Options
2»

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hello.
    While you all have high level characters, my highest character in all accounts is level 40 or so. How am I going to play now? I ve just joined recently.

Dreamchaser pack, JJ daily.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Gnarrr - Lost City
    Gnarrr - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    just do your Jolly Ole Jones quests for coin and enjoy the game. Being new you don't have the expectations built in yet like some of us older players.

The game itself is fun and there are lots of different things to do and explore.
  • ironknight
    ironknight Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Ummmm I think u miss the point of his complaint.

Even tho he didn't outright say it I understood the problem I think. The problem isn't so much not being able to make repairs as much as not being able to improve gears.

No need to farm, grind, bot, etc if you're not trying to improve your toon.

If all I was worried about was repairing gears, I would just park my toons at Jolly ole Jones and gather coin.

However, on Sanctuary server gold goes for 4.5 - 5m and GSTs are usually @14m. Thats lots of days not being able to play.

As far as some sucessfull player giving you a few million out of the goodness of their hearts is slim to none.

You don't see the big picture and I am done here. Google the word "Inflation". "Improve your toon?" Yes by 1:paying money or 2: catshop 24/7. Or 3: Bot 24/7 on x accounts(ops bye bye and good riddance).

Yes the drop nerf hurts new players and I really am at a lose as to what to say about that, make alts and do JJ?

I played this when gold was 100-300k gtfo 4mil gold inflated prices. This nerf is fine but will take many years for prices to go down. I don't know if people complaining understand the SHEER MASSIVE amount of coin in-game, well cause it's insane.

• erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Man this thread makes me not want to play again lol

I know, I'm starting to reconsider coming back due to this even though it was expected but stubborn as I am with what I worked for in this game I'm going to come back and experience for myself if JOJ is still around then I might be ok ~ I never did the bot system or least not as much as I've seen others do, so I'm not worried if they remove it completely. It'll be a challenge but I just can't seem to quit after all this time. As some have said, gotta deal with changes.
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The gear and dq price nerfs will only really hurt under geared people. The rest of us who 1 or 2 shot mobs won't suffer the repair prices.

Your only choice now is JJ alts. Well until they rid the game of that as well. Merching is not a viable way to generate coins, it only usurps them from other players. Other players with less or no coins means merchers will take a hit on sales. Less ability to move stock.

I see a stagnated economy upon us. Stagnated is much worse than inflated.

On the bright side, we should all have lvl 95 alts about to be BH100 alts very soon.
  • Natae - Archosaur
    Natae - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have been playing this game since the first year that it started . I am seriously looking to find another game ....prices are so hi that you cant afford anything and now you take away even the high dq points. That is the way I made my money! If it is to stop the bots, why just not get rid of that part of the game and not take away the only way some of us have to make money!! Why not delete the bots like you did the dq money!!!
    b:angry
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So why do we still have this earning time garbage?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

She speaks the truth! WHY do we?!?
  • Larkel - Heavens Tear
    Larkel - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ironknight wrote: »
    You don't see the big picture and I am done here. Google the word "Inflation". "Improve your toon?" Yes by 1:paying money or 2: catshop 24/7. Or 3: Bot 24/7 on x accounts(ops bye bye and good riddance).

Yes the drop nerf hurts new players and I really am at a lose as to what to say about that, make alts and do JJ?

I played this when gold was 100-300k gtfo 4mil gold inflated prices. This nerf is fine but will take many years for prices to go down. I don't know if people complaining understand the SHEER MASSIVE amount of coin in-game, well cause it's insane.

I played when the game first came out and I took a break, and I guess I missed out on the whole autoculti thing during that break. I've come back and took a look at the AH and I was like holy #$%^. I definitely understand the massive amount of coin you are talking about.

It became clear to me really fast that people had amassed a lot of coin during that time, and that gold won't be clearing out for a long time. 25 million for this and that, like it is a drop in the bucket??

It's hard to play this game and not want all the flashy things you see. So coming to the game and starting out at level 95 will be extremely frustrating...I doubt they will stick around long.
  • ZetsumieX - Raging Tide
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

my best guess will be, uhm... xp got from mobs? how about everyone bot their chars 24/7 till they get to 105, right? :D
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ... botting for 105^3 will take you well over 3 years. And that's if you bot nonstop. Going for 101^3 is doable though.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • ZetsumieX - Raging Tide
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    this brings me to the question:

What's best place to Autoculti for XP for lvl 100+?

a. Map3
    b. Morai
    c. Primal
    d. Heaven / Hell
    e. Dessert

I only used autoculti like 3 times. 2 times in OHT map 3 and 1 time on wiz 8x alt on fishes in sea of isolation and mostly for xp.
  • deathbytuna
    deathbytuna Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You guys act like you all have a 1mill repair bill on a daily basis. I have 14 alt YES 14 ALTS! I play each one on a daily basis and I don't even worry about repair cost because I repair after each toon I use unless I forget witch is rarely,and I don't even bot. Botting was a machine for massive coin a machine to abuse and exploit and the ones who complain are the ones who have abused the feature.Will all seriousness they just need to wipe the slate clean of the bot feature and you all can go sit in the real of reflection..nuff said.

If you cant make money in this game.b:bye
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I can make coin from bh100 and selling avatar packs I make from flowsilver.

Thing is, I'd much rather USE the packs, and bh100 tends (appropriately) to not always give a good reward. Usually (annoyingly) it gives chips that actually COST you if you intend to use them.

My stormbringer is 81 now, and I've barely had to kill much of anything because quests have been stripped of most of the mob kills and given huge buffs to xp. That is more or less okay by me.

But if it HADN'T changed that way I'd be screwed after killing 70 petalii or whatever and getting maybe 4k after an hour of killing to cover way more repairs, and then hopefully have SOMETHING to use on skills and teleporting.

I'm glad there are coin sinks like skills and teleporting and repairs. But the costs of such were balanced around PEOPLE GETTING COIN FROM ACTUALLY PLAYING THE DAMN GAME, and not hoarding coins like a miser, forgoing any unnecessary combat or leaving town at all unless they have time to waste slow-traveling.

I had a goodly amount of coin set aside for the new class, but I'm down to ~500k with not many quests left undone (other than the ones I COULDN'T because I was leveled right out of range).

I can't do JJ anymore, and have ZERO way to make coin on this character unless I can manage to get some friends to do TT with me, but then we would split the meager fare and then have to find buyers for THE SAME EXACT **** THAT EVERYONE IS NOW FORCED TO FARM TO GET COIN!

So basically TT market is gonna be flooded, prices plummet, the cash shoppers can get everything for cheap and then have much less reason to charge zen right?

Free players will quit because ain't no one got time to spend farming BS for stuff they don't even need just to HOPE to sell it for enough to actually play for FUN.

Cash players will spend less because they don't have to, gold prices might go either way honestly because people being people.

Game dies, or is filled with people not having much fun.

EDIT: gear comes to you on a platter now, and in the new instance after that, so why does it still drop from mobs? Its basically garbage, same as dq items. people went from picking up everything, or everything other than coins, to just ignoring all drops completely or ONLY picking up coins now like I do. Its madness, and no one with half a brain would run a game like that. Take the primary action in the game (killing mobs) that is vital for progression and really 99% of everything there is you CAN do in the game and make it completely unrewarding.

It would be like playing Mario and everytime you jumped it cost you a dozen coins, and you only got coins at the end of each level. Beat the game? Well I guess you are done with needing to jump aren't you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky