PWI is ridiculously senseless

Athazel - Archosaur
Athazel - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
It is kind of funny how PWI from a great game has become so simple and idiotic. With every update they **** certain things up.

All drops are nerfed because of botters, but who gave us the botting feature? They would better just take it out and keep all drops as it was before. Every year PWI gets nerfed more and more. From drops to bosses. I remember at 2010 I needed help to kill Jewelscalen, that flying pink dragon. I had to get two lvl 100's to kill him because he was wiping decent barb out with couple shots. Now all it takes is lv80 with at least decent gear to kill him. Same goes to pretty much every boss.

Now the leveling. They offer us stones now. Every stone gives certain amount of exp and you can level up like it effortlessly in seconds. Now wonder.. how many noobs will there be? I've already seen arcane barbs, and what not. It's like they make us lose the interest for the game on the purpose.

Now the new race. Good job, PWI. You totally screwed up there. Now you can run and cast all at the same time, so practically all other races are dull now and boring, pretty useless if you ask me.

Also what I am pissed about is TM. They took 69 and 79 out, and now only 89, or whatever it was exists. Not everybody can afford those. Thankfully I made it before it was taken out, but looking at other people and seeing them being upset that it is so expensive to afford and all, I can easily understand them.

I am here just to express my feelings, and I care not if somebody won't like it. I am done with this game, and I'm happy to say that at last, lol.
Post edited by Athazel - Archosaur on

Comments

• deathbytuna
    deathbytuna Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Preach it man preach it!!

Yeah the negative people who wil lrespond are the ones that is going to be cashing.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    instead of posting on the forums why not redirect your anger to who actually develops this game.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    All drops are nerfed because of botters, but who gave us the botting feature? They would better just take it out and keep all drops as it was before. Every year PWI gets nerfed more and more. From drops to bosses. I remember at 2010 I needed help to kill Jewelscalen, that flying pink dragon. I had to get two lvl 100's to kill him because he was wiping decent barb out with couple shots. Now all it takes is lv80 with at least decent gear to kill him. Same goes to pretty much every boss.

Are you kidding me? You needed level 100s to take out Jewelscalen? Neither you, nor they, were at all approaching decent in skill for playing this game.

This was a boss that was done with +0 to +2 level refinement, NPC/2* gear by level 5X and 6X players, depending on how much range their skill level gave them. That's how it was done in 2008. If you think 100s, or even 80s are required to do that 2 years after the fact, then skill was quite obviously already on a downhill slide by the time you got here.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Are you kidding me? You needed level 100s to take out Jewelscalen? Neither you, nor they, were at all approaching decent in skill for playing this game.

This was a boss that was done with +0 to +2 level refinement, NPC/2* gear by level 5X and 6X players, depending on how much range their skill level gave them. That's how it was done in 2008. If you think 100s, or even 80s are required to do that 2 years after the fact, then skill was quite obviously already on a downhill slide by the time you got here.
    very well said. I first tried it as a veno and got it down a decent amount before I got recked by the AOE. My sin did it fairly well avoiding taking all the damage from attacks, but I went down after that AOE debuff. NEITHER of these were 100, in fact.. lower 60s I think
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • TemptingFire - Dreamweaver
    TemptingFire - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've been playing since 2009 and i honestly couldn't disagree with you more. The new expansion actually got me interested in the game again. I lost interest almost 6 months ago and quit playing completely.

This expansion is probably one of the best ideas perfect world has had in a while. The new classes are new and refreshing. Why are you crying about NEW and EXCITING content? We're you really happy with the same old boring content? If you actually liked the game you wouldn't be boo-hooing over all the changed in the game and actually enjoying it.

The DQ items being nerfed had nothing to do with the botters. They were originally all supposed to be nerfed when the lower level ones we're nerfed because DQ was completely taken out of the game (supposed to be). They removed the DQ system and when they removed that DQ was supposed to go to. Nerfing them is their way of eliminating them without having to take them out of the game.

If anything bosses are a little harder now since everything was bumped up. Before the expansion on my Mystic who is G16/G15 rb1 level 101 i could solo 79 no problem. I tried yesterday and Sty took me out with three hits. So everything isn't as easy to solo as you think.

If you actually are quitting then have fun with doing so.
  • meranya
    meranya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    All good things come to an end eventually. PWI is no different. The times everybody universally enjoyed are long gone and not, seemingly, coming back at any time.

But do you regret the good times too? Do you regret having fun here while it lasted? You shouldn't. You had the privilege of feeling enjoyment for something, which isn't a thing many people have felt or feel anymore. Even if all we are left with now is a memory, it's better than nothing. There will always be things we will feel nostalgic about, because nothing ever stays the same.

I do agree the new classes kind of made the old ones dull. Probably not for most people who invested far too much effort into their mains and will cling to them as 'the best' still as to honor that effort, but me personally, after rolling a Stormy, I could never look at my Veno the same way again.
    It is worth mentioning though that the abilities of this class were something I longed for. They remind me of a character in one of my most favorite single player game ever, who could move while using her skills/weapons.

The point is, that while everything is different, there might still be something worth trying out and experiencing here. If not, then all you can do is step out with dignity.
    The game itself won't flip and make a 90 degrees turn from forum threads. Or have a 3 years or more worth of rollbacks. The players who utterly despise the changes are a minority compared to what you find ingame, of all the people who actively play it still and charge to support it.

Everyone seems to think they know what is best, including me. I think I should fund and drag some people into a project to create my own MMO someday, see how much better we can do in this obnoxious gaming market.
    "There are two things you cannot always reason with in this world - your own mind and the minds of other people. But you can try."
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    very well said. I first tried it as a veno and got it down a decent amount before I got recked by the AOE. My sin did it fairly well avoiding taking all the damage from attacks, but I went down after that AOE debuff. NEITHER of these were 100, in fact.. lower 60s I think

Have a cleric heal you, you filthy casual. We actually used clerics to heal each other back in the day
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Complain to Wanmei. They are the ones that enforce what we get from PWE/Arc Games.

And as for the new classes sure they are fun but I still prefer my seeker. Also the stone to get levels is optional. You actually don't have to use it. I prefer playing certain classes in the 60s to 90s up to 100+. I used the stone on two classes I never could get into, those being a barb and a wizard thinking maybe at 100+ I could find more enjoyment from them, though it will be a while before I get around to playing them
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The lowest I've heard of that did Jewel was 2 lv 50 clerics.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think I soloed Jewels on a lvl 53 alt barb...
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    All drops are nerfed because of botters, but who gave us the botting feature? They would better just take it out and keep all drops as it was before.

You can be unhappy but you're totally wrong in your facts. PWCN servers were full of bots long time before the introduction of autoculti...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89