sparkiesoft can you help?!?

YeIIowFox - Harshlands
YeIIowFox - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
I made a thread a few days ago about how I messed up making my ascended rank 9 ring. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=22090341#post22090341

As stated in my previous thread I submitted a ticket and have been waiting for replys, I have so far had 3 replys all stating the same thing, that they are unable to help me!

The tickets I have recieved all claim that GMs are unable to spawn or recover the item which I lost.

I know for a fact that this is untrue as many people before me have done the same thing and had their rings exchanged with the correct versions for their specific class types.

Is there any way you can help me with this?

I know that I will not be the last person to mess up making my nation war cast rank 9 ring at the ascension forge and it is horrifying that they are refusing to replace such a important and expensive item and that all people who make this mistake are essentially throwing money away as they are refusing to help.

YeIIowFox
Post edited by YeIIowFox - Harshlands on

Comments

• Toddloveleah - Harshlands
    Toddloveleah - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It has been done in the past but I had extended conversation with the game master and he says players are held accountable for all in game mistakes including but not limited to

-manufacturing mistakes
    -npc mistakes
    etc.

I'm assuming with the trouble they have ran into in the past and staff members even being fired over mistakes they changed it to a no-help policy.

He listed off like ten things but your problem would fall under manufacturing mistakes. I had a similar problem cost me about 200m won't be getting any help either so I feel your pain.

b:shocked
  • YeIIowFox - Harshlands
    edited December 2014
    Honestly if it was any peice of gear EXCEPT a peice of rank 9 gear, i probably wouldnt care.

But as it IS rank 9 and unobtainable again without the help of a gm I wont be laying back and accepting that they cannot do anything about it. b:surrender
  • Yuyi - Harshlands
    Yuyi - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Pm me in game or world chat for me whenever you can.
  • YeIIowFox - Harshlands
    edited December 2014
    Will probably be tomorrow now as I have work in 6 hours, gotta get some sleep first before going.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sparkiesoft you must help YellowFox, I just spent roughly an hour searching for this thread as it got buried rather quickly.

When she ascended her Rank 9 Ring she misclicked for a wizard r9 Ring. This is not something she can ever fix without the assistance of a Game Master. And its extremely harsh and unfair the type of responses that are being given to yellowfox via the ticketing system.

I myself tried to help her and was brushed off without a moments notice and yellow fox still remains unable to utilize her Rank 9 Ring. My faction members and I fully support her but not even the greatest faction can RE-CREATE the proper ring for her as rank9 is a 1 time quest reward.

Sparkiesoft you are the voice of the community help PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tek1nig
    edited January 2015
    sontzu wrote: »
    Frankly it seems utterly ludicrous to me that it is even possible to make rank gear that is not for your class, given the untradeable and unstashable nature of all rank gear.
    Almost as if they want people to have accidents and waste huge amounts of money.
    Hope you get some common sense and a bit of common courtesy help from pwe

Yes this issue could be avoided if you were locked into making only the ring for your class similarly how when you initially get rank 9 it is specifically for your class and not every random item in the game to select from.

Sparkiesoft you're needed :(! ! !
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is so weird that ur case takes so long o.o
    I guess it all depends which GMs answer

My guild mate did same manufacturing mistake and they did return his ring. Now he has 2 rings psy and mystic (if he still kept it)

I dont understand how they choose to who they will help and who they will just ignore.

I should ask my guild mate to post a SS of 2 rings he have. You could use that as evidence that they do return correct item after manufacturing mistake

• laseek
    laseek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This isn't the only example of mixed support.

I have a barb that did the "Journey to the Core" quest before the "A new form" Quest.
    The "A new form" quest tells you to do "Journey to the core" but you're unable to - as it's already done. Without having "A new form" in your quest list - Journey doesn't give you the quest item. The quests are related but not properly linked.
    As such you end up bugged and unable to get the Panda form.

Support ignore the issue saying post in Q&A - which has been done many times.
    Recently here in "General Discussion" somebody posted praising support for fixing it for them (http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1735221) - the issue describe is pretty much the problem I have - by sending them the item from the Journey quest - saying it was a known issue.

