Brazilians and PWI

13»

Comments

• Xeonara - Archosaur
    Xeonara - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No, not at you. More at the ones with the "zomgz such racist, whole world not speck englis" bs.

Ah, okay. I wasn't sure. I'm from Denmark, so I'm a part of the European audience.
    We can't use our æ, ø and å. Norway uses those letters too, though. I'm not sure of any other languages not "working" and I'm not bothering to find out, since English should be used.
    I really do not understand what is going on here and it really confused the friend I play with (and myself).
    They do need to understand, however... if they want to use a language other than English they should use it in their squads/factions/etc...
    It's really not right to speak another language if you know the main language is English, and that the people you are with can't speak your language.
    I remember I joined a squad once and the group was speaking in romanized Russian. They knew my friend and I don't speak Russian, yet they invited us and suddenly can't speak English. That's not right at all, no matter how you look at it. We didn't join up with them again, that's the most I can say.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    When this expansion came out in china the Russians were all over the PWCN test server trying out the new classes. Some of us from PWI were there as well. They made tons of findings that helped us in our exploration of the new content. Conversing with them via google translate was funny but things died down pretty fast. Give it a bit of time.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • LoreKing - Archosaur
    LoreKing - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In PWBR, r9 costs thousands of dollars. I hear of people spending over 10-20,000 dollars just for r9 or a warsoul weapon.

Those trolls are mainly 12-20 y.o. kids that don't have anything else to do but to bug people, and I truly HOPE they are going back to their corner soon. Back in 2008 when I played PWBR, I didn't see the players as so rude and trollers as they are today, but recently I found many of those in private servers so I think that's where most of them come from. The difference I think is that the average age of PWI players is 20-40, while in Brazil it's 10-20, so it's a shock for both sides.

Sadly I think they are a good portion of Brazil... the actual respectful, polite and trustworthy people are a minority. It's complicated to explain what's happening with our youth, but more and more young people seem to be growing brainless and futile. Well we don't have much of a good life perspective, so brazilians don't even understand or know what it means to live among polite, friendly and well educated people. Some of them can't adapt. It is our duty, we, that see things from a different perspective, to understand people's limitations and try to respect the differences. I don't approve their behavior AT ALL but I do understand why it happens. Lucky for me, I'm moving to Canada in 2 months. b:pleased

Seriously, banning our IPs would be terrible as there are many old players (such as myself) who worked hard for their gear, spent a lot of money and have many friends in the game. The only fair thing to do is to ban trollers regardless of where they come from (or at least mute them on WC).

Thanks for your attention

P.S. Hunkary is the noobest psy of Dreamweaver *-*

Yeah, in PWBR we spend about 15-20k reais (changing for dollars, 7,6k dollars) to make a r9r gear without sockets and overs (I don't know what term you use for +11"+12,etc)
    But is our best gear, it's equivalent of a r9rrr here. The cauldrons of Nation Wars are editted according with PWCH templates... We don't have trials itens on these, we pay 60 NW tokens +1mi for 1 Rapture Crystal, and the r9rr/r9rrr itens are incredibly expensive (just see pwdatabase)

One General Summer's Token costs approximately 72m,and is rare to see one of this item on the personal shops. We got 6 servers with good population in each, but we suffer with the developer's support, and because of this we were hit with in 2 rollbacks (wipe) in just one month
    The first came because the developer put in gshop (without our knowledge) 2 chests (those that drops Perfect - Token of Luck and other itens, like Scroll of Tome) with wrong price. The normal costs - 300 GOLD (approximately 50 cents), but here came at 12 GOLD... Thousand of ppl bought 3k+ chests in 35 minutes.. And there came the first rollback

The second was more serious. In black friday, the developer usually puts a 50-100% bonus in GOLD purchasing. But 1 day after this, some of users (including me) noticed that we received approximately 500-1000% in bonus. Yeah, that's what you saw. 1000%. We came back THREE DAYS in time because of a consequent rollback. YES, THREE DAYS.

And that's 2 reasons of why br's came to PWI.

I hope that mod don't take my post with bad looks, I'm just showing what happens across the globe.

Thanks and sorry again for bad English! I'm trying to improve it hehe.

Just kidding:

Sweetiebot, are BR's welcome in PWI?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Sweetiebot, are BR's welcome in PWI?
    Are you honest?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    SweetieBot, Show me magic!
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited December 2014
    SweetieBot, Show me magic!
    Sure, no problem.

Image of magic!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• vadoenathy
    vadoenathy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think all this unnecessary, if the server is international to that bloquiar an IP of a whole country?, not to mention that many Brazilians on PWI, do not understand the language of the game, so it has some problems, what we are trying to do is avoid these people who so want to make disorder, or even to report, I'm BR game PWI just to meet new, to do better in PWBR, I do not move with anyone, because I would banish for others to blame? if there is GM's only report it and let the rest with him.
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jaytrain91 wrote: »
    They have their own version they need to go back to it

Sounds like: Yankee, go home! You have your own country!

