Brazilians and PWI

Options

Comments

• Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    When I first read this post, I thought it was racist. Until I logged in on Arch.

BR's are EVERYWHERE. Spamming WC and Horns with unbelievably stupid stuff (in their own language of course). Trolling people left and right....its a complete nightmare.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Illyn - Raging Tide
    Illyn - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm also Brazilian and I'm ashamed of their behavior. I totally agree about banning the trolls asap, there's no way to reason with them.
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm also Brazilian and I'm ashamed of their behavior. I totally agree about banning the trolls asap, there's no way to reason with them.

I've had multiple BR's tell me that they are absolutely appalled at how their fellow countrymen are acting. I actually enjoy gaming with BR's, they have been around with PWI for as long as I can remember. Most who play LT on here are respectable and are ok with translating for us ignorant, English speaking only folk.

I just don't understand why all of a sudden, its like this. I mean, I get that their version isnt ready for the expansion, but this is really....shocking. Please tell me that this is not a representation of how Brazil actually is.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Illyn - Raging Tide
    Illyn - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I've had multiple BR's tell me that they are absolutely appalled at how their fellow countrymen are acting. I actually enjoy gaming with BR's, they have been around with PWI for as long as I can remember. Most who play LT on here are respectable and are ok with translating for us ignorant, English speaking only folk.

I just don't understand why all of a sudden, its like this. I mean, I get that their version isnt ready for the expansion, but this is really....shocking. Please tell me that this is not a representation of how Brazil actually is.

At least in regard to gaming Brazilian players, yes, unfortunately they are mostly like that, being disrespectful and childish quite often. That's one of the reasons why many Brazilians came to PWI long ago.

However I don't think it's a good representation of Brazilians in general. The ones we are talking about are mostly spoiled teenagers. I like to believe they'll get a little better over time.
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I also wish idiots would stop with that dumb "International" argument when it comes to language. Guess what, PWI doesn't cater to people in China, Taiwan, and I think Macau. I've been to those countries and I've tried; you can't even log in on this website through an IP from those regions. So by that logic, since people from Mandarin-speaking regions can't use this website, no one should be allowed to type in Mandarin in-game.

Seriously, if BRs aren't willing to learn how to communicate in English, we should just exclude them entirely from squads. I've had people who couldn't even read English, turn what should've been a 15-minute dungeon run, into a 45-minute ordeal, trying to communicate through their uncooperative, ****-geared skulls.

As for trolls, Lost City doesn't have that many here(at least, when I'm online), but I do remember one incident of some Filipinos spamming WC with whatever the hell their language is. Bloody annoying, and they should've been banned. A possible solution would be to limit the amount of teles anyone can use in one day, or maybe disable Caps Lock for WC.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I also wish idiots would stop with that dumb "International" argument when it comes to language. Guess what, PWI doesn't cater to people in China, Taiwan, and I think Macau. I've been to those countries and I've tried; you can't even log in on this website through an IP from those regions. So by that logic, since people from Mandarin-speaking regions can't use this website, no one should be allowed to type in Mandarin in-game.

Seriously, if BRs aren't willing to learn how to communicate in English, we should just exclude them entirely from squads. I've had people who couldn't even read English, turn what should've been a 15-minute dungeon run, into a 45-minute ordeal, trying to communicate through their uncooperative, ****-geared skulls.

As for trolls, Lost City doesn't have that many here(at least, when I'm online), but I do remember one incident of some Filipinos spamming WC with whatever the hell their language is. Bloody annoying, and they should've been banned. A possible solution would be to limit the amount of teles anyone can use in one day, or maybe disable Caps Lock for WC.

Like I said, the free teles and horns was stupid. These new accounts do NOT have the money to buy teles just like that and if they wanted that many teles at least help the game and charge some gold <.< Anyway, I speak Portuguese like I said but I never do it in PWI.

Another thing that they are now doing is going into WC and not only speak in Portuguese but do an all BR squad. They say for example (in Portuguese of course) "Looking for BRs only for 39" or "Offering help only to BRs".

