Memory usage

Options
Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
what is this 2b and growing memory usage ? is the game balanced? :D thought to come back to the game, but with 2+ Gb memory usage will not play this game.
pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur on

Comments

• Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    go download minimem dude you will run the game in 100kb and lowerb:victory
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    edited December 2014
    Options
    go download minimem dude you will run the game in 100kb and lowerb:victory
    Thanx for this post, realy helped...useless things...I was asking why PWI using this much of memory and if its possible, how to get this down, all my setup is on MINIMAL, even got resolution to 1024x768, same thing, 20 minutes ingame causes a usage of 2gb, minimized the game window, went to sleep, and waked up of getting Windos will shut down because of not enough memory, if a PC with 4gb of memory is not enough for a MMO...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    Options
    4 gig is minimal now I have like 16gig ram for now lol and I stil ldont like to see a 2 gig useage of my memory.But the program will help but this game isn't just a ram hog its mainly a cpu hog wich is stupid.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Thanx for this post, realy helped...useless things...I was asking why PWI using this much of memory and if its possible, how to get this down, all my setup is on MINIMAL, even got resolution to 1024x768, same thing, 20 minutes ingame causes a usage of 2gb, minimized the game window, went to sleep, and waked up of getting Windos will shut down because of not enough memory, if a PC with 4gb of memory is not enough for a MMO...

Sorry to ask, but had you turned off sleep mode of you computer ?

If you are AFK, then pc can be asleep after 20 minutes, if you have proper settings on it.
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ....2GB of memory? O.O I only have 4GB of ram and my PC has never had an issue with PWI, and yes I have left it on overnight on absolute minimum settings. Done it multiple times in fact, and my laptop also has no issues with running two instances of Perfect World at once (or well, it didn't before Eclipse, it's having heating issues atm though I think that's my PC being out of date with some drivers more than anything).

EDIT: My overnight settings are basically as follows:
    - turn off seeing players (Only see important people) and their names
    - Open up the game settings windows (with terrain, water, clouds, etc.) and turn everything to minimum
    - If it doesn't have a slider, just a checkbox, it gets unticked
    - Turn screen brightness to minimum (which in my laptop's case, actually turns it off completely)

Never had a problem with it.
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Getting PMs in game others saying the memory usage is damn high, and a lot of gettings of 90+% of it, 10 minutes ingame 1+Gb usage...and there is no posts about this...what happend PWI??? can someone post a reply who actualy knows what to do to get this down, or this is it?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sorry to ask, but had you turned off sleep mode of you computer ?

If you are AFK, then pc can be asleep after 20 minutes, if you have proper settings on it.
    Yes my sleep mode is off, and i have reason for that, played this game for 3 years 24/7, never got any problems like this. Sééep mode basicaly "turns off" the PC, thats not a solution of you want to vendor at night. I would like to play but not with 2Gb of memory usage

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ....2GB of memory? O.O I only have 4GB of ram and my PC has never had an issue with PWI, and yes I have left it on overnight on absolute minimum settings. Done it multiple times in fact, and my laptop also has no issues with running two instances of Perfect World at once (or well, it didn't before Eclipse, it's having heating issues atm though I think that's my PC being out of date with some drivers more than anything).

EDIT: My overnight settings are basically as follows:
    - turn off seeing players (Only see important people) and their names
    - Open up the game settings windows (with terrain, water, clouds, etc.) and turn everything to minimum
    - If it doesn't have a slider, just a checkbox, it gets unticked
    - Turn screen brightness to minimum (which in my laptop's case, actually turns it off completely)

Never had a problem with it.
    Like i said i played this for 3 years and 24/7 with 2 toons same time(main+shop) !! my PC was working all day and night, i know how to setup minimal settings, never had problems with memory usage, checked the settings ingame and on loading screen too, same, all on minimal, so this is not the problem.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yes my sleep mode is off, and i have reason for that, played this game for 3 years 24/7, never got any problems like this. Sééep mode basicaly "turns off" the PC, thats not a solution of you want to vendor at night. I would like to play but not with 2Gb of memory usage

I had said opposite thing, i.e.: when computer change normal mode to sleep mode it must use additional resources.

But it is not cause of error as I see now.
  • erisu
    erisu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ...You realize most games nowadays will take up to 4GB of RAM? Because 4GB is the default setting, least I checked, without getting a super cheap pretty-much-just-for-Word computer.

There's a lot of stuff in the game now. Though I do find it funny that you basically came here to complain about its memory usage but outright state you have no intention of playing.
    edited December 2014
    Options
    erisu wrote: »
    ...You realize most games nowadays will take up to 4GB of RAM? Because 4GB is the default setting, least I checked, without getting a super cheap pretty-much-just-for-Word computer.

There's a lot of stuff in the game now. Though I do find it funny that you basically came here to complain about its memory usage but outright state you have no intention of playing.
    and do you realise that this game before the update used less then 1gb of memory with 2 clients running same time? and what have to do it with do i play or not? is this a problem? it is, someone post something, and what we get here? only ppl making +1 posts and talking against others, and they have no idea what the post is about...anyways...+1 post...right?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    Options
    and do you realise that this game before the update used less then 1gb of memory with 2 clients running same time? and what have to do it with do i play or not? is this a problem? it is, someone post something, and what we get here? only ppl making +1 posts and talking against others, and they have no idea what the post is about...anyways...+1 post...right?

May be you must post in Technical support forum ?

We are not developers of this game and some of us even not play this game.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My catshop has been open since right after maint and it's using less than 500MB.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
    edited December 2014
    Options
    im running it at 35kb yo.
  • Nagibatel - Lost City
    Nagibatel - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    when i use 2 window my client before this update crashed mb few time for all time i have played, but now after update if i play with 2 client i get like 4-5 crashes a day and it's annoying especially if client crashed when im in instance
  • Ridelia - Morai
    Ridelia - Morai Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Its all about the snow.

It causes huge memory spikes to me too (I'm playing WinXP with 3GB RAM b:victory b:shocked).
    I have to use minimum settings while in cities and I can't enter Arch West unless I make sure I turned other players visibility off. I forgot about it once - after teleporting to West I got fps=0 and each move was taking a few minutes. My poor psy barely managed to get out of there.

Fun part it I am always using dual client anyway. My computer is having a tough time. b:chuckle
    I especially hear it when both of my chars in a crowded snow city(I avoid West but South or North can cause problems too). Comp suddenly starts yowling (for real! b:laugh) and it takes a while till it calms down(but it eventually does). I believe it is a graphic card temporary overheat - comp makes sure cooling gets on full strength for a while to get the temperature right again.
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Interesting posts, im a west city player :) both my clients are in west most of the times, but last year was sam with this snow, and had no problems, i do have 4gbs of memory, a nice graphic card too, just dont understand why my clients using 1-2g of memory, writing to support will not help me, they will say to update my drivers, they are updated, will try to update what i can, but im pretty sure they are updated, no idea what this can be.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]