014 in Official Announcements
I'm putting this here, as we had some issues with this raffle and because so, had to change some of the rules, along with start date.

It was previously supposed to start on the 17th, however with the expansion launch came a lot of issues. This caused us to delay the raffle a bit (now starts on 12/24/14 and ends 1/23/15)

Alongside this, we found a few issues that just wouldn't work, so we had to improvise. There will still be 20 winners, and you will still be selected at random. The major change is outlined below:

Previous

You had to use a code to redeem an Eclipse Package. Inside was a token that you would let you know if you've won a chance at the raffle (Think Golden Ticket) This turned out to not work...at all. So we changed it.

Now

All you have to do now is redeem a code for a maiden kissed chest. These codes will be in-game, on the forums, and our social pages. If you redeem it, you become eligible for a chance in the lottery. We'll then pick 20 of whoever redeemed it, and raffle their names for prizes.

The only other change is, we'll no longer have codes for Dragon Orbs after the 20 winners. This may change, but for now I've been told to hold off on that.

That's it for now, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask here.

Also, link to the blog: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9011023-dawn-of-eclipse-raffle%21
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    aside from the ipad air, maybe im the only one that would bypass the rest and just want the 14th - 20th Prize lol...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • CapsunelSin - Lost City
    CapsunelSin - Lost City Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    awwww i was just looking forward to the free pack like item to open b:cry
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm a little worried that the chance of winning scales with the number of accounts people have. With the easy leveling added for level 95+ people have created dozens of spare accounts for multiclient purposes.

Maybe you should add a minimum age requirement as well for the accounts on all entries.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    hey sparkie are we getting the sage and demon skills and r9 3rd cast this next maitnance?
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    b:laugh omg , i was actually telling my friend about the raffle today and she said "dont be surprise if pwi gave you maiden chest instead"

Maiden chest isnt anything compared to Eclipse Package, and the odds of you being in the chosen 20 are so low b:shutup...
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    [QUOTE=

Maiden chest isnt anything compared to Eclipse Package, and the odds of you being in the chosen 20 are so low b:shutup...[/QUOTE]

i agree...wouldnt mind just skipping the whole drawing and getting Lord Gug avatar card and call it good
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Even though I really appreciate the free stuff I think it's kinda lame you are the taking the pack away for a maiden kissed chest but oh well. thank you anyway.

Mr. Justice
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Now would be a GREAT time to tell us about this great new DQ program you are giving us that we were promised over a year ago. Would be really awesome to hear about it....we are so excited for the chance to actually make use of DQ again...... (INTENSE SARCASM)
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You don't ship to Europe, rite?b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • filipenogueras
    filipenogueras Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi PWI Users. You'll receive free daily packs that will grant you a chance for various itens such as 8* D. Orbs, Medal of Glory, War Avatar Packs, Tokens of Luck and a lot more !!!

Oh wait, nvm... take these Maiden-Kissed Chests instead b:laugh
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    yea.. pretty silly change the packs, so classy
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm putting this here, as we had some issues with this raffle and because so, had to change some of the rules, along with start date.

It was previously supposed to start on the 17th, however with the expansion launch came a lot of issues. This caused us to delay the raffle a bit (now starts on 12/24/14 and ends 1/23/15)

Alongside this, we found a few issues that just wouldn't work, so we had to improvise. There will still be 20 winners, and you will still be selected at random. The major change is outlined below:

Previous

You had to use a code to redeem an Eclipse Package. Inside was a token that you would let you know if you've won a chance at the raffle (Think Golden Ticket) This turned out to not work...at all. So we changed it.

Now

All you have to do now is redeem a code for a maiden kissed chest. These codes will be in-game, on the forums, and our social pages. If you redeem it, you become eligible for a chance in the lottery. We'll then pick 20 of whoever redeemed it, and raffle their names for prizes.

The only other change is, we'll no longer have codes for Dragon Orbs after the 20 winners. This may change, but for now I've been told to hold off on that.

Also, link to the blog: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9011023-dawn-of-eclipse-raffle%21

While I understand things happen to cause issues here and there...this seems to be a growing common concern.

Maybe in the future, to prevent mini riots and mass disappointment, try preventing from promising certain things.

Like times of events, items included with event, rules of event, rewards of event, hell...even the event itself.

How can you compare Maiden Kissed chests that are full of...well, junk, to the packages you were going to send out?

*sigh*
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • thedoc1212
    thedoc1212 Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    so you took all the good things we could get away and now we get junk instead of a chance of items that people want or need. please rethink this.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    aside from the ipad air, maybe im the only one that would bypass the rest and just want the 14th - 20th Prize lol...

I want those plushies! MINE!!!

On topic, Sparkles, please clarify what the people outside the U.S. or Canada will have a chance to win, as all the past giveaways exclude physical gifts from being sent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Wow garbage who wants maiden kiss the other one had actual good stuff even if you didnt win the main raffle.

you got useful stuff with the exception of the warsoul mats i wont even buy your packs that have that garbage id rather have 15 tokens of luck then 1 warsoul mat that you need 5x 99 to make a weapon with.

kinda slap in the face here that flush that's you maiden kiss down the toilet Jsb:chuckleb:pleased
  • zoner112012
    edited December 2014
    Options
    People QQing about something we havent even had yet and I am STILL sitting here waiting to hear about the DQ system we lost and were promised would be replaced.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Not your prob to worry about the QQing LOL, also there is a thread specifically made for the DQ system so go post your dq comments on there.
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • xdarkangelkiarax
    xdarkangelkiarax Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Oh funny how when you bring out a brand new pack for the boutique they always work perfectly without an issue...

but when its for a fun event.... oh why did I even bother getting excited about this.

Maiden-Kissed Chests are full of junk...do any of you pwi staff even realise how much of a let down this is? Course not, you probably don't play.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    i want the giant bunny companion pet

please put it in the raffle : (
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • zoner112012
    edited December 2014
    Options
    malllliii wrote: »
    Not your prob to worry about the QQing LOL, also there is a thread specifically made for the DQ system so go post your dq comments on there.

Oh yes because that has proven to be such a succesful venue for the people wanting to know when we are getting this promised new DQ system. You are right i should totally ONLY post my issues with not having the DQ replacement system we were promised ONLY on that thread...i mean its not like they are ACTIVELY avoiding the subject and not replying or anything.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • thedoc1212
    thedoc1212 Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    so decided to get rid of it since you took away the good items and not say anything i love it
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

. . .

(now starts on 12/24/14 and ends 1/23/15)
    . . .

Now

All you have to do now is redeem a code for a maiden kissed chest. These codes will be in-game, on the forums, and our social pages.

. . .

So has this actually started? I've cheecked here in the forums - as much as one can - and the 'social pages' and haven't seen word one about the event or related codes for it.
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • laiwaisan
    edited December 2014
    Options
    NOPE and worst all they did was post the exact same code for the booster pill today which if you had already claim it wont work algain same code lol
  • geochris
    geochris Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So, PWI is really doing this? Replacing the Eclipse pack with maiden kissed chests is like a restaurant offering a free steak dinner then as the customers are just waiting to be seated the restaurant says oops our mistake we can't give you steak but instead we will give you a peanut. A peanut is the equivalent of the maiden kissed chest. This is just a major bait and switch.

For the most part I could care less about the "raffle" part of this. I play PWI on a computer and guess what I use a keyboard and mouse. Additionally 20 prizes for all of those who play is quite poor odds so the only truly good part for most people would have been the Eclipse pack. So without the Eclipse pack it is really not worth my time entering codes to receive 1 maiden kiss pack where I can get 5000exp, 3 mysterious chips, a buff pot or other such junk. Last year for the expansion release event i got 50 hyper stones; this year i might get lucky and receive 50 mysterious chips. I could do better auto cultivating on snowmen for 1 night.

For the most part I dislike most of the QQ on the forums. This was just a disappointment to me as i was looking forward to this not for the ridiculous low chance at getting one of the "top" 20 prizes but for getting the eclipse packs. Will this make me rage quit, no. However this is just one more example of how we get promised something nice and get it replaced with worthless junk. I have been playing since 2008 so this type of bate and switch is nothing that I haven't seen before but it is ALWAYS disappointing when it happens.
  • Ocelote - Lost City
    Ocelote - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    well no code for anything, no surprise but there are a lot of examples of why most of us dont espect nothing from pwe i even stopped playiong other titles and even tried to stop playing PWI, a lot of my friends just left ... but i am addicted to it XD, we espect nothing and yet get dissappointed XD b:chuckle b:laugh b:surrender
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So..where are the codes? i think its 25th PWE time too now, and i didnt saw any codes anywhere
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I can see why they changed the raffle item for this event; what would be the point of disallowing the insta 95 pills for the new race, if they can get free S cards for them? They'd be set up as OP, and any event with ranking based on class would be unbalanced by pure luck. If it's going to be unbalanced any, they'd better be paying out the *** for it, not getting it free in such a random method.
  • peregrina23
    peregrina23 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So.....is this still happening?
  • laiwaisan
    edited December 2014
    Options
    well sparky gave us something awesome instead of maiden kiss he hooked us up with avatar b-s card pack and 2xc-a pack b:pleased score but wonder why he included a diamond ring its useless unless your married?

Just Npc it i guess wuv you sparky thx appreciate it
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yay Sparkie yet agian to the rescue !

Even though i personally didnt get anything good from the S and A packs...lots of friends did and everyone was excited..

Ty agian Sparkie