[Maintenance Discussion] 12/18/14 COMPLETE

Options

Comments

• lightbane1990
    lightbane1990 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sorry, I do not know what to say. I am confused! What do you mean?

Sweetiebot i was being super poilite to brighten up all our days and wanted to wish you a
    very merry christmas =>.<=b:surrender

and OPKossy, i forgot to refresh...... again lol
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

Sweetiebot i was being super poilite to brighten up all our days and wanted to wish you a
    I thought you were. But I wasn't completely sure about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• animefan1232
    animefan1232 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I want a new server!!!b:cry
  • roxstun
    roxstun Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Iranga Bagya wth gms i waited for 14hrs till it updated and it failed and said eorror at the last moment what do i do for that hah?b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Shidoshi - Lost City
    Shidoshi - Lost City Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I still would like to get the pill by entering a code. less hassle and complaints.
    pwi gms are useless. submitting tickets are useless. start calling their main office's. raise hell. take back the game.
  • _Bagyra_ - Morai
    _Bagyra_ - Morai Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    QUESTION:

So you want to say that the Pill will be handed out at 9pm Morai server time today when NW is takeing a place.

And question is if i have my main in nw at that time will it be my main that will get the pill or i should log off before 9pm (Morai server time) wait till 9 strikes, log my alt which i want to get pill on and then to relog again?

What i mean is can i continue do nw. And after it log off and log in again character which i want to get Pill on. or i must log off before 9 pm strikes to log char which i want get pill on
  • celtthunder
    celtthunder Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    What do I like best about the expansion?

Right now, nothing. I'm not going to make a new toon that can't even marginally support itself from drops and be a coin sink to my main. New and shiny would get old very fast. Do you really think I'm going to spend RL money on flyers, mounts, charms, etc. for a worthless toon? If you were counting on that, sorry.

Hopefully my biggest complaint is starting to soak in by now: people want DQ drops and junk equipment drops restored to their previous NPC values. I do see that you may be restoring the junk equipment value -- thank you, but that was an "and", not an "or", and it's not enough.

It's no fun when you can't make a little extra after repairs. Right now the only instance runs that are worthwhile are WS, Lunar, and TT (and even those are delayed income). People will soon catch on to that and those drops will flood the market and therefore be de-valued as well.

There's a domino effect: people who catshop a lot, or even sometimes, will find that others no longer have the extra coins to buy the things they need from you. Then you won't be able to buy things you need/want, and so on.

People who cash shop with regularity may find that it's less fun when repairs are cutting into their bank accounts and they can't buy as much in game due to inflated prices.

Cause and Effect, people -- sooner rather than later everyone will be affected. If it goes too far unchecked it will be difficult, if not impossible, to reverse. Another junk Dreamchaser pack won't solve it.

Supply and Demand is Economics 101. When the foundation crumbles, even the Penthouse falls.

The bottom line question to PWI is: Do you want to spend time and money to replace the players that will get discouraged and leave, or do you want to retain and build your current player base?

Normally I'm a very positive guy and a problem solver, but I got a bad feeling about this situation. I don't like that miserable feeling; I'm very tempted to walk away from it. However, if my sense of humor returns anytime soon, it might be twisted fun to stick around and watch it all fall down.

Time IS money, and there is no money but Other People's Money. (again, Econ 101)
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    QUESTION:

So you want to say that the Pill will be handed out at 9pm Morai server time today when NW is takeing a place.

And question is if i have my main in nw at that time will it be my main that will get the pill or i should log off before 9pm (Morai server time) wait till 9 strikes, log my alt which i want to get pill on and then to relog again?

What i mean is can i continue do nw. And after it log off and log in again character which i want to get Pill on. or i must log off before 9 pm strikes to log char which i want get pill on

That timing is unfortunate, I would log off main shortly before 9pm, log alt after 9pm, get mail, switch back to main.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • _Bagyra_ - Morai
    _Bagyra_ - Morai Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    That timing is unfortunate, I would log off main shortly before 9pm, log alt after 9pm, get mail, switch back to main.

exactly what i mean. that for europeans timing is bad as well many ppl will forget what time they need to log off since it's not right after maintenance.

