Brazilians and PWI

Options
nbreaking
nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
Hi, first of all I want to make it clear I will address both sides here.
With the new classes, we have had a flood of Brazilians (at least in RT) that came to PWI. Here's the thing, 90% of them are here just provoking, trash talking and being pretty much annoying.
Many people are asking for Brazil to get an IP Block but I don't agree (Yes, believe it or not, a couple of bad apples in a tree doesn't make the tree rotten). So, here's what I propose if sparkie sees this thread... Remove teles from the chest rewards. They are new toons, if they are here to stay they will buy teles like everyone else.

This would be just one step but yeah...

People that are asking for IP Block make the point that they have their own version and should be blocked. Even though this is true, this would affect the people that have been playing PWI for a long time and the ones that were actually just curious about the new class.

On the other side, some Brazilians keep asking the "trouble makers" to stop since they would be affected in case PWI decided to take action (yeah right, PWI doing something?xD)

Anyway, is it happening in your server? What do you think about it? How can we stop these "trouble makers"? (they spam chat constantly and are making squad forming and other activities quite impossible).
Keep the post free of racism and generalizations please.

Mr. Justice
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lestadsan
    lestadsan Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm brazilian and I can say that 90% of the people who came to PWI are here just to test the new classes before they reach PWBR, so this is a temporary issue.

My suggestion is to put some GMs to ban these people, because they are here just for two things: test Nightshades and troll all day.

But yeah, don't kick out Brazil from PWI. My main account is in PWBR but I play on PWI sometimes to test stuff. Also, there are some serious BR factions on PWI right now and banning all brazilian IP's would be bad for them.

Sorry for any mistakes on my english
  • jaytrain91
    jaytrain91 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    or make it so only english can be used in world chat
    TwoShanks- Twilight Temple
    BiggyLuvv- Twilight Temple
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    come to morai server.
    morai has a invasion of russians atm. the whole wc is full of spam in cyrillic letters.
    that is super annoying , but it seems the blacklist can hold much more people then before.
    I pick them of from wc one by one and block them. seems the only way to deal with that...
  • nbreaking
    edited December 2014
    Options
    lestadsan wrote: »
    I'm brazilian and I can say that 90% of the people who came to PWI are here just to test the new classes before they reach PWBR, so this is a temporary issue.

My suggestion is to put some GMs to ban these people, because they are here just for two things: test Nightshades and troll all day.

But yeah, don't kick out Brazil from PWI. My main account is in PWBR but I play on PWI sometimes to test stuff. Also, there are some serious BR factions on PWI right now and banning all brazilian IP's would be bad for them.

Sorry for any mistakes on my english

Exactly my point as to why an IP Block would not be a good solution. But there has to be some kind of filter or something for this. We all know PWI will not put someone looking at the chat... so, idk. In RT we went from dead silent chat to a super active chat to the point you can't even make a squad without it being pushed up fast (at certain times of the day ofc, it's not like they spam the whole day, but still from time to time they spam a lot).

Mr. Justice
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Some efficient way to turn WC back to english ish showing the huehue-BRs how annoying it ish. Kitty can easily do it by WCing a couple times in her language (which no moar than a few understands and those will join the trolling) and then after 3-4 WCs translate last WC to english. At least on RT it's been working quite well.

E: What's this effin BR-rush? Did rest of PW-BR's folk just immigrate on PWI?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »
    come to morai server.
    morai has a invasion of russians atm. the whole wc is full of spam in cyrillic letters.
    that is super annoying , but it seems the blacklist can hold much more people then before.
    I pick them of from wc one by one and block them. seems the only way to deal with that...

What about the "invasion" of french and german thats there every time because people cant speak english? I dont get it why people are offended by other people talking other languages in wc as long as its not harrassment. I, however, do underystand why people get annoyed by people asking "cherche mirage mp" when they just made a bh squad and are looking for more and cant invite them because they dont use english for serious stuff. People have been talking in different languages in WC since the merge. Thats just normal, even for PWI.

