No DQ coins, gear drops 150 coins or less???

Options
blondecherry
blondecherry Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
Looking for ideas on how to make coins in game now that they have taken away Dragon Quest items and gear drops are 150 coins or less. Solo gameplay plz and don't say TT & Lunar, they are no soloable by many classes?
Post edited by blondecherry on

Comments

• Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Harvest materials and sell them to catshops.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    same way as always, just because you cant profit off botting does not mean there are other ways
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Gnarrr - Lost City
    Gnarrr - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Harvest materials and sell them to catshops.

good luck with that,

with drops nerfed, no coin to buy from catshops .. so cat shops quit buying.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    that was kinda point now you have to spend real llife money to pwi chance packs to maybe win something valuable enough to repair your gear so you can keep playing now its not just pay to win but pwi has now become pay to play b:surrender
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    good luck with that,

Merchant catshops that buy and sell have existed before the auto cultivation system and they will continue to exist after the drops have been changed in value.

Lets see how this affects gold prices.
  • zigheart92
    zigheart92 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My guild shop still buys stuff >.> usually herbs and TT
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    b:chuckle i had to put some thought into its about the long game if you gave general public more coin it makes more stuff to sale and pass around.

If you make more and more things worthless and unattainable to the majority your econmy go crash like when gas prices was almost 5 bucks per gallon so it comes down to you want to pay five bucks per gallon for gas or not?b:pleased
  • Gnarrr - Lost City
    Gnarrr - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Merchant catshops that buy and sell have existed before the auto cultivation system and they will continue to exist after the drops have been changed in value.

Lets see how this affects gold prices.

Sooo true, but they bought from people that needed coin and sold to people that had coin.

I see the balance of the needs to has shifting more to the needs.

I also merchant in the game and if i don't make coin on an item fast enough i wont sell it.

Coin in catshops have to turn to make merchanting sucessfull.
  • zombienationz
    zombienationz Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sooo true, but they bought from people that needed coin and sold to people that had coin.

I see the balance of the needs to has shifting more to the needs.

I also merchant in the game and if i don't make coin on an item fast enough i wont sell it.

Coin in catshops have to turn to make merchanting sucessfull.

The real catch 22 is now everyone will be hoarding coins as they will have to squad etc to get coins, used to be able to manually murder mobs if u was desperate for repairs, took like 20 mins max, i used to play a long time ago but i think they should just remove the gold cap and throw coins everywhere lol then the cash shoppers can get their **** sold at the greedy prices they desire and nobody can ***** cept the lazies. since everyone would have a fair shot lol. me personally i'm ****ed as i don't enjoy random squads and never bothered to get rank 9 lol i also hate repition, like joj and bh lol
  • SephronX - Sanctuary
    SephronX - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    People who pumped so many coins into the system will still need to buy things. There are many people sitting on goods and services that people pay coin for. It will cycle around from those that have a lot to those that offer services or goods to those that can buy it.

Run FSP and sell the fsp coins or the C packs (assuming you are the higher levels) since people will need to level their cards still. BH continues to pump coins into this game from cards, and it will move around. Remember that a lot of these people TW and NW, and need herbs to make pots to stay alive. The herb market will fluctuate but will stay alive. And at least from what I'm seeing, you don't even need to invest in a pickaxe to dig anymore.
  • TitsMcGee_ - Sanctuary
    TitsMcGee_ - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You do not need to spend cash. Even if you are not a merchant, the game offers many resources for you to make use of in the form of dailies. Why would you want to ignore non-soloable options anyway?
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Why does no one ever mention actually picking coins up when it comes to making in-game money???

I'm forever seeing players leaving trails of coin behind.

I've never relied on drops. I don't use the auto-culti, but go out fight (maybe with a Justice Order Q., 1ManArmy, Wanted Quests, etc) I pick up everything maybe get a random gear drop if the mob is above my level (usually no extra drops for me except pots).

I fix my gear, I buy more ammo. I've made a profit, even buying the Justice Order or making the Wanteds (which are more since I get Cusade Orders through the AH, then pay to make them).

I DID NOT SELL DQs!!! I do the bloody Dragon Quest, purely out of habit. Grinding for the dq drops more than covered the cost of doing the quest grinding.

True, I could have made a lot more coin selling the DQs all along, but I've never needed to.

Also consider if you take the time to pick everything up, that time may let your character regen a bit more, and that might save you a few pots down the road.