All my support tickets refuse to help:
    Due to privacy reasons, we are unable to discuss actions taken on other accounts or support tickets submitted by other players; however, as previously stated, GMs are unable to provide this quest item to players. If you are unable to obtain the item through the quest due to a bug, this would have to be addressed by a game update which involves departments outside of Customer Support. Alternatively, the item can also be acquired from the Boutique Shop should you need to have it immediately.
  • xtoraah
    xtoraah Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Support no longer cares about replacing items that has been lost, like they have in the past, I don't know why. This is the response I got when sending in a ticket of my own.

"Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, GMs will not be able to assist with item restoration. Players will be held accountable for all activities within the game. This includes the following:

- Items sold to the NPC.
    - Items dropped to the ground.
    - Items mailed to the wrong character.
    - Items bound to the wrong character.
    - Items taken from the Guild Bank.
    - Manufactured the wrong equipment.
    - Decomposed the wrong equipment."
  • tek1nig
    edited January 2015
    xtoraah wrote: »
    Support no longer cares about replacing items that has been lost, like they have in the past, I don't know why. This is the response I got when sending in a ticket of my own.

Unfortunately, GMs will not be able to assist with item restoration. Players will be held accountable for all activities within the game. This includes the following:

- Items sold to the NPC.

Though I understand they did that to minimize on tickets but ... Rank 9 in her case was Purchased with real life money and its not right what they are doing as it is only obtainable 1 time ever.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nov. 9, 2014

Hello ,

Thank you for your report. We'll be checking if some replacement bracers can be provided for a future maintenance to help cover for this situation. We plan on having this resolved within the next few weeks.

Regards,
    Removed
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
  • tek1nig
    edited January 2015
    Nov. 9, 2014

Hello ,

Thank you for your report. We'll be checking if some replacement bracers can be provided for a future maintenance to help cover for this situation. We plan on having this resolved within the next few weeks.

Regards,
    Removed
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment

Yes I'm starting to see it depends on the GM you get to see who will actually help you -_- ...
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• laseek
    edited January 2015
    xtoraah wrote: »

- Items sold to the NPC.

Accountability works both ways when you are missing something due to a bug in the game.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just keep trying, you can do it.

I npced my sin's r9-3 (+12, 2 garnets) dagger. I got them back, even the refines and gems. Just keep calm, and make them understand that there is no way you can fix this by yourself.
  • tek1nig
    edited January 2015
    Just keep trying, you can do it.

I npced my sin's r9-3 (+12, 2 garnets) dagger. I got them back, even the refines and gems. Just keep calm, and make them understand that there is no way you can fix this by yourself.

I personally know of more people than I can count that have had similar issues and GM's were quick to help. So I'm confused and even a bit outraged that this situation has been allowed to grow for such an extended period of time.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    laseek wrote: »
    Due to privacy reasons, we are unable to discuss actions taken on other accounts or support tickets submitted by other players; however, as previously stated, GMs are unable to provide this quest item to players. If you are unable to obtain the item through the quest due to a bug, this would have to be addressed by a game update which involves departments outside of Customer Support. Alternatively, the item can also be acquired from the Boutique Shop should you need to have it immediately.

I really like how they not-so-subtly suggest you just pay for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
  • slowwetkiss
    slowwetkiss Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just another shining example of the awesome customer service PWI strives to give their community. Whatever you do, dont call them (650-590-7700), they'll just hang up on you. When am I going to get a customer service survey to fill out? Not that filling those out really does any good anyway. I think they send them out, and when you return them, they have them on auto-delete lol
  • laseek
    edited January 2015
    Yes - and with that they just closed the ticket :|

With the issue I have - it is clearly a bug. I also received the canned reply about players being responsible for their own actions which further ticked me off - responsibility goes both ways.

Telling players to pay their way around game bugs and issues is just insulting.
  • darknes051
    darknes051 Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So im not the only one to who GM refuse to help?

This is the thread i started http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1736871

My case is a game bug/glitch. In my tickets GMs r saying i am responsible of what happened. (all i did was updated the game- logged in (noticed the bug) - logged out/in (was hoping the bug will be fix but still nothing)- rage quit log out)

And they actually closed my ticket too and said:
    Unfortunately the transaction will not be reverted.

Regards,
    Navi
    Game Master

So i sent another ticket- but they closed it too

Since when Game Bugs are players fault/responsibility ?

I don't think this is funny anymore -__-

I can just flush 1 year of farming in toilet now. -__-
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sontzu wrote: »
    Frankly it seems utterly ludicrous to me that it is even possible to make rank gear that is not for your class, given the untradeable and unstashable nature of all rank gear.