Of course, when they spam its different. But ive seen many people getting "offended" when they did not spam.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    What about the "invasion" of french and german thats there every time because people cant speak english? I dont get it why people are offended by other people talking other languages in wc as long as its not harrassment. I, however, do underystand why people get annoyed by people asking "cherche mirage mp" when they just made a bh squad and are looking for more and cant invite them because they dont use english for serious stuff. People have been talking in different languages in WC since the merge. Thats just normal, even for PWI.

Of course, when they spam its different. But ive seen many people getting "offended" when they did not spam.

you dont get it, i dont mind people speaking french ,german, hungarian or whatever.
    Its the flood of cyrillic writting.
    Just imagine you are on a english server and all you see are chinese letters in wc...........
  • nbreaking
    edited December 2014
    Options

That's the main problem, they spam WC in their native language (Which i personally understand since I am Portuguese) and we are being unable to form squads etc. I couldn't care less what they say in WC, but in my squads even though I understand them, I do not allow it. They have to speak English in my squads so that everyone can understand each other.

Currently I am sad to say I am not helping or allowing any BR people to join my squads simply because most of them REFUSE to speak in English.

Mr. Justice
  • pikaxuwithx
    pikaxuwithx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I am brazilian as well and I'd like to apologize for these fckers who just want to ruin people's fun...

They are like this in PWBR (yeah we have our own servers over here too) and that's why I quit that sht long ago and came to PWI.

Just ignore them. As they said, they're annoying as hell but they're just here for a few days to test new classes before they get it in their servers...

I know a lot of people in Dreamweaver who are brazilian and we are all r9 and stuff, so yeah, don't ban our IP please <3 haha
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver
    105/105/105 - achieved on December 25th, 2014 b:dirty christmas present! \o/

b:angry PWI stole my avatar

youtube.com/Hunkary b:victory TW, NW, PvP, PvE and more... videos! :D
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    And now with the insta 100 there is an unbearable amount of cussing on horn channel. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I do hope they won't stay now with the lvl 95/100 stones.
    I have friends in game that are from Brazil, Portugal and all sorts of other countries and they're great, but the new influx of players brought rude people that care nothing for others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yumibrasil
    yumibrasil Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    jaytrain91 wrote: »
    or make it so only english can be used in world chat

But it's a International game, so just english on global would be unfair, those br's here will soon back to PWBR, I'm Brazilian and play PWI makes 2 years. I never had problem with someone b:sad
    6y8CnTq.jpg?1
  • ChuuBR - Raging Tide
    ChuuBR - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If possible I would ask the staff to accept tickets and block the IPs of bad players who only want to mess.
    Time ago some Brazilian came to play in PWI looking for better playing conditions, education and respect, these new players do not want anything, just troll, to ban the trolls do not lose anything.
    Thanks,
    -Chu
  • yumibrasil
    yumibrasil Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    nbreaking wrote: »
    With the new classes, we have had a flood of Brazilians (at least in RT) that came to PWI. Here's the thing, 90% of them are here just provoking, trash talking and being pretty much annoying.
    Many people are asking for Brazil to get an IP Block but I don't agree (Yes, believe it or not, a couple of bad apples in a tree doesn't make the tree rotten). So, here's what I propose if sparkie sees this thread... Remove teles from the chest rewards. They are new toons, if they are here to stay they will buy teles like everyone else.

People that are asking for IP Block make the point that they have their own version and should be blocked. Even though this is true, this would affect the people that have been playing PWI for a long time and the ones that were actually just curious about the new class.

On the other side, some Brazilians keep asking the "trouble makers" to stop since they would be affected in case PWI decided to take action (yeah right, PWI doing something?xD)

Anyway, is it happening in your server? What do you think about it? How can we stop these "trouble makers"? (they spam chat constantly and are making squad forming and other activities quite impossible).