Like I said before, I couldn't care less what language they speak in tbh as long as they didn't spam WC and weren't being complete *******s, preventing people from forming squads. Also, another thing that annoys me is that many of these "trolls" keep talking in Portuguese and spamming but when they need help they ask in English and then when someone helps them they start trash talking them in Portuguese again -.-' It's so stupid...

Mr. Justice
  • yumibrasil
    yumibrasil Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So?
    Just like I can't reply you in Portuguese, we are not supposed to speak Portuguese in world chat.

Accept the fact. English is the only language allowed in the game... it's international because people from all countries may join and play it, but not speak their countries' languages in world chat.

If you wanna talk in Portuguese go find a BR faction or a group of brazilians to squad with. b:bye

I'm not asking for u speak on portuguese so read well, the fact that u don't know portuguese Ik LOL b:laugh and is not only english allowed in game/WC , there is no rules for that, I mean ppls can talk on them on language not just on english, Ik is annoying what BR's are doing atm, so just ban who does spam '-' b:laugh Also I never said I want speak on Portguese on world chat, I just send WC on english/Italian but some ppls don't know english well, u just do't get my point
    ^^
    6y8CnTq.jpg?1
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Courage Wolf says: Spot a troll? KILL FOR XP!
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • telomen
    telomen Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot, do you like brazilians?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    telomen wrote: »
    SweetieBot, do you like brazilians?
    Do you like brazilians?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• telomen
    telomen Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yes, let then be happy for 2 weeks!!!
    LEAVE BR ALONE!b:surrender
  • donniedonin
    donniedonin Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    look i'm brazillian too, and i've been playing since 2009, and i want to apologize for them, and yeah they're here just to test the new classes and then go away, i really hope that we can solve this problem without blocking, cause i worked hard to get my accounts where they are now.
  • athenenoctua
    athenenoctua Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It's a cultural thing really. It's a troll gaming community that has spread all over the internet. I think the best way to deal with it would be by just ignoring it - you know, don't feed the trolls - since I don't see PWE doing anything about it. As most people have said already, they'll probably vanish soon, the fun they have with it won't last forever.

Also, I don't wanna be rude but "Brazilian" is not a race, it's a nationality. Hating Brazilians would be a case of Xenophobia (hate towards foreigners), not Racism.
  • pikaxuwithx
    pikaxuwithx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It's a cultural thing really. It's a troll gaming community that has spread all over the internet. I think the best way to deal with it would be by just ignoring it - you know, don't feed the trolls - since I don't see PWE doing anything about it. As most people have said already, they'll probably vanish soon, the fun they have with it won't last forever.

Also, I don't wanna be rude but "Brazilian" is not a race, it's a nationality. Hating Brazilians would be a case of Xenophobia (hate towards foreigners), not Racism.

What about brazilians who hate 90% of their fellow brazilians?
    That's my case I guess... b:laugh
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver
    105/105/105 - achieved on December 25th, 2014 b:dirty christmas present! \o/

b:angry PWI stole my avatar

youtube.com/Hunkary b:victory TW, NW, PvP, PvE and more... videos! :D
  • athenenoctua
    edited December 2014
    Options
    What about brazilians who hate 90% of their fellow brazilians?
    That's my case I guess... b:laugh

I'd personally call it common sense. :)
  • pikaxuwithx
    pikaxuwithx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'd personally call it common sense. :)

Yeah sure.
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver
    105/105/105 - achieved on December 25th, 2014 b:dirty christmas present! \o/

b:angry PWI stole my avatar

youtube.com/Hunkary b:victory TW, NW, PvP, PvE and more... videos! :D
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yeah sure.

