Best class for new BH's and regular parties

Options
Kahunny - Dreamweaver
Kahunny - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
Which is the best class for actual BH's and new dungeons. I like only these 5 classes but you can write here about others and why.

Are APS's like BM and Sins still op ?
Post edited by Kahunny - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Any king of healer pretty much... mystic or clerics, it depend how strong your party is, and how much a res or buffs would be needed... Sometimes you don't even need a healer at all (Not even for FSP)..
  • Kahunny - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Thank you for answer :)
    What do you say about other classes i listed ?
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Cleric and Barbs are always looked for to all instances.

APS is kinda dead now. Any smart sin switched to DPH and BMs did the same. Its still usefull for soloing certain things (ex: FW) but in most instances with antiaps buffs on bosses...

Song for enjoyment :D

Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • ethika1
    ethika1 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

APS is kinda dead now. Any smart sin switched to DPH and BMs did the same. Its still usefull for soloing certain things (ex: FW) but in most instances with antiaps buffs on [/URL]

My bm is kinda half way out of aps now and didnt bother changing sin as i just left them game for a break. Exactly how many bosses have antiaps buff now?
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Mystic is best at everything. Massive DD, great tanking ability, instant heals. Only that cheating toad boss in FSP where you don't want to be tanking.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Depends on the instance:
    Any bh19-89, Warsong, AEU and EU still are very kind to APS-classes and more than welcome as your main DD. If they have g15 or higher weapons they can usually tank the aggro in the BH's.

6-man squad: tank+healer+4 DD's, one of those 4 DD's are usually favored to be BM and/or veno for the debuffs.
    10-man squad: barb+healer(s)+1-2 debuffers + fill up with high DD's. Barb isn't necessarily the tank if one of the DD's can manage it, but the buff keeps everyone well alive.

For instances like FSP and UCH you'll always want barb+cler+magic dd+phys dd, and maybe a sin to keep the phys dd's secure about their solo ability b:beatup
  • Toryni - Raging Tide
    Toryni - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Mystic is best at everything. Massive DD, great tanking ability, instant heals. Only that cheating toad boss in FSP where you don't want to be tanking.

Yay! Yes, agreed! Go mystics! b:victoryb:victoryb:laugh
    ~ Toriano ~ Demon Mystic 102-102-101 ~

Sage Cleric 101-101-100/Sage Seeker 100-100-100
    Demon Sin 102-101-8x/Sage Wiz 101-101-100
    Sage Psy 100-100/Demon BM 101/Demon Veno 96
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    For me mystic mainly because i can do everything, Tank DD Heal. And for me works best even without parties can easyly solo BH Abba Sot TT Warsong also can do full delta, basically no need to focus on 1 job, tank,dd or heal, can do all. I still really want to try tanking toad in fsp but if i can't don't wanna be annoying to whole sq if i die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • gamer4jesus
    gamer4jesus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Venomancer was, is and forever will be the best character for anything. b:cute

/Thread
  • Illyn - Raging Tide
    Illyn - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    For me mystic mainly because i can do everything, Tank DD Heal. And for me works best even without parties can easyly solo BH Abba Sot TT Warsong also can do full delta, basically no need to focus on 1 job, tank,dd or heal, can do all. I still really want to try tanking toad in fsp but if i can't don't wanna be annoying to whole sq if i die.

I have to agree. I came from wizard to mystic and it's sooo much better.

1. Now I have useful buffs like ress and invigorate instead of frostblade.
    2. I feel my mystic damage is higher due to lower chan.
    3. I can solo a lot of instances I couldn't with my wiz with same gear.
    4. My phys resistance is almost the same, just a little lower.
    5. I can heal and debuff and I have pets that are amazing against [?] mobs/bosses.

I just miss my wizard ranged aoe skills, but it'll get better after I get primal swirling mist.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Which is the best class for actual BH's and new dungeons. I like only these 5 classes but you can write here about others and why.

Are APS's like BM and Sins still op ?

OK I'm not trying to be a complete *** but lets get a few things straight about the assassin class.

Both sages and demon sins can be aps. Sage APS is safer due to BP, tidal, sage spark, and etc. Demon is faster when you are sparked due to Demon spark and demon wolf emblem.
    However both are equal when it comes to soloing time and oncce you get to a certain level of gear it doesnt matter which culti. They will both solo things with ease. That being said.

Clerics and barbs are still requested by most, and even people who can solo their BH's like myself enjoy cleric/barb buffs. I would suggest stoning the barb to 95 however asap, because its one of the most expensive classes to level by questing.

If you want to be able to solo your BH's with ease however, maybe a sin, mystic, or BM will suit you. I still have my APS set, and use it for most BH's, for anti-aps bosses I'll switch to my r9.
  • Toryni - Raging Tide
    Toryni - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have to agree. I came from wizard to mystic and it's sooo much better.

1. Now I have useful buffs like ress and invigorate instead of frostblade.
    2. I feel my mystic damage is higher due to lower chan.
    3. I can solo a lot of instances I couldn't with my wiz with same gear.
    4. My phys resistance is almost the same, just a little lower.
    5. I can heal and debuff and I have pets that are amazing against [?] mobs/bosses.

I just miss my wizard ranged aoe skills, but it'll get better after I get primal swirling mist.

^^ I did the same and have the same reasons for why I like mystic better than wiz. Also, absorb soul for physical damage...it just rocks and doesn't cost 2 sparks. That being said, I find some of the primal wiz skills to be fun: frozenflame and the water shield for chi. But, it wasn't enough to tempt me away from mystic to be sure. Instant lysing for sleep and debuffs, long range non-sealing aoe now, and stormdance which is SO cool...I would never go back to wiz. I also feel that wiz is being even more eclipsed by the stormbringer. :(
    ~ Toriano ~ Demon Mystic 102-102-101 ~

Sage Cleric 101-101-100/Sage Seeker 100-100-100
    Demon Sin 102-101-8x/Sage Wiz 101-101-100
    Sage Psy 100-100/Demon BM 101/Demon Veno 96
  • Kahunny - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    One more question.

Would some regular BH Squad ( no op +12 guys ) take a Sage BP Sin only for buff and 0 dmg ?