Horns

VitoryXXX - Archosaur
VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
Do we really need them? wouldn't it be better just to remove from game? 90% of time it is used for stupid reason and 9% for reason that only 1 other person cares about and 1% to make a squad or something.
An example of stupidity - ''Just need space sorry for horn'' Well why apologize if you can just NPC the damn thing?
So if not remove it completely then at least an option to mute it? Because i don't want to listen to that **** and since that Free LVL 1-95 stone + code for it to will last 12/17/14 - 1/16/15 (which is probably the stupidest idea pwi done so far.Everyone who start game will be 95 instantly) there will be a massive amount of those horns + nabs who as same questions every day because they can't read.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
100-100-102 Demon Psychic
100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
And other alt's i don't play~
Post edited by VitoryXXX - Archosaur on

Comments

• zombienationz
    zombienationz Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lol just npc the thing? no wayyyyyyyyyyy u watch our stupidity!!!
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Lol, I still got 10 horns left... And i will be getting some more soon. XD

I never apologize for them. I find them funny.
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    edited December 2014
    Lol, I still got 10 horns left... And i will be getting some more soon. XD

I never apologize for them. I find them funny.

Well if you are 10 years old then i guess it is funny, otherwise they just aren't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well if you are 10 years old then i guess it is funny, otherwise they just aren't.

Exactly this.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nearen - Dreamweaver
    Nearen - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    b:thanks
    Well I did notice a few things about the HOrns.

They are distracting annoying and all around boysterious even when players aren't yelling whatever obcenity they can get away with at the time.

I think it would be nice if we could turn off the popup horn thing at least. Even if it appers in chat this should make them more tolerable. Thou in all honesty I want to see a toggle option to turn off the horn completly.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The separate window truly annoys me. Even if I set it in a corner, it will be back to its default space. It also freezes any drag-and-drop of an item, which is terrible.

Whoever felt it was funny/cool to give them as a leveling reward needs to get kicked in the butt with spiked shoes a hundred times or more in a row.

That said, I wouldn't have minded for them to be sold in the boutique, but under two conditions:
    - to be really expensive and unable to be created by anything;
    - to have an option to not make them silent.

Seriously, the marquee, red spam, snowman spam, abomination spam and soon santa spam aren't enough from you, PWE? b:angry
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    edited December 2014
    I was gonna make a poll on this to see how many people would agree that horns should be removed kept or at least option to be muted, but i don't really know how to make a poll, don't really sit much in forums...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I was gonna make a poll on this to see how many people would agree that horns should be removed kept or at least option to be muted, but i don't really know how to make a poll, don't really sit much in forums...
    it's pointless. China implemented it, not PWE. PWE DID remove them from the cash shop because of complaints. but they cannot do more than that. and if you think it is bad now, you should have witnessed the beginnings of it all. Be thankful there are not that many floating about.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Horns are fine for recruiting/searching squad members or other meaningful things, though.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    edited December 2014
    Horns are fine for recruiting/searching squad members or other meaningful things, though.

That's a very small minority that use horns for that, and factions that want to recruit will spam world chat whole day anyway same with squads, they spam until they get people needed.And if anyone would be looking for faction i doubt that he/she would have world chat off as well as squad searching.Buy/Sell as well if i need something i will use world chat or just monitor it if someone is selling.
    There's a reason why i have my world chat off all the time but i can't mute the horns that's why it would be great to have either mute option or get them removed. And i believe if PWI managed to keep FC broken for so long after every update from China then i am sure it is possible for them to remove horns as well, they can't be that useless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've never used a horn and never will. Don't care what they are used for...every use for horns is annoying
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I hate horns. Badly.

I do agree that it having it's own separate window with no toggle option is stupid. I remember a few runs in the past, where a critical moment happened, and I couldn't click on the player's name because the horn popped up and got in the way...

Yeah....I hate horns.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • TruthWarren - Raging Tide
    TruthWarren - Raging Tide Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Teleacoustics are fine for recruiting/searching squad members or other meaningful things. We don't need horns to do that. If people wanted to see what was being said in a public channel, they wouldn't turn world chat off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iwotm8?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Outcry against horns got them removed from the boutique, way back when. But China's playerbase seems to be fine with them, so we're just going to have to live with the more and more ways to get them from quest rewards.

Just like with DQ value nerf, China's going to do what China wants, and we suffer the consequences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • TruthWarren - Raging Tide
    TruthWarren - Raging Tide Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Outcry against horns got them removed from the boutique, way back when. But China's playerbase seems to be fine with them, so we're just going to have to live with the more and more ways to get them from quest rewards.

Just like with DQ value nerf, China's going to do what China wants, and we suffer the consequences.

Then some may start looking for alternative ways to deal with them, including client-side modifications that block messages sent via Horn from appearing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iwotm8?
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I like Horns.WC should be able to change font color though.
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Lol you guys take these things to seriously. Jeez, take a chill pill. It's only a game. If every once in a while someone wants to be silly or annoying as you like to call it let it. I do post stupid stuff with horns. I also use them to find a bh squad or blow thru 5 of them to set up a squad (why because I'm important enough to let my voice be heard by everyone) ;)
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • zigheart92
    zigheart92 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The only good use i've seen of a horn was when i used one to troll a friend saying he was giving away free FC heads >.> he got spamed for 30 mins xD
  • dontbeabytch
    dontbeabytch Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Do we really need them? wouldn't it be better just to remove from game? 90% of time it is used for stupid reason and 9% for reason that only 1 other person cares about and 1% to make a squad or something.
    An example of stupidity - ''Just need space sorry for horn'' Well why apologize if you can just NPC the damn thing?
    So if not remove it completely then at least an option to mute it? Because i don't want to listen to that **** and since that Free LVL 1-95 stone + code for it to will last 12/17/14 - 1/16/15 (which is probably the stupidest idea pwi done so far.Everyone who start game will be 95 instantly) there will be a massive amount of those horns + nabs who as same questions every day because they can't read.

Also, ppl who you have on your block list can still see chat from the blocked player. And alot of times, horns are used to start drama. If you have someone blocked, it should also include horns. It's not like we need to call 911 for them cause they cant, so we MUST see the horn. Blocks should include ALL forms of chat, not just a couple.
  • bellecat2
    bellecat2 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Agree b:sad
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well I dont like the horn spam as I said, but few horns once in a while really do not bother me that much, at least if theyre being used somewhat wisely. They're - after all - free. They also tend to draw players' attention, in a good or bad way.

I'm not going to waste the horns by NPCing them when I can use them somehow else, however not going to start the spamming either.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • vitafusion3
    vitafusion3 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If only PWI made an option to disable the horns through settings... b:chuckle
  • laseek
    laseek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There's no need for horns to pollute every channel and be unable to filter them
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2014
    They love them in China, and since that's where our version comes from.....

At least PWE has stood up for us in limiting the availability of them. Imagine if they were still in the boutique...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They love them in China, and since that's where our version comes from.....

At least PWE has stood up for us in limiting the availability of them. Imagine if they were still in the boutique...
    maybe they should make an appearance for these whiners to see just what WE had to put up with way back when. What do you think Sylen?

for all the newbies:
    We had them a WEEK with the spam it was impossible to do ANYTHING with a group. try playing like that
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?