The biggest worry wouldn't be PWI caring, but PW BR getting upset they are losing customers that should be theirs from the licensing agreement. If the exodus is large and long term, PWI might be forced to ban them. It's the same reason there wasn't a PW Europe for so long; there was a licensee there already before PWI, it wasn't until it lapsed that something was able to be brought back up.
  • gixgi
    gixgi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    THIS IS THE MOST STUPID AND RACIST THREAD I EVER READ! WAKE UP! WORLD IS NOT ONLY FOR ENGLISH SPEAKERS! MAYBE U SHOULD LEARN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES LIKE OTHERS DO LEARNING ENGLISH AND JUST MAYBE THEN, U WILL APPRECIATE VARIETY IN THIS WORLD.b:shutup
  • haxbarb#3976
    haxbarb#3976 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    gixgi wrote: »
    THIS IS THE MOST STUPID AND RACIST THREAD I EVER READ! WAKE UP! WORLD IS NOT ONLY FOR ENGLISH SPEAKERS! MAYBE U SHOULD LEARN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES LIKE OTHERS DO LEARNING ENGLISH AND JUST MAYBE THEN, U WILL APPRECIATE VARIETY IN THIS WORLD.b:shutup

+1 bud, I dunno why everyone is "worried" with em, that's temporaly, they saw it, a couple of times, plus, all BR's are Hue's? NO !!!
    I don't why the EN speaker's have trouble with these persons, just Ignore, u have a giant Blacklist, PWI servers, are the home of many Brazilians..
    they spent money, they lost time, some just farmed a r9 set, How nice get Banned, after you
    farm your set, or pay to buy that items, I just saw Racist people who haven't problem's with
    Russian's, Chinese's, Spanish's on Tele, what the problem with the BR's? why Spanish persons
    are able to talk at tele with Spanish, or Russians with Russian or Chineses with mandarin, many
    countries = many languages, that's why we have a INTERNATIONAL SERVER

Stop to be Racist, and play as a Good Guy.
    plus I Apologize for these guys, they came from a server where there's no respect, the Staff have no respect with the Players, the players doesn't has it, wasnt a normal thing you see a Nice Guy at PWBR.
    I cannot be a nice person, where a game makes you spend all your Money to get an r8 weapon, and make you unable to farm.

I can talk about it, because I'm from Brazil!, and left from PWBR because these thing's.
    That's It, PKShadow - RT, Playing Since 2009
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
  • LoreKing - Archosaur
    LoreKing - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hey guys, only making sure that I'm brazilian at first. I know yur problems with us, and I know more than anyone who you are dealing with.

I play PWI since ~2009 and in every new expansion we get a new crowd of BR's came here
    Let me share with you what they think about PWI:

1. They have a false illusion that PWI is cheap:
    Just comparing, in BR our best gear is the R8rr. Some of us had r9r,but the price is equivalent a one R9rrr in PWI. Yes, they think PWI is cheap! Hahahaha

2. Updates come there first, so I can test it there:

Obviously, showing why BR's are hated in online games.

Don't IP block br's. Ban those who are messing in WC, because I know how much unpleasant is.

Sorry for my mistakes in English.
  • eveenelforo
    eveenelforo Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    awww GM Please! ban all Brazilians guys cuz I am so lame that i can´t understand what they are saying and my education was so poor that i didnt understand that in the World there are more people and not only english speakers! Please GM do something urgently cuz if u dont, we will make a revolution D:

b:chuckle
  • Xeonara - Archosaur
    Xeonara - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Wow, really? Will you please stop using the "PWI is all language support"? It isn't. Before you get upset, I am not a native English speaker and I know very well there are many languages and different types of people in the world.
    Now guess what? I can't use the letters in my alphabet. They show up as boxes. PWI does not equal "all language support".
    So do not add that into your argument please, thanks. If I want to joke around with my friend in our language, I either have to be very careful changing the words around, or we just guess which letter it was.
    My friend and I came back to PWI just in time for the expansion. The spam on Archosaur was annoying. There was a serious message delay, and people sending random and stupid things, plus BR players insulting others.
    Is it the BR players' fault? Only the ones who are annoying people, and should be treated like anyone else disrespecting rules.
    Don't ban all of the BR IPs, just the ones making trouble. It's more fair that way.
    Thank you for your attention, continue.
  • athenenoctua
    edited December 2014
    Options
    As if PWI would ban anyone... chill, people. And get over the not-being-allowed-to-speak-your-language thing. You can do whatever you want but the game is in English, English is the (un)official language for this server, so it is completely understandable that if you want to communicate properly you need to speak English. I'm sorry if you think it's unfair but so is life. Not using Portuguese (or whatever other language you speak) in squads/world chat is just a matter of respecting the other players that don't speak it (because it is an English-based server, either you agree with it or not). Wanna use PT? Use whisper, join PT-based factions, play freaking PW BR (that is afterall one of the reasons why they make local servers), whatever. But don't expect people to think it's cool to see the world chat flooded with foreign words. Also, stop making it personal. Not being able to speak your native language on an International server shouldn't hurt your patriotic feelings. Get over it.
  • Xeonara - Archosaur
    Xeonara - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    As if PWI would ban anyone... chill, people. And get over the not-being-allowed-to-speak-your-language thing. You can do whatever you want but the game is in English, English is the (un)official language for this server, so it is completely understandable that if you want to communicate properly you need to speak English. I'm sorry if you think it's unfair but so is life. Not using Portuguese (or whatever other language you speak) in squads/world chat is just a matter of respecting the other players that don't speak it (because it is an English-based server, either you agree with it or not). Wanna use PT? Use whisper, join PT-based factions, play freaking PW BR (that is afterall one of the reasons why they make local servers), whatever. But don't expect people to think it's cool to see the world chat flooded with foreign words. Also, stop making it personal. Not being able to speak your native language on an International server shouldn't hurt your patriotic feelings. Get over it.