I'm brazilian, and i think is unfair ask only english on WC, becz it's a international game, even that some brazilian ppls don't know english, (like my lil sis, she dont know english well but is learning english while playing, she hates BR's severs becz the stupids spam, atm she uses translator ) but ask for that ppls do less spam, Ik i saw the spams on WC and is annoying and some of them are stupids / rudes but I ask to you guys don't affect everyone else ( Brazilians that play here for a long time) becz of them, I just play PWI, never was been on PWBR. >.> *sorry about ym english* b:laugh
    6y8CnTq.jpg?1
  • pikaxuwithx
    edited December 2014
    Options
    yumibrasil wrote: »
    I'm brazilian, and i think is unfair ask only english on WC, becz it's a international game, even that some brazilian ppls don't know english, (like my lil sis, she dont know english well but is learning english while playing, she hates BR's severs becz the stupids spam, atm she uses translator ) but ask for that ppls do less spam, Ik i saw the spams on WC and is annoying and some of them are stupids / rudes but I ask to you guys don't affect everyone else ( Brazilians that play here for a long time) becz of them, I just play PWI, never was been on PWBR. >.> *sorry about ym english* b:laugh

So?
    Just like I can't reply you in Portuguese, we are not supposed to speak Portuguese in world chat.

Accept the fact. English is the only language allowed in the game... it's international because people from all countries may join and play it, but not speak their countries' languages in world chat.

If you wanna talk in Portuguese go find a BR faction or a group of brazilians to squad with. b:bye
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So?
    Just like I can't reply you in Portuguese, we are not supposed to speak Portuguese in world chat.

Accept the fact. English is the only language allowed in the game... it's international because people from all countries may join and play it, but not speak their countries' languages in world chat.

If you wanna talk in Portuguese go find a BR faction or a group of brazilians to squad with. b:bye

Pretty sure if they're not gonna ban the guy spamming the N word in HL wc all the time, they're not gonna bother going after people speaking different languages there even if it were against the rules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • pikaxuwithx
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Pretty sure if they're not gonna ban the guy spamming the N word in HL wc all the time, they're not gonna bother going after people speaking different languages there even if it were against the rules.

I know that this likely won't happen. Just saying this because a lot of people complain that other languages other than English are spoken in world chat...
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver

• jaytrain91
    edited December 2014
    Options
    its getting ridiculous on RT, its nothing but Portuguese spam
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • indissolubiles
    indissolubiles Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I think it's just temporary.. Soon they'll vanish.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Ugh! Not the stupid "it says international so every language is allowed" **** argument again. Learn what the word freaking means, understand it's just a way to differentiate it from normal perfect world of china, and then read the dang rules. It says that English is the language of PWI. This was beaten to death a long time ago, and shouldn't require proving just because some people want to go to grief another country's server.
  • jaytrain91
    edited December 2014
    Options
    They have their own version they need to go back to it
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • mitsukichan29
    mitsukichan29 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    nbreaking wrote: »

ban ip en speaking Portuguese in world chat? I disagree, I played in the Chinese server before this update happen, and had a lot of people talking in English, it is not your native language is the same as the international language that other people are obliged to speak also use google translator? yes it helps, but a conversation between friends of the same language in google translator so why has the British party? there's no way, you guys have to understand that not all countries have English as secondary language and a course to learn is expensive, so try to respect.

I am aware that many have come to br trolls and test the new classes, but soon they stop because it is not easy to have a rrr9 and worse still go a pvp without a, br loves to pvp they will leave, and stay are those who liked server.

I apologize for that brs trolls but please be not ignorant, is brazilian, spanish, german, rusian .. everyone has the right to speak their languages, this is an international server and not a dedicated server for Americans.

sorry possible error translated by google translator

YunaMitsuki - Psychic Sage - My YouTube Channel
  • pikaxuwithx
    edited December 2014
    Options
    jaytrain91 wrote: »
    They have their own version they need to go back to it

Our version freaking sucks tho. Takes ages for us to receive new expansions and things like that.