PS If you spend the time to do them, you can still get more for your dq items by turning them into Dragon Orders (doing the quest) and then using the DOs for the gear the Dragon Quest Assistant has. TRUE, it's **** not worth a lot, but's it might be more than you'd get otherwise.
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    good luck with that,

I never meant drops but rather ores and wood... maybe herbs. In sum, stuff you extract from the ground.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I pick up every bit of cash that the mobs I kill drop and still rarely have money leftover, especially now my repair costs are starting to skyrocket. And I do pick up everything the mobs drop to sell later, so my total profits come from coin drops and item selling. Now DQ items are nerfed into the ground, I have no idea how I'll actually make cash (though at the moment the low-rank quests seem to be making a ton for my Stormbringer, so Account Stashing is go!)
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You do not need to spend cash. Even if you are not a merchant, the game offers many resources for you to make use of in the form of dailies. Why would you want to ignore non-soloable options anyway?
    I pick up every bit of cash that the mobs I kill drop and still rarely have money leftover, especially now my repair costs are starting to skyrocket. And I do pick up everything the mobs drop to sell later, so my total profits come from coin drops and item selling. Now DQ items are nerfed into the ground, I have no idea how I'll actually make cash (though at the moment the low-rank quests seem to be making a ton for my Stormbringer, so Account Stashing is go!)

the way its set up now is way worse then the original game as far as cash generation goes. back in the day, it was difficult to get your gear and skills but not impossible. Now with the coin / gear devalue, AS IT CURRENTLY STANDS, thats not going to be possible. Gold will have to drop dramatically and catshop prices also, or the only folks that will have coin is the folks who sell gold. And since nobody will have coin to buy gold that is going to drop dramatically. The bh's do not provide enough income NOW to fuel current catshop prices. for example, josd, where exactly are you going to farm 100M+ ? even @ 300k / day your looking @ 300 days for a SINGLE josd assuming no repair, gear, or any other costs... thats totally unrealistic.
    I'm not trying to QQ i'm trying to genuinely figure out what to do now. I merchant constantly and am concerned who is going to be able to afford my products now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    the way its set up now is way worse then the original game as far as cash generation goes. back in the day, it was difficult to get your gear and skills but not impossible. Now with the coin / gear devalue, AS IT CURRENTLY STANDS, thats not going to be possible. Gold will have to drop dramatically and catshop prices also, or the only folks that will have coin is the folks who sell gold. And since nobody will have coin to buy gold that is going to drop dramatically. The bh's do not provide enough income NOW to fuel current catshop prices. for example, josd, where exactly are you going to farm 100M+ ? even @ 300k / day your looking @ 300 days for a SINGLE josd assuming no repair, gear, or any other costs... thats totally unrealistic.
    I'm not trying to QQ i'm trying to genuinely figure out what to do now. I merchant constantly and am concerned who is going to be able to afford my products now.

To add on to this.. Anyone saying sell FSP coins, remember that is coin circulation, not generation. The economy will be stagnate for along time. The price of FSP coin should drop now too, as more people have less coin to buy from you.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Looking for ideas on how to make coins in game now that they have taken away Dragon Quest items and gear drops are 150 coins or less. Solo gameplay plz and don't say TT & Lunar, they are no soloable by many classes?

- Jolly Jones. Register a second account if you don't have one yet and boost one character to lvl 51 (max 60), one to 61 (max 70), one to 71 (max 80) then do the missions on each of these. 2 mil per day if you do, but it takes a while and involves lots of flying.

- If you can solo it, dual client the easier BH100's such as BH TT 3-1 and Warsong. This will be easier on some classes then others. (Or take 4 friends along for a small fee. "Twink BH service for sale, no need to fight, 250k/person")

- With the L95 stone coming in, people will want to level their characters. If you can solo BH79 or 89, sell BH service for those.

- Catshops. I've anticipated a run on grade 4 stones for Crazy Stone and set up a shop for it. Meow!

- Autocultivation can still turn a profit if you play it smart. Trick is to keep costs down. Use purple gear wherever possible, as it's worth next to nothing the repair costs are also next to nothing. Furthermore arcane classes use their weapon less often then APS classes, so they're more effective now. For pure autocultivation, Wizard (with primal Glacial), Psy and Mystic are now the best classes. Expect profits from coin stacks and selling potions/jade/ammo etc to be around 500k for a 6 hour autoculti bout.