I don't know if you were directing that at me in any way, but I agree with you completely. I'm just saying that English is the main language here, as it should be. I'm pointing out PWI is not "all languages".
  • athenenoctua
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't know if you were directing that at me in any way, but I agree with you completely. I'm just saying that English is the main language here, as it should be. I'm pointing out PWI is not "all languages".
    No, not at you. More at the ones with the "zomgz such racist, whole world not speck englis" bs.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Just comparing, in BR our best gear is the R8rr. Some of us had r9r,but the price is equivalent a one R9rrr in PWI. Yes, they think PWI is cheap! Hahahaha

If they think PW is cheap, there is something a lot more expensive than this game, what is it? ( I can think about another game, but I don't want a mod editing my post :<).
  • Eruvanda - Dreamweaver
    Eruvanda - Dreamweaver Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    In PWBR, r9 costs thousands of dollars. I hear of people spending over 10-20,000 dollars just for r9 or a warsoul weapon.

Those trolls are mainly 12-20 y.o. kids that don't have anything else to do but to bug people, and I truly HOPE they are going back to their corner soon. Back in 2008 when I played PWBR, I didn't see the players as so rude and trollers as they are today, but recently I found many of those in private servers so I think that's where most of them come from. The difference I think is that the average age of PWI players is 20-40, while in Brazil it's 10-20, so it's a shock for both sides.

Sadly I think they are a good portion of Brazil... the actual respectful, polite and trustworthy people are a minority. It's complicated to explain what's happening with our youth, but more and more young people seem to be growing brainless and futile. Well we don't have much of a good life perspective, so brazilians don't even understand or know what it means to live among polite, friendly and well educated people. Some of them can't adapt. It is our duty, we, that see things from a different perspective, to understand people's limitations and try to respect the differences. I don't approve their behavior AT ALL but I do understand why it happens. Lucky for me, I'm moving to Canada in 2 months. b:pleased

Seriously, banning our IPs would be terrible as there are many old players (such as myself) who worked hard for their gear, spent a lot of money and have many friends in the game. The only fair thing to do is to ban trollers regardless of where they come from (or at least mute them on WC).

Thanks for your attention

P.S. Hunkary is the noobest psy of Dreamweaver *-*
  • Chrisalys - Dreamweaver
    Chrisalys - Dreamweaver Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Mass IP block is not happening.
    Mostly because there are a lot of brazilian players who did cash at least 3k USD along their PWI lifetime and still cash in regularly or every once and then.

Now as said by OP, removing teles from noob prizes would be just fine, the problem is, I don't think PWE knows how to do that b:laugh

As an "old&polite" brazilian player I find this "ban ip" bull**** very offensive. b:scorn
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You know I didnt notice any of this til i read this thread , now i cant unsee them, they are all over the wc

b:shocked

Stahp BR stahp ruining WC, But if your here to play i dont care b:cute
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
This discussion has been closed.