Franky it seems utterly ludicrous to me that people don't pay attention and doublecheck their inputs while crafting some of the most expensive gear on the server that cannot be reobtained once lost. Seriously, if you can't be bothered to actually make sure you're doing it right, then you don't deserve the gear. R9 ring isn't part of the complect, so no big loss there - grab a pair of Cloud Stirs or something instead.

Also that support says this item can be bought from the boutique is false. The R9 ring can only be obtained once per character by the quest, and after that only upgraded once to the class-specific form. GMs are able to spawn the gear - heck, they're able to spawn any gear - but they are forbidden from doing so.

Players **** up does not equate to bug. PEBCAK faults are not a GM issue.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • slowwetkiss
    slowwetkiss Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    GMs are able to spawn the gear - heck, they're able to spawn any gear - but they are forbidden from doing so.

If that is the case, why are they able to do it at all? Why be given that option as a GM if they are forbidden to use it? That makes no sense.
  • tek1nig
    edited January 2015
    Franky it seems utterly ludicrous to me that people don't pay attention and doublecheck their inputs while crafting some of the most expensive gear on the server that cannot be reobtained once lost. Seriously, if you can't be bothered to actually make sure you're doing it right, then you don't deserve the gear. R9 ring isn't part of the complect, so no big loss there - grab a pair of Cloud Stirs or something instead.

Also that support says this item can be bought from the boutique is false. The R9 ring can only be obtained once per character by the quest, and after that only upgraded once to the class-specific form. GMs are able to spawn the gear - heck, they're able to spawn any gear - but they are forbidden from doing so.

The ascended r9 ring becomes refine able. And not only that but it is the only "Ring" in the game to refine both defenses of ELEMENTAL and PHYSICAL simultaneously. THUS, this is not only a gigantic loss but a loss that cannot be rectified without the help of a GM.

The crafting for the rings should be player specific or maintain the quest like feature that rank9 has always utilized leaving no room for error. But as this error is of a paid premium feature that only a Game Master can resolve, I see no reason that they don't log into the game and take the all of 30 seconds to recreate the base Ring of Trauma for her with or without the associated materials because the ring of Trauma is a quest item that can NEVER be replaced without GM intervention.

Sparkiesoft I implore you to escalate this issue and have yellowfox's ring recreated.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If that is the case, why are they able to do it at all? Why be given that option as a GM if they are forbidden to use it? That makes no sense.

If you have a gun, you're able to shoot people at will. Does it make sense to forbid you from doing so? I'd say so...

The reason to give admins the tools to do anything in a gameworld - not just PWI, but any MMO really - is to allow them to fix stuff in case of an emergency. But in this case the issue is that a bad player choice at one of the crafting forges caused them to miss out on an item. Player choices aren't bugs. The Ring of Trauma is universal across all characters, the NW upgrade of it, if I'm not misstaken, was implemented much later. As a result you can make the wrong choice and have to pay attention when doing that crafting.

I don't blame the GMs for not wanting to correct a player screwup, especially since it's PWI policy to do so. It's not a bug. It's user error.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • tek1nig
    edited January 2015
    If you have a gun, you're able to shoot people at will. Does it make sense to forbid you from doing so? I'd say so...

The reason to give admins the tools to do anything in a gameworld - not just PWI, but any MMO really - is to allow them to fix stuff in case of an emergency. But in this case the issue is that a bad player choice at one of the crafting forges caused them to miss out on an item. Player choices aren't bugs. The Ring of Trauma is universal across all characters, the NW upgrade of it, if I'm not misstaken, was implemented much later. As a result you can make the wrong choice and have to pay attention when doing that crafting.

I don't blame the GMs for not wanting to correct a player screwup, especially since it's PWI policy to do so. It's not a bug. It's user error.

Reguardless of your opinion there is now yet another player on the verge of quitting the game as their few hundred dollar item is not able to be equipped.

I'm going on my 7th year of playing this game and i'll be damned if I sit silently by as someone is not helped when this is something that has been resolved many many times before. Hell, Yellow isn't even the first person to make this precise mistake and gm's got to the others promptly.