- Mining/combining. Mine materials in Momaganon/Lothranis and combine them with the crafting stuff from kills you get down there to the half fabricate, then NPC that. (This is why I feel mining bots have to be dealt with, as this can turn a big profit still)

The way its set up now is way worse then the original game as far as cash generation goes. back in the day, it was difficult to get your gear and skills but not impossible. Now with the coin / gear devalue, AS IT CURRENTLY STANDS, thats not going to be possible. Gold will have to drop dramatically and catshop prices also, or the only folks that will have coin is the folks who sell gold.
    This is a good thing. Idiots who've bought at excessive prices will have to take their loss or be stuck with the gear they've bought.
    And since nobody will have coin to buy gold that is going to drop dramatically. The bh's do not provide enough income NOW to fuel current catshop prices. for example, josd, where exactly are you going to farm 100M+ ? even @ 300k / day your looking @ 300 days for a SINGLE josd assuming no repair, gear, or any other costs... thats totally unrealistic.
    Dunno how you're playing it but I'm still making well in excess of 500k/day on most of my characters (BM being the exception - and I guess barbs will have the same problem). After repair. Before BH rewards.

I fully expect prices to come down a lot now, to the level they were before autocultivation was introduced. Gold was at 1.5-2kk at the time, and token prices around 15k. Half of what they are now. But since there's a HUGE backlog of coin still in the market, it will take several months for the economy to cool and a new balance to be established. But that balance will be there. People spending coin to gear up their new Stormy will accelerate the process.

Eventually, I expect Jolly Jones to become the main lowerlevel moneymaker again, and the BH100's the moneymaker for the higher geared folk who can pull multiple toons through them. Catshops not so much - cats don't make money, they just move it from player A to player B.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    - Jolly Jones. Register a second account if you don't have one yet and boost one character to lvl 51 (max 60), one to 61 (max 70), one to 71 (max 80) then do the missions on each of these. 2 mil per day if you do, but it takes a while and involves lots of flying.

- If you can solo it, dual client the easier BH100's such as BH TT 3-1 and Warsong. This will be easier on some classes then others. (Or take 4 friends along for a small fee. "Twink BH service for sale, no need to fight, 250k/person")

- With the L95 stone coming in, people will want to level their characters. If you can solo BH79 or 89, sell BH service for those.

- Catshops. I've anticipated a run on grade 4 stones for Crazy Stone and set up a shop for it. Meow!

- Autocultivation can still turn a profit if you play it smart. Trick is to keep costs down. Use purple gear wherever possible, as it's worth next to nothing the repair costs are also next to nothing. Furthermore arcane classes use their weapon less often then APS classes, so they're more effective now. For pure autocultivation, Wizard (with primal Glacial), Psy and Mystic are now the best classes. Expect profits from coin stacks and selling potions/jade/ammo etc to be around 500k for a 6 hour autoculti bout.

- Mining/combining. Mine materials in Momaganon/Lothranis and combine them with the crafting stuff from kills you get down there to the half fabricate, then NPC that. (This is why I feel mining bots have to be dealt with, as this can turn a big profit still)

What makes BH worth 250k a person? It's only a chance at monetary rewards. It isn't like lunar where you got your coins back at the end of the run.
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Options
    20% chance at 2 million = 400k avg
    5% chance at 5 million = 250k avg

Average total BH reward therefor 650k. Asking for less then half that to basically complete the BH for a character without them needing to do anything except stand in range of the BH boss is fair I feel. Also you get rewards in addition to the BH itself: XP, that Nirvana talisman which can be converted into mirages/subs, and a BH2 that more often then not is auto completable for even more XP and some vitae.

• Molniya - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    250k a person for a BH? To me that seems insane, but then I'm the kind of person who's STRUGGLING to get my first level 79 skill book. I had to buy packs in order to get tokens for the apo pages and I've spent over a week trying to get the inks. I only had 2 before my Stormbringer transferred over cash to buy more and I'm still at 6. Forget getting the other level 79 skill for awhile. And I'm only level 85 (no rebirths), so I can't get into most things, Morai and the two Sage/Demon maps included.

And considering everyone wants you to pay to get help with Twilight Temple (I need armour BADLY and just got tailoring up to that level), yeah...I can't solo 2-1's first boss with his debuffs, so my weapons aren't going anywhere either. It feels like everything is far too expensive right now.
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sounds like you just need a Jolly Jones alt Molniya - or join a few BH69 runs and grab one of the green lvl 80 "Masters" weapons that drop so frequently there.

