How about a monthly subscrition instead

laiwaisan
laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
b:surrender seriously id rather spend 5 bucks 10 bucks a month price of two Starbucks if they rolled this whole thing back befor the fc aka 8 hour earn time dq nightmare as long as the sub subscription is cheap
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    God, no. Go away.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No. Not interested in subscription games. I will NOT play this game, nor any other that go subscription. There is a reason that most of us are here and not on a subscription type game....we opted for a F2P model.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    yeah but none of us thought we be paying pwi for a power lv pill that lvs you to 95 for 60 bucks either id rather spend 3 -5 bucks a month continues revenue maybe then they can pay there Devs to fix real issues in the game like broken quests bugs glitchs etc etc
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No, this game isnt worth the subscription. its been shown to us many times the PWE doesnt care about the players and only profit. if we paid monthly we'd still be treated like ****
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • Gnarrr - Lost City
    Gnarrr - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    One of the biggest draws to this game is that it is free to play.

It also doesn't hurt that that it also is fun with enough different things to do that it takes years to learn all the ins and outs.

Because of the above, I play this game. When I have to pay a subscription to be meat for the cash shoppers top level gears, then I'm done with it.
  • jaytrain91
    jaytrain91 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    another game thats f2p did a payed subscription server that dosent have a cash shop.
    how about that idea?
    TwoShanks- Twilight Temple
    BiggyLuvv- Twilight Temple
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • zombienationz
    zombienationz Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    so far 2 people would love wow lol
  • erisu
    erisu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No. The biggest draw, to me, is how much I can do without spending real money on this game. I'm poor as hell, I don't even have a dime to spend extra. I couldn't afford to pay for this game and would have no MMOs to play with friends that are even remotely decent quality. :/ So, no. No subscription just because you don't want to work for you levels a little bit.
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    b:surrender seriously id rather spend 5 bucks 10 bucks a month price of two Starbucks if they rolled this whole thing back befor the fc aka 8 hour earn time dq nightmare as long as the sub subscription is cheap
    Here are some things to realize...

1. Subscriptions were $10-15 per month OVER a decade ago. IE. We would be looking at as much as $30-50 per month, legitimately... IF it was just a subscription based game.

2. This game in particular is not going subscription. period.

3. Reality is that "Free to Play" is the future of MMORPGs as well as many other genres of gaming. That is not to say said business model will continue being "Pay to Win", and especially not in such unrestricted manners. (the only subs recently have been titles or companies that already had followings)

4. Personally, I would want a "Free to Play" MMORPG with "Pay to Win Reduction Systems" implemented... and I already have damn good ideas for how that can be possible. This would include Subscription as an optional investment, so long as it is done correctly (unlike other new games that recently failed with labor points and queueage).

The reason to NOT get rid of "Pay to Win" entirely, and thus only restrict it... Even in subscription games there were 2 advantaged player groups... Those with the resource of "Time" and those with "Skill." "Pay to Win" allows a third group into the mix, those with "Money." However, it needs restrictions.

5. This is the dark age of MMORPGs... the immediatey foreseeable future is not looking much better either. But in another ~10-20 years, I do think we will see another golden age.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nothing would change even if it was subscription. PW already earns a lot of money of us and still treat us like ****.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nothing would change even if it was subscription. PW already earns a lot of money of us and still treat us like ****.

Exactly this. Plus if I paid a sub, I'd expect a better running game.
  • Yurisuri - Sanctuary
    Yurisuri - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Too much to improve before this game could ever be sub based. They know the level of qq and anger at broken issues is huge on sub games. I pay for 2 mmos in my life and they cater to players. PWI would destroy itself in the attempt to cater to legit paying customers. b:bye
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ugh yuck no thank you. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Still a subsidary of Wamnei. Still has to deal with questionable overall management for the things they have control over.

No thanks.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • TruthWarren - Raging Tide
    TruthWarren - Raging Tide Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    PW isn't good enough to be a subscription-based game. It would need a major graphical and content overhaul. I like the idea of the positive changes that could occur if it went to a subscription model, though. It would remove the advantages of big spending that the cash shoppers rely on and, in turn, the egotistical drivel they constantly spew. It might also lead to a higher quality community.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iwotm8?
  • scythecaster
    scythecaster Posts: 23
    edited December 2014
    I would honestly like to see a sub-based pwi servers, our current servers however..are definitely not in a condition that a sub based model could sustain. too many people would leave, and the only ones who would stay..are the ones who've spent 100's on rrr9.

i coulda swore that there has been a sub-based pwi version somewhere out there...
  • chibibanana
    chibibanana Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I joined pwi because it was f2p and my pc can actually run it. Having the cash shop is fine with me, but I'd never be able to play if it went sub based. Now on that note I think that having a server the is pay only is fine, as long as it doesn't affect the current f2p servers.
  • iceman81592
    iceman81592 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No, this game isnt worth the subscription. its been shown to us many times the PWE doesnt care about the players and only profit. if we paid monthly we'd still be treated like ****

Very much so is true ....but I agree to the monthly subscription maybe it would change some of there perspectives ...and possibly bring back some of our old players
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    i coulda swore that there has been a sub-based pwi version somewhere out there...

Yeah, in China there's a 2P version of PW that runs... with a lot of major differences from the F2P version as well.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Medeina - Raging Tide
    Medeina - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would pay for subscription as i like this game. Sad thing - this game is not free to play friendly any more. I cs but i understand that w/o free to play players - game would be alot less crowded and less fun. I avoided cs first 2-3 years of my pwi experience but now i am one of those hardcore cash shoppers :D 1 thing is very sad - when i was free to play - 0 of my tickets were answered. As a cs player i started to get very nice service from customer support. All issues are solved fast and nice.
    What i want to say - i think all customers should be treated equally. Because you dont know, when free to play customer will start to put money in your game. obviously if customer feels treated badly - he might quit a game and he most likely wont start to invest money in to this type of entertainment. I think pwi should consider this simple rule if they want players base and profit growing. b:shutup
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    yeah but none of us thought we be paying pwi for a power lv pill that lvs you to 95 for 60 bucks either id rather spend 3 -5 bucks a month continues revenue maybe then they can pay there Devs to fix real issues in the game like broken quests bugs glitchs etc etc

No.

No.

\no
    \\no one has bought a $60 power pill
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2014

No....just....no.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You can pretend it's a subscription game and buy 10 gold a month....b:chuckle
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You say this like you have to buy the stone....or anything else. The actual truth is, you don't. You do not need to buy that stone. It is a luxury item for people to power level and not actually required for you to buy.

I don't want to pay for a sub game and would quit this one if it went that way. With a sub you have the feeling that you have to play to justify paying a monthly fee for it. With a cashshop, you spend what you want, when you want, if you want since you are not required to spend and you get exactly what you pay for.

With the sea of MMO's out there, people should find the one that suits them, not try to overhaul the one they are currently playing to suit them.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have no issue supporting a game with developers that work hard and care for their players. But this is PWI. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    it would make things a bit too complicated.
    letting it be f2p makes alot of things slide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How about No, No, and some more No. Also can be stated as DEFINITELY NOT.