as well they did not explain how it will be proceeded. Cause it is possible item will be sent under condition of logging in and not by being online at that exact time. so many ppl who will log on characters they want to get pill for before the time will stay on for due time. it is ok if it's under condition of being online for that time. but if it is about logging in after the due time (not being online at it) some ppl might get confused when relogging at that time etc
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @_Bagyra_ : If your're logged with your veno when they send item, then the veno will receive it. So yeah you would have to log off before, log other toon, wait for the pill (maybe it will take some time to send to everyone) then relog

Since some people were flooding this thread, I tried to ask for more information about the back-up plan in the thread dedicated to this stone :
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1728831&page=23
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Evertide - Lost City
    Evertide - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    What do I like best about the expansion?

Right now, nothing. I'm not going to make a new toon that can't even marginally support itself from drops and be a coin sink to my main. New and shiny would get old very fast. Do you really think I'm going to spend RL money on flyers, mounts, charms, etc. for a worthless toon? If you were counting on that, sorry.

Hopefully my biggest complaint is starting to soak in by now: people want DQ drops and junk equipment drops restored to their previous NPC values. I do see that you may be restoring the junk equipment value -- thank you, but that was an "and", not an "or", and it's not enough.

It's no fun when you can't make a little extra after repairs. Right now the only instance runs that are worthwhile are WS, Lunar, and TT (and even those are delayed income). People will soon catch on to that and those drops will flood the market and therefore be de-valued as well.

There's a domino effect: people who catshop a lot, or even sometimes, will find that others no longer have the extra coins to buy the things they need from you. Then you won't be able to buy things you need/want, and so on.

People who cash shop with regularity may find that it's less fun when repairs are cutting into their bank accounts and they can't buy as much in game due to inflated prices.

Cause and Effect, people -- sooner rather than later everyone will be affected. If it goes too far unchecked it will be difficult, if not impossible, to reverse. Another junk Dreamchaser pack won't solve it.

Supply and Demand is Economics 101. When the foundation crumbles, even the Penthouse falls.

The bottom line question to PWI is: Do you want to spend time and money to replace the players that will get discouraged and leave, or do you want to retain and build your current player base?

Normally I'm a very positive guy and a problem solver, but I got a bad feeling about this situation. I don't like that miserable feeling; I'm very tempted to walk away from it. However, if my sense of humor returns anytime soon, it might be twisted fun to stick around and watch it all fall down.

Time IS money, and there is no money but Other People's Money. (again, Econ 101)

i agree with u 100%... i mean i was prepared for the nerf in grinding dq items but not the nerf in every single item.... i woulda over looked the dq items being nerfed and just sucked it up and farmed the rest of the items for a 1-2mil extra in my pocket..... i tested out grinding last night.... prolly made 700k-1m in coin from just picking up coin drops and selling the potions... but 700k-1m coin in a 6hour auto-cult... isnt worth it.... even if the benefit is that i am afk...
  • shernel
    shernel Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Thank you, Sparkie, but the link for time conversion you posted is set to GMT, not PST.

You really dislike the rest of the world don't you?b:sad The whole world views the time zones in GTM not PST but its easy for PST to figure it out using GTM. Just like the rest of the world drives on the right side and only North America drives on the left. So please remember the rest of the world wants to play as well.b:cute
  • ethika1
    ethika1 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sparkie i thought i read somewhere , where it said they were looking into the future that the stone for 60$ would be for the new classes as well?

If so:
    If i get this free stone on the new class even by accident and in the future when they update the 60$ version would they update this free one ,that would be sitting and waiting, so that i could use it on a new class?

i just wondering o.o

Edit: oops posted on wrong thread xD
  • biostrain
    biostrain Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Not that I am complaining but what happened to the x2 ? Just curious is all .
  • Realzilla - Heavens Tear
    Realzilla - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    why do the mob drops have a value of $1 vs 2/3k?
    b:sad
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Options
    why do the mob drops have a value of $1 vs 2/3k?
    b:sad

China nerfed the price of all DQ items to 1 coin because of their insane bot armies. Just as with the previous two DQ nerfs, we have to deal with that here.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • xfminst3
    xfminst3 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Where are the 79 Skill, weapons of dreamchaser pack, flyers in the event shop b:cry
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Options
    xfminst3 wrote: »
    Where are the 79 Skill, weapons of dreamchaser pack, flyers in the event shop b:cry

79s and sage/demon books? They'll show up later because China released them on the basis of people not rushing to 100+ like they do here and we follow China's patch schedule too.