I just ask that she be treated fairly as we are not fools and know that they are capable of. This is an assault on the community as players when the support outright blatantly states. Thank you for submitting your ticket for support but we aren't going to support you? ... There is something wrong and we need a GM other than these new hires who have the ability to resolve this issue.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The Gm's should fix this. there should never be an option to get non class specific gear that is unobtainable. With the morai skills since i am able to refarm i didnt send in a ticket like others when i choose the wrong (sage ) instead of demon for my wizz. however rank 9 gear that is unobtainable after getting that is class specific SHOULD NEVER HAVE THE OPTION TO GET A DIFFERENT CLASS in the first place. The whole gms are forbidden by rules. now that is funny. b:chuckle
  • drathorn
    drathorn Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't usually spend time in these forums but when I heard about this had to come. GMs, this I honestly ridiculous. I get that you're probably trying to be more strict with how items are replaced/given/etc, especially with all the cases that have been popping up around a certain card system.
    Trying to be strict or not, as people have already stated, this item is a ONE time thing, even if she paid money (and I sure as hell wouldn't) she couldn't get it again. Yet she's being refused help saying you guys are "incapable".
    Not so long ago on my BladeMaster I manufactured the Army Crusher skill; I had all the demon skills to learn it - I was ready! and as i'm an idiot BM who's taken too many blows to the head over the last 5 years of gaming, I accidently grabbed the Sage version of the skill. Now, for those of you who don't know, Army Crusher is a 10 blood skill. meaning at the absolute worst it takes 5 days of dailies to farm - nowadays even less. But when I submitted a ticket they replaced the book for me within 5 days.
    Why should I get a free replacement on a purely free item, when this player can't get a replacement on an item that can take a possible MONTHS of farming, or hundreds of dollars to purchase? Not nt, but I was taing to someone today who did this ACT mistake and had their ring replaced!
    We all make minor mistakes, and while it is a player's responsibility, the people who respond to tickets are there to help; they're customer service. I say we take away a few of the GMs power for 2 weeks and make them farm a brand new toon from level 1 to 101 r9rr, see how long it takes them and whether they're willing to change stuff then.
    Conflict is the nature of humanity
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This matter has gone on far too long. GMs, this does not look good on your part that a simple matter like this cannot be fixed due to a **** up on your end in the coding for the r9 ascension ring. You may not hold yourself liable for this but you are running a business and have customers that are probably paying for this item. It is your liability as a merchant to ensure that a transaction goes smoothly which in this case it did not.

I know you guys are not devs and therefore cannot regenerate quests. However you can create any item in the game that has an item id, which is just about all of them, including this ring. You also have access to logs which have proof of trying to create the ring, as well as screenshots of the incorrect ring, in summary you have overwhelming evidence in multiple forming saying a **** up happened. I know from experience that an issue like this takes a competent gm takes 20 seconds to find and make the item and another 15 to send it to the correct character. What is less than 1 minute of your time, its probably less worth than the OP put into the game to get this ring.

The fact that your company is trying to say that they can't do this is just B.S. because it has been done before many times and no where in the ToS or your working contract are you prohibited from fixing an error that should not exist.

This leaves only one reason. Favoritism. That looks very bad and means that the gms would be giving an unfair advantage to certain players over others which in fact IS against their work contact. What does that mean in simple English? By not giving the OP her ring you are breaking your contract with Perfect World because you are giving all other players on the server an advantage over this person who cannot obtain this simple item.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I guess you are perfect and never make mistakes--- ever. Things happen, people get distracted for a split second or even misclick by one reason or another.
    Items like r9 that cannot be obtained again there should be some leeway in the "rules that gms can and can't do"

And not for nothing if GM's can't spawn gear then why are there rampant rumors going around about people receiving war avatars and the like?
    Here we go again....
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Wow this is getting to be a bit much. You guys try and remember that "GM" is a blanket term and not all of them have the same abilities or sway as others.

Sparekie, for example, doesn't have any real ingame abilities. The best he can really do with this sort of thing is try and get someone from the support staff to change their decision. Said decision was a load of bull, sure, but it's not something you should blanket all GMs in general with. Especially as the support staff is basically 24 interns covering every ticket from every game PWE has.

YeIIowFox, I'd suggest sending a PM to sparkie if you haven't already. I'm going to be closing this now so things don't get out of hand. Sparkie will still be able to post a response in it if he needs to. Best of luck to you and hope you can get this dealt with properly instead of dealing with a brick wall.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.