Also, our adms **** up things way more than PWE does, believe or not.
    That's why I came to PWI. Things are much better here. Also, people are gentle and educated here.

And yeah, just give them a few days or maybe 1-2 weeks. After that they will disappear and go back to their screwed up servers :)
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ban ip en speaking Portuguese in world chat? I disagree, I played in the Chinese server before this update happen, and had a lot of people talking in English, it is not your native language is the same as the international language that other people are obliged to speak also use google translator? yes it helps, but a conversation between friends of the same language in google translator so why has the British party? there's no way, you guys have to understand that not all countries have English as secondary language and a course to learn is expensive, so try to respect.

I am aware that many have come to br trolls and test the new classes, but soon they stop because it is not easy to have a rrr9 and worse still go a pvp without a, br loves to pvp they will leave, and stay are those who liked server.

I apologize for that brs trolls but please be not ignorant, is brazilian, spanish, german, rusian .. everyone has the right to speak their languages, this is an international server and not a dedicated server for Americans.

sorry possible error translated by google translator

Actually, if you read the rules, it is a server dedicated for the Americans. That's why they license separately for different countries. And the official language is flat out stated as English.

Feel free to argue for being allowed to speak your own language, it just annoys me the constant idiocy of pointing to the International part of PWI, and making blanket statements that are completely untrue and using it as the evidence. On this your are wrong; wrong, wrong wrong. Even more wrong. Yet still again, utterly wrong.
  • mitsukichan29
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Actually, if you read the rules, it is a server dedicated for the Americans. That's why they license separately for different countries. And the official language is flat out stated as English.

Feel free to argue for being allowed to speak your own language, it just annoys me the constant idiocy of pointing to the International part of PWI, and making blanket statements that are completely untrue and using it as the evidence. On this your are wrong; wrong, wrong wrong. Even more wrong. Yet still again, utterly wrong.

is totally wrong? because it has payment in gold and Brazilian banks cards? the server is not restricted only to a country, I know that many of them are annoying, but there is also annoying English, general has very br serious playing here.

want to ban the troll, ok I agree, but do not agree to ban the Brazilian ip

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    Options
    is totally wrong? because it has payment in gold and Brazilian banks cards? the server is not restricted only to a country, I know that many of them are annoying, but there is also annoying English, general has very br serious playing here.

want to ban the troll, ok I agree, but do not agree to ban the Brazilian ip

Never said ban, and even said feel free to argue for being able to speak your own language in WC. But PWI's rules have been shown to clearly state that English is the official language. Meaning the detractors have more basis than you do in your argument.
  • mitsukichan29
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Never said ban, and even said feel free to argue for being able to speak your own language in WC. But PWI's rules have been shown to clearly state that English is the official language. Meaning the detractors have more basis than you do in your argument.

understand, sorry interprets it wrong b:chuckle

• darkv0id
    darkv0id Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Some efficient way to turn WC back to english ish showing the huehue-BRs how annoying it ish. Kitty can easily do it by WCing a couple times in her language (which no moar than a few understands and those will join the trolling) and then after 3-4 WCs translate last WC to english. At least on RT it's been working quite well.

E: What's this effin BR-rush? Did rest of PW-BR's folk just immigrate on PWI?

Be polite and use a color text that doesn't strain our eyes to read!b:angry
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Unfortunately the influx of BR spamming idiots detracts from the long time RT BR players, some of which I have become friends with and enjoy doing BH100 quests together.

I don't even mind being in squads with their friends that don't speak English. I understand some Spanish which is similar to Portuguese, and my BR friends will just translate what I don't understand, but this horn business of constant jibberish even from those that speak English as a primary language is annoying. So its not just the Brazilians, but also a lot of idiot English speakers.

Too bad people aren't like me and just sell the horns to an NPC.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkv0id
    darkv0id Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Why is it every online game I've ever played the Brazillians are always stirring up trouble? They're either hacking or finding a way to cheat! b:sad
This discussion has been closed.