Dreamchaser weapons? Don't exist and won't ever exist. Dreamchaser Pack is an older item and had no reason to be changed as it's not actually meant to be something you can use for any new character on a whim unlike the old Supply Stash or the current level up rewards. Besides, you get good enough from doing the quests for the new class as is.

Event Gold fliers are probably gonna take a bit before it gets added to the event boutique like what happened with Earthguard. Especially with the chaos from China's stuff bleeding over to us on the expansion.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    shernel wrote: »
    Just like the rest of the world drives on the right side and only North America drives on the left.
    um.. ENGLAND drives on the left..
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • foxysp
    foxysp Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    um.. ENGLAND drives on the left..

um .. Britain drives on the left
  • ykc
    ykc Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    From what time exactly the 1st log for pill will count?
  • lunaperegrina
    lunaperegrina Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    shernel wrote: »
    You really dislike the rest of the world don't you?b:sad The whole world views the time zones in GTM not PST but its easy for PST to figure it out using GTM. Just like the rest of the world drives on the right side and only North America drives on the left. So please remember the rest of the world wants to play as well.b:cute

....yeah.
    You got those backwards.
    American's drive on the right.
    Aussies, Brits etc drive on the left.
    (Source: Australian. Either we drive on the left or I have been driving on the wrong side of the road for the last 8 years)
    And it's GMT, not GTM o:

Although I get your point.
    It's like Imperial vs Metric in terms of measurements.

However, the things I have learned about timezones and time conversion since playing MMOs is outstanding.

• Babyrstar - Sanctuary
    Babyrstar - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    is it 12 pm. wst or cst or est or it is 12 pm server time?
  • Akisorra - Archosaur
    Akisorra - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If i had to pick one thing i liked about the expansion it would be new characters to choose from...and one thing they could add is all the alternate versions of rrr9 I would literally go back to cash shopping to buy those dual swords and bow since the weapon skin looks way better than the current rrr9 set. RRR9 Firmament ugly as hell...RRR9 Sky splitter=sexy blade bow.
  • WorldWideWeb - Lost City
    WorldWideWeb - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    just click on the link with timezone on the first page and you will see when its ready for you... so hard to figureit out?b:cry
  • dutchest
    dutchest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hey all,

Maintenance will begin tonight at 11PM - 3AM.

This maintenance is to fix issues such as the Nation War Forges, and the Illusionary Leveling Pill. You will be able to log back on to any character after the maintenance, as the pill will not be available until 12 Noon tomorrow (12/19)

Time Conversion for when the Illusionary Pill will be available: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141219T12&p1=224

In the off-chance that anything fails to go through, please check back with this thread and our Facebook for any updates. Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PerfectWorldMMO

Maintenance Question: Aside from the obvious issues, how much are you enjoying the expansion? If you could pick only 1 favorite thing about it, what would it be? If you could add or remove 1 thing as well, what would that be?

I like the new graphics on some of the npc. However I wish everything in the bank and inventory would be stackable no matter how many they are and also additional bank extensions stones to however many you want to extend as long as you can afford the stone. More spaces for players and more $ for PWI for each stone sales.
  • Realzilla - Heavens Tear
    Realzilla - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Thanks! just kinda stinks.. they done understand the basics of economics... theyll crash this game
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Thing I like best about the expansion: new skill interface and being able to learn skills right from it. Thing I would remove: the new UI. That brown is so awful... and I can't read the coordinates or elevation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • blanketbandit
    blanketbandit Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    really lovin the new skill system... however... i would really like the skill tree back... following what skill is needed for what is much more difficult in the new system... so for the maint question... i'd like a tab added for skill tree ^^

and i love the new tour feature, the phoenix ride is cool... but can we have it straighten the view back out after it drops u off?... i had to relog every time to get it back straight... yeah i know, mousers dun have a problem, they change the view all over the place... but i'm a keyboarder and the view change really messes me up... alternatively, and perhaps a better solution... maybe a keyboard shortcut to realign the view back to straight ahead... even if it faces north like when u log in
This discussion has been closed.