Please, don't be so moron! b:bye
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vadoenathy wrote: »
    I think all this unnecessary, if the server is international to that bloquiar an IP of a whole country?, not to mention that many Brazilians on PWI, do not understand the language of the game, so it has some problems, what we are trying to do is avoid these people who so want to make disorder, or even to report, I'm BR game PWI just to meet new, to do better in PWBR, I do not move with anyone, because I would banish for others to blame? if there is GM's only report it and let the rest with him.

There has been several people (not only Brazilians) that have passed through my faction and had to eventually leave because we couldn't help them in any way since they didn't know a tiny bit of English. Even though this is a game, this is also a MMORPG, "MM" standing for Massive Multiplayer... This is not the kind of game you play solo (some forget about that though). Anyway, what I am trying to get at is that if someone can't understand English to the point you can't communicate at all, maybe this is not the game for them because unless they get in a faction that speaks the same language as them (there are a few in RT) they won't go very far, which will make the game not so fun... The game itself is in English, most of the people speak English (either it's their first, second, fifth language, doesn't matter). Anyway, again, I make my point that I couldn't care less about what they are saying as long as they stopped spamming WC.

It seems to be getting better, but it's still annoying when you want to make a squad and all you see in WC is "HU3 HU3 HU3 BR BR BR BR BR BR *Insert random offensive Portuguese sentence here in caps*"

Again, like I said on my first post, I don't agree with the IP block and PWI would not do that or anything else for that matter to be honest. This thread was open more to discuss it than to stop it because, let's face it, there is no way to stop it.

Mr. Justice
  • ZetsumieX - Raging Tide
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If u ask me, no offense to the "good BR" (that are i think around 1-2% of them), i would just ban them all to go to their version.
    Just like chinese and other asians are banned for having their own versions, BR should be too.
    I can "miss" those 1-2% of you for the greater good of having all other 98-99% of annoying BRs gone.

p.s. personal opinion, idc if someone agrees or not with me.
  • Eruvanda - Dreamweaver
    Eruvanda - Dreamweaver Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If u ask me, no offense to the "good BR" (that are i think around 1-2% of them), i would just ban them all to go to their version.
    Just like chinese and other asians are banned for having their own versions, BR should be too.
    I can "miss" those 1-2% of you for the greater good of having all other 98-99% of annoying BRs gone.

p.s. personal opinion, idc if someone agrees or not with me.

Good thing nobody asked you anything b:chuckle
  • eveenelforo
    eveenelforo Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nbreaking wrote: »

It seems to be getting better, but it's still annoying when you want to make a squad and all you see in WC is "HU3 HU3 HU3 BR BR BR BR BR BR *Insert random offensive Portuguese sentence here in caps*".

More offensive to me was to read in WC a girl selling 5 min of cyber s3x for 10m of coins ingame. b:shutup
  • TruthWarren - Raging Tide
    TruthWarren - Raging Tide Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    More offensive to me was to read in WC a girl selling 5 min of cyber s3x for 10m of coins ingame. b:shutup

At least she was honest. Most gold diggers try to be sneaky about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iwotm8?
  • feipesaints
    feipesaints Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, I usually do not put me in that kind of discussion so because I do not usually tell my nationality. Anyway, I am Brazilian but I am a person worthy enough to be able to play in international servers (as already played in the Korean and Japanese), so good that there are peculiarities, people without education and everything, but there are only Brazilians not bad educated? So many times I see people from other countries in the global offending, sending PM and especially insulting my country and even my family. The way you approach this discussion is totally xenophobia, I'm not defedendo ever, but know that there are despresíveis people, but they are not just Brazilians. Yes, make a campaign and denounce being a nuisance to you, give ban on deserving but punish an entire nation because of a few, it is honestly a complete injustice. Look at me, I'm a shadow on PWI, set in harshlands, never send global, only to ask for help on some mission, I speak in English / Spanish for not intrudizir a different language in the chat. So please do not take this to the front, there are so many people they are wonderful and do not deserve this injustice.
    Hugs! b:bye
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited May 2015
    Well, I usually do not put me in that kind of discussion so because I do not usually tell my nationality. Anyway, I am Brazilian but I am a person worthy enough to be able to play in international servers (as already played in the Korean and Japanese), so good that there are peculiarities, people without education and everything, but there are only Brazilians not bad educated? So many times I see people from other countries in the global offending, sending PM and especially insulting my country and even my family. The way you approach this discussion is totally xenophobia, I'm not defedendo ever, but know that there are despresíveis people, but they are not just Brazilians. Yes, make a campaign and denounce being a nuisance to you, give ban on deserving but punish an entire nation because of a few, it is honestly a complete injustice. Look at me, I'm a shadow on PWI, set in harshlands, never send global, only to ask for help on some mission, I speak in English / Spanish for not intrudizir a different language in the chat. So please do not take this to the front, there are so many people they are wonderful and do not deserve this injustice.

Hugs!

This looks like a NECRO!

feipesaints replied to a message that was 5 months 2 days 7 hours 31 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Brazilians always be necroing topics on forums, yo.
  • Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide
    Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In before lock. b:victory
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2015

My questions, does the other player pay before or after the cyber chat?

If person A pays before, Person B can run away with 10m.

If person A pays is suppose to pay after, there is nothing forcing person A to pay up later.

I don't see how the payment would work out, anyone got ideas?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Yeah... time to close this.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.