Or join a helpful lower level faction if they exist on your server (they do on Morai), and have them help you gear up a bit. At level 80, the "Masters" gear from BH69/BH79 should be quite nice. At level 95, you can get the Morai quest chain gear, which for PvE purposes should work until you're at 100 (if you don't have lvl 100 gear, rebirth immediately at lvl 100 and still be OP with Morai 95 gear instead - you'll begin building the primal passives as you level up that way).

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    20% chance at 2 million = 400k avg
    5% chance at 5 million = 250k avg

Average total BH reward therefor 650k. Asking for less then half that to basically complete the BH for a character without them needing to do anything except stand in range of the BH boss is fair I feel. Also you get rewards in addition to the BH itself: XP, that Nirvana talisman which can be converted into mirages/subs, and a BH2 that more often then not is auto completable for even more XP and some vitae.

So you're saying pay out 250k all week and possibly you get the 2m or 5m reward. It's not a good idea to bet on chance. The only way you come out on top is if you get mirages or 2m or 5m. I've been getting chips for days now. That really sucks. Sockets and chips are a loss.

I can't see this as something the community is willing to pay for. Neither would I be willing to charge for it. Remember you still need 4 to open, so unless your multi clienting, you kind of need other people too.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I can't see this as something the community is willing to pay for.

People were willing to pay the 500k splits for Lunar BH even before you could get a profit/break even. They didn't like it, but they were willing to do it.

And 250k is less than 500k. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It's not a good idea to bet on chance.

It's not about chance. It's about averages. If you do this consistently for weeks, your average per run -will- be 400k profit, even with a 250k buy-in. I'm considering running such a service just to see if people on Morai would bite. We're going to get a ton of undergeared level 100's from that 95 stone, and autoculti sins that are now out of a job (I zoomed around the map for giggles - ALL the heavily botted spots are nearly empty now, just a few non-picking bot-for-xp folk remain here and there, funny to see).

Also, betting on chance... never bought packs then? b:laugh

• Molniya - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sounds like you just need a Jolly Jones alt Molniya - or join a few BH69 runs and grab one of the green lvl 80 "Masters" weapons that drop so frequently there.
    Got a Master weapon, I believe. Lucky drop on a BH run and it actually went into my inventory rather than someone else's. I might have to get a JJ alt...I have a few alts on my account that I don't use that often. Do those give XP or just cash?

But yeah, it still seems so strange to pay what seems so much...
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    People were willing to pay the 500k splits for Lunar BH even before you could get a profit/break even. They didn't like it, but they were willing to do it.

And 250k is less than 500k. b:chuckle

Cost to open lunar 3m = people had to pay this to go....
    Sell eod for 3m and split= 500k each
    Therefore you got you coins back for doing lunar.

After coins added to lunar people were willing to pay 500k to just get it done, allowing the squad leader to take eod for him self. Members still broke even....

ETA: After the demise of Lunar BH people were trying to sell snake in WC... I never EVER see that anymore... Was not profitable to do consistently. You may get 1 or 2 people willing but other than that, waste of time...
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Got a Master weapon, I believe. Lucky drop on a BH run and it actually went into my inventory rather than someone else's. I might have to get a JJ alt...I have a few alts on my account that I don't use that often. Do those give XP or just cash?

But yeah, it still seems so strange to pay what seems so much...

Both, if you have the character room have 1 alt for each 10 levels, 40-50, 50-60 etc, you can build a nice cash balance. I use a 79 Cleric with a low level genie that I dump the exp into to keep her at 79. Invest the time in daily JJ quests for a while and it will ease the money pain on your main.
  • opkossy
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Cost to open lunar 3m = people had to pay this to go....
    Sell eod for 3m and split= 500k each
    Therefore you got you coins back for doing lunar.

After coins added to lunar people were willing to pay 500k to just get it done, allowing the squad leader to take eod for him self. Members still broke even....

I said before for a reason, you know. b:chuckle
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I said before for a reason, you know. b:chuckle

My point is I don't think you will find a community willing to pay for BH without knowing they can break even. Plus too many alts will be looking for BH now. Means many more chances to complete BH for free.

Your example proved my point.
  • opkossy
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My point is I don't think you will find a community willing to pay for BH without knowing they can break even. Plus too many alts will be looking for BH now. Means many more chances to complete BH for free.

Your example proved my point.

My example of people paying for BH Lunars even before there was the guarantee you'd break even at the very least proves your point that people aren't willing to pay for something they know they won't break even on?

Not exactly sure how that one